The Gauntlet - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Gauntlet

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Gauntlet

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Nothing should change.

This is was a No-EM's, No-Pseudolegends tournament. A few people didn't like that. So you cried and had it changed.

This shouldnt be an All-EM's tournament. It shouldnt have pseudolegends allowed. Not for any other reason than THAT'S WHAT THE RULES WERE.

When there's an All-EM's tournament that allowed pseudos, join it. This isn't it.
    Uh...Why? I'm not quite sure I understand. If someone made an event that was approved through mis-communication where you could claim any Complex or lower Pokemon, you could say the same thing:

"This is was a free Complex or lower Pokemon event. A few people didn't like that. So you cried and had it changed to Simple or lower.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST DON'T CLAIM A POKEMON!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    Monbrey here has kindly highlighted how this tournament has been ruined.

The tournament was meant to be for people who are new to the forums, for them to have a fun time. But it has been the veterans that have ruined it for everyone else except for themselves. This selfish action shows us how despite BMG saving this URPG by introducing well over a hundred new members, it appears their opinions mean very little.
    The BMG URPG branch has been up for a while. I fully support BMG-ers, I actually like some of them better than PE2K-ers. This may come to a surprise to you, but I actually defend BMG-ers all the time. Especially when people use the term 'BMG noob'. Anyone remember the first BMG vs PE2K FFA? Yeah, I was in it, and I played for BMG side, whether I could choose or not, and we won, and I love to bring it up when someone complains about 'BMG Noobs' to rub it in the PE2K-ers face. The following thread may or may not show that point as well:

The Money Earning. (Yes, it's going to be debated again)

So don't even start about me not caring about newer members. Your opinions do matter, but sometimes they are misguided.

Imprison - Broken
    New Mart Pokemon Choice
    Wobbuffet broken
    Limitless TM's?

You may agree or disagree with some of the official decisions above, but if you agree to at least one of them, you may see where we are coming from. Just because the masses find something to be okay, doesn't necessarily really mean it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

That said, if you want to have a friendly debate on the matter, my PM box should be open, or you can find me on AIM. I'm open minded. Maybe you could convince me otherwise?

This thread has become a fun ride of interesting discussion and lively debate. Unfortunately, as has been pointed out, the tournament was not approved and so we're going to close sign-ups as is the usual process.

Ace can pitch the tournament again to any URPG Moderator/Official and if they approve it, he can create a new tournament. Similarly, any URPG member can pitch a tournament idea in the same manner and if they're approved, can create a tournament sign-up thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Thread - Locked

Monbrey here has kindly highlighted how this tournament has been ruined.

The tournament was meant to be for people who are new to the forums, for them to have a fun time. But it has been the veterans that have ruined it for everyone else except for themselves. This selfish action shows us how despite BMG saving this URPG by introducing well over a hundred new members, it appears their opinions mean very little.
    Just popping in to say something.

If this tourney was meant for new people, why is everyone allowed then? You even asked me to join.

I find it funny how you are saying "it has been the veterans that have ruined it for everyone else except for themselves" when I don't even know who first proposed the idea. I'm pretty sure almost all of the original Pe2kers had no idea what is going on as well. Just because a few vets have something to say, doesn't mean it represent the entire community. And by saying that we are selfish just because of one or two people is even more offensive and disrespectful. :|

In the first place, this tourney was approved due to miscommunication which I have no idea how it is possible to miscommunicate for two days. Besides that, this is your tourney, which means you shouldn't have changed the entire tourney just because the participants/vets are criticizing it. Topping off, you supposedly co-run this with Crazy, which meant that you should have discussed it with Crazy before changing anything major. But apparently that was not the case.

I really wouldn't have post this since Harry already locked the thread. But your post really pisses me off. :|
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

But it has been the veterans that have ruined it for everyone else except for themselves.
    So every single veteran ruined this tournament. Every single one. Even myself, who wasn't involved with running the tournament? Well I'm sorry that I ruined this for you. If you wanted a tournament where you had no veterans involved why didn't you just find some way to do that? (I'll give you a hint: there is already something in place that veterans cannot participate in)

And I agree with Ataro on everything. Especially about the your post pissing me off part.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456