Individual RP: WebMaster - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: WebMaster

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Cool Re: Individual RP: WebMaster

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Bill apparently didn't like where the battle was going. Maybe the Rock Tomb's speed drop had been the last straw, I don't know. Whatever the reason, he returned Espeon to its PokeBall and sent out his Swampert again. It seemed like used Swampert a lot. I know I relied on my Smash quite frequently.

"Let's not be too hasty here. Use Curse and take this battle decisively," Bill ordered.

Swampert cracked his knuckles and hunkered down low. A stream of inaudible whispering emanated out from his mouth, and a purple glow covered the Water-type completely. I nodded appreciatively - if Bill wanted to capture the Conkeldurr his Pokemon would need to be seriously reinforced.

The Conkeldurr watched the Swampert carefully before bellowing a war cry. It slammed its pillar into the ground and held its club-like fist out towards Swampert. The fist began to glow bright white, and both Pokemon stared at each other, their respective auras growing increasingly bright. The Conkeldurr moved first - it ran towards its opponent, dragging its weapon behind. The Fighting-type's Focus Punch attack rammed into Swampert's shoulder hard, the white energy fighting with Swampert's purple glow. Swampert shouted and pushed back at the fist, knocking the Wild Pokemon back a bit. The Curse had kept the Focus Punch from doing a lot of damage.

Somewhat randomly, Bill turned to me. "What do you suggest I do?" he asked. "Conkeldurr's giving my team some trouble."

I pulled out my PDA and scrolled through his screen, frowning. "Well, Espeon is your best match-up, no doubt," I mused, "but I think getting her out of there was the right move. Seeing as Conkeldurr is a high-level Pokemon, you'll need to stall it out, wait for it to get tired. Swampert is probably your best bet for that, although be mindful of his health - even with a couple of Curses, Conkledurr could still do some serious damage."

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics

??? Male Conkeldurr(partially de-weaponised): 51%, ATK+1, DEF+1, ACC-1 (used Focus Punch)

Jolly Male Swampert: 49%, ATK+1, DEF+1, SPD-1 (used Curse)

~~~~~

Trainer Stats:

Name: William Mason
    Area Effects: 9 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Naive Vanillite(F); ??? Machoke(?); ??? Vanillite(?); ??? Jynx(?); Articuno; ??? Conkeldurr(M)
    Pokemon Captured: Naive Vanillite(F)
    CC since last Encounter: 23869 / 45000

Pokemon Statistics:

Calm Male Serperior 100% (<Contrary Ability>)

Jolly Male Swampert ACTIVE (TM Ice Beam, HM Waterfall, TM Toxic, BM Mirror Coat, BM Curse <Torrent Ability>)

Docile Female Espeon 64% (<Synchronise Ability>)

Gentle Female Lapras 100% (TM Psychic, TM Thunder, TM Hidden Power (Ice), TM Dragon Pulse, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, TM Substitute, BM Dragon Dance <Shell Armour Ability>)

Item Statistics

2x Park Balls
    3x Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Uncommon (Snorunt) voice disc
    Digital Camera
    2x Energy Powder Plus
    2x Lava Cookies

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: WebMaster

OOC: I'm using Mud Slap btw. Sorry this took almost a month. I'm running out of ideas for this thing

Swampert slapped his fist into his hand pushed in on it to break his knuckes. He was ready to see some action and get pumped up. Digging both of his hands into the ground, Swampert braced itself as his lips began moving. I could not hear his whispering, but Swampert did not want me to hear it as this was a move of ill omen. Swampert began shining in a purple aura as his body rapidly absorbed strength. I could tell he would have a hard time moving with his added bulk, but hitting hard is now no obstacle. A chill was sent down my spine as the aura grew further out from his body; an evil feeling was in the air, yet somehow Swampert could control it.

Conkeldurr couldn't just stand there while his opponent grew more powerful. With a ear-piercing shout, he smashed his singular pillar into the ground as a bright light enveloped him. Soon, the whole battlefield was filled with two radiant lights: one purple and one white. These were two powerhouse Pokemon about to clash. Conkeldurr inched forward as he smashed his fist against the other. His speed grew at a large rate before his iron fist slammed into Swampert's side. The purple aura dimmed but didn't faint completely. I could tell the new strength Swampert had mustered could help absorb that large hit.

Though I was wearing Conkeldurr down, I could tell I needed a new strategy to solve this problem. Attacking it alone was not enough and my Espeon was still relatively new so she did not yet know how to charge her power. Swampert, on the other hand was the fourth Pokemon I got on my journey; he's fought alongside me for years. Nevertheless, I turned to Chainy and asked, "What do you suggest I do? Conkeldurr's giving my team some trouble."

Chainy pulled out an electronic device upon hearing my question. I wasn't familiar with all the latest Pokemon technologies, but it looked like a PDA of some sort. It definitely wasn't a Pokedex, but it did bear some similar features. Maybe it was custom made. Scrolling down on the touch screen with his fingers, he observed the data as his eyes zoomed back and forth to read Conkeldurr's information.
    "Well, Espeon is your best match-up, no doubt," he told me, "but I think getting her out of there was the right move. Seeing as Conkeldurr is a high-level Pokemon, you'll need to stall it out, wait for it to get tired. Swampert is probably your best bet for that, although be mindful of his health - even with a couple of Curses, Conkledurr could still do some serious damage."

He was right. Swampert was a beast at taking hits and dishing them out, but he is by no means invincible. Another curse would definitely help me in this situation, but I needed to get Conkeldurr weakened so I could buy my team some time. I didn't want to use Serperior, but I may be forced to if Swampert doesn't make it out of this.

Then suddenly, I remembered. Conkeldurr flat-out missed Espeon when he was blinded by the pillars of sand that rose up. There was no point of having all that strength if you could not land a hit. The ground under us had some snow but was not completely covered since the wind direction was somewhat obstructed by the mountain.

"Swampert, spray the ground with water and then mix it in with your hand. Then I want you to take the chunk of mud and hit him with it. You think you can do that?"

Swampert counted with his fingers for a second as he tried to note all those orders. After a couple of seconds, he gave me a nod with a focused look on his face. With a slight breath of air, water came pouring out of his mouth onto the ground in front of him. The water rested on the earth's surface for a few seconds before Swampert took his hand and started rubbing the ground and shuffling the dirt around. After some swishes, he took his shovel-like arms and caked them with the fresh mud he made. Rolling some up into two medium-sized balls, he placed each ball in his hands and charged at Conkeldurr.

"Aim for the head!" I shouted as he drew closer. I was hoping for a headshot because that might help obstruct his vision and that might be able to cause more attacks to miss, thus buying me some time. Maybe, just maybe.
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: That's okay. Here, I'll try to help you with this.

~~~~~

Bill seemed to ponder my words as both Pokemon eyed each other warily, taking a moment to sneak in a quick unofficial rest. Suddenly, my Trainer's eyes snapped up, and I knew he had just thought of something. Hopefully, it'd help him get on top of the Conkeldurr - he needed to take control of this battle, and soon.

"Swampert, spray the ground with water and then mix it in with your hand," Bill ordered. "Then, I want you to take the chunk of mud and hit him with it. You think you can do that?"

The Water-type tapped his fingers on the ground repeatedly before nodding to his Trainer. A quick gush of water issued forth from his mouth, spilling over his front. He mixed into the snow and dirt at his feet, and the Mud Fish Pokemon began mixing them together, turning everything before him into slurry. It wasn't long before Swampert had managed to create a patch of wonderfully sloppy mud. He grabbed two giant handfuls and began running towards the Conkeldurr on his hind legs.

"Aim for the head!" Bill yelled, and Swampert obeyed. He flung the clump of mud and it slapped into the Fighting-type's face, causing it the flinch backwards. The second missile had the same effect, and the Conkeldurr roared unhappily. It began flailing around with its concrete beam, hoping to hit Swampert, but it had no such luck. Finally, it bared its teeth, and slammed its pillar hard into the ground in front of it.

Nothing happened for a second. Then, I heard an ominous cracking, and suddenly the plateau gave out beneath us. Rocks and snow and ice were all around me, and I couldn't see Bill, Swampert, or the Conkeldurr. My head spun as I attempted to think of a way to get us all to safety. I tensed my feet twice and I heard a sonic blast, followed shortly by a warmth in my feet. I looked down to check, and sure enough, the thrusters in my boots were active. They wouldn't last long, though. I tapped a PokeBall on my belt and a blue metallic creature blasted away from me. I gave it a mental order to go grab Bill, and its four legs settled underneath it as it blasted away to find my Trainer. Swampert and Conkeldurr would have to be alright by themselves. Hopefully we wouldn't fall far.

Luckily, I was right. I let my boots die out slowly, and I landed on a ledge about half as thin as before twenty metres down. My Metagross was waiting there with Bill on his back. I looked around for both of the battling Pokemon, but they weren't anywhere to be seen. I looked upwards, and my jaw dropped. Both of them were halfway up the wall. The Conkeldurr had jammed his pillar into the side of the mountain, creating a perch to stand on. Swampert had created an outcropping of ice to stand on, and both Pokemon were eyeing each other carefully. My initial impression was that Swampert was in a much better position as he had room to move, but the Conkeldurr wouldn't have put itself in such a compromising position if it didn't have a plan.

~~~~~

??? Male Conkeldurr(partially de-weaponised): 45%, ATK+1, DEF+1, ACC-2 (used Earthquake)

Jolly Male Swampert: 39%, ATK+1, DEF+1, SPD-1 (used Mud Slap)

~~~~~

Trainer Stats:

Pokemon Encountered: Naive Vanillite(F); ??? Machoke(?); ??? Vanillite(?); ??? Jynx(?); Articuno; ??? Conkeldurr(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 28019 / 45000

Pokemon Statistics:

Jolly Male Swampert ACTIVE (TM Ice Beam, HM Waterfall, TM Toxic, BM Mirror Coat, BM Curse <Torrent Ability>)

Gentle Female Lapras 100% (TM Psychic, TM Thunder, TM Hidden Power (Ice), TM Dragon Pulse, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, TM Substitute, BM Dragon Dance <Shell Armour Ability>)

Item Statistics

2x Park Balls
    3x Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Digital Camera
    2x Energy Powder Plus
    2x Lava Cookies

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Trophies
    Blog Entries

OOC: IT LIVES!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------

Moving his bulky frame as fast as he could, Swampert eyes tightened their focus as he was nearing his fighting-type foe. With a quick backwards snap of his arm, Swampert swung his mud-soaked hand like a baseball player does his bat at a baseball.

SMACK!! Swampert connected perfectly as Conkeldurr's face was instantly drabbed in mud. It quickly jerked backwards and gave a bitter shout as the wet dirt obstructed his vision. Before it could put its hands to its face, however, Swampert still had one mud ball left. He used the swinging motion of his right hand to raise the left high into the air. Swampert jolted his arm like a pitcher throwing a fastball. The quick snapping motion of his hand sent the orb of wet dirt right into Conkeldurr's face again to add a second coating.

"That's my Swampert!" I shouted as the bulked up water-type pounded his fists together to display his superior strength.

Meanwhile, Conkeldurr picked himself up off the ground as he tried to reach for his concrete pillar. An unhappy battle cry was still coming from him as he tried to clear the caked mud off his face. Finally, he grasped his pillar like a cane and quickly swung it at my Swampert hoping it would hit whatever it could. The swing was poorly timed and at too great a distance; Conkeldurr's depth perception must have been impaired with the dirt still irritating its eyes. The red streaks outlining his eyeballs were somewhat amusing. Swampert dodged each swing decisively and even chuckled a little bit after the last one. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Conkeldurr couldn't take it anymore. I remembered that Conkeldurr had missed Espeon during its first attack (a dynamicpunch if I remembered correctly) due to the sand the psychic-type had summoned. Adding this attack onto that list of missed opportunities was two too many. With a loud shout that pierced my ears, Conkeldurr bashed its pillar down with all its might.

A wave of impact was felt under my feet. Beyond that, everything around was completely still; all I could hear was the frosty wind brushing the side of the mountain. A barely audible crack sounded, but my eyes widened and heart raced at this foreboding sign. Suddenly, my leg was thrown out from under me as the plain began collapsing. I tried to get my balance back and ran towards my Swampert. Unfortunately, the falling rocks were catching up at a faster rate than my running. With all the leg strength I could muster, I dove forward to reach out to my Pokemon.

It was too late; the plateau broke through completely and we were both falling down to the ground below. With the quickest thinking, Swampert opened his mouth and sprayed a large white beam of ice to freeze a portion of the mountain side. The ice beam shaped the ice into a thick platform which Swampert fell onto. As soon as he landed, he reached out for my hand to try to break my fall. My right hand felt a firm and meaty grasp as I saw Swampert trying to pull me up by that one hand. I knew Swampert had little trouble with lifting but there was one factor that did not agree with his strength: the ice. As he tried more and more to lift me, I could see and hear his feet sliding towards the edge. His callused feet allowed good movement on iced surfaces but not while holding a 140 lb trainer. I looked down below as the feeling of vertigo sent a chill down my spine.

Then…I saw a faint glimmer on the mountain wall in the distance. It reflected in a light blue shade that was strangely familiar. I tried to think what this was when I realized that only one thing produced this color shade. Suddenly a grunt voice echoed into my head saying, "Chainy sent me. Fall down." At first I questioned whether this voice was telling the truth or not, but then I realized that a Pokemon would not normally know a trainer's name unless it belonged to him. "Now! Or your Swampert will fall too!" the voice said again. I looked up at Swampert still struggling to maintain his footing and grip simultaneously. His eyes looked into mine as I said softly to him "Don't worry. I'll be fine. Just wait and keep your head in the game."

With those last words, I released his hand as gravity seized my body and started sinking me into the mist below. My mind began panicking as I tried to stay as focused the best I could. That glimmer….I knew "it" would help. Suddenly, my falling rate began to slow. My speed decreased at a constant rate until I felt completely weightless. I moved my hand in front of my face to notice a blue aura emanating from it. I felt a push on back as I floated towards the mountainside. The mist slowly faded as I spotted a light blue creature with four powerful metal legs retracted toward its body . Two silver bars crossed its face along with is red color eyes giving a focused look. Even a relatively new trainer like me knew what this Pokemon was. As I drew closer to Metagross, my body rested on the back of the steel-type as we started to hover downward onto the ledge below.

Metagross extended its legs down to grasp the ground for its landing. It gently rested its claws on the ground as we stopped levitating. I was still sitting on his back as I was trying to calm down and realize that I was going to be ok. As I tried to catch my breath, I heard a slight blowing noise that was a little more intense than the wind. I looked up to see Chainy hovering down to us with his jet boots. As the thrusters died down, I got off of Metgross's back and walked over to him. Meta followed behind. I wonder if those boots were standard issue for Rangers. If they were, I oughta contact human resources and question why I didn't get a pair.

I saw Chainy's eyes scan the mountain wall until his eyes locked and his jaw dropped. I asked, "What's wrong?" but he just kept staring. I looked up as well and what I saw I almost couldn't believe. Swampert was standing there on the ice platform he made earlier staring down Conkeldurr which had shoved its pillar into a wall to make a ledge for standing. I could tell Swampert was infuriated at something.

"Well, Conkeldurr really screwed itself since he has so little room to stand on," I thought about Conkeldurr. But the I started to realize that a buff fighting type like wouldn't just commit suicide in a battle. It had to put itself like that for a reason.

"Swampert!" I shouted with my hands cupped around my mouth. He immediately turned toward me and returned a surprised and shocked look. He did not think I made it out of that scuffle alive. "You ok?!" I shouted. He returned a nod with a happy look on his face. I was glad to see he was happy that I was alive; the previous anger must have been from the assumption that I committed suicide to save him.

My mind quickly devised a plan to utilize the limited space Conkeldurr had. It could still use its pillar for footing which was good enough to lunge into a strong attack. I needed some way to throw it off balance.

"Swampert! Pressurize your water gun and shoot spurts to knock it off balance! Aim for its head and feet!" I ordered.

I wish I had brought a pair of binoculars to see what was truly going on up there, but the fact that Swampert started to lean back to inhale was a good sign. I hoped he had heard all of the order. If this worked, it would either weaken the next attack or startle Conkeldurr enough to not attack at all in favor of sure footing.
    Last edited by WebMaster; 9th January 2012 at 01:51 AM.

Logs

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: You're not a Ranger yet, according to this run's timeline lol. No harm done though.

~~~~~

Meta slowly lowered himself onto the cliff edge where I was standing. It took Bill a couple of seconds to realise that he was on solid ground, but when he had he dropped onto the ground. The Psychic-type backed up and stood behind me. He was one of the few Pokemon on my roster who really didn't mind the cold. Surprisingly, my Swampert and my Starmie both weren't huge fans.

Bill looked up at his Swampert, which had entered into a stare-off with the Conkeldurr. "Swampert, you okay?" he called out to the big blue Pokemon. It turned and nodded, signaling to its Trainer that all was well.

"Swampert! Pressurize your water gun and shoot spurts to knock it off balance! Aim for its head and feet!" the young man ordered, getting back to business. His plan was a solid one - knocking the Fighting-type onto the ground would probably stun it temporarily, and give Swampert time to get into a more advantageous position.

Swampert held his lips close together, and a thin quick spray of water jetted out towards the Conkeldurr. It hit the concrete pillar that the Fighting-type was standing on, and the Pokemon flinched. The second and third sprays hit the Conkeldurr in its legs, and the fourth struck its face. The Muscular Pokemon grunted unhappily and tried to shield its face with its right hand, but then Swampert just concetrated on its feet. Slowly but surely it shifted backwards, until it was teetering and about to fall off. Suddenly, it slammed its left hand into the mountain and two rock spikes shot out behind it, creating a structure for the Fighting-type to lean on. The Conkeldurr broke off the end of one of the spikes, and threw it almost casually towards Swampert. I knew that the rock itself wouldn't hurt the Water-type very much, but if the rock happened to hit the ice platform then Swampert might take a dangerous fall. Unfortunately for Bill, the Conkeldurr was being supported by the two rock spines as well as its pillar, so it wouldn't be falling off any time soon.

~~~~~

??? Male Conkeldurr(partially de-weaponised): 39%, ATK+1, DEF+1, ACC-2 (used Stone Edge)

Jolly Male Swampert: 39%, ATK+1, DEF+1, SPD-1 (used Water Gun)

~~~~~

Trainer Stats:

CC since last Encounter: 35399 / 45000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics

2x Park Balls
    3x Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Digital Camera
    2x Energy Powder Plus
    2x Lava Cookies

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Trophies
    Blog Entries

"Swampert! Pressurize your water gun and shoot spurts to knock it off balance! Aim for its head and feet!" I ordered.

Swampert leaned back with a slight inhale and squeezed his lips inward when suddenly, a bullet of water no bigger than the size of a shoelace bolted at the fighting-type menace. The jetting spray struck the jammed pillar, the only thing holding Conkeldurr up. Conkeldurr stirred a little bit as it shifted its foot to the side. Without even a half-second to spare, Swampert quickly sprayed another shot. This time, it connected right with Conkeldurr's legs. Another sprayed followed which hit his foe in the kneecap.

Conkeldurr was not pleased to have his enemy do such an antic. With a muffled roar, he attempted to block Swampert's bullets from hitting his legs, but then Swampert simply shifted to his face with another round. Conkeldurr moved its cover accordingly which only made Swampert move back to his feet. Either way, he was getting hit with pressurized water. This consistent annoyance slowly caused him to move backwards. As it neared the edge, it started to lean back and flail its arms trying to keep its balance.Would this make him fall off the ledge? I had to watch carefully to see.

Thinking quickly, Conkeldurr took its left hand and smashed it into the mountainside . Two sharp rocks quickly formed near the smash mark; one of which Conkeldurr regained its balance with by using it as a hand rail. This railing would mean that Conkeldurr would not be falling by such simple means now but knocking it off was only a secondary purpose; buying time was the primary. However, the fighting-type grasped the other rock and hastily chucked it toward Swampert. It was poorly thrown so it did not even have a lot of power behind it. I knew Swampert could easily take a hit like that, especially with one Curse. But then something else hit me: what if it were to hit the ice platform? Swampert made the platform very quickly so it did not have much thickness. If that platform broke, Swampert would fall a good distance to the ground. Not to mention the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

"Swampert! Protect!" I quickly shouted.

If he knew what he was doing, Swampert would get under the rock and try to use the protect barrier to bounce it away. Suddenly, Swampert slammed his cupped hands together and a personal green energy shield formed around him. He began moving to try to knock the rock away. I hoped that he could volley it correctly.

Logs

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Swampert, Protect!" Bill yelled quickly.

The Water-type clapped his hands together and crouched low on his outcropping of ice. A faint green shield formed around the large bulky Pokemon, which grew brighter as the shield solidified. The Protect technique was a fantastic one - it created an almost impenetrable barrier that safeguarded the user from any incoming attacks. Some Pokemon were naturally skilled at these defensive techniques; Swampert were among them. Gallade were as well, and I recognised the technique from Dual's repertoire. It was one of his most favourite moves.

A couple seconds after the Protect had fully formed, the rock struck the shield and caused an indentation. The Protect wobbled for a couple seconds before returning to its natural shape. The rock shot off to the side, flying over the edge of the mountain and disappearing into the whiteness of the snow-covered plains below. The green shield made

The Conkeldurr huffed unhappily and shuffled backwards on its make-shift support. It then beat its chest and yelled a battle-cry before running forwards and jumping into the air towards Swampert. I opened my mouth in shock - the Fighting-type was incredibly bulky, and it was heading straight for Swampert's ice platform in a reckless dive. There was no way the platform would hold both the Conkledurr and Swampert at the same time, so the Wild Pokemon was obviously gambling that its opponent would take more damage than it would. I wasn't sure that it was wrong, either.

The Conkeldurr stretched its right arm forward and pointed its palm towards Swampert, preparing to strike. If Bill didn't do something soon, Swampert was in for a world of hurt - the Fighting-type was approaching like it had been shot out of a cannon.

~~~~~

??? Male Conkeldurr(de-weaponised): 39%, ATK+1, DEF+1, ACC-2 (using Force Palm)

Jolly Male Swampert: 39%, ATK+1, DEF+1, SPD-1 (used Protect)

~~~~~

Trainer Stats:

CC since last Encounter: 37879 / 45000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics

2x Park Balls
    3x Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Digital Camera
    2x Energy Powder Plus
    2x Lava Cookies

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Trophies
    Blog Entries

OOC: I hope this is good enough to keep that platform from collapsing. I don't need any significant damage on Swampert. I'm using Hydro Pump + Toxic btw
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

"Swampert! Protect!" I yelled.

Swampert instantly slapped his hands together and planted them on his supporting platform like Edward Elric does his alchemy. A green shield enclosed the bulky water-type as Swampert concentrated on the incoming rock. I hoped it would form completely in time; that stone edge could break the ice platform sending Swampert down to oblivion below.

"Come on," I whispered to myself as the rock spiraled towards the shielded Pokemon.

The shield bulked up adding the final layer of protection Swampert needed; it was not even a half second later that the rock came spiraling into Swampert's barrier. It stayed in conflict with the shield for a second or two before being knocked away into the foggy depths of nothing.

Conkeldurr couldn't take it anymore; how many attacks had it been denied? The angry fighting type snuffed at Swampert like a bull about to charge; it hunched down low like one too. Suddenly he stood up and pounded his bulky frame with his huge fists. A shout accompanied his display of muscle that was loud enough to cause an avalanche; thankfully, it didn't. Swampert gritted his teeth to focus on what Conkeldurr would do next. It lunged forward and leapt into the air; his body silhouetted against the sun. What was that reckless bastard doing?

"No way…" I said to myself as my eyes stared in horror at the sight of Conkeldurr extending hand forward to try to crash the ice platform. Swampert could be in for some serious trouble if he didn't defend. There had to be a way to keep that damn fighting type suspended…but how?

Then it hit me. My mind sunk back in time with a quick flashback

It was a mid-summer day in front of my house; the Starly flew through the air across the Unova skies. I was standing on the roof of my house staring down at Swampert from this high point. He looked a little worried as he stood next to my Gardevoir.

"You ready, Swampert?" I asked to the water-type

Swampert simply shook his head like he was afraid something was going to happen.

"Come on, Swampert," I said as I put my hands on my hips. "You managed to lift the weights with your Hydro Pump stream. I bet you can lift me."

Swampert stood there still slightly shaking and questioning himself on whether he could do the same with his 140 lb trainer.

"Relax, if you don't get me, Gardevoir will. Now are you ready?"

Swampert just returned a blank stare as if he was awaiting something bad would happen.

"That's about the best I'm gonna get from you I can tell," I said with a smile on my face. "Hydro Pump with everything you've got!" I ordered.

Upon finishing those words, I took a leap of faith with my arms wide open. Swampert shrieked at the sight of me falling off this high two-story ledge. With quick thinking, he shot a geyser of pure water out of his mouth. The stream impacted against my body as my falling slowed down and stopped shortly after. I was weightless, suspended in the air on a Hydro Pump. Swampert angled his pump a little bit to try to put me back up on the roof. After floating in the air for a few seconds, I regained sure footing. Gardevoir applauded as Swampert stopped spraying water and gasped for breath. Swampert smiled after panting for a few seconds because he knew that he had succeeded.

"Swampert! Hydro Pump!" I shouted as quick as I could.

Swampert angled his face upward directly at his flying foe; he aligned himself to catch the fighting-type with a water stream. With a quick jaw crack, a burst of water came forward to meet the airborne enemy. Would this stop the collision? Would this at least slow it down to lessen the damage?

"If you catch him, see if you can lace your water with toxic!" I added.

I hope I did not give him too much orders. The Hydro Pump was complex enough as is. I stood there wishing that something would play out in my favor.

Logs

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @WebMaster

~~~~~

I could see Bill's eyes glaze over as he tried to figure out what to do. An airborne Conkeldurr was one of the scariest things I could imagine, and it was heading straight for Swampert. Luckily, it didn't take long for Bill to decide what he was going to do.

"Swampert, Hydro Pump! If you catch him, see if you can lace your water with Toxic!" he called out.

The large blue Pokemon aimed its head upwards, and waited until the Conkledurr was perfectly above it. A huge blast of water erupted out of Swampert's mouth, striking the Fighting-type and pushing it up into the air. I could hardly believe that Bill's Pokemon had the strength to suspend the heavy Conkeldurr, but here it was, plain as day. The Conkeldurr growled unhappily - this had not been its plan. Furthermore, the Hydro Pump became tinged with purple, signs of the Toxic venoms that Swampert was injecting into the stream of water.

Unfortunately for Bill, the battle had started to take its toll on Swampert, and this was showing. His head bent down and his limbs started shaking, and I knew he wouldn't last for much longer. The Conkeldurr noticed this as well, and he quickly slammed his arm against the cliff next to him. Jagged rocks shot out of the cliff and down towards Swampert. The Water-type was too tired to dodge them, but this had a positive effect - if the rocks had made contact with the ice shelf, I was sure it would have broken.

However, the Rock Slide did serve a purpose - Swampert stopped the Hydro Pump, and Conkeldurr began to fall. Swampert backed up and the Conkeldurr crashed into the ice shelf. However, the Wild Pokemon kept going. He smashed off half of the platform and landed on the plateau below, where Bill and I were standing. The good news was that he seemed to be concentrating on Swampert. The bad news was that Swampert's ice platform was beginning to crack. The worst news revealed itself when the Conkeldurr started coughing and its huge arm muscles started to bunch up.

"Bill, I think that Conkeldurr has the Guts ability, which means now that it's poisoned it can punch holes through Swampert," I said to my Trainer urgently. "You should start considering a capture very soon."

~~~~~

??? Male Conkeldurr(de-weaponised): 16%, ATK+1, DEF+1, ACC-2, TOX (used Rock Slide)

Jolly Male Swampert: 27%, ATK+1, DEF+1, SPD-1 (used Hydro Pump, Toxic)

~~~~~

Trainer Stats:

CC since last Encounter: 41724 / 45000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics

2x Park Balls
    3x Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Digital Camera
    2x Energy Powder Plus
    2x Lava Cookies

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Trophies
    Blog Entries

OOC: This is it. The moment of truth. Also, I'm using leaf storm without intending any damage.

-------------------------------------

"Swampert, Hydro Pump! If you catch him, see if you can lace your water with Toxic!" I shouted to Swampert.

Swampert immediately tilted his head backwards and took a deep breath. With a force of a Jacuzzi jet, a fountain of pressurized water gushed forth from Swampert's open mouth. The water was like a mini-geyser; the force of the water propelled the stream high into the air.

Conkeldurr was impacted by this water stream and began to slow down in his falling. When he slowed down to a certain point, my heart started palpitating in excitement as I realized that Conkeldurr can't break the ice platform, the only thing is holding Swampert up, now. Buying a little more time was the primary objective. What amazed me even more is that Conkeldurr was already 160 lbs according to my Pokemon school studying. Not to mention, the Bulk Up it had used earlier must have added weight. It was almost no match for Swampert though as Conkeldurr was suspended and immobilized in this aqua jet.

Conkeldurr kept flailing his arms trying to break free of his watery suspension. I merely chuckled as the Fighting-type jostled itself around to no result. This was only the beginning of Conkeldurr's suffering however as Swampert's throat adjusted slightly, and the water began to take on a purple tint. Though the poison looked slightly diluted, I could tell by Conkeldurr's coughing and apparent stomachache that the exposure was enough. Conkeldurr had been badly poisoned.

Today was just not Conkeldurr's day. How many of its attacks have my Pokemon thwarted? First, the dynamicpunch missed due to sand pillars, then the mud in its eyes kept him from whacking Swampert with its pillar, now it's falling force palm has been thwarted by a water stream. Conkeldurr had had enough.

Something did not seem right though. The water stream began to flicker slightly. I squinted to see what was going on and Swampert appeared to be struggling to keep the flow going. This fatigue was understandable though; he had been in two battles with a very small break. Swampert smashed his hand down to maintain his willpower. He was definitely a trooper by carrying a Pokemon that heavy for that long.

Conkeldurr had other plans as well. The angered fighting type took his clenched fist and smashed it into the mountainside. A brief rumble was sent through the earth and my nerves as my eyes beheld a slight cascade of jagged rocks pouring down from the cliff. Swampert was too large and tired to move out of the way as each rock struck him in various places.

The rocks had another effect, however. Swampert's tiredness combined with this new injury to cause intense pain. The hydro pump suddenly stopped, and Conkeldurr was freed from his immobility. The muscular fighting type began diving towards his enemy below. Swampert stepped backward to avoid the impact making Conkeldurr miss. Instead, the sick Polemon's fall was broken for a quick second, but half of the ice shelf snapped off. Conkeldurr's fall continued, but this break allowed him to land on his feet on the platform below. I saw my Pokemon's combatant face to face for the second time in this epic battle. Chainy's eyes stared at the Pokemon's muscles and how they appeared to be undergoing some change. Conkeldurr's heart rate rose and each of its muscles from the biceps to the abs tensed with fury. I wonder if the pain from the poison was causing this.

"Bill, I think that Conkeldurr has the Guts ability, which means now that it's poisoned it can punch holes through Swampert," Chainy told me. "You should start considering a capture very soon."

Of course. Guts would be the only explanation for why it would be getting stronger at a time like this. I looked at all the veins on Conkeldurr's bulging biceps. I would definitely not want to get in an arm-wrestling match with this thing.

Conkeldurr looked back up the mountainside to see my Water-type begin to become unbalances as his ledge began to crack and split. I quickly got out the Pokeball on my belt and pointed it at my uneased mudfish Pokemon. A flash of red jetted from the button in the middle as it managed to hit Swampert before he started falling to his enemy below. The light engulfed Swampert taking him back inside his resting place. I quickly got out another red Pokeball from my belt and threw it on the ground in front of me. White light quickly rocketed from the ball as it took the form of a long and slender Pokemon. The light faded to show a green snake with markings adorning its snake body and leaves extending off his tail.

"Serperior," I quickly ordered. "use Leaf Storm to give me some cover. Don't worry about hitting it."

Serperior quickly buckled down and raised his tail into the air. It began to glow white as leaves started rocketing from it. Fortunately, these leaves were shaped like Boomerangs which angled into the air to create a thick cover. I could barely see Conkeldurr through the mist of leaves, but I hope he couldn't see Serperior at all. I don't need another one of my Pokemon hit. I quickly dug an empty hyper ball out of my backpack, hoping that this would be the chance to end this once and for all.
    Last edited by WebMaster; 27th January 2012 at 01:46 AM.

Logs

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @WebMaster congrats

~~~~~

Bill didn't waste any time. He quickly snatched Swampert's PokeBall off his belt and returned the Water-type. It was done in the nick of time - the cracks extended through the entirety of the shelf and the shattered. The tiny pieces of ice rained down into the snow. If Swampert had been standing there when that happened, he would have been seriously injured.

The Conkeldurr spun around and roared angrily at Bill. How dare this puny human take away his opponent, just when it was right where he wanted it? He advanced threateningly, preparing to pound both of the humans into a pulp.

Thankfully, Bill summoned another Pokemon to take our place. This one I hadn't seem him use before - it was long, green and leafy; a Serperior. They were fast and tricky opponents. I wondered why Bill didn't use Serperior to begin with. Its agility and evasiveness would have meant hell for the brute-force Conkeldurr.

"Serperior, use Leaf Storm to give me some cover. Don't worry about hitting it," Bill ordered as he pulled a Hyper Ball out of his pocket.

The Grass-type raised its tail into the air and then brought it rushing down. A blizzard of leaves blasted towards the Conkledurr, obscuring it from our vision and buying Bill some time. The very second that the leaves had all fallen onto the snow, Bill threw the Hyper Ball. It connected with the Fighting-type's left arm, and it roared as it was sucked inside. The capture device fell onto the ground and shook in the snow.

After what seemed like a whole minute of shaking, the ball lay quiet. I grinned at Bill. "Congratulations! What a capture!"

~~~~~

Trainer Stats:

Pokemon Encountered: Naive Vanillite(F); ??? Machoke(?); ??? Vanillite(?); ??? Jynx(?); Articuno; Rash Conkeldurr(M)
    Pokemon Captured: Naive Vanillite(F); Rash Conkeldurr(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics

2x Park Balls
    3x Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Digital Camera
    2x Energy Powder Plus
    2x Lava Cookies

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Trophies
    Blog Entries

OOC: FINALLY!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------

The ball wobbled. The ball wobbled again. I stood there watching it for about a minute or so before the wiggling began to die down. Had I finally done it?" I whispered to myself. Chainy placed his hand on the occupied Pokeball and stashed it his bag. We both knew what that meant.

"Congratulations! What a capture!" he said as he patted me on the shoulder.

I had a flabbergasted look on my face as I stuttered the words "Th-thanks" while soaking in the magnitude of this event. I walked over to Serperior and petted him on the head to thank him for giving me cover to throw that Hyper Ball.

"Thanks for the quick save, Serperior," I said to the grass snake.

He backed away from my hand and nodded with a smile on his face.

"Take a rest, buddy," I said as I pointed his Pokeball at him. Serperior became a red light that was swallowed by the Pokeball. I wish I could congratulate Swampert as well, but he had been through hell during that battle. I figured it was best to have him just rest.

"I'm excited about this now," I said to Chainy. "Let's keep going."

Logs

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @WebMaster

~~~~~

Bill stuttered his thanks before walking over to Serperior and patting it gratefully. "Thanks for the quick save, Serperior," he said to the Pokemon.

The Serperior butted its head into Bill's hand then backed off, smiling. Despite the gentle look on its face I could tell that Serperior wasn't enjoying the cold climate here on Mount Oktori. It was pretty plainly asking to go back into its ball. Fortunately, Bill noticed this.

"Take a rest, buddy," the young man said as he returned the Grass-type to its PokeBall. I walked over to where the Hyper Ball was laying forlornly in the snow and I picked it up, slipping it into the side pocket with the Vanillish's ball. I jiggled my bag to make sure neither of the balls were going anywhere, and then I returned to Bill's side.

"I'm excited about this now. Let's keep going," Bill said enthusiastically.

I raised my eyebrow but turned around to look at where we were. We were on a shelf about twenty metres below where we had been before. I wouldn't have minded being able to climb back up and take shelter in the cave from before, but there didn't seem to be any safe routes upwards. However, there was another ledge just below us. Seeing as there was no other way to go I shrugged and slipped down onto the ledge. It was only a couple metres down, so I landed easily on my feet. Bill followed me and fortunately there was a cave opening not far away. It'd be nice to get out of the snow. I hurried in until the whiteness of the outside was far behind, with Bill at my heels. Unfortunately, I ran smack-bang into something warm and pudgy. I fell onto my backside and looked up to see a Hariyama looking down at me, clearly unimpressed. It was warming itself over a fire but now it was interested in us. Thankfully it didn't seem like it objected to our presence, unlike the Conkeldurr.

"Uh, do you want to try and battle this?" I asked Bill sheepishly as I got back onto my feet.

~~~~~

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Naive Vanillite(F); ??? Machoke(?); ??? Vanillite(?); ??? Jynx(?); Articuno; Rash Conkeldurr(M); ??? Hariyama(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 1064

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics

2x Park Balls
    3x Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Digital Camera
    2x Energy Powder Plus
    2x Lava Cookies

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Trophies
    Blog Entries

OOC: I put a lot of thought into this but I don't think I'd ever use Hariyama and I have other places to be

"I'm excited about this now. Let's keep going," I said to Chainy.

Chainy gave me a weird look on his face as he eyes turned toward the shelf up top. There was nothing unusual there except a huge gap in the pathway above. Chainy soon returned his focus to the ground in front of him. There was a pathway below the ledge we were on. My ranger leisurely walked over to the edge as he let his weight carry him down the slope to the ledge below. I simply jumped after him only to have my shoes land in a pile of snow. The path curved around the mountain wall, but I could see a small opening in the distance. It was another cave that probably provided a shortcut for the path. I closely followed Chainy in traversing this walkway. He kept looking back to see if I was with him, but there was something he wasn't paying attention to.

"Watch out for that…" I started to say

*smack* it was too late.

"…Pokemon," I finished.

Chainy had ran full on into a rotund Hariyama. I doubt the fighting-type felt much but it looked kinda disturbed. From the ignited sticks I saw lying in a pile, I'd say it had built its own campfire.

"Uh, do you want to try and battle this?" Chainy asked me as he tried to regain his footing.

I stood there contemplating for a good while before finally reasoning, "I think I'm good." My Pokemon needed the rest and I don't believe another battle, especially with a Pokemon like this, would be the best thing for them at the moment.

Logs

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @WebMaster No problems dude

~~~~~

"I think I'm good," Bill replied. I wasn't particularly surprised - my brother Jakk used a Hariyama in his gym, but it was mostly because the Fighting-type had access to a number of interesting moves and techniques, most notably the Whirlwind move. Still, there were many Pokemon who were better at Whirlwinding than Hariyama - Staraptor and Skarmory immediately came to mind. I nodded to my Trainer and carefully tiptoed around the Fighting-type. Thankfully, he seemed content to do nothing but watch us as we passed.

We lost sight of the fire a about a minute later, which meant we had to stumble onwards in near-blindness. After a turn in the tunnel, a soft light was visible, and I saw that the tunnel opened up into a huge cavern. My jaw dropped as we emerged - the cavern was easily big enough to store an passenger aeroplane without touching any of the walls. There were many small holes around the ceiling, allowing for shafts of light and piles of snow to accumulate throughout the large space. Large stalagmites peppered the cavern, and some of them seemed to absorb and hold onto the light longer than they naturally should. We were standing up on a high ledge over the cavern, and a path wound down to the main floor.

I realised that a small gray stone in front of us wasn't actually a gray stone. It was a Machop, looking down onto the cavern, and for some reason it was being completely still. It hadn't appeared to notice us, so if Bill wanted to bypass it there was a strong chance. I jerked my head at the Fighting-type, asking him silently - no reason to alert the Machop to our presence.

~~~~~

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Naive Vanillite(F); ??? Machoke(?); ??? Vanillite(?); ??? Jynx(?); Articuno; Rash Conkeldurr(M); ??? Hariyama(?); ??? Machop(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics

2x Park Balls
    3x Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Digital Camera
    2x Energy Powder Plus
    2x Lava Cookies

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast