Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

  1. #1
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,526

    Default Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    Okay, good to see this thing has kept moving along. Thanks to both the battlers and the referees for getting these battles done. We're almost done, just one round to go.

    Our finalists are Pidge, Kai-Mei, and Roulette. This final round will be a Round Robin - i.e., everyone will battle everyone. This will decide the final placings for the tournament. In the very unlikely event that there is a draw, I'll figure something out.

    Finally, this round will last seven days as well. So get out there, do these battles, and referees: don't forget to log in here. If TED refs a battle, link the log in here - I'm too lazy to go make a thread over on PE2K.

    @Pidge vs Roulette: Roulette then Pidge
    @Roulette vs Kai-Mei: Kai-Mei
    @Kai-Mei vs Pidge: Pidge then Pidge
    Last edited by ChainReaction01; 23rd January 2012 at 03:17 AM.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  2. #2
    pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    pikachu in a highchair
    Posts
    3,342

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    Gym Tournament Finals Match
    Fortree Gym Leader Pidge vs Pastoria Gym Leader Roulette

    6v6
    B/W Revolution
    Items On
    No Weather / Default Terrain
    SLP/FRZ/OHKO/EVA Clauses On

    Pidge: Staraptor, Togekiss, Dragonite, Murkrow, Salamence, Xatu
    Roulette: Cloyster, Politoed, Slowbro, Starmie, Rotom-W, Kingdra

    These dice rolls prove that this tournament has always been biased toward OI gyms and Water gyms.

    Roulette: +1, 2.5k
    Pidge: 1.5k
    Me: 3.5k

  3. #3
    pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    pikachu in a highchair
    Posts
    3,342

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    Gym Tournament Finals Match
    Lavaridge Gym Leader Kai-Mei vs Pastoria Gym Leader Roulette

    6v6
    B/W Revolution
    Items On
    No Weather / Default Terrain
    SLP/FRZ/OHKO/EVA Clauses On

    Kai: Rotom-H, Ninetales, Infernape, Blaziken, Volcarona, Chandelure
    Roulette: Swampert, Politoed, Slowbro, Starmie, Rotom-W, Kingdra

    Kai 4 Champ O_O

    Kai: +1, 2.5k
    Roulette: 1.5k
    Me: 3.5k

  4. #4
    a Pidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    babby's first
    Posts
    3,922
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    i think i love kai =3

  5. #5
    Beast Mode!!! WebMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,104
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    Gym Leader Tournament - FINAL ROUND

    AIM
    6v6 BW Revo
    Helds On
    SLP/FRZ/OHKO/Evasion Clauses
    No Weather
    Normal Terrain

    Pidge vs. Kai-Mei
    Xatu, Salamence, Dragonite, Togekiss, Blaziken, Aerodactyl vs. Ninetales, Rotom-H, Infernape, Blaziken, Chandelure, Volcarona

    Pokemon battled


    Pidge wins and gets $2500 + 1 point
    Kai-Mei loses and gets $1500
    I should get $3500 for reffing

    Unpaid tournament wages: $3500
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

    Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

  6. #6
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,526

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    -.- Now you all have to battle AGAIN. Unless someone thinks of a better solution, round is restarted. Another seven days from this post, and GO.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  7. #7
    pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    pikachu in a highchair
    Posts
    3,342

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    -.- Now you all have to battle AGAIN. Unless someone thinks of a better solution, round is restarted. Another seven days from this post, and GO.
    We could have them all battle me?

  8. #8
    TYKG SLCalamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,438
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    I don't know if we could do it for this round because we don't know the amount of Pokémon, we could do it by how much you win, like in football (soccer). So if you won with 4 Pokémon remaining, the winner gets +4 (PD) and the loser gets -4. If there's another draw, the person with the highest PD will win. I think I've made that more complicated than it sounds, but Goal difference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  9. #9
    Beast Mode!!! WebMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,104
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    Gym Leader Tournament - FINAL ROUND

    AIM
    6v6 BW Revo
    Helds On
    SLP/FRZ/OHKO/Evasion Clauses
    No Weather
    Normal Terrain

    Pidge vs. Roulette
    Gliscor, Togekiss, Dragonite, Murkrow, Staraptor, Salamence vs. Milotic, Gyarados, Starmie, Kingdra, Politoed, Rotom-W

    Looks like things worked out better this time


    Pidge wins and gets $2500 +1
    Roulette loses and gets $1500
    I should get $3500 for reffing

    Unpaid tournament wages: $7000
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

    Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

  10. #10
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    Quote Originally Posted by λʇ¡ƜɒɭɒϽГϩ View Post
    I don't know if we could do it for this round because we don't know the amount of Pokémon, we could do it by how much you win, like in football (soccer). So if you won with 4 Pokémon remaining, the winner gets +4 (PD) and the loser gets -4. If there's another draw, the person with the highest PD will win. I think I've made that more complicated than it sounds, but Goal difference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ROUND ONE:

    Pidge: 1
    Kai-Mei: 1
    Roulette: 1 (he got a bye, so thought it was unfair on his behalf, so just evened it up)

    ROUND TWO:

    Kai-Mei: 0
    Pidge: 0
    Roulette: 0 (again, Roulette passed through without a battle, so even stevens.)

    ROUND THREE:

    Pidge: 2
    Kai-Mei: 2
    Roulette: 2 (there was no log, so I'M ASSUMING Chainy withdrew. In which case, let's even things up... again...)

    ROUND FOUR:

    Pidge: 0
    Kai-Mei: 0
    Roulette: 0

    My face when Roulette got to the final and he didn't even battle.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  11. #11
    a Pidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    babby's first
    Posts
    3,922
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    My face when Roulette got to the final and he didn't even battle.
    i think SLC meant only a point system for the final round. also, Roulette battled Chain; the log is on PE2K (reffed by TED).

    i don't like the point system because it promotes risky plays that you otherwise wouldn't do. for example, imagine player 1 has 100% Gyarados out and 100% Togekiss in reserve, while player 2 has just a 1 HP Choice Scarf (for whatever reason) Jolteon. it's also raining. player 1 knows player 2 is locked into Thunder. he can just let his Gyarados die, and then send in Togekiss to finish Jolteon off with Extremespeed. however, if he wanted to get 2 points instead of 1, he could risk switching Togekiss in and risk getting paralyzed and then fully paralyzed trying the Extremespeed (7.5% chance of this happening). another problem is that the order of battles matters and if this example happens to be the very last battle, player 1 knows just exactly how many points he needs to get to win (1 or 2 or more?), which is advantageous to him, while disadvantageous to others who have already completed all of their battles. i guess it wouldn't matter if points acquired were kept private though. another thing about a theoretical point system is that it would discourage certain strategies and moves like the 'suicide lead', Final Gambit, Explosion, etc.

    this probably won't even matter though. i heard a rumor Kai-Mei was forfeiting and one of the battles has already had a different outcome?_?
    Last edited by Pidge; 17th January 2012 at 12:48 PM.

  12. #12
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    i think SLC meant only a point system for the final round. also, Roulette battled Chain; the log is on PE2K (reffed by TED).

    i don't like the point system because it promotes risky plays that you otherwise wouldn't do. for example, imagine player 1 has 100% Gyarados out and 100% Togekiss in reserve, while player 2 has just a 1 HP Choice Scarf (for whatever reason) Jolteon. it's also raining. player 1 knows player 2 is locked into Thunder. he can just let his Gyarados die, and then send in Togekiss to finish Jolteon off with Extremespeed. however, if he wanted to get 2 points instead of 1, he could risk switching Togekiss in and risk getting paralyzed and then fully paralyzed trying the Extremespeed (7.5% chance of this happening). another problem is that the order of battles matters and if this example happens to be the very last battle, player 1 knows just exactly how many points he needs to get to win (1 or 2 or more?), which is advantageous to him, while disadvantageous to others who have already completed all of their battles. i guess it wouldn't matter if points acquired were kept private though. another thing about a theoretical point system is that it would discourage certain strategies and moves like the 'suicide lead', Final Gambit, Explosion, etc.

    this probably won't even matter though. i heard a rumor Kai-Mei was forfeiting and one of the battles has already had a different outcome?_?
    You can hardly promote risky strategies in retrospect, which was SLC's point, considering Chainy asked for alternate solutions. EDIT: Or maybe not, but that's how I took it to mean.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  13. #13
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,526

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    I was asking for alternate solutions, kind of, but they'll only be used if this re-do ends up as a big draw as well.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

  14. #14
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    This is why Round Robin sucks and you should just give byes at the beginning.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  15. #15
    Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,526

    Default Re: Gym Tournament 2011: FINAL Round

    I can't give byes for the first round cos that round has to be equal opportunity, and it looks shifty if there is like five byes in the second round. Better for there to be minimum byes early-on. Besides, I would have bet my Scizor that the last round wouldn't have tied >.>;
    Roulette likes this.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

    "ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •