GYM TOURNAMENT 2013
Warm up your pitchforks and turn on CAPS LOCK because it's time for this year's edition of the Gym Tournament! As always, I'm looking forwards to wading through the complaints and outrage as we look once more for our most powerful Gym Leader! Well, actually, probably just the Gym Leader with the most OP Pokemon, but... still! Prizes are involved~
This year I will be trying out something new, a request that many of you made last year and has been reinforced by the Staff this year. For the entirety of this Tournament, matchups will be entirely random! Water and Flying Gyms, commence grinning. Grass and Ground gyms, commence groaning.
- You must post in this thread using the below form to confirm that your Gym is participating in this tournament.
- You may only use Pokemon you use in your Gym (owned or rented). If your line-up changes during the tournament, you will have to use the Pokemon that are on your line-up sheet.
- All battles and matchups will be determined completely randomly, avoiding any type bias.
- This is an elimination tournament. That means if you lose, you're out.
- If there is an issue with time zones then make sure you contact me as soon as possible and we'll set up a date and time for you to battle your opponent.
- Wildcards are not allowed in this tournament BECAUSE REASONS
- Defeating a Gym Leader in this tournament does not grant you their badge.
- All battles will take place on AIM and not the forum to ensure they are done quickly. The aim is to have each round take no longer than ten days.
- Orange Island Gyms may only submit 12 of their Pokemon to use in the Tournament.
All battles during this tournament will be 6v6. Below are the default rules for all battles.
B/W Revolution (may be changed to D/P/Pt Revolution if both battlers agree)
Items On (may be changed to Items Off if both battlers agree)
No Weather / Default Terrain
SLP/FRZ/OHKO/EVA Clauses On
Signups go from when this is posted until 8AM December 27th GMT+9:30. Assuming all goes well, after that each round will last between seven and ten days. I'm going to be really strict on that ten-day upper limit, so make sure you get battles done before the dates I'll post later.
First Place Prize:
- If you have any Rented Pokemon, you may choose one of those Pokemon to become Owned in addition to any EMs you have on them, and 3 more TMs on top of these.
- If all of your Pokemon are Owned, you can claim any non-Legendary Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type with 3 TMs on it.
- If you own all the Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type then you may pick any non-Legendary Pokemon with 3 TMs on it.
Second Place Prize:
- If you have any Rented Pokemon you may choose one of these Pokemon to become Owned in addition to any EMs you already have on them.
- If all of your Pokemon are Owned you may claim one Complex-level or lower Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type.
- If you own all the Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type you may claim a Complex-level or lower Pokemon.
Third Place Prize:
- If you have any Rented Pokemon you may choose one of these Pokemon to become Owned in addition to any EMs you already have on them, as long as their lowest-evolved form is Medium-ranked or lower.
- If you have Rented Pokemon but none of their lowest-evolved forms is Medium-ranked or lower, you may choose one Medium-level or lower Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type.
- If all of your Pokemon are Owned you may claim one Medium-level or lower Pokemon of your Gym's (or chosen) type.
Sign Up Form