Individual RP: WinterVines - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Individual RP: WinterVines

Default Re: Individual RP: WinterVines

TP#8

Elena was focused on what Flygon was doing when there was a fuzzy pressure on the back of her mind. Then, she heard a voice.

“Elena, Elena? Can you hear me? No need to panic; this is River Tam speaking, since the doofus over there is now asleep. I figure we can just carry on the run, and I will drag him around with Psychic. Okay?”

The Trainer looked back at Buzz, and sure enough he was dozing in place. Elena had worried for a second, but the pressure on her mind was a little like Horus's back home. It was even the same feeling, seeing how they were in the same species chain. She nodded towards the bird.

“Okay. I'm sure you know what you're doing.”

She turned her attention back to her dragon just as he whipped up his own sandstorm. For a second she thought it was just going to be absorbed by the Hippo's, but after gaining momentum the whole thing started swirling in the opposite direction. Then, Flygon released his dragon fire, and it weaved into the sandstorm.

She shivered involuntarily, rubbing at her left arm. His fire was different she kept telling herself, but she couldn't deny it was starting to bother her, even though he hadn't used it that much. She could still smell the smoke and feel the weight of that beam on her...Not here, she firmly told herself. She wouldn't do this at the Park. It wasn't even the same thing.

But fire was still fire. She understood that too well.

She was brought back to the battle as the Hippopotas slammed its feet into the ground to make a bunch of rocks come loose. They hurtled towards Flygon, and the rock pillars surrounded him, trapping him and slowing him down a little. Part of him was okay, probably due to his ability to levitate, but they were going to have to get him out of that.

The fiery sandstorm struck the Hippo next, and she seemed to be struggling to move. Elena also saw that her eyes were still glazed. Maybe this was the time to try to capture, now that it was worn out a little and a little hazy. But first she was going to help Flygon.

“Wow, nice work, Elena. You are cleverer than the idiot that I got stuck with.”

Elena beamed internally at River's praise. She hadn't had a lot of it growing up, and now she wasn't about to let anyone down.

“Great work, Flygon,” she called. “Let's free you from that Rock Tomb. It's a good thing you can do a lot of moves without contact. It's time to use your Earth Power!” Flygon cried out and set to work, already ahead on gathering energy for it.

“Use the ground to break those rocks around you, and if you can get free, send some of that Hippo's way! If you can shift the ground enough, we might be able to confine it to a smaller space. Let's sink in the ground around it.”

Flygon nodded, buzzing his trapezoid wings rapidly as the earth churned below him. Usually he was able to sink in the ground or make it pop upwards in pillars. If the dragon could create a hole for the Hippo, it would make a great target area for her to throw. It might even jostle her to wear her out further.

The only worry was that if the Hippo dug into the ground and avoided it. While Flygon could give chase underground, she didn't like him being out of sight and maybe vulnerable. She was going to try and time the ball right before something like that could happen.

The ground shifted, and she pulled out another Parkball from her vest pocket. She expanded it and waited for Flygon to finish, then tossed it hard. Hopefully the Hippo would be too distracted.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

NBP4

Buzz continued to snooze on the hard rocky path; River amused herself by psychically making his legs dance in his sleep.

Meanwhile, Elena was still locked in battle with the Hippopotas. The Flygon concentrated and cracks began to form in the floor, a golden energy shone as the earth crashed into the entombing rocks.

The shattered remains of the Rock Tomb flew in all directions smashing into the Hoppopotas. River scanned the Hippo's mind, it was a blur of thoughts and memories. An image of a Hippowdon disappearing into a sandstorm, River's heart dropped as the image flooded her mind. Meanwhile the Hippoportas in the flood of emotion stumbled as it went to attack.

River pulled herself out of the Hippopotas' mind as Elena threw a Park Ball; the Ground type was pulled into a glare of red energy.

"Hey; nice work, Elena, you got yourself a Hippopotas, but I scanned its mind and it looks like it lost its Mother years ago; make sure to take good care of it," River said to Elena as she lifted the Park Ball from the ground and slotted it into Buzz's bag that was sprawled by his slumbering body. "Well lets keep on moving shall we?"

---

Battle Stats:
    [SANDSTORM]

Sarcastic / M / Buzz - 100% [Fast Asleep]

Trainer Information: Elena/WinterVines
    Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Type (Fire) Repellent[ACTIVE], Hyperball, Superball x2, Parkball x1
    Encounters Remaining: 13
    Pokémon Encountered: Diglett, Hippopotas,
    Pokémon Caught: Timid/M/Diglett, Naive/F/Hippopotas
    MCR:

Team Stats
    Pokemon: Persian - 89%
    Nickname: Koko
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Hardy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: U-turn, Water Pulse, Icy Wind, Psych Up, Protect, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Flying

Pokemon: Flygon - 82%
    Nickname: None
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: U-turn, Stone Edge, Roost, Aerial Ace

Pokemon: Swampert
    Nickname: Fred
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Relaxed
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Strength, Stealth Rock, Brick Break, Roar
    Last edited by Buzzer; 3rd March 2011 at 11:18 AM.

TP#9

Flygon performed the Earth Power beautifully. A golden glow accompanied the shifting of the earth, and the Rock Tomb around the dragon shattered as the two impacted. Pieces went flying towards the Hippo. Elena threw her park ball then and held her breath as it bounced off the Pokémon and sucked it up in a beam of red energy. It didn't break out. She let out a sigh of relief.

“Nice work, Elena. You got yourself a Hippopotas,” River said in her mind. “But I scanned its mind and it looks like it lost its Mother years ago; make sure to take good care of it.”

Elena was a little quiet as she watched River float the Parkball from the ground into Buzz's bag for safe keeping. She knew what it was like to not have a family. She hadn't had one in years. Instead, her Pokémon took up that gap, and she had never regretted that choice. She always loved to have new members of her family. She swore she would take care of her. “I promise,” she whispered.

She shook her head a little then, putting a smile back on her face. She beamed at Flygon. “Great job! You were wonderful!”

The dragon buzzed happily, flying up to her to be stroked behind his antennas. He then flew over to Fred to chatter, who just smiled back at him serenely. Elena just laughed. The Swampert had been so quiet the whole match. He wasn't fussed about anything. In fact, he never really cared if he didn't get to battle either. Him being so at peace calmed her down sometimes.

“Well lets keep moving on, shall we?” River said, and Elena nodded.

“Alright guys, there's still plenty of this mountain to see. River's going to be taking us until Buzz wakes up.”
    URPG Stats

NBP5

With a blast of psychic energy, River lifted Buzz and his bag into the air. He was surrounded by a pink aura as he hovered fast asleep. “Alright guys, there's still plenty of this mountain to see. River's going to be taking us until Buzz wakes up," Elena said to her Pokémon.

River flew up into the air, and headed up the path. The limp body of Buzz floated a few metres behind; River glanced back and a smile crept across her beak.

"Heh, you think he is ok?" River asked Elena.

Meanwhile, a rustling from a nearby small bush alerted River, her head flicked to the bush as a small orange Pokémon with large jaws crawled out. "A Trapinch, I guess it sensed its evolution nearby. Any interest in battling a Trapinch?"

---

Battle Stats:
    ?/?/Trapinch - 100%
    [SANDSTORM]

Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Type (Fire) Repellent[ACTIVE], Hyperball, Superball x2, Parkball x1
    Encounters Remaining: 12
    Pokémon Encountered: Diglett, Hippopotas, Trapinch
    MCR: 1632/9000

Team Stats
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: U-turn, Water Pulse, Icy Wind, Psych Up, Protect, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Flying

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Strength, Stealth Rock, Brick Break, Roar

TP#10

River Tam flew up into the air to continue on, and Buzz's body floated a few meters behind her. The Ranger still wouldn't wake, despite the weaving he was doing through the air. Elena wondered if the Xatu was really paying attention to him or if she'd let him run into rock or some other obstacle.

“Heh, you think he is okay?” River asked.

Elena nodded reassuringly. He looked fine. It was interesting though, for all the bickering and snarky remarks she had about him, she still seemed like she cared. Funny how that worked out.

A rustling in the bushes made River flick her head towards the sound, and then a small orange Pokémon with large jaws crawled out. She instantly recognized the most basic form of her dragon.

“A Trapinch. I guess it sensed its evolution nearby. Any interest in battling a Trapinch?”

Elena shook her head, smiling at the sand Pokémon. “I think we'll leave this one alone. Hopefully it will let us pass without trouble. If not, I heard you guys have some doll things that distract wild Pokémon right? If we can't just leave I'd like to use one of those.”

While she'd normally like to stay and visit the other Pokémon, she didn't want to be away from the mainland for so long. Recently, some troubling things had been happening unexpectedly. She and her friends were working to counter a couple groups that were up to something big, and confrontations seemed to come up suddenly all the time. There wasn't really a good time to do anything really, but she had wanted to come to the Park anyway. She might as well try. Worse case scenario she would just have to leave early and come back another time.

Flygon happily watched the Pokémon from his family line as she waited for River to lead them on.
    URPG Stats

NBP6

Elena shook her head, smiling at the sand Pokémon. “I think we'll leave this one alone. Hopefully it will let us pass without trouble. If not, I heard you guys have some doll things that distract wild Pokémon right? If we can't just leave I'd like to use one of those.”

"I think it won't be bothering us," River said with a glimmer in her eye. She proceeded to delve into the Trapinch's mind flooding it with images of its home under attack. "Well it thinks its home is under attack so that should distract it for long enough for us to wander on."

Buzz let out a loud snore as he rolled in his imaginary bed. "EW, you are so lucky you don't have to hear what he is thinking," River shuddered. River looked back to where the Trapinch had emerged from, but it was nowhere to be seen, her plan had worked.

River flew on ahead as the group walked up the mountain; all except Buzz, who was still being dragged telekinetically along. There was a loud crash as from up ahead a huge goliath like Pokémon was ramming its head hard up against the the Mountain side. Its horned, steel plated head caused tremors as the impact created cracks that weaved there way up the mountain. The crash echoed through the path, curiously Buzz still didn't wake up.

"Wow; that idiot sure can sleep, but when it comes to tactfulness around attractive women. Aggron are a pretty rare Pokémon; now you could battle it, but there are other ways to go around it. If you have a camera, our Warden pays for prime pictures of the more exclusive Pokémon that trainers find. Or we could just leave,"

---

Battle Stats:
    ?/?/Aggron - 100%

[CLEAR SKIES]

Encounters Remaining: 11
    Pokémon Encountered: Diglett, Hippopotas, Trapinch, Aggron
    MCR: 0/35000

Team Stats

Last edited by Buzzer; 4th March 2011 at 09:36 PM.

TP#11

River said the Trapinch wouldn't be attacking them, and she was true to her word. The small Pokémon scuttled off, and they continued on their way.

Buzz let out a snore and rolled over in midair, like he was sleeping in an imaginary bed. [i]“Ew, you are so lucky you don't have to hear what he is thinking,” River said, shuddering. Elena just laughed, imagining he was seeing something like busty secretaries with pretty blonde hair and high heels.

Then, there was a loud crash, and a huge gray Pokémon appeared, ramming into the side of the mountain. It had a thick steel plated head with horns and an armor-like dark body. He was so strong that cracks weaved up the mountain side from his impacts.

River asked her what she would like to do, and mentions of the camera made a metaphorical light bulb appear over her head. She rummaged around in her bag for the device, pulling out a camera that Glenne had made her get. She had been told to take pictures of any rare and powerful Pokémon to show the rest of them. This one was really cool because the rock collector had a Larion, one of its preevolutions.

“Oh yeah, I promised the others that I would take some awesome pictures if I could. This one looks pretty neat.”

She rose the camera up and aimed, thinking that the falling dust and rocks looked really cool around the Aggron, like it had a dust cloak. She would have to remember to get another copy.
    URPG Stats

NBP7

“Oh yeah, I promised the others that I would take some awesome pictures if I could. This one looks pretty neat.”

She rose the camera up and aimed, thinking that the falling dust and rocks looked really cool around the Aggron, like it had a dust cloak. As the camera flashed the Aggron glanced around and charged towards the group. Buzz rolled over and finally opened his eyes with a smirk. His eyes shot wide open as he spotted the oncoming Aggron.

"River, Teleport!" Buzz yelled.

"So you finally wake up and think you have right to tell me what to do?" River replied lazily, but she complied non the less quickly teleporting the group out of the path of the charging Aggron. Buzz was released from the psychic attack and thudded to the floor.

"So how long was I out, and weren't you battling a Hippopotas?" Buzz asked Elena as he pulled himself to his feet. Buzz shook his head as he waited for the answers.

Once he was all caught up on the events, they set off further up the path, River had teleported the group to a short way up the mountain side. Buzz looked around the mountain path staring around. A rock rolled out into the path. The rock unfurled two arms and revealed a face.

"Well looks like we can get moving again, want to battle a Geodude, Elena?" Buzz asked.

---

Battle Stats:
    ?/?/Geodude - 100%

[CLEAR SKIES]

Encounters Remaining: 10
    Pokémon Encountered: Diglett, Hippopotas, Trapinch, Aggron, Geodude
    MCR: 0

Team Stats

TP#12

The picture flashed, and then the Aggron, seeing what the source of it was, chose to charge. At the last second, Buzz actually woke up, shouting, “River, teleport!” The bird rolled her eyes but complied with the request, engulfing them in a flash of light as she moved them out of harms way. The wild Pokémon kept charging, leaving them in peace.

Abruptly, River cut off her Psychic that was holding Buzz up, and he went crashing to the ground in a puff of dust. He got up, rubbing his head and looking around. “So how long was I out, and weren't you battling a Hippopotas?”

Elena nodded. “I caught the Hippopotas,” she said, waving towards his bag where River had put the ball. “You only missed a couple of Pokémon, but River guided us through just fine.”

He nodded and started to lead them up the path again. Then, a rock rolled into their way. Two arms uncurled from the sides and it opened its eyes to reveal a face. “Want to battle a Geodude, Elena?” he asked.

She thought about it for a moment, and she was about to answer when her phone rang. She rummaged through her bag and found the device, looking apologetically over to Buzz as she took the call. She saw Glenne's number on it.

“What's up?” she answered.

“I know you're at the Park, but we had some trouble in Ecruteak. Someone was hunting Kyra and Damian had to intervene. We can't find her.”

Elena bit her lip. It was this kind of trouble that she worried about when away from the mainland. “Alright, I'll be there soon.”

“I'm really sorry. We even waited to call you, but...”

“No, it's okay. If we don't work together they're going to win.” She hung up and turned back towards Buzz, rubbing her arm in a subconscious gesture. “I'm sorry, Buzz, but I have to get back to the mainland as soon as possible. If it's okay, I'd like to take Diglett and Hippopotas with me and leave early.” She knew it was recommended to stay for the whole trip, but it was an emergency. “You guys were great, and as soon as I can, I'll definitely be back. Thank you!”
    URPG Stats

NBP8

Elena was about to answer whether she wanted to battle the Geodude, when her phone rang in her pocket. She had a brief conversation on the phone, and began to sound increasingly worried.

“I'm sorry, Buzz, but I have to get back to the mainland as soon as possible. If it's okay, I'd like to take Diglett and Hippopotas with me and leave early.”

"Oh right, no that is absolutely your decision," Buzz replied. He turned to River. "Hey, get us back to headquaters. Ok, River?"

In her signature flash they were back at the Ranger headquaters. After signing all the necessary forms, Buzz handed over the two Poké Balls, containing Diglett and Hippopotas. He also exchanged the money for the photo of the Aggron.

"I hope to see you again soon, I would be honoured to take you around the park again, Elena," Buzz smiled.
    -----------------

RUN ENDED BY TRAINER REQUEST

Item's retained: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball, Superball x2, Parkball x1
    Photos: Aggron (Rare)

---------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12