Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Forum FFA Rules and Chat

• 5 Slot
    • 3 Pokemon each
    • Revolution
    • No Items
    • Place your Pokemon in 3 of 5 slots.
    • All 3 Pokemon will be sent out and active at the same time as everyone else's 3 Pokemon.
    • You can change slots. Changing slots is similar to switching Pokemon. You will lose your Substitute, boosts, drops, etc. If your Pokemon are under Perish Song, Leech Seed, Encore, etc. you will probably want to move to get rid of it. Changing slots has the lowest priority. Your Pokemon can only change slots to one adjacent to it, and it must be unoccupied at the time of the changing (you can coordinate it so that one Pokemon takes the slot of another if the faster one moves out of the way first, and then slower one moves there too). Changing slots forgoes that Pokemon's move that turn. You can not move up or down.
    • When a Pokemon targets another, you name the row and the slot number, not the row and Pokemon you want to hit. (for example: Charmander, use Flamethrower on Noobguy's SLOT 3, not Charmander, use Flamethrower on Noobguy's Caterpie)
    • At least one of your Pokemon must attack each turn. This means you should treat as though one of your Pokemon is affected by Taunt (except it can't switch) each turn. When you have one Pokemon left, this rule does not apply to you anymore. Violating this rule will result in the loss of a random Pokemon on your team.
    • A Pokemon can only target another Pokemon in the same SLOT (or column) as it. Otherwise, it will miss. You can target any Pokemon the same SLOT, it doesn't have to be directly above or under you.
    • You have 48 hours to send your moves each turn. Not doing so will result in disqualification.
    • The Pokemon you send must remain in your possession and can not be given away or traded away until you are out. However, you may add moves and place them in the daycare, and even use those newly obtained moves if you desire in the FFA.
    • Intimidate Negated
    • Sleep Clause (one Pokemon per row may be induced to sleep by an opponent at a time)
    • KO-ing a Pokemon will heal 33% to each member of your team as well as healing all major status conditions (Prz, Brn, Psn, Slp, Frz, Con) on your team. Additionally, all your Pokemon gain +1 in a stat of your choosing, signified by your PM you send for that turn.
    • Attacks that hit your own allies as well as the whole opposing team (Earthquake) will target your own allies, as well as one row of your choosing, rather than a single slot. It hits with 75% power (unless 1 Pokemon remains, then it's 100% power, like in double battles). This targeting also applies to Haze and Perish Song.
    • Attacks that hit all enemies, but not your allies, will affect a row of your choosing, rather than a slot. These are moves like Blizzard and Growl (75% rule applies still).
    • Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes affect an entire row of your choosing (it's in the same group as Blizzard and Growl anyway).
    • list of moves that affect more than one Pokemon: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Double_battles
    • OHKO moves disallowed. Evasion moves disallowed. These can still happen due to Metronome or moves like Acupressure.
    • U-turn and Baton Pass only work if you target one of your own SLOTS and there is a Pokemon in that slot at the time of execution. Baton Pass will remove anything that a switch does for the recipient, but the recipient will receive the user's Baton Pass-able conditions. The user itself will lose anything that a switch normally does for the user.
    • You can target your own Pokemon, but it doesn't count towards the rule that you must attack at least once person turn.
    • Imprison is allowed, but affects only a single row/player of your choice.
    • Weather and Trick Room affect everyone, every column/SLOT.
    • Mud Sport and Water Sport affect everyone, every column/SLOT.
    • Snatch takes the first feasible move in the column of the user.
    • Outrage and other moves that target randomly hit any Pokemon in the same column randomly.
    • Roar/Whirlwind randomly swaps a Pokemon's position with another Pokemon in the same row.
    • Pokemon may be forced to move SLOTS without losing any of their boosts/drops/other things in order to prevent stalemates as the ref sees fit. Columns may disappear as this happens.
    • Each row will have the player's name attached. I've decided to include this because when you battle someone, the game reads: JOHN AND KATE would like to battle. Also, it's easier to ref. Additionally, coordinating teams becomes easier. Lies and deception are encouraged?!

You only need to use Bulbagarden's Forums's PM system.

How do you enter? PM me the following.

Choose three of the following slots to start out in, and type the Pokemon and Ability in it, gender will be in your stats if anyone needs to look it up.
    SLOT 1:
    SLOT 2:
    SLOT 3:
    SLOT 4:
    SLOT 5:

Link to stats:
    Other: (insert questions, comments, whatever)

How do you submit your moves? All you do is PM me. If you send multiple PMs, only the latest set of moves before the deadline will be accepted.

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur, use Growth on yourself
    Charmander: Charmander, use Flamethrower on Player 4's SLOT 3
    Squirtle: Squirtle, move one slot right
    Boost: if you KO a Pokemon, the rules say all your Pokemon heal 33%, are cured of any status condition, and all your Pokemon get +1 in a stat, put the stat you want here, even if you don't think you will KO anything that turn (put Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef, Spe, or Acc)
    Other: (insert questions, comments, concerns, etc.)

----

People Entered (42):
    • ~Near (near death experience, or just death experience)
    • Ash K. (Gary was here, Ash is a dead man)
    • Banditos (this FFA ain't big enough for you and 39 other people)
    • Magikchicken (witchcraft! burn him at the stake!)
    • Monbrey (127 hours)
    • -Pichu Boy- (no one under 18 allowed)
    • Buzzer (vuvuzela STRIKE)
    • sec (tick tock boom)
    • Natorei (doesn't have a reliable recovery move)
    • Ebail (gewd always triumphs)
    • GliscorMan (why so serious?)
    • Black_Cat320 (literally has luck so bad it is fatal)
    • ChainReaction01 (goes back in time and steps on a blade of grass that a rabbit can't eat and makes it starve so a bear or w/e can't eat it so his forefather starves and then he was never born!)
    • Legendary Master (excuse me, my name is Kyogre and you aren't my master *WATER BOOM ATTACK*)
    • Thunder410 (struck down from above, and a little below too)
    • AceTrainer14 (gonna fail in more than 14 ways)
    • DancingDodo (serious football injury leaves this player into more than one piece)
    • Coasting Wingull (DO NOT FEED THE BIRDS: starvation)
    • Haze (can't see shit bro, oops fell down cliff)
    • WinterVines (strangulation in the extreme cold just makes suffocation much easier)
    • pman (a nuclear explosion leaves this student forever gone)
    • JokesterJesse (will tell a joke so funny even he himself can not stop laughing, that means you die)
    • Noble One (his daring heroism will be borderline suicidal, who am I kidding, they are suicidal)
    • Kai-Mei (my extensive research has discovered that Kai is a large body of water, too bad many sponges will be attending this event, EHEHEHEHE)
    • Eraizaa-Kun (will be painted with over 2932 layers, and that's deadly)
    • HKim (not much is known about this species, but when it is rumored that when you do, it disappears forever)
    • Marshy (you can't eat over 100 marshmallows without them expanding in your stomach and making you blow up)
    • Xali (will be deported to the middle of nowhere and die)
    • The Laughing Man/rockman (will ironically get stoned to death)
    • DrStubbsberg (there will be no cure for the disease he will be infected with)
    • Scourge of Nemo (there will be something fishy about this person's defeat)
    • Bumblebee ( >>his face when his bike turns out to be a decepticon that crushes him)
    • mubz (idk what a mubz is but it's probably like mud and Play-Doh, so he will drown in it)
    • Ataro (OVERLOAD ATAROBOT WILL NOw SELF-DESTRUCT )
    • Spiderc (lol my silk web is broken, i guess starve to death durr)
    • Synthesis (pretty fucked at night time)
    • TheEvilDookie (PM me to be flushed)
    • Zeferin (gonna get blown away???)
    • derian (truth or derian? truth: you die, dare: you die)
    • We Tastes Pies... (even the ones with bombs in them)
    • Siless (is golden, and if you're encased in gold you can't do anything)
    • Hide in Plain Sight (you can't hide from nuclear warheads)

Ask any questions in this thread as well. Placed in URPG General for publicity. Can be moved eventually.

You have 1 week to sign up. From there, you will have 48 hours each turn to send moves.
    Last edited by Pidge; 21st November 2010 at 01:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Forum FFA Sign Ups

What happens if I had already sent you the Sign Up through the google thing you had up earlier? Would you still like me to send the PM?

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Should this be posted on Pe2k? If so, would Pe2k people without BMG accounts then need to sign up on BMG in order to participate?
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

Master of Hats and Ponies Lord Fedora's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pidge is the ref and he's banned on PE2K for pissing the admin off somehow that I was never clear on. Hence it can't go on PE2K. It's fine though, since most PE2K folks have BMG accounts anyway since this is where most of the stuff goes on lately.

I'll send in my app soon.

Blog Entries

Should we post here when we send? Also, will this be a chat thread for later on during the FFa?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    What happens if I had already sent you the Sign Up through the google thing you had up earlier? Would you still like me to send the PM?
    Yes. That thing didn't count for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
    Should this be posted on Pe2k? If so, would Pe2k people without BMG accounts then need to sign up on BMG in order to participate?
    There can be some kind of thread telling people this is going on BMG. They can then sign up here and enter if they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
    Pidge is the ref and he's banned on PE2K for pissing the admin off somehow that I was never clear on. Hence it can't go on PE2K. It's fine though, since most PE2K folks have BMG accounts anyway since this is where most of the stuff goes on lately.

I'll send in my app soon.
    Yes, since I'm banned there, it would be difficult reffing for them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Should we post here when we send? Also, will this be a chat thread for later on during the FFa?
    You don't have to post anything, you can just PM me your mons. And yes, this could be a chat for the FFA while the other thread is just stats. Good suggestion.

Nice concept, Pidge. It's cool :P

I'll send my PM soon.

"lets get chesnaughty" Nitro 12:52 am
    nuts in my mouf

Hannah Warder 7:50 pm
    fd is a beautiful chocolate man

This might sound stupid and unneccessary, but im assuming in the example it was a mistake when Napes NP boost disappeared?
    URPG Stats

Airik 7:42 pm
    i just hope that when puberty hits he grows out of pokemon

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Note, I've changed that if you KO a Pokemon, you get to choose what stat you gain. You choose by sending it with your moves for that turn. See the example of sending your moves if you're a bit confused.
    Last edited by Pidge; 13th November 2010 at 06:05 PM.

Blog Entries

So when does this officially start?
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa

Insanity is normal, whats weird is those who are still sane
    White FC: 1162 9053 3913 Black FC: 2150 7869 1755

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mubz View Post
    This might sound stupid and unneccessary, but im assuming in the example it was a mistake when Napes NP boost disappeared?
    They are not continuing from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Cat320 View Post
    So when does this officially start?
    It's in the post.

Blog Entries

If a mon is in the Day Care then will it just skip that turn or will it be able to send in a move like normal?
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa

Insanity is normal, whats weird is those who are still sane
    White FC: 1162 9053 3913 Black FC: 2150 7869 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Cat320 View Post
    If a mon is in the Day Care then will it just skip that turn or will it be able to send in a move like normal?
    Send in a move like normal iirc, since Forum FFAs take a good amount of time to finish, that is unless Pidge is doing something different.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
    Send in a move like normal iirc, since Forum FFAs take a good amount of time to finish
    Yeah, that.

Blog Entries

will there be a holiday mode style thing for this where you can give general orders for the next few turns or have your mons do nothing till you get back or something along those lines?
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast