Individual RP: Tyranitex - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Tyranitex

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

Default Re: Individual RP: Tyranitex

I Stared at the Pokemon scratching its back and sighed. Yeah I wanted one of them, but it would be more effort than is worth going for it. I looked at Saline and smiled. She was sniffing at a flower near the edge of the path. She looked like she was having fun and I was happy for her. We hadn't done anything fun in a while and she was frustrated that we barely got out.

I turned back to Chainy and said, "Well, it'd be nice to have that Pokemon, but I really don't think that we have time. I want to be finished with this before dusk so I'd like to see if we can continue looking for my Snorlax." I looked back up ahead towards the end of where the trail tapered off and wondered what we were going to do to get around it. The forest looked pretty thick, but maybe Chainy knew a way to avoid cutting through the dense greenery and brush.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Well, it'd be nice to have that Pokemon, but I really don't think that we have time. I want to be finished with this before dusk so I'd like to see if we can continue looking for my Snorlax," Jake said.

I nodded, and waited for Jake to say which way he wanted to go, but he remained silent. I shrugged, and began to quietly lead him around the Grotle. However, at an inopportune moment, Jake's PokePlayer made the low roaring call of a Snorlax. The Grotle immediately stopped scratching and roared a defiant response. It half-destroyed the tree with a mighty shove of it's shoulder, and then it began barreling in our direction.

"You'd better get ready to battle, this looks like an angry one," I advised Jake. OF course, running away was an option, but if the Grotle found us we could be in serious trouble.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Jake
    Area Effects: 14 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Glameow(?); ??? Grotle(?)
    Pokemon Captured: N/A
    CC since last Encounter: 2128

Pokemon Statistics:

Docile Male Houndoom[Nicknamed Bambi] 75% (<Early Bird Ability>)

Bold Female Empoleon[Nicknamed Saline] 100% <Out of Ball> (TM Flash Cannon <Torrent Ability>)

Item Statistics:

1x Pokeplayer
    1x Hyper Ball
    2x Park Ball
    2x Max Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

The Grotle began to throttle in our direction. I looked at Saline and she nodded as if knowing that she was ready. I turned quickly to Chainy and said, "Let's try to get away in this direction."

I pointed into the forest where it looked as if there was some crouching room and dashed to it waiting for Chainy to follow.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Don't forget that the post count min is 500.

~~~~~

After answering, Jake quickly turned and ran into the forest, trying to circle around the Grotle. Unfortunately, he stepped on a large branch, which made a cracking sound that echoed amongst the trees. Exactly one second later the Grotle roared, and it began smashing through the trees trying to find us.

"Move," I said urgently to Jake, and I pushed him forward. We ran blindly through the trees for a good ten minutes. Finally, the Grotle either got tired of chasing us or went the wrong way, because I couldn't hear it any longer. I dropped to the ground and carefully placed my palm just on the surface. I couldn't feel any vibrations, so I breathed a sigh of relief.

Just as I did so, Jake's Pokewalker made a quick shrill beeping sound before reverting to the Snorlax roars and groans. I shot a quick look at the count on the screen - it now said 4.

I put my back against a tree so I could rest for a minute. As I did so, I happened to glance up into the trees. A Sentret was watching us from a low-hanging branch. I pointed it out to Jake, but I didn't say anything because I was so out of breath.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Glameow(?); ??? Grotle(?); ??? Sentret(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Bold Female Empoleon[Nicknamed Saline] 100% <Out of Ball> (TM Flash Cannon <Torrent Ability>)

Item Statistics:

1x Pokeplayer
    1x Hyper Ball
    2x Park Ball
    2x Max Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

OOC:I know, sorry. I was kinda pressed for time.

We stopped finally as we found we could run no more. Chainy, wheezing, kneeled to the ground and lay one hand softly on the ground. After a few seconds he seemed satisfied and lay back on the trunk of a tree and rested with clenched eyes.

Saline and I relaxed immensely as we realized our safety was pretty much assured. I fell to my knees in weakness and was breathing really hard. I felt my lungs suddenly tense up and sieze. Gasping for breath, I desperately scrabbled for my inhaler in my pack. Wheni had finally removed it I took as deep a breath as I could from it while pressing down on the stopper.

My lungs relaxed and I collapsed on the ground next to my ranger. A series of short, shrill beeps indicated that my Pokeplayer had hit 4 plays and I was one more chance away from never getting to find my beloved Snorlax. It shortly reverted back to the moaning call of the Pokemon. The air was already feeling more like syrup in my throat than dried cement.

I looked over at Chainy to see how he was recovering from the run. He looked almost back to breath, but still only pointed at a wide-eyed Sentret, eyeing us upside-down from a tree. I shook my head and my hand at the same time, meaning to indicate that I didn't want the Pokemon.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Jake saw the Sentret watching us from up in the tree. He then shook his head and his hand, indicating that he didn't want to try and capture it. I nodded acknowledgment, and continued panting for another minute or so.

When I had finally got my breath back, I hocked up a huge spitball on the ground and cleared my throat. "Man, I hate running," I said wryly, "but at least the Grotle has gone. Come on, let's move on."

We moved on into the forest. My GPS screen notified me that we were traveling around the forest, not going further in nor going out. For now, that was fine with me. I was just about to ask Jake what he wanted to do when I heard some thumping in the tree above me. I looked up, and I saw the Sentret. It grinned at us, and climbed down the tree.

"I think it wants to battle you," I said to Jake. This Pokemon was more nimble than the Grotle, so we wouldn't be able to outrun it. Jake would either have to battle it or buy a Poke Doll to get away.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Glameow(?); ??? Grotle(?); ??? Sentret(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 1248

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

1x Pokeplayer
    1x Hyper Ball
    2x Park Ball
    2x Max Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

OOC: thanks again for keeping this open!

The Sentret was bouncing and smiling at me. I smiled right back at the adorable pokemon. It sure was energetic and it looked like it would be a good companion. But I wasn't really up for Pokemon of that nature right now.

I looked back over at Chainy and said, "Here I'll buuy another Pokedoll from you for this youngster and we'll get along."

I shelled out some Pokebucks and recieved the Pokedoll. I kneeled down and scratched the Sentrets head before handing it the doll. It looked quite curious and began to poke it distractedly, soon becoming completely immersed with the doll and forgetting about me.

I stood back up and cast my eyes around the trail. There didn't look like a clear path from here so I pointed in a direction that smelled the nicest and said, "How about that way?"

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: No problems, man. Glad to see you around again.

~~~~~

"Here, I'll buy another Pokedoll from you for this youngster and we'll get along," Jake said to me. I nodded and took the cash before passing him another doll. He bent down and patted the Sentret gently before placing the doll in front of it. The little Pokemon was mesmerised, and started poking it gleefully.

Jakes stood back up and cast a look around. I knew what he was doing - in our haste to get rid of the Grotle, we'd completely lost sight of the path, which was no easy feat considering the plots of plant-life in the Gardens weren't very big. I cast a quick look around - it didn't bother me which way we went. If we stayed in a straight line we'd eventually find our way out.

Jake raised his arm and pointed in a direction that was roughly ninety degrees to the way we had come. "How about that way?" he asked.

I nodded. "Sounds fine," I replied, and led him away from the Sentret, who was now trying to teach its new friend to bounce on its tail.

After perhaps three minutes of walking, we came across another Pokemon. A small Oddish was walking on the ground between two bushes, probably trying to find some lunch. It hadn't seen us yet, so I indicated it to Jake and shrugged my shoulders, asking him silently if he wanted to try and capture it.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Glameow(?); ??? Grotle(?); ??? Sentret(?); ??? Oddish(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

1x Pokeplayer
    1x Hyper Ball
    2x Park Ball
    2x Max Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

I chuckled at the Sentret as Chainy said, "sounds fine," to my request.

I had chosen a random direction because we had lost the path running away from the Grotle earlier and Chainy had a GPS. Still, although we could find our way out pretty easily with the GPS, I was pretty unnerved that we were in some really harsh landscape. It's interesting. People, including myself, don't really consider how difficult it is to travel across dense botany. The plants were less thick than at the woods area elsewhere in the island, there it would be perilous to travel at all off path, but they still were difficult.

We had been travelling for a while. It was getting a bit hotter and slightly darker as the day progressed, but nothing really to worry about. If we kept at the rate we were at, I would be out of the park with three fresh and new Pokemon before midnight. I had gotten a few scratches on my hand from blocking shrubbery in the way, but it was better than my face taking the hit.

Chainy paused and pointed to two small bushes. It took a while for me to adjust to the non-moving greenery after travelling, but soon my eyes focused on to a small bulb-like Pokemon. The Oddish was poking at one of the bushes insistently, as if trying to shake something loose. It was adorable.

I smiled at it. This is why I loved going to the island. I loved witnessing nature at such a pure level. I really didn't want to disturb it at all, and I hoped it wouldn't really pay any notice to me either.

"Let's move on, I don't really want one of those."
    Last edited by Tyranitex; 28th March 2011 at 12:01 AM.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Let's move on, I don't really want one of those," Jake said to me, and I nodded. Not many people came to the Gardens specifically for the purpose of catching an Oddish. Besides, this one looked perfectly happy as it was, poking around in some shrubs.

We began to sneak around it, making sure to keep its back to us. Unfortunately, as we were doing so, Jake stepped on a fair-sized twig, and a resounding crack echoed throughout the trees. The Oddish spun around and saw us, and it did something strange. Really strange, especially for an Oddish.

It's face took on a snarl, and it growled ferociously at us. This was one pissed-off Oddish, and I'd never ever seen an angry one before. I took an instinctive step backwards as it began to walk menacingly towards us.

"I think you should probably buy this thing off," I said nervously to Jake.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Glameow(?); ??? Grotle(?); ??? Sentret(?); ??? Oddish(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 1540

Pokemon Statistics:

Bold Female Empoleon[Nicknamed Saline] 100% (TM Flash Cannon <Torrent Ability>)

Item Statistics:

1x Pokeplayer
    1x Hyper Ball
    2x Park Ball
    2x Max Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

OOC:Rabid oddish. I lol'd.

So if you've ever seen an Oddish, you know that they are about a foot high with the leaves on their head. The body itself is only about five inches from stumpy feet to the beginning of the leaves.

Now, this Oddish didn't look much different form any other Oddish I had seen, at first. One of my early science teachers had taught me that although we may percieve species of Pokemon and plants to be almost indiscernible from one another, they have the same amount of differences as humans. The reasons humans tend to overlook these, it because we are tuned in to "human" characteristics. Different anatomy looks the same for us.

That said, if you saw this Oddish as it was looking at us, you would know that it was different from any other Oddish. To be truly (and embarassedly) honest, the first word that came to mind when I saw its face was 'badass'. It sounds funny, sure, but you should have seen it.

Firstly, its eyes were red, something that I had never seen in an Oddish before. Its next most prominent feature was the gnarly scar tracing the underside of its "belly" all the way up to just above its left eye. Its teeth were bared in a nasty snarl and its pose was not encouraging.

I agreed right away when Chainy offered, "I think you should probably buy this thing off," and I obliged by quickly exchanging some bills for a doll and rolling it slowly at the rabid Oddish.

I waited either for Chainy to tell me it was safe to go, or for the Oddish to whip out a woodland can of whup-ass on us.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC:

[Park Lords] 6:29 pm
    chainreactionrpg rolled 1 100-sided die: 2

ChainReaction01 6:29 pm
    awwww yeah
    MY STREAK CONTINUES

~~~~~

Jake passed me another wad of notes, and I handed him another doll, this one shaped like a Mawile. Making no unnecessary movements and being careful to go slow, Jake bent down and rolled the toy towards the growling Oddish. Its eyes narrowed as the plush Pokemon got closer and closer, and it stopped right in front of the Grass-typed Pokemon. It took exactly as long as an eyeblink for the Oddish to pounce on it and start tearing it to pieces with its teeth.

"Go, go, go!" I said urgently to Jake, pushing him in his lower back. We stumbled away from the pissed-off Wild Pokemon, getting as far away as possible. The jog I forced us into lasted for perhaps ten minutes, until the unusually angry Pokemon was far behind.

We took a quick rest - well, I couldn't keep going and panted while leaning on a tree for a little bit. As I did so, I cast a look around - we were actually on the edge of a clearing, and right in the middle of the clearing was a huge apple tree. A gravel path wound around the base of the tree and led to the left of the clearing - we'd found a path!

But the good news didn't stop there. I saw a small dark blue blob moving off the ground then returning to it with a thump. I used my visor to zoom in - it looks like Jake's luck had finally come in. The blue blob was a Munchlax, jumping up and down in an attempt to pluck an apple off a low-hanging branch.

"The Munchlax you came here for is just over there," I wheezed, barely able to lift my arm. "Go over there and start the battle - I'll be along in a minute."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Munchlax Voice Disk[FOUR USED]
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Glameow(?); ??? Grotle(?); ??? Sentret(?); ??? Oddish(?); ??? Munchlax(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

1x Pokeplayer
    1x Munchlax Voice Disk
    1x Hyper Ball
    2x Park Ball
    2x Max Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

OOC:
    You..
    are so sexy...
    *fondles your dice*

My insides jolted and I barely contained a squeal by shoving a fist into my mouth when I noticed the Pokemon.

I must have looked comical doing a silent victory dance in the small clearing, but I really did not care whatsoever. I just could not contain my joy. Besides, Chainy was the only one around and he didn't care. Speaking of Chainy, he had recovered a bit slower from the run as he was not aided by a big adrenaline rush, and he finally got vertical. So caught up in my joy, I hugged him tightly and, as it took me a little too long to realize, awkwardly.

I released him grinning and turned to finally consider the Pokemon in the terms with which I had come here.

It was struggling to reach a big apple placed just out of reach on a low branch. I was filled with sympathy. The poor Munchlax had been struggling this whole time and I hadn't even noticed. I looked back at Chainy, and then strolled with purpose over to the branch and the Munchlax, picking the juicy, red fruit off of the tree, and handing it to the dumpy Pokemon. From what I knew about the gluttonous but sweet spieces, was that they loved food and hopefully this would be seen as an act of kindness to help me get closer to it as a trainer.

I moved the fruit towards the Pokemons hopeful face...

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Lololol, as long as that's all you're fondling, buddy.

~~~~~

Jake's hand shot to his mouth to suppress a squeal of delight, a feat he only partly succeeded at. Caught up in the moment, he performed a strange little circle dance and then hugged me fiercely. I laughed - it was good to see someone get excited, especially in the Park.

Finally getting a hold of himself, Jake walked over to the tree branch and picked the apple off, offering it to the Munchlax. He moved it slowly closer, being careful not to make any sudden moves. There didn't seem to be any danger of the Munchlax running off, though - it happily took the apple from the human. It had a big bite, devouring easily one quarter of the whole apple, and then it took another. Finally, it held the apple over its mouth and dropped it in, crunching satisfiedly. It then nodded its thanks to Jake and took a few steps away from him but didn't run.

"I think it's willing to battle you," I said to Jake as I approached him from behind. The Munchlax nodded, agreeing with me.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Munchlax Voice Disk[FOUR USED]
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Glameow(?); ??? Grotle(?); ??? Sentret(?); ??? Oddish(?); ??? Munchlax(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 1258 / 35000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

1x Pokeplayer
    1x Munchlax Voice Disk
    1x Hyper Ball
    2x Park Ball
    2x Max Potion

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

OOC: Oh, it was a euphemism. So you can take it however you like.

I was overjoyed at the prospect. I loved to battle, and battles ending in captures were my specialty. My brain hummed as I mulled over my Pokemons' movesets, natures, and battling preferences, and formulated a plan. After a few seconds I was ready, excited and confident, to get this party started.

As I reached for Bambi's Pokeball sitting securely on my belt from the first battle and positioned myself on the opposite end of the clearing as the Munchlax, I turned to Saline and said.

"Bambi's going to go first on this one, but I want you to stay out just in case something goes astray with a fire move. You have permission to douse fires without my prompting, just don't attack the Munchlax and do not interfere with the battle without my command, OK buddy?" Saline nodded vigorously in understanding and sidestepped next to the apple tree in the shade in wait.

"Ok Bambi come on out and start it off with Nasty Plot for later and Smog to cover your moves!" I tossed the ball onto the gravel and it let loose a giant, red flash, which threw our battlefield in to sharp relief. I noticed Chainy off to the side watching attentively.

As Bambi's form began to crystallize from the red blob of energy that had been released, the flash suddenly dropped from dashing red to ominous burgundy. Despite the chill that trembled down my spine at the aura now over the clearing, I smiled slightly at my Houndoom's initiative and haste to start the battle off quickly and gain the upper hand.

Bambi's tail quivered as ethereal, bruise-colored tendrils grew like a ghostly fungus all over his body, and flailed in some nonexistent wind. It reminded me of a Japanese movie about demonic hate possessing the corpses of gods. Shadows in the meadow seemed enlarge and (did my eyes decieve me?) Bambi's horns grew a miniscule amount. His features sharpened and he threw open his eyes as the tendrils disappeared.

A snarl still etched upon his face, he breathed in sharply through his nose. I heard a small rumble like a distant explosion in the space of silence. He released his jaw and sent a cannon of toxic air soaring and spreading towards the Munchlax. The air immediatelly smelled like some terrible combination of pepper-spray, rotten eggs, and hydrogen peroxide. My skin tingled uncomfortably. I shielded my watering eyes and noticed an apple off to my side, shrivel and fall off the branch to which it was attached. I wiped the tears from my face and looked up to try and see what the attack had done to the Munchlax...
    Last edited by Tyranitex; 28th March 2011 at 07:06 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast