Blog Entries

Default QQCH.

Judge Buoysel's Log.

I became a Judge on the 21st of July, 2011. Check HERE for confirmation. :}

Number of contests judged:

Total judge wages earned:
    39,750 Pokédollars.
    2,000 CC.

Last edited by Buoy; 10th June 2012 at 12:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Quelque chose.

Contest #1.
    AIM.
    R/S/E Cool Contest.
    Normal Rank.
    No stats.

Participants:
    Synthesis and Gengar.
    Fawkes and Skarmory.
    Gliscorman and Staraptor.
    Bumblebee and Durant.

Skarmory and Staraptor did practically the same thing. Gengar used one cool move, because he prefers to be smart. Durant got in a lucky move and boosted himself from last place to first, only to have the lead snatched away by smart Gengar's Curse/Destiny Bond combination, which is at this stage getting quite the usage in contests. ;D

End Result:
    With 250 PTS, Skarmory and Fawkes rank in last place! They get 1,000 Pokédollars and 500 contest credits!
    With 260 PTS, both Durant and Bumblebee and Staraptor and Gliscorman tie for second place! They get 1,500 Pokédollars and 1,000 contest credits!
    With 330 PTS, Gengar and Synthesis rank in first place! They get 2,000 Pokédollars and 1,500 contest credits, as well as a neat Normal Rank Cool Ribbon!

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Last edited by Buoy; 12th May 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Quelquechose.

Contest #2.
    R/S/E Beauty Contest.
    Normal Rank.
    No stats.

Participants:
    Bumblebee and Volcarona.
    Ayotui and Rhyperior.
    Synthesis and Gengar.
    Pichu Boy and Slowbro.

Gengar did practically the same thing again in this contest! Huh, these Ghost types need a more original strategy x[. Volcarona did himself proud with managing to do two combos and a nice finish by snatching the last 'crowd goes wild' boost. Slowbro was actually doing quite good at one point, but I suppose he would have done better in a contest with less experienced co-ordinators. Rhyperior also liked his Fire Punch/Ice Punch combo, ending off in a Take Down which didn't really help him to win much in the end anyway *-*. Good contest all in all.

End Result:
    In last place comes Slowbro and Pichu Boy! They both get 1,000 Pokédollars and 500 Contest credits!
    In third place comes Rhyperior with Ayotui! They both get 1,500 Pokédollars and 500 contest credits!
    In second place... comes Volcarona and trainer Bumblebee! They both get 1,500 Pokédollars and 1,000 contest credits!
    So, in first place comes Gengar and Synthesis, receiving 2,000 Pokédollars, 1,500 contest credits and a neat Normal Rank Beauty Ribbon!

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Last edited by Buoy; 21st January 2012 at 01:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #3.
    R/S/E Tough Contest.
    Normal Rank.
    No stats.

Participants:
    Alaskapigeon with Dragonite [A].
    Gliscorman with Raticate.
    JokesterJesse with Gengar.
    Mubz with Dragonite [B].

End Result:
    In last place comes Alaskapigeon and Dragonite! They both get 1,000 Pokédollars and 500 Contest credits!
    In third place comes Gliscorman and Raticate! They both get 1,500 Pokédollars and 500 contest credits!
    In second place... comes Mubz and Dragonite! They both get 1,500 Pokédollars and 1,000 contest credits!
    So, in first place comes JokesterJesse and Gengar, receiving 2,000 Pokédollars, 1,500 contest credits and a neat Normal Rank Tough Ribbon!

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Last edited by Buoy; 21st January 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #4.
    R/S/E Tough Contest.
    Normal Rank.
    No stats.

Participants:
    Fawkes and Omanyte.
    Mubz and Gyarados.
    Synthesis and Gengar.
    Bumblebee and Krookodile.

I added in several comments each round to much hilarity and blablabla, which went down a storm. Hooray for Buoysel! Anyhoo, Gengar is a noob and no-one tried to stop him from noobing around the show. Disappointing, huh. Krookodile made a nice comeback with Outrage in the last round to tie second place with Omanyte, who enjoyed startling everyone so much he got an offer for prostitution.

End Result:
    In last place comes Mubz and Gyarados! They both get 1,000 Pokédollars and 500 Contest credits!
    In second place... comes Fawkes/Omanyte and Bumblebee/Krookodile! They both get 1,500 Pokédollars and 1,000 contest credits!
    So, in first place comes Synthesis and Gengar, receiving 2,000 Pokédollars, 1,500 contest credits and a neat Normal Rank Tough Ribbon!

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #5.
    D/P/Pt Cool Contest.
    Grand Festival.
    No stats.

Participants:
    Toxophillite/Smorgasbord with no-one (disqualified for not sending Pokémon).
    RUSTYREFBOT with Ambipom.
    Team Evolution with Tyranitar.
    Derpeh Hoovez with Rapidash.

Nothing interesting happened here. Ataro won by default seeing as he was the only one who sent. TE quit and Derpeh Hoovez was disqualified for not sending a move on time.

End Result:
    I'm going by how people went out of the Contest here...
    Smorgasbord with n/a comes in last place! They both get 1,000 Pokédollars and 500 Contest credits.
    In third place comes Team Evolution and Tyranitar! They both get 1,500 Pokédollars and 500 Contest credits.
    In second place comes Derpeh Hoovez and Rapidash! They both get 1,500 Pokédollars and 1,000 Contest credits.
    In first place comes RUSTYREFBOT and Ambipom! They both get 2,000 Pokédollars, 1,500 Contest credits and a Normal Rank Cool Ribbon!

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #6.
    R/S/E Tough Contest.
    Normal Rank.
    No stats.

Participants:
    Mubz with Dragonite.
    Nyurgh with Machamp.
    The pokemaster with Leavanny.
    Kersthebear with Gliscor.

It was a world of people barely getting any points due to Nyurgh's Payback combined with Gliscor's (when he could be bothered to make a move) Earthquake. In the end, Nyurgh's tactics earned him the most points and so he won the contest. However, Mubz probably would have clinched a higher spot had Leavanny's Baton Pass not made him nervous. Oh, by the way, Pokemaster's Leavanny is so BEAUTIFUL. *-*

End Result:
    With 20 PTS, Gliscor and kersthebear rank in last place! They get 1,000 Pokédollars and 500 contest credits.
    With 80 PTS, Dragonite and Mubz come in third place! They get 1,500 Pokédollars and 500 contest credits!
    With 130 PTS, Leavanny and The pokemaster come in second place! They get 1,500 Pokédollars and 1,000 contest credits.
    With 160 PTS is Machamp and Nyurgh, receiving 2,000 Pokédollars, 1,500 contest credits and a Normal Rank Tough Ribbon!

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #7.
    D/P/Pt Smart Contest.
    Grand Festival.
    No stats.

Participants:
    Pidge with Starmie.
    Neonsands with Cacturne.
    Synthesis with N/A.
    Roulette with N/A.

Full of lulz, really. Flavour text was fun to come up with, and participants (all two of them) were great. Good contest, although not much strategising went into it. I've kinda noticed that with D/P/Pt.

End Result:
    Synthesis/N/A & Roulette/N/A tie for fourth place with a total of zero points! They all receive 1,000 Pokédollars and 500 contest credits.
    In second place comes Pidge and Starmie with 800 points! They both receive 1,500 Pokédollars and 1,000 contest credits!
    In first place comes Neonsands and Cacturne with 821 points! They both receive 2,000 Pokédollars, 1,500 contest credits and a Smart Normal Rank Ribbon!

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Last edited by Buoy; 21st January 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #8.
    AIM.
    R/S/E Cute Contest.
    Normal Rank.
    No stats.

Participants:
    Gmandiddy with Gengar.
    ChainReaction01 with Gallade.
    MaverickKaiser with Lapras.
    SLCalamity with Kingdra.

Nervousness haxing sucks for other people. Unlike the typical Gengar, Gman's wasn't wielding the popular Curse/Destiny Bond, and actually lost l0l. Chainy was dragging behind, but HIS Destiny Bond came up trumps in the end. SLC's Kingdra only won 'cause of nervousness caused, I guess. Maverick... I don't even know. Participants were great, blahblahblah.

End result:
    In last place is Gmandiddy and Gengar, with 90 PTS. They get 1,000 Pokédollars.
    In third place is MaverickKaiser and Lapras, with 120 PTS. They get 1,500 Pokédollars.
    In second place is ChainReaction and Gallade, with 130 PTS. They get 1,500 Pokédollars.
    In first place is SLCalamity and Kingdra, with 140 PTS. They get 2,000 Pokédollars and a Cute Ribbon.

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #9.
    AIM.
    R/S/E Normal-Rank Festival.
    No stats.
    The same attribute can't be rolled twice.
    Maximum CL is 8.

Participants:
    Gmandiddy with Gengar.
    MaverickKaiser with Lapras.
    EmmySCX with Ampharos.
    SLCalamity with Kingdra.
    BulbaTurtwig with Parasect.
    PichuBoy with Slowbro.

I could, y'know, c/p the entire contest into here. BUT I CAN'T BE BOTHERED. So, instead, you get a crap summary: there was certain plans made from the very start of the competition, but a mixture of Bulba's general trolling the festival and some attempts at nervous hax messed everyone up, excluding some. Ampharos and Slowbro were very close at the second-to-last round, but Ampharos used Charge when moving first in the turn... and then Slowbro followed up with Psych Up, which was what clenched his win. Gengar was doing poorly due to nervousness, but pulled himself up with a Destiny Bond in the end to get third place. PICHUBOY Y U NO APOLOGISE

End result:
    In last place is BulbaTurtwig and Parasect with 20 PTS. They get 1,000 Pokédollars.
    In fifth place is MaverickKaiser and Lapras with 90 PTS. They get 1,500 Pokédollars.
    In fourth place is SLCalamity and Kingdra with 120 PTS. They get 2,000 Pokédollars.
    In third place is Gmandiddy and Gengar with 140 PTS. They get 2,500 Pokédollars.
    In second place is EmmySCX and Ampharos with 150 PTS. They get 3,000 Pokédollars.
    In first place is PichuBoy and Slowbro with 220 PTS. They get 3,500 Pokédollars and Normal-Rank Ribbon of choice.

I get 4,000 Pokédollars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #10.
    AIM.
    R/S/E Normal-Rank Festival.
    No stats.
    The same attribute can't be rolled twice.
    Maximum CL is 8.

Participants:
    Feolthanos Exultant with Togekiss.
    Gmandiddy with Gengar.
    PichuBoy with Arcanine.
    FrozenChaos/whateverhernameis with Lanturn.
    Alaskapigeon with Infernape.
    SLCalamity with Kingdra.
    Ebail with Ambipom.

HAVE FUN WITH THIS MESS:

End result:
    In last place with 60 PTS is Alaskapigeon and Infernape. They get 1,000 Pokédollars.
    In sixth place with 90 PTS is PichuBoy and Arcanine. They get 1,500 Pokédollars.
    In joint fourth place with 100 PTS each is FrozenChaos and Lanturn and Feolthanos Exultant and Togekiss. They get 2,250 Pokédollars.
    In third place with 110 PTS is Ebail and Ambipom. They get 3,000 Pokédollars.
    In second place with 130 PTS is SLCalamity and Kingdra. They get 3,500 Pokédollars.
    In first place with 180 PTS is Gmandiddy and Gengar. They get 4,000 Pokédollars.

I get 4,500 Pokédollars!

Last edited by Buoy; 21st January 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #11.
    AIM.
    R/S/E Cool Contest.
    Normal Rank.
    No stats.

Participants:
    Gmandiddy with Cofagrigus.
    Bumblebee with Gardevoir.
    Alaskapigeon with Sceptile.
    SLCalamity with Kingdra.

Uh, stuff happened, I guess. Max CL was never achieved due to Beebee never using a compatible move. Gmandiddy was the clear winner here, led throughout the contest -- except for the first round. Alaska was doing quite well, but couldn't get to grasps with the big score that Destiny Bond got, as well as the boost that the condition stars brought him. Kingdra was trailing behind in everyone's wake.

End result:
    In last place, with 150 PTS, is SLCalamity and Kingdra. They both get 1,000 Pokédollars.
    In third place, with 180 PTS, is Bumblebee and Gardevoir. They both get 1,500 Pokédollars.
    In second place, with 190 PTS, is Alaskapigeon and Sceptile. They both get 1,500 Pokédollars.
    In first place, with 360 PTS, is Gmandiddy and Cofagrigus. They both get 2,000 Pokédollars and a Normal-Rank Cool Ribbon.

I get 2,000 CC!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: QQCH.

Contest #12.
    AIM.
    B/W Contest.
    4v4.
    Revo.
    No helds.
    SLP/FRZ/OHKO/EVA clauses.
    Default weather/terrain.

Participants:
    WinterVines with Jolteon, Crobat, Reuniclus and Conkeldurr.
    Mubz with Dragonite, Gyarados, Hitmonlee and Ludicolo.

IT WAS SO EXHAUSTING. My first B/W Contest judging attempt was a little while over 2 hours. If I do say so myself, my performance was impressive. :> I found the experience quite fun. It was a little edgy-looking when Dragonite started to stall and got rolled Sub while sleep talking, but Winter still had Pokémon to fall back on by the end of it, while most Mubz's were quickly KO'd. DRAGONITE WAS A TROUBLEMAKER.

End result:
    WinterVines wins with 740 points! She receives 2,000 Pokédollars and 1,500 CC. She also gets a Cute Ribbon for Crobat and a Cool Ribbon for Jolteon!
    Mubz loses with 670 points. He receives 1,000 Pokédollars and 500 CC.

I get 3,000 Pokédollars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #13.
    AIM.
    R/S/E Cool Contest.
    Normal Rank.
    No stats.
    Nervous clause.

Participants:
    Alaskapigeon with Salamence.
    WebMaster with Gengar.
    Turtwig A with Bulbasaur.
    Mubz with Articuno.

Gengar was being Gengar, hurrdurr. I'd like to think that having Normal clause on made people actually think, but all Turt tried to do was jam everyone, and Mubz assured me he was sending random moves. I think Alaska was being logical, though. IN THE END, GENGAR'S MOST PREDICTABLE COMBINATIONS SAW IT THROUGH TO WIN. Unsurprising and also boring. I think we should just ban Curse + Destiny Bond. IT GRINDS MAH GEARS.

End result:
    In last place, with 70 points, is Turtwig A and Bulbasaur! They both get 1,000 Pokédollars and 500 CC.
    In third place, with 190 PTS, is Mubz and Articuno! They both get 1,500 Pokédollars and 750 CC.
    In second place, with 230 PTS, is Alaskapigeon and Salamence! They both get 1,500 Pokédollars and 750 CC.
    In first place, with 340 PTS, is WebMaster and Gengar! They both get 2,000 Pokédollars, 1,000 CC and a Normal-Rank Cool Ribbon.

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Last edited by Buoy; 13th May 2012 at 07:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contest #14.
    AIM.
    R/S/E Smart Contest.
    Normal Rank.
    No stats.
    Nervous clause.

Participants:
    Mubz with Jolteon.
    Morru Magnum with Dragonite.
    Fawkes with Ferrothorn.
    Gmandiddy with Cofagrigus.

Look, a Ghost-type that learns Curse and Destiny Bond?! Surely they won't use that god-awful comb-- OH. I GUESS THEY WILL. Mubz, at least, helped to stop Curse + Spite which would have put Cofagrigus in the lead. If CS-Curse had been cancelled out a second time, then Fawkes could have drawn for first place. OH WELL.

End result:
    In joint third place, with 170 points, is Mubz and Jolteon and Morru Magnum and Dragonite! They get 1,500 Pokédollars and 750 CC.
    In second place, with 220 PTS, is Fawkes and Ferrothorn! They get 1,500 Pokédollars and 750 CC.
    In first place, with 320 PTS, is Gmandiddy and Cofagrigus! They get 2,000 Pokédollars, 1,000 CC and a Normal-Rank Smart Ribbon.

I get 2,000 Pokédollars!

Last edited by Buoy; 13th May 2012 at 07:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast