Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 in Music

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: 2013 in Music

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Trent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRoyal92 View Post
    Edit: So one of my favorite bands, Fall Out Boy, just announced they were coming of hiatus after 3 years.
    All in one day, they release the first song, the album title and all new tour dates.
    I wonder if the whole album will sound like that or like their older sound.
    I'm thinking from the video they're saying they want to start over with new material. Though they usually have a few tracks on their album that seem to stand out and are different. I hope My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark is one of those but I think the album will be different from what they previously have put out, though I hope there's still some traces of their older stuff. I really like this, I know lot of people disagree or are indifferent but it's rather catchy.
    I'm excited to see what Fall Out Boy have to bring on this new album.

I'm really looking forward to Nicki Minaj's new album (don't judge), especially cause she's going for more quality music, since her second album got a lot of backlash and was very disappointed. She used to be really great imo, so I'm very excited.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

It looks like there's a new MGMT album coming out in June. I'm pretty excited for that.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Knock 'em Out Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Nicki Minaj's new album (don't judge), especially cause she's going for more quality music, since her second album got a lot of backlash and was very disappointed. She used to be really great imo, so I'm very excited.
    Do you know what it's called? Cause or what month it'll be coming out by chance? x) Though it's no biggie if you don't. But this is something I'll definitely look forward too! Especially if she sings more, cause her singing voice is awesome.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Trade ShopArt Gallery

Arcade Fire and The Black Keys are releasing albums this year. I'm really looking forward to those. And I'm also curious how Bowie's record's gonna turn out. Justin Timberlake's, too.

I already have Release the Panic by Red, and have conflicted feelings on it. The first half is too "poppy", has the stench of Howard Benson all over it, and doesn't hold a candle to their previous three releases, especially Innocence & Instinct. The second half really picks up, but, as one critique put it, isn't really challenging to the members musically; it's almost as if the band is too afraid risk doing anything beyond synthesizers and power chords with predictable song structure.

I would like to give Made by Hawk Nelson, Lost Between Brilliance and Insanity by My Heart to Fear, The Bridge Between by Phinehas, Unholy Anger by Those Who Fear, and Beyond Measure by Dynasty a listen. I'm also interested in what Solamors has to deliver, considering Jason Wisdom (former bassist, vocalist, and lead songwriter of Becoming the Archetype) and Alex Kenis (former guitarist of Becoming the Archetype and currently guitars vocals for Aletheian) are involved. The sample or two they've released sound so freaking amazing.

As for future releases, so far just Prevailer - For Today, Creation|Destruction - Fit for a King, Aletheia - Hope for the Dying, Fear Inside Our Bones - The Almost, The Finale - Before Their Eyes, Anchors - I Am Empire, We Came As Romans #3, Oh Sleeper #4, August Burns Red #5, Trenches #2, Serianna #2, Decyfer Down #3, Relient K #7, Pillar #7, The Great Commission #3, and Creations #3.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 10th March 2013 at 08:44 PM.

« Tumbling Dice » Caprizant's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Caprizant on Tumblr

I've looked at this Wikipedia page just now, and it seems like lots of my favorite artists will be releasing albums this year, or are at least planning on it; The Strokes, The Flaming Lips, Fall Out Boy, Alice In Chains, Arcade Fire, Against Me!, Jimmy Eat World, Panic! at the Disco, Pearl Jam, Suicidal Tendencies, and Sigur Rós. Most looking forward to the Arcade Fire and Sigur Rós ones, definitely. I'll have to catch the new David Bowie album sometime soon, too.

"This is why events unnerve me; they find it all, a different story. Notice whom for wheels are turning—turn again, and turn towards this time."
    Fun & GamesRulesLast.fmThe Planetary Pit StopTumbling DiceBlack Water FallsCeremonyAvatarBannerShop

Quote Originally Posted by Caprizant View Post
    I've looked at this Wikipedia page just now, and it seems like lots of my favorite artists will be releasing albums this year, or are at least planning on it; The Strokes, The Flaming Lips, Fall Out Boy, Alice In Chains, Arcade Fire, Against Me!, Jimmy Eat World, Panic! at the Disco, Pearl Jam, Suicidal Tendencies, and Sigur Rós. Most looking forward to the Arcade Fire and Sigur Rós ones, definitely. I'll have to catch the new David Bowie album sometime soon, too.
    The Strokes album is up for streaming and Flaming Lips got leaked a while ago.

Fantasy's upcoming album Endstation Sehnsucht.
    Applejack: OK, this is just gettin' weird. Real me! Real me!

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excited as all hell for Daft Punk's new album in May asdfhjkhrhmfhvie ÀAAAAAAAH

^~^ Fab's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Likeohmigodmetoo.

Actually made a daft punk thread here, so you can discuss it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Do you think it will be as good as their other albums? I haven't heard Human after all but I have high hopes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12