URPG GRAND OPENING FESTIVAL 2014 SIGN-UPS
Come on, come all, to the greatest show in town! Wait, I think that's the wrong catchphrase...Well, never mind all that. Welcome to what I'm (un)officially calling the “URPG Grand Opening Festival”, in celebration of the URPG's expansion to PxR. A Festival, for those of you who are curious, is a special kind of Contest that takes places between six or more Coordinators. If you've never taken place in a Contest, never fear! Coordinating is easy to learn and fun to do, especially when a big group gets together.
There are, of course, a few rules that we have to follow. There aren't too awfully many, so let's get to them:
- You must be a member of the URPG to participate. If you're interested in taking part, feel free to go check out the Starter Request thread and become a URPG member!
- Post in this thread to state that you're signing up. Once detailed rules (listed below) have been set, you'll be able to send your participating Pokemon.
- The Festival will take place on the forums. Each forum will have its own thread to accommodate people who don't have accounts on one forum or the other.
- No Contest stats will be used for this Festival. This will make the experience equal and fair for newb and vet alike.
- This will be a Normal Rank Festival.
- This Festival will be conducted in what's known as the RSE style. This follows the Gen3 (original) Contests where Pokemon appeal to one Judge and can be Nervous or Startled. For all the information you'll need, head over to the All About Contests thread. Information about Festivals is included.
- At the end of every turn, the Attribute for the next turn will be randomly rolled.
- Failing to send in time will result in being too Nervous to move. This means your Pokemon won't be able to appeal and earn points for that turn.
- Sign-ups will be open from today until 11:59pm 3/9/14 (Sunday the 9th).
And those are the general rules. There are also some rules that have yet to be decided and will be determined once sign-ups have ended and we see how many people will be participating. These are:
- The number of turns the Festival will last. Festivals are no less than five turns, but depending on how many people take part, it may go as high as ten or twelve.
- The number the Crowd Meter will max at. This is no less than five, but can be raised higher to account for more participants.
- A possible special rule! If enough people sign up to allow for a higher Crowd Meter, a fun rule to add some spice and shake things up will be implemented.
- The number of days allowed for sending moves. This will be anywhere from three to five.
- The rates for Nervousness. The higher the number of participants, the lower the rates will be set.
Placing last will result in earning $1,000, and the winnings increase by increments of $500 for every place above that. Ribbons are awarded to the top x number of placings, where x equals the number of participants divided by four, rounded down. For example, if we get twelve people, the people who come in the first three places will each get a Normal Ribbon of the Attribute of their choice.
It's free to join and one Pokemon is as good as any other, so join me in welcoming PxR to the URPG with some flair!