Individual RP: WinterVines [Endurance Run] - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Individual RP: WinterVines [Endurance Run]

Default Re: Individual RP: WinterVines [Endurance Run]

@MuddyMudkip; I'm going to go broke at this rate D: 11,900 – 500 = 11,400

TP#8

The group tried to turn so they could leave, but the leader of the small pack of electrical balls rolled around them and blocked their way. Ivy didn't really like his expression. She was worried about him blowing up, and that might cause a chain reaction of them since there were a ton of the time bombs in the room. And they were caught between them.

Thinking better than to risk it, Ivy placed a doll from her inside pocket very carefully on top of the Electrode's head. She moved slowly but steadily so that she didn't jar him at all. Sometimes sudden motions triggered them too. Thankfully, he seemed to like it. His eyes curved up happily, and as he rolled away with the doll, he dropped an Apricorn. It was almost like a vending machine.

Elisa caught it. It was another white one. Ivy was going to have to look up what types she needed to start crafting. She wasn't sure what type the white ones went into. “Well, here's another one to add to the collection!” Elisa said.

The big Pokeball-like Pokemon rolled away to show off the Clefairy-shaped doll to his friends, so they headed for the door again. However, another Electrode rolled away from the group over to them. This one looked a little more friendly than the last one, but Ivy's hair was still standing on edge. It didn't matter how docile they looked; they could flip like a switch.

The funny thing was that it was looking toward her vest pockets, where she had withdrawn one of the dolls. Ivy rose her eyebrow at it.

“I don't think you would've changed your mind in a matter of moments, so I'm guessing we try to run from this one too?” the Ranger asked.

Ivy nodded. “You got it.” Then, she addressed the Electric-type. “I don't have too many of these,” she said, gesturing to her pocket. “I think it would be better for everyone to share, don't you think?”
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

@WinterVines;

OOC: it's like paying for the apricorns (bad joke, sorry) Anyways, let's see something interesting happen... Well, actually, it's not really the best of 'mons, but its behavior/nature/abilities creates a decent-ish plot twist of sorts (compared to the marts that have been thrown your way) xD

NBP#6

The Elite Ranger tried to coax this second Ball Pokemon to share with the other one's pink toy. Unfortunately, her pleas were to no avail. The Electric-type's steady gaze didn't soften one bit, dead set on getting a doll of its own. In fact, it wanted the plush toy so much, it even dropped an Apricorn to do some persuading of its own.

Sighing, Ivy pulled another Pokedoll out of her vest pocket as I picked up the black object. I could see she felt as though her escape items were being wasted - and in truth, they were only usually needed for emergencies (say, a really tough and stubborn wild creature who would rather fight than let us slip away), so I could completely understand her reluctance. However, it seemed a less dangerous option to hand over the doll rather than risk having the Electrode explode while we were in the vicinity.

Upon receiving the plush toy, the upside-down Pokeball's face broke into a large grin, evidently satisfied as it bobbed off to join the rest of its comrades. I let out a shaky sigh of relief, feeling my nerves relax again - good thing that's done and taken care of. We exited the room, making sure to close it tightly shut before we moved on.

The next encounter came with even more trouble - and by the time we'd come face-to-face with it, I thought it safe to say we kindof wished we hadn't. We were walking through another hallway that was much like the rest - nothing too significant about it. I was just about to check on another room, hoping we'd find something of interest there - when a thick spew of gas suddenly filled the air around us. There was something different about this compared to Candle's Haze and Clear Smog moves; it was neither a dark black or clear white color - instead it was a hazardous shade of purple. And that, I believed meant it was filled with toxic.

My eyes started to blur with tears as the chemicals stung them. I covered my face best I could, and I hoped Ivy had done the same. I couldn't really see much now - my vision streaked with salty liquid and purple spots. I didn't feel poisoned or overly-sick; no wave of nausea washed over me; and dizziness didn't occur either, soI figured the vapor wasn't as toxic as I had originally suspected - hazardous enough to cause sniffles and tears, but not poisoning.

The entity-to-blame came about a few moments later, still jetting out even more purple mist, rounding the corner as if without a care in the world. It was another round, limbless Pokemon - and another one known to be capable of self-explosion. I tried to blink the tears out of my eyes to get a clearer view of the creature, as it was only appearing as a hazy blur of purple mass to me. I managed to focus on it long enough to notice that it sported several crater-like protrusions all over its body, and some sort of crossbones mark could be seen on its blissful, nonchalant face.

"Would... you like a Koffing?" I managed to cough out my question, the effects of the gas still taking its toll on me. Do stop, I pleaded in my head as I gazed up at the Poison Gas Pokemon with a pained, imploring expression on my face, as if willing it to understand the message I was trying to convey.

Trainer Statistics:
    Name: Ivy Frost

Encounters Left: 15 [Endurance Run]
    Area Effects: foggy due to Haze
    Pokemon Encountered: Electrike (F, Hasty)|Zubat (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)
    Current Encounter: Koffing (?, ???)
    Pokemon Captured: Electrike (F, Hasty)

Total Items: Three Parkballs|Two Superballs|Two Hyperballs|Five Super Potions|Two Full Heals|Two Max Revives|Two Red Apricorns|One Blue Apricorn|Digital Camera|Apricorn Box|Two White Apricorns|One Black Apricorn
    MCR: 0/9000 [Uncommon]

Pokemon Stats

Haji the Espeon (M) - 100%
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    Nature: Calm
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power [Fire]|Grass Knot|Shadow Ball|Skill Swap|Sunny Day|Calm Mind|Reflect|Light Screen|Substitute|Protect|Psyshock|Heal Bell|Stored Power|Signal Beam|Growth|Trick|Wish|Yawn

Candle the Chandelure (F) - 83%
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Flame Charge|Calm Mind|Hidden Power [Electric]|Flamethrower|Energy Ball|Taunt|Protect|Psychic|Substitute|Psych Up|Fire Blast|Toxic|Trick Room|Clear Smog|Acid Armor|Haze|Dark Pulse|Trick

Vergil the Gallade (M) - 100%
    Ability: Steadfast
    Nature: Hardy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Will-O-Wisp|Thunder Wave|Drain Punch|Bulldoze|Shadow Sneak|Ice Punch|Fire Punch
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

@MuddyMudkip; You're right! At least I got a few Apricorns. Let's make Koffing M. 12,400 – 500 = 11,900 for last doll.

TP#9

The Electroke stubbornly shook its head and nudged its body forward, like he was insisting or begging. It even dropped a black-colored Apricorn as a bribe. Ivy sighed. She didn't want to make it upset since the others were so near. She pulled out another doll and handed it over. It was better than it exploding on them, and besides, she would rather appease wild Pokemon than hurt them in a battle, particularly because of her Ranger status. Some Pokemon were just more stubborn that others.

The Electrode's grin grew wider and it wheeled off back to the group, content to show off its new toy just like the other one. Hopefully that would keep the entire troupe happy for a while. It allowed them to escape, and Elisa shut the door to the room behind them so that they wouldn't be followed.

Their good fortune didn't last very long, however. The hallway they traveled suddenly became cloaked in a smog, and it wasn't like what Candle used earlier. Ivy coughed a little and put her arm up to cover her nose and mouth. She saw Vergil's look of disgust too, and Haji wasn't showing anything, but she could feel through their connection that it wasn't pleasant.

Ivy tried to take as shallow of breaths as she could, recognizing the purple-tinted air as a type of poison. There were a lot of Poison-types here in the Power Plant. It burned her nose even through her shirt cover, and her eyes were starting to water.

Soon the creature responsible floated into fiew. It was sphereical in shape, with miniature volcano-shaped bumps on its body. A peaceful smile was stretched across his purple body, marking his Poison-type. There was a skull and cross bones on the lower half as well, announcing hazard to everyone that understood it.

“Would... you like a Koffing?” Elisa managed to choke out. The smog was probably bothering her too.

The problem was that she did see a request for a Koffing. They were dangerous to battle, though. Just like the Electrode, they tended to explode. Instead of being fast, they radiated toxin gasses, which was just as bad as potentially getting paralyzed by electricity.

“Yeah, I think I saw someone looking for one of these back at the outpost request board. Now, as for how to do this...”

If she wanted to fight, the smart thing would be to clear up this smog. The problem was that Candle had just fought, and she was probably the only one that had a technique that could help with that. Besides, a lot of poisonous attacks were flammable, and she didn't want to set fire to the air and possibly provoke the Koffing to explode on them. If he didn't quit the smog himself, they were going to have to suffer through it. That meant making the battle quick.

Vergil was out, then. He liked to fight, and sometimes the longer, the better. Koffing had thicker skin that took physical hits really well too, which were the bulk of the Gallade's techniques. Floating above the ground even made him immune to a lot of standard Ground-type attacks too. That meant Haji would have to battle if they were going to capture this Pokemon.

“I will fight,” he responded to the comments in her mind. He was the best suited for this, since he had a lot of mental-based abilities.

“Alright,” Ivy said, before taking a second to cough to clear her lungs. “Haji, starting focusing on a Future Sight attack. If we're not able to clear up this fog, that should help you either launch an attack or try to stay out of the way of one. In the mean time, let's set up a Sunny Day. A little light and heat will either help thin the fog or make it more flammable.”

The purple cat nodded, and his eyes went ablaze in a wash of hazy blue. Haji's mental techniques were immense, especially those that shared his psychic typing. Future Sight could do a lot of things in that it helped the user see what was coming next, although sometimes that wasn't very far in advance. Most Pokemon used it to help locate a good time to attack with the mental vibes but others used them to dodge potentially harmful attacks. She was going to let Haji pick out what worked best for him. He preferred dodging and attacking from a distance over anything else.

She was also hoping that Sunny Day would clear up their little problem. The hallway wasn't too broad, so the fake sun's rays would hopefully thin out the smoke a little. The problem with it was that it was an orb of fire-based energy, which meant it was warm. She didn't want to make this small area flammable either. Haji's Hidden Power would probably be out, since it was Fire-typed. If she remembered correctly, wasn't Koffing also able to learn some fire attacks?

“Haji, he's a little close,” she said then, getting worried about the ominious ball of gas floating so near them. “If you've got time, shoot off a Swift attack to try and get him to back up. We need some space to work.”

Swift was a weaker energy attack that was patterned in stars. It was known for its accuracy. She was hoping that the Koffing would see the ninja stars coming toward him and try to get out of the way, effectivley moving him. She didn't really mind if it damaged him much at all. She would have an opportunity to hit hard later. She just needed to see what he was going to do first.
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

@WinterVines;

BP#1

"Yeah, I think I saw someone looking for one of these back at the outpost request board," Ivy replied. She seemed to weigh down her options for a few moments before finally settling on Haji, who nodded in agreement as she gave out her first command.

His eyes began to shimmer in a bright blue hue as he trailed the wild creature's every movement. He could sense the opponent perfectly now, feeling his presence as he hovered around the hallway, moving closer and closer to us as more hazardous gases filled the air. The Espeon's eyes were calculating but calm, alert and aware of every single detail...

While his eyes continued to glow, he set aside some of his energy to generate a fiery reddish-orang gas ball in front of his nuzzle. This orb continued to grow bigger and brighter, and seemed to be made out of waves of molten lava slushing against each other, heat radiating off its surface. Then, using his Psychic abilities, he lifted the kindling sphere up until it was just a few inches away from the ceiling. From there, the make-shift sun forced itself to stay air-born, shining rays of light and warmth streaming down on the battlefield. The strong sunshine seemed to burn holes into the purple layers, effectively thinning them; the atmosphere was starting to grow cleaner, the stinging sensation in my eyes slowly fading away.

The Elite Ranger seemed worried about how close the Poison Gas Pokemon was to us, and called out to her Psychic-type to try to use Swift to force him to back down. I thought this was a good idea - for one, it would most likely be harder for Haji to execute close-range combat techniques as a good number of his moves were Special attacks and the Espeon preferred assaulting from a distance, anyway; and for another, we would be at least be a decent couple of feet away if in case the Poison-type did decide to blow itself up and could make a run for it if debris would start to come crashing down. Hopefully, though, it wouldn't come to that.

The Eeveelution opened his mouth, and out burst a barrage of bright yellow stars, with brilliant sparkles surrounded them. Their shimmering qualities greatly contrasted the ominous purple haze as they swept past the smoke, forcing the Koffing to hover backwards, just as planned. The multiple stars continued to follow the target, who had no choice but to distance himself from us unless he wanted to get hit dead on. He was trying to evade the glowing energies for couple of moments until a lightbulb seemed to flicker on aove his head.

By now, though, Haji was ready. His earlier Future Sight had allowed him to visualize the opponent's retaliating move. The attack was in the form of large brown sludge, spurting out from the Poison Gas Pokemon's mouth. They blasted out at high speeds, meant to collide with the golden stars. They were quite evenly matched, one canceling out the other. The globs would explode upon contact with the yellow energies; while the stars, in turn, continued to pursue the floating ball of gas, slipping past a couple of blobs.

As the remaining golden stars slammed into the wild entity, the Espeon, meanwhile, was scampering from side to side, dodging the bombs with the help of his hazy blue eyes that could predict or see into the near future. Most of the evaded masses of brown ended up splattering onto the floor of the Plant, causing mini-explosions, trembles running down my spine as my legs seemed to shake with the ground from the impact. I had to jump away from a glob or two, as well - wouldn't want to get blown up now, would we?

With his eyes still outlined in that same blue hue, I could tell that the Psychic-type could sense another attack coming, his tail twitching ever so slightly. I glanced over at the Koffing, who did seem to be gathering up his energy for his next assault. His body was engulfed in a dark purple bubble that seemed to be as wobbly as jell-o, but still as ominous as any other attack. I wondered what it was, and if Ivy could see this attack's effects through her mindlink with Haji.

BATTLE STATS:
    Wild Koffing (M, ???)
    Health: 82%
    Currently Using: Sludge Wave
    Last Move Used: Sludge Bomb

..::VS::..

Haji the Espeon (M, Calm)
    Health: 95%
    Last Move Used: Future Sight+Sunny Day+Swift

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: SUNNY :3
    Pokemon Encountered: Electrike (F, Hasty)|Zubat (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)
    Current Encounter: Koffing (M, ???)

Total Items: Three Parkballs|Two Superballs|Two Hyperballs|Five Super Potions|Two Full Heals|Two Max Revives|Two Red Apricorns|One Blue Apricorn|Digital Camera|Apricorn Box|Two White Apricorns|One Black Apricorn
    MCR: 5233/9000 [Uncommon]

Pokemon Stats

Haji the Espeon (M) - 95%
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power [Fire]|Grass Knot|Shadow Ball|Skill Swap|Sunny Day|Calm Mind|Reflect|Light Screen|Substitute|Protect|Psyshock|Heal Bell|Stored Power|Signal Beam|Growth|Trick|Wish|Yawn
    <Currently Engaged in Battle>

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Flame Charge|Calm Mind|Hidden Power [Electric]|Flamethrower|Energy Ball|Taunt|Protect|Psychic|Substitute|Psych Up|Fire Blast|Toxic|Trick Room|Clear Smog|Acid Armor|Haze|Dark Pulse|Trick

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Will-O-Wisp|Thunder Wave|Drain Punch|Bulldoze|Shadow Sneak|Ice Punch|Fire Punch
    Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 10th April 2013 at 04:40 AM. Reason: because asterisks are in my post and idek why
    A Poem I Wrote

@MuddyMudkip; You set up a good scene for me to RP in!

TP#10

An orb of red-orang energy formed in front of Haji, and Ivy could feel the heat radiating off it. It wasn't too hot, however, so she relaxed a little. It probably wasn't warm enough to cause the poison gas to catch fire. With a toss of his head, the orb sailed skyward, parting the clouds of toxins as it did. It hovered near the ceiling like a miniature sun, just like it did every other time she used it. Haji had a good handle on his most-used techniques.

The sun poked holes through the fog, and some of it did indeed thin out, much to her releif. The burning sensation caused by the chemicals started to lessen in effect, and Ivy managed to take her arm off of her face comfortably enough. She could still feel that tingle in her nose, but she was able to keep it plugged enough that the gas didn't bother her too much. Her voice would probably sound funny, though.

Then, the purple cat spit out those glowing stars, and Ivy watched as the Koffing backed up. He was a safe distance away, and that made her feel better. However, that didn't stop him from making a move. In order to combat the stars, he launched his own offensive.

Balls of Sludge erupted from him, raining down like mortars on a war field. Ivy had to jump to the side to avoid being splattered by the Sludge Bomb as piles of ooze coated the floor and sprinkled flecks up onto the walls. She watched as the bombs collided with Haij's swift too, causing more explosions that seemed to shake the walls. It really was like a battlefield.

A lot of the stars were deflected or dodged, but that was alright since it was meant to just move the Koffing around to begin with. Thankfully some hit, though, which would save them time in the long run for wearing the Poison-type down.

Haji wasn't defenseless however. His eyes blazed as he dodged himself, jumping from side to side, battling the way he preferred. Ivy's heart was beating fast with adrenaline as she watched, but she could feel the calm serenity coming from the Psychic-type. He wasn't worried at all, which was exactly like him. He rarely got worked up, always battling with a level head. It came in handy often, since sometimes she didn't keep her cool.

The psychic bond also helped her see into his condition, which did help keep her sane a lot, since Haji tended to put on a tough front even if he was hurt. He was fine, however. As they connected, she felt the force of the Future Sight, and it sent chills down her spine. The hair on the back of her neck stood up and her skin tingled too, and it was hard to keep her own sight and his straight.

It was like she was seeing double vision, only the second scene was foggy and partially see-through. Sometimes his abilities bled into her mind, if she was paying too close attention to him. Sometimes it was useful, sometimes it just got in the way. The first time, it had made her sick.

Suddenly, she saw something new that wasn't happening in real time. A wave of toxic material was washing over the field, or something like it. She couldn't get a good handle on it before the vision snapped off. Haji had cut off her end of it as his eyes stopped glowing. Sometimes he did that if he needed to concentrate, so she wasn't mad.

At any rate, he had predicted another attack before he stopped using the Sight, and they had to do something about that. As she looked, the Koffing was surrounded in a bubble thick with purple film that seemed to wobble back and forth as he floated. Ivy didn't want to give him a chance to use it.

“Haji,” she called, “if that was a Sludge Wave like I think it was, we need to stop it or control its flow before he uses it full force. This hallway isn't super wide, and it'll wash over the rest of us.”

The Espeon nodded while keeping his eyes on his foe. Vergil was even interested now, since she could feel him close behind, watching the battle. He really loved to battle; sometimes she thought that's the only thing he enjoyed. She hoped that he was slightly worried about his comrades too, though she knew that was a slim chance. She wanted him to care about something.

Ivy pictured in her mind what she had planned so that Haji would get a better idea of it. Then she told him, “Set up a couple Light Screens in the hall to try and block the attack as best as you can. It's not too wide here, so try to deflect it to the side as best you can. We'll move out of the way,” she said, as she got closer to one side of the hall.

In theory, she wanted the screens to act like a dam—the wall of light would hopefully deflect some of the attack to the side to take the brunt off Haji and prevent too much backwash onto them. That was, if Sludge Wave was the move Koffing was using at all. There was a very good possibility that he would change up moves or use it in a different way that she hadn't thought about. The thing about seeing the future is that you didn't know which one it was—many people theorized that there were infinite futures, and that peoples' actions determined which ones came true. Therefore, any one action could alter what came next.

She knew Haji wouldn't be able to prevent all damage, and for a long time she had struggled with that much more than he did. Since he had come from an abusive home, she wanted to save him from any other harm. Unfortunately that wasn't possible in battles, and at first, that had prevented her from asking him to battle until he questioned her. However, he was one of her most depended-on Pokemon, and as long as he wanted to fight, she didn't try to hold him back anymore.

“Next we need to start draining his energy. Use a Psychic to take a hold of him. While straining his mental senses, I'd like you to move him around. If possible, bouncing him off the walls should stun him a little. Maybe confuse him or stall his attack from happening too quick. His thick skin should protect him a little from the impacts. That's only if you get a good control on it too,” she added. “The first priority is wearing him down. You can probably use a decent power on it.”

The scene in her head played out a little like a cartoon, which was probably unrealistic. She imagined the Koffing spinning around and ricocheting off the walls like a ball in the pinball machines at the rec center she used to frequent when she was studying to be a Ranger. It was a Voltorb-themed one at the time. She had kept the high score on it for a couple months before she finished her Ranger training.

She also mentally cautioned Haji about doing too much damage, even though he knew already. She just didn't want to accidentally knock the Koffing out. Haji's Psychic-type attacks were very strong, and that was the one thing these levitating Poison-types were weak too. It wouldn't take much, and if he fainted, she couldn't catch him. That and she would feel bad.

Haji reassured her with a wave of calm emotion, and that made her feel better. Now she could only wait to see what came out of this.
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

@WinterVines; Yay! xD Also, really sorry for the dealy on this :x

BP#2

As I tried to figure out just what move the Koffing was using, I glanced over at Ivy, who seemed to be lost in thought - or rather, lost in a vision of the future. It was as though she, herself, was radiating energy while she was connected to Haji. And then, it all stopped so suddenly - the blue outline of his eyes fading - leaving the trainer in a state of shock and wary.

She quickly blurted out her next command, keeping a close and watchful eye on the opponent. The flimsy purple bubble around the wild creature continued to grow and expand, more ominous waves sloshing around his body - just on the very verge of release as the Espeon started setting up a number of Light Screens to act as a barrier of sorts against this oncoming assault.

The ruby on his head began to shimmer with Psychic-type energy, and as he swayed his head from left to right, a light blue screen materialized over to the opposite side of the corridor. I took this opportunity to move closer to the safe side, where the Elite Ranger was standing, as the Eeeveelution continued to create firm, sturdy-looking glass walls around the Poison Gas Pokemon, making sure they curved around (he started from the wall then worked his way towards the middle arch where both sides of the screens would meet) in such a way that the flow of hazardous goo would be pushed to one side of the hallway. He had barely finished completing this trap before the purple energy was released, wave after wave of Poison-type power flooding the Plant's floor. I couldn't help but wince - this was going to be a pain to clean up later, assuming the toxic in the substance would not seep through the old, worn-down cement first.

The ominous sludge crashed against the resilient glass, barely leaving a dent in them before rolling back. However, the barriers weren't without their flaws - some of the substance still managed to seep their way through the bottom of the screens, most prominently in the front ones, the ones that were in the middle of the arch, whose creation Haji had rushed to prevent a more disastrous event. They slithered their way to him as he panted from the exerted effort - creating multiple blue glass walls was no small task. They were pretty fast for dense globs of poison, scorching his legs with their intoxicating touch. This seemed to jolt the Espeon's senses as he suddenly leaped away, but the goo had left a burning sensation running along his limbs. Whatever pain he felt, he did not show on his face as he remained calm and collected, his gaze steady as he watched for any more of the enemy's tricks.

"Use a Psychic to take a hold of him," Ivy called out. "While straining his mental senses, I'd like you to move him around." She then suggested to bounce the Koffing off the walls to try to make his head spin a bit, increasing the chances of him not attacking due to his dizziness. And so, that was exactly what the Psychic-type did.

His eyes - along with the gem on his forehead, which augmented his powers - glowed a bright blue. As the glimmer strengthened, the Poison Gas Pokemon was then outlined in the same shade of blue, allowing Haji to have control over his opponent's actions and movements. Purely using his mental capabilities, he threw the creature to one side, then swung him back to the other, repeating this chaotic process again and again in all possible directions; he ended up tossing the Koffing all around the battefield, slamming him against the walls, ceiling, and floor. The Eeveelution's shoulders were relaxed, not hunched in the slightest, as though this took him little to no effort - or that, it was all relying on his head, his Psychic powers. After all, he was only controlling the Poison-type, and while that would certainly require some brain power, muscle exertion on his part was unnecessary. Most of the energy-draining that was taking place right now was only happening due to the wild entity's resistance against being treated as a puppet as well as his constant slamming against the Power Plant's walls.

After all that was said and done, the Koffing was left in a rather drastic state of dizziness, with his head throbbing dreadfully with pain - the stabs having no mercy on him.

BATTLE STATS:
    Wild Koffing (M, ???)
    Health: 44%
    Currently Using: [none]
    Last Move Used: Sludge Wave

Health: 88%
    Last Move Used: Light Screen+Psychic

Trainer Statistics:

Current Encounter: Koffing (M, ???)

MCR: 13908/9000 [Uncommon]

Pokemon Stats

Haji the Espeon (M) - 88%
    <Currently Engaged in Battle>

A Poem I Wrote

@MuddyMudkip; lol you're fine. Shorter post is shorter.

TP#11

Ivy felt the slight discomfort as the poison washed across Haji's legs, and she winced. Almost immediately after, the feeling stopped, and she suspected the Espeon had cut off that part of their bond. She knew that he just didn't want her to worry, but it still bothered her.

Thankfully the Light Screens had formed enough of a barricade for the liquid poison to keep to one side, making them safe since they had retreated to the other side of the hall. Some of the sludge was thicker in parts, and Ivy saw how it clung in patches to the floor and walls. They were going to have to burn it off or something when all of this was done—otherwise it could be a hazard to the remaining Pokemon inside the plant, and she couldn't just leave it.

Then, Ivy saw the Koffing become coated in a shiny blue energy—the same shade as Haji's lit up eyes. With his mental powers, the purple cat did almost exactly as she imagined. The floating ball of gas was bounced from one side of the hall to the other, spinning and twirling and bumping into things as he went. Haji made it seem like the easiest task in the world. Now that the moment of pain was over from the Sludge Wave, he had opened up the channel a little more, so she felt how effortlessly he commanded his mind.

“Almost there, Haji,” she called to him, not wanting to put extra strain on his mind as he used it. He released the Poison-type then, and Ivy saw how unsteady it was. It was bobbing up and down slightly, like it wasn't totally in control of its motions. Ivy decided to capitalize on that.

“We've almost got him,” she said. “Sharpen your senses with Calm Mind so you can really get inside his head, and then I'd like you to use Confusion! Play on that dazed state of his and try to make him even more confused. With a little more mental strain, he might not be able to resist this,” she said, pulling out a standard Park Ball from her zippered vest pocket.

Confusion was another one of those mental attacks that could trip up the foe. She was hoping that Haji could make the Koffing see double or triple even, further adding onto the already dizzy state he had been put in from being thrown around a bit. She relayed that to the Espeon mentally, and he agreed.

Some Pokemon were physically able to make doubles of themselves in an illusion, but since she had been working so much, she hadn't got to teach Haji, or any of her Pokemon really, any new techniques. She felt a little bad about that. Hopefully after this expedition she would make some time for that. She owed them that much, and it might even make Vergil more tolerable. He was currently looking bored, although he wasn't crossing his arms anymore.

Ivy tensed to throw the ball when she thought she'd have a good opportunity. If Haji's attack could trip him up and confuse him entirely, they had a decent shot.
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

@WinterVines;

BP#3

Seeing as how the Koffing's mind had been all shaken up from the earlier Psychic assault, Ivy decided to take advantage of this by attempting to confuse the creature even more with this next course of action.

Haji gave a quick nod of acknowledgement before shutting his eyes in deep concentration. He released any and all negative or worrisome thoughts from his head, pushing them out of his mind to achieve maximum serenity from within himself. It wasn't a difficult task for him, considering how he was already a very calm and collected Pokemon - he was naturally relaxed about just about everything. Soothing waves coursed through his body, making him forget about the battle and the other hardships of life, leaving him feeling refreshed and strengthened as he found that sort of "inner peace" bubbling inside of him.

Upon opening his eyes, the Espeon quickly locked his gaze onto the opponent - who still seemed unaware of what exactly was going on - just as he did with his earlier attack. A lighter blue hue outlined his pupils once again, shimmering with Psychic-type energy. Bursting out from his eyes a moment later were two slim, bright rays, zipping right towards the Poison-type.

The telekinetic force barreled into the entity, seeming to zap him and ruffling up his thoughts. It left him in an even worse state of dizziness; his eyes seemed blank and unfocused, as though his senses couldn't seem to pick up that he was currently engaged in a battle - that he was meant to be attacking his foe, or at least, doing something about the fight at hand.

Instead, he was bobbing about the place with his head up in space. He hovered from side to side, bumping his head on the wall once or twice before a Parkball was thrown over to relieve him from more suffering. The red erratic beam that had blasted out from the orb sucked the Poison Gas Pokemon in just as it moved outside of the sludge filled area. The camo-colored sphere dropped to the cement floor as it snapped shut, just narrowly missing the ledge of one of the glass screens. It tumbled about a couple of times, shaking in the manner one would expect it to. The Koffing inside didn't seem to have put up much of a fight - most likely due to his confusion - as the orb quickly came to a full stop, resting peacefully just a few inches from the purple ooze.

After picking the ball up, my gaze stayed on the walled waves of goo for a while as I tried to fabricate a way to fix up this mess. I glanced over at the Elite Ranger, knowing that she, herself, knew that we couldn't just leave it like this in its hazardous state. "Any ideas?" I asked, my mind still whirring for one of my own.

BATTLE STATS:
    Wild Koffing (M, ???)
    Health: 30%
    Currently Using: [none]
    Last Move Used: [none]

Health: 88%
    Last Move Used: Calm Mind+Confusion

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Electrike (F, Hasty)|Zubat (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Koffing (M, ???)
    Current Encounter: [none]
    Pokemon Captured: Electrike (F, Hasty)|Koffing (M, ???)

Total Items: Two Parkballs|Two Superballs|Two Hyperballs|Five Super Potions|Two Full Heals|Two Max Revives|Two Red Apricorns|One Blue Apricorn|Digital Camera|Apricorn Box|Two White Apricorns|One Black Apricorn
    MCR: 0/???

Pokemon Stats

A Poem I Wrote

@MuddyMudkip;

TP#12

The ball clicked shut and Ivy breathed a sigh of relief. They wouldn't have to deal with the poison spewing everywhere anymore. Ivy adjusted her canvas vest and smiled at her Espeon. “Nice work as always, Haji,” she said.

Now they just had to deal with the sludge that was leftover from the battle. Globs of sticky purple goo was splattered on the walls and lining the floor worse than last month's leftovers. Ivy knew that if any stray Pokemon came across that, they could become poisoned by it.

“Any ideas?” Elisa asked, looking at the poison too.

“Hmm,” Ivy murmured, thinking. “I think the best way is to probably burn it off. Haji, can you help us out?”

The purple cat nodded, and his eyes began to glow that shimmery purple color again as he rose his energy. Five orbs of red-orange energy appeared around him, hovering in midair and floating slowly around. The flames inside them licked the invisible barriers that kept them trapped.

“Haji's Hidden Power type is Fire, so we can probably make use of the leftover Sunny Day to try and get some of this gunk off. Candle can probably help if needed. What do you think?”
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

@WinterVines; I just realized I forgot to put in Koffing's nature last post ^_^;; Also, here come the marts, dundundun.

NBP#7

"I think the best way is to probably burn it off." Ivy suggested after a moment or two of contemplating to herself. My eyes sparked up as I realized where she was going at; I could see it now. The thick layers of purple haze that had been released by the Koffing earlier in the battle had been easily thinned out by the make-shift sun the Espeon had created; and the trapped waves of hazardous ooze were more likely than not of a similar substance, which meant that we could kill it with fire.

"Haji's Hidden Power type is Fire, so we can probably make use of the leftover Sunny Day to try and get some of this gunk off. Candle can probably help if needed. What do you think?" the Elite Ranger said.

"Great plan! I think fire is just the thing we need," I replied with a grin. If the Psychic-type could pull this off in one swift move, then that would leave us with no troubles to worry about at all. "Haji just might be able to finish this off, though." I nodded over at the Eeveelution who was already surrounded by a circle of five fireballs, while his eyes were glowing a bright purple color.

The orbs revolved around him, the flames inside them dancing with a fiery passion just waiting to be unleashed. He took a few steps back, before pushing forward and leaping into the air, hoping to have a clear opening so as to make it easier for him to aim his attack. He rose up above the summit of the blue glass walls, allowing him to just the right angle to be able to shoot off his assault. The reddish-orange blazes were unleashed in mid-air, slamming straight into the pool of sludge.

As the Sun Pokemon landed back on the ground smoothly, I peered over the side of the barrier of screens. I watched as the flares sunk into the goo, effectively toasting it, with smoke rising up from the incineration that had occurred. The embers spread like a wildfire - as though the purple globs were trees clumped together, making it even easier for the kindling sparks to spread around. Soon, the whole sea of ooze had been scorched, the flames flickering wildly as the blobs were smoldered into nothingness.

"Well, that's that, I'd say," I remarked as the last of the embers had died down. "I'd give these Light Screens a couple more minutes, tops. They've been as resilient as they could ever have against the sludge." I nudged one of the blue squares with my foot, testing its strength. They would be fading soon, that's for sure - they were never meant to last extremely long in the first place, and this set of glass barricades have definitely served their purpose with all their might.

"Alright, let's go," I told my fellow ranger as we moved on.

Slipping around the corner brought us to a glob of purple goo stuck on the wall. "Well, I don't think the earlier Sludge Wave could've made it this far," was my lame attempt at a joke, somewhat. As if in reply, the blob moved, pulling itself from the wall and slithering its way down to the floor. It was a lighter purple shade compared to the poisonous gunk earlier, which was by far darker and more ominous looking.

"Interested in a Ditto?" I asked Ivy.

Trainer Statistics:

Encounters Left: 14 [Endurance Run]
    Pokemon Encountered: Electrike (F, Hasty)|Zubat (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Koffing (M, Bashful)
    Current Encounter: Ditto (?, ???)
    Pokemon Captured: Electrike (F, Hasty)|Koffing (M, Bashful)

Total Items: Two Parkballs|Two Superballs|Two Hyperballs|Five Super Potions|Two Full Heals|Two Max Revives|Two Red Apricorns|One Blue Apricorn|Digital Camera|Apricorn Box|Two White Apricorns|One Black Apricorn
    MCR: 1131/25000 [Intermediate]

Pokemon Stats

A Poem I Wrote

@MuddyMudkip; Bring 'em on!!

TP#13

Elisa was on board with the idea, and soon Haji went to work, using the last traces of his Sunny Day technique combined with his Fire-type Hidden Power. He released the orbs in a whoosh, and they crashed over the poison, igniting it. Black tendrils of smoke rolled off the piles as they were burnt up. The flames grew as they found material to burn, and soon the fire was crackling nicely, sort of like the campsites they made when she was still taking Ranger courses.

Soon the poison was just black scorch marks on the ground. Ivy didn't mind too much about that, since a few residue marks weren't going to hurt anyone. Besides, the rest of the Plant had damaged walls, floors, and ceilings already. This was considerably less hazardous.

“Alright, let's go,” Elisa said once they were all done.

Ivy followed her down the hallway. When they turned around the junction, there was another patch of sticky ooze on the walls. “Well, I don't think the earlier Sludge Wave could've made it this far,” she joked, recognizing the Pokemon. Ivy smiled. “Interested in a Ditto?”

The woman shook her head as the glob pulled itself from its stuck position and slid to the floor eerily. Ivy saw Vergil shudder a little out of the corner of her eye. She didn't blame him—Ditto freaked her out a little bit too.

“No thanks,” she said. “I think we'll pass on this one. I've got a doll if it happens to be stubborn.”
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

@WinterVines;

NBP#8

"No thanks. I think we'll pass on this one," Ivy replied, shaking her head. She pulled out another pink toy from her vest pocket. "I've got a doll if it happens to be stubborn."

It stretched its flexible body, making sure to encompass both sides of the corridor, as though it wasn't allowing us to pass through. Vergil seemed to shudder at the creature's closeness, but chose to hide how much it irked him by glaring down at it as stubbornly as ever.

Upon tossing the Pokedoll over to the Normal-type, its body suddenly shifted back into it usual shape - a smaller purple blob that we could easily slide past. Make-shift glob arms reached out to catch the plush toy, and with that, we were off once again.

At this point, it was safe to say that our eyes had pretty much adjusted to the darkness as best they could, rendering us that much more useful in the dark - we weren't quite feeling our way around the place anymore, though we were stll being extremely cautious about how we moved about, of course. I was always grateful for the occassional flickering lightbulbs, scattered sporadically around the Plant. Despite their scarcity, they were still very much helpful in the pitch-blackness.

So, when the lightbulbs above us abruptly sparked to life, the flare caught us off-guard, blinding us before we could even react - before our arms could even shoot up to our face to shield us from the gleam. The sudden flood of light caused my vision to blur with dancing spots; it felt as though the bursting glare could just burn me to ashes after being in the dark for such a long time. I almost stumbled, barely regaining my balance before tripping on my own feet from the dizziness that had occurred from the unexpected flash of light. My palms came up to rub my eyes viciously, trying to get the blotches out of my line of vision.

It was only after a few, torturously long minutes later that my blue pupils could finally gaze around the area once again, quickly pin-pointing the entity who had caused all this trouble. A primarily pink-colored Pokemon stood on its hind legs at the far side of the corridor; and the blue sphere at the end of its ominously-swinging black-and-pink-striped tail crackled with dangerous sparks of electricity. Remnants of wool seemed to be situated on its head and around its collar, just above its two, small, stubby arms. A single-clawed toe on both of its feet seemed to glint under the light as it hopped around the place.

"How about a Flaaffy?" I asked the Elite Ranger, wondering how her Pokemon had reacted to the burst of light.

Trainer Statistics:

Encounters Left: 13 [Endurance Run]
    Area Effects:
    Pokemon Encountered: Electrike (F, Hasty)|Zubat (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Koffing (M, Bashful)|Ditto (?, ???)
    Current Encounter: Flaaffy (?, ???)

MCR: 0/15000 [Borderline]

Pokemon Stats

A Poem I Wrote

@MuddyMudkip; 8,900 – 500 = 8,400

TP#14

The Ditto ended up being stubborn. Ivy tossed a Pokedoll in its direction in order to appease it. She didn't really want to battle it—not only because she was a Ranger and didn't like hurting the wild Pokemon unnecessarily, but also because Ditto tended to copy their opponents exactly. A mirror match with any of her Pokemon wouldn't be a very good idea.

They continued again, and as they traveled, the area got darker and darker. A lot of lights in the Plant where out, since the power supply had been cut off long ago. The remnants of lights were from old machines with a little bit of electric current still left in them or of Pokemon techniques activating them. Most other places were dark unless there was a hole in the walls letting in sunlight.

As they went down the corridors, it grew even blacker, making it hard to see at first. It didn't take long to get used to, thankfully, since she didn't want to run into anything. She had gone out with Haxbat, her Crobat, many times like this, in order to practice stealth techniques. Learning to see in the dark was one of them, although she could admit that she was a little out of practice. Working so much hadn't left her much time to work with her own Pokemon.

Suddenly, the light bulbs on the ceiling flickered to life, illuminating the entire area with a blast of blinding energy. Ivy's eyes snapped closed painfully, and she caught a glimpse of Elisa tripping as she did, stunned just as much as she was. The other Ranger jerked herself to a halt, and in doing so, collided with the Gallade behind her.

Vergil stumbled into her, calling out a noise of protest, bothered both by the collision and the brightness. Ivy felt the flicker of Haji reacting to the light as well, although he was able to settle a lot easier. Thanks to his Psychic typing, he could close his eyes and still 'see' since he could hone in on energy signatures. Vergil could too to some extent, but because he was more of a physically-based Pokemon, he wasn't as good at it. Not that Ivy would ever say that to his face.

Ivy shielded her eyes with a covered arm as she sought out the source of the light. Things like that didn't just happen out of nowhere—not in a place like this. It didn't take long to locate the Pokemon on the other side of the hall. It was a pink sheep with tufts of puffy white wool on its head and neck. Small sparks were coming from the blue orb on its tail.

“How about a Flaaffy?” Elisa asked.

Ivy shook her head. “That's alright. Was that really necessary?” she asked the sheep Pokemon then, still squinting. “We can use a doll if needed. Maybe that would help make sure it doesn't surprise any more Trainers in here.”
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

@WinterVines; And just when I thought my dice were starting to behave, they decided to troll and roll a 21 for the apricorn. :/

NBP#9

I could make out, despite the remaining spots in my eyes, the Elite Ranger shaking her head in declination. Turning to the wild entity, she asked, "Was that really necessary?" As much as I loved Pokemon and nature in itself, I agreed that the sudden flood of light was rather uncalled for, and irritating at some level. And surprising trainers in a place like this was dangerous, what with the building having a high risk of collapsing any moment.

The Electric-type seemed to understand the slight reprimanding tone in Ivy's words, though. It backed away with its head hanging down in embarrassment, shaking its head slowly and letting out a solemn cry of apology. I couldn't help but smile - now this was the kind of Pokemon who knew its place, who knew its boundaries, who knew when too much was too much. This Flaaffy earned my respect in the end. It seemed to dip its head respectfully once more, before turning around and scampering off into the darkness, launching itself from the floor and soaring through a hole in the wall that would have been too small for anything significantly larger than its size.

Continuing on, my eyes seemed to have adjusted to the illumination, the lightbulbs radiating with brilliance thanks to the Wool Pokemon. While they did make traversing across this long corridor a whole lot easier and less risky, I knew that we would have a hard time once we were enveloped in pitch-blackness again. Rounding a bend, we still had a light source, but that surely wouldn't last long. Delving deeper and deeper into the Plant, the bright rays could only come so far.

At one point, when we had delved into the darkness once more, I heard a clap of thunder coming from the outside. It was rather muffled, I'd say, by the walls of the building. Though, of course, the rumble was still mighty loud, the sound seeping in through the cracks in the run-down walls, penetrating the feeble cement. A thunderstorm was definitely brewing, and who knew how much longer 'til the rain would come pouring down. The Power Plant's zone was frequented by thunderstorms, which wasn't unexpected at all, considering the vast number of Electric-types that inhabited the area. All this made me wonder if a Pokemon was responsible for the storm - after all, a good number of Electric-types were, indeed, known for their connections to thunder and lightning and rain and electric currents and whatnot (rambling here).

It didn't surprise me when the next creature we bumped into was the kind known for tending to play out in the middle of thunderstorms. It was yellow and round-bodied with black stripes and accentuations. Three claws sported out from its bulky arms, while two horns shaped like the prongs of a plug sat atop its head. I could make out some sort of black lightning bolt marking on its chest, faintly remembering how Bolt, my Electivire, had looked like back when he was in his most basic form. The walking - or, at this point, sitting - power plug seemed to be happily feasting on tendrils of electricity crackling around it, charging up the electrical power from within him. The humidity in this area was no doubt fueled by the storm outside - I should've taken note of this earlier when Ivy had battle the Electrike - causing static electricity to generate around us, the currents even stronger now.

"Want an Elekid?" Beads of sweat started to break out on my neck and forehead as I turned to my fellow ranger. Funny, isn't it? How it can be stormy and extremely warm at the same time, but then again, that happens all the time anyway. It was something I was pretty much used to already, but the static in the air did not help one bit.

Trainer Statistics:

Encounters Left: 12 [Endurance Run]
    Area Effects:
    Pokemon Encountered: Electrike (F, Hasty)|Zubat (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Electrode (?, ???)|Koffing (M, Bashful)|Ditto (?, ???)|Flaaffy (?, ???)
    Current Encounter: Elekid (?, ???)

MCR: 0/4000 [Common]

Pokemon Stats

A Poem I Wrote

@MuddyMudkip; But at least I saved 500 on the doll! XD

TP#15

The Flaafy responded to Ivy's comment, hanging its head and bleating what sounded like an apologetic cry. Then, it turned and fled, darting through a hole in the wall that Ivy hadn't noticed before. It was way too small for them to follow, so it was a good thing she didn't want to capture it. Chasing after wild Pokemon wasn't very fun when there were a lot of obstacles.

The bulbs on the ceiling remained lit while they finished passing through it, but after that they descended into darkness once again since they were out of the sheep's affect range. It was easier to adjust to the impaired vision this time—at least it would be unless something else decided to flash light at them.

The dark reminded Ivy that it was humid. She pulled at her collar absently, trying to get a cool breeze. That had changed since they entered the Plant, which meant a storm was cooking up. Even now she could hear a low rumbling that was approaching. It would probably be over the place soon. If it held any rain, they might get soaked if they walked through a portion of the complex that had holes in the ceiling.

Then, there were tiny shocks that gave off a little light as they rounded another corner. A small Pokemon sat in the middle of them, seemingly happy. It was all bright yellow, and it's head and paws were shaped like electrical plugs. Seeing the Pokemon playing in the shocks reminded her that it was very possible a Pokemon was generating up the storm outside too.

“Want an Elekid?” Elisa asked.

Ivy shook her head. “That's okay. He looks pretty content playing there. Let's not disturb him if we can help it. I've got a doll for distraction.”

If something was causing the storm outside, she was sort of curious to see what it was. That and she wanted it to pass over or stop. It was warm enough without the added head. A little rain might be nice after all.
    URPG Stats

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast