2013 in Music

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2013 in Music

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default 2013 in Music

Hiya guys :)

In this thread we talk about music from this year, that means we can discuss music news, upcoming releases, new bands and albums, all that kind of thing, as long as its relevant to 2013

So, to kick start the thread, which bands (confirmed, rumoured or wishful thinking) have release you're looking forward to this year?

I'm hoping that Aphex Twin releases the six albums he's been talking about last year. He probably won't though.

And maybe Deepchord/cv313/Rod Modell will have a couple releases, hopefully an album from one of them.
    Kaori and Dolce like this.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Default Re: 2013 in Music

I'm personally really freakin' excited for Lady Gaga's ARTPOP, which is apparently going to be released in two volumes this year. She may split opinions like Marmite sometimes, but I am always stoked to see what she creates next.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FenneKaori View Post
    I'm personally really freakin' excited for Lady Gaga's ARTPOP, which is apparently going to be released in two volumes this year. She may split opinions like Marmite sometimes, but I am always stoked to see what she creates next.
    Hope it has lots of hits, I would gladly listen to a Gaga best of, but I'm not too keen on her studio albums, too much filler, I think.

I don't even know who has upcoming releases. My Bloody Valentine, apparently, I'll probably miss it though. Pantha Du Prince has an album out, pretty recently, will need to check that one out. More minimal techno, just the way I like it :p

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Black Sabbath are back and their latest album will be released in the middle of the year, around June I think.

Guess what it's called? Go ahead, guess. That's right, 13. DUH.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Black Sabbath are back and their latest album will be released in the middle of the year, around June I think.

13 isn't a great name for an album. It isn't bad, just completely forgettable. I'll skip the album.
    maglev is invisible

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

Hmmm...Not many bands I like with a new album out this year. I've heard a rumored Skillet album and MCR album, and then the new U2 album. That should be it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Hmmm...Not many bands I like with a new album out this year. I've heard a rumored Skillet album and MCR album, and then the new U2 album. That should be it.
    I don't really keep up with new releases, so I don't even know what to be excited for.
    maglev is invisible

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh, what's this about a new U2 album? :o

Blog Entries

Eh, what's this about a new U2 album? :o
    Bono reveals details about new U2 studio album

There ya go.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Stratovarius is set to release their new album late February, I don't really listen to them though.

Nothing new from Dragonforce, Alestorm, or Rhapsody of Fire, and Power Quest has disbanded. Not much for me in the way of music this year.

Blog Entries

13? Blegh.

Still, I should probably go check that out when it's released.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Well, Adam's been working on a new album since around December, I think, and he says it'll be "more Air Traffic like" (well that's not exactly what he said, someone tweeted him saying "I miss when your music was more air traffic like" and he retweeted it and said "Then you're gonna love what the new stuff sounds like") so yeah there's that to look forward to :) oh yeah and all the hoot owls are still waiting for him to release Hey Anna and I Hope You Think Of Me, it better be this year
    Last edited by Vanillish Twilight; 24th January 2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: changed the format because idk that smiley face looked awkward there

Blog Entries

I'm looking forward to the newest Foster The People album(That been announced to come out in 2013 2 years ago) and Justin Timberlake's comeback album.
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday View Post
    Well, Adam's been working on a new album since around December, I think, and he says it'll be "more Air Traffic like" (well that's not exactly what he said, someone tweeted him saying "I miss when your music was more air traffic like" and he retweeted it and said "Then you're gonna love what the new stuff sounds like") so yeah there's that to look forward to :)
    oh yeah and all the hoot owls are still waiting for him to release Hey Anna and I Hope You Think Of Me, it better be this year
    This.
    And there's many other albums I'm looking forward to. One being Paramore's self-titled album Paramore which will be out April 9, 2013 . They just release the first single "Now" and while it's different I really like it.

Some others
    Skillet's upcoming album which is apparently gonna be out in early 2013 hopefully.
    Switchfoot's album Fading West which also a soundtrack for a documentary (sometime in May or Summer of 2013)
    The Almost's new album Fear Inside Our Bones
    Red's new album which is gonna be out in February
    My Chemical Romance's 5th album (hopefully out in 2013) and of course the final and fifth part of their unreleased singles , Conventional Weapons on February 5.
    Relient K's possible new album in 2013
    Killswitch Engage's new album in April
    A Day To Remember's new album , Common Courtesy
    Family Force 5's re-release of III called The Third
    The 20th anniversary re-issue edition of Nirvana's In Utero (this counts as new albums for 2013 right? )
    More new albums to come in 2013.

Edit: So one of my favorite bands, Fall Out Boy, just announced they were coming of hiatus after 3 years.
    All in one day, they release the first song, the album title and all new tour dates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsfY8iFbYjE This the first new song in from them in three years and I honestly gotta say it's really different , but I love it.
    New album comes out May 6 and 7th worldwide and it's called Save Rock And Roll. And I'm so excited to hear more.
    Last edited by Kouzan; 5th February 2013 at 04:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRoyal92 View Post
    Edit: So one of my favorite bands, Fall Out Boy, just announced they were coming of hiatus after 3 years.
    All in one day, they release the first song, the album title and all new tour dates.
    I wonder if the whole album will sound like that or like their older sound.
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast