Pewter Gym Vs Timpeni
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pewter Gym Vs Timpeni

Blog Entries

Default Pewter Gym Vs Timpeni

((You're a Ranger, so I think this'll be fun. I'll start this off.

2Vs2
    Pewter Gym Challenge
    DP Style
    Sandstorm Weather
    Desert Terrain
    Sleep, Freeze, OHKO and Evasion Clauses
    Challenger Sends First))

I stepped onto the field, awaiting my challenger's approach. It had been a while since I had used the stadium for my challenges. It may have been customized perfectly for whatever a Rock Leader like myself could want, but I just felt comfortable in an away match. The sands swirled on the desert battlefield, awaiting a Pokemon to buffet severely. My Gliscor awaited, clinging to a rafter slightly above me. He always liked a good battle, but I wasn't sure if I was going to use him in this challenge. The challenger was supposedly a good up and coming trainer, so I was excited that I would be the first Gym to test him.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Default Re: Pewter Gym Vs Timpeni

"Augh... why did I forget my sand goggles..." I rubbed the sand out of my eyes. The stadium had been custom tailored to suit towards the gym leader. Well, I better not let that bother me on my first Gym battle. I unattached one of the Pokeballs that hung from the necklace I wore. Momo, or Mimi...? Mimi is strong against Pewter Gym's Pokemon, but then, Momo can do status conditions... I just did what I always did when indecisive: throw out a ball at random.

"Hello." I said to the gym leader, getting the sand out of my white top. I seriously had to wash my hair later. At least it was only shoulder length...

"Go!" Out came Momo. Looks like my Togetic was going to fight first. "Use Sweet Kiss on whatever Pokemon he sends out!"

Togetic/M/Hustle
    Last edited by Timpeni; 22nd January 2011 at 08:54 PM.
    URPG Stats
    Rangering: Closed currently
    Story Deals: Closed for now (Open to bribes)

P.S. My story deal load is a lot, so if you bribe me now you have to wait pretty long.

Blog Entries

My challenger entered the field, slightly unhappy about the sandstorm that was raging on the battlefield and throughout most of the stadium. I was fine with my orange Flygon-style goggles. My opponent seemed uncertain as to which Pokemon she should send first.

"Hello," she called out over the raging storm. I gave her a nod as she flung a Pokeball from her necklace.

"Go!" she called out to her newly appeared Togetic. "Use Sweet Kiss on whatever Pokemon he sends out!"

This startled me a little. My opponent didn't need to order a move until she saw which Pokemon I was using, but I would use this turn to my advantage.

"Go, Cradily!" I called, releasing the green plant from its Pokeball. "Use Ancient Power on your foe!"

Cradily used Ancient Power
    No Stat boost
    Togetic used Sweet Kiss
    Hits, Cradily became Confused

Cradily 100% [Con0] vs Togetic 54.57%
    Sandy

Moves?
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

I watched as the large boulders were flung at Momo. He fell, before a stream of red hearts flew from him towards Cradily. When they hit the ancient plant, Cradily immediately became confused. Momo flew again, pleased.

"Sorry I was impatient, Momo. Now, I guess no matter what that Cradily does we're left with one option. Your moves are all weak against it, so let's try your luck: Metronome."
    URPG Stats

P.S. My story deal load is a lot, so if you bribe me now you have to wait pretty long.

Blog Entries

Cradily managed to gather a pile of rocks, imbue them with a strange energy and launch them at the small white bird Pokemon. It hit the ground, hurt, but it was able to pick itself up and hurl a flurry of red hearts at my ancient plant. The attack confused my Pokemon.

"Sorry I was impatient, Momo," my challenger said to her beloved Togetic. "Now, I guess no matter what that Cradily does we're left with one option. Your moves are all weak against it, so let's try your luck: Metronome."

"Uh oh," I said aloud. Metronome was infamous for being the riskiest move a Pokemon could muster. It could summon anything from a tidal wave to an icy blast of wind to a wave of heat. "Cradily, quick use your Stone Edge attack and snap out of it!"

Cradily is Confused...smacks self
    Togetic used Metronome...wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
    Togetic used Rock Wrecker
    Hits

Cradily 73.4% [Con1] vs Togetic 48.4%
    Sandy

Move? (because Toge is recharging)

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

Blog Entries

What happened was quite interesting. My green Pokemon managed to smash itself into the stadium's wall in its confusion. This bought my foe enough time to use its Metronome. The Togetic waggled around a little and then became surrounded by a giant rock.

"Rock Wrecker..." I breathed.

The rock slammed into my Cradily breaking and doing a good amount of damage. The Togetic then fell out of the large rock and collapsed on the sandy floor, recharging the energy it expended.

"Quickly, Cradily!" I called out. "Take advantage of your opponent and Stockpile!"

Cradily is Confused...used Stockpile
    Cradily's Defence and Special Defence rose
    Togetic is Recharging

Cradily 73.4% [Con1, Stk1 {D+1, SD+1}] vs Togetic 42.35%
    Sandy

Moves?

I own the Dewford Gym

Now what? Momo was injured, not to mention severely worned out from Rock Wrencher. Looks like it was time to send Cradily to sleep. If it slept, we could attack it with multiple entertaining ir otherwise crippling Metronomes- that may fire on both sides. I could have used this chance to make the opponent drowsy. But then... the opponent would attack me the next turn it had. This is hard to decide...

"Momo, use Yawn!" I yelled, and the little Pokemon nodded. Pink clouds of hypnotizing fumes emerged from its. Mouth, drifting slowly towards Cradily, despite the strong, whirling Sandstorm. I just hope it won't drift apart in the wind...
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

"Momo, use Yawn!" my opponent called out to her Togetic.

Yawn was one of the more dangerous techniques. The attack would send a cloud of gas that makes the foe fall asleep after a few turns. I had to act quickly.

"Cradily!" I called. "Quickly snap out of your confusion and launch a Stone Edge attack!"

Cradily is Confused...snapped out and used Stone Edge
    Hits, Critical Hit!! KO

Cradily 73.4% [Stk1 {D+1, SD+1}] vs ???
    Sandy

Next?

I own the Dewford Gym

"Dammit!" I yelled as Momo fell. I didn't want to release Mimi, due to her weakness against Cradily, but... there was no other choice. As Momo returned, Mimi came out. "Aurora Beam." I said, and the water dog stood up, shooting a beam of multi-colored ice at Cradily. Both were at a type disadvantage. But Mimi even more...

Vaporeon/F/Water Absorb
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

My opponent cursed as her Togetic fell to a critical smash from the volley of stones that Cradily loosed. She then threw a Pokeball that contained her second Pokemon: a Vaporeon named Mimi.

"Aurora Beam," she called to her newly materialized Pokemon.

I had to do something quickly. The multicolored beam of light would come in contact with my large plant-like beast soon and I had to give it an order.

"Let's try Energy Ball, Cradily!" I called. "See if it'll KO!"

Mimi was sent out

Mimi used Aurora Beam
    No Attack Drop
    Cradily used Energy Ball
    No Special Defence drop

Cradily 59.3% [Stk1 {D+1, SD+1}] vs Mimi 56.46%
    Sandy

Moves?

I own the Dewford Gym

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast