Individual RP: Turtwig A - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Individual RP: Turtwig A

Stumped Turtwig A's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: Turtwig A

Just what I expected. Charizard do tend to be as stubborn as they are tough, and this one was no exception. It was meaner and tougher than any Charizard I've seen before, the way it snarled and seemed to shake the ground. No way I can escape it without a fight, but I had no option but to. Elisa did offer me a Pokedoll, which gave me a great chance of escaping, though could I waste the money? I was a bit unwilling to spend the money, and with great reason.

It all goes back to my childhood. You see, I apparently (I actually have no idea of my place of origin due to a childhood event) grew up in this obscure region back who knows where. The place I go back to is the lake. Growing up there, I soon learned of the lake's owners money problem. They had to cut several corners and save in all possible areas, which obviously would affect me considering the lake was the only place I could consider home.

$500 doesn't seem like much though, and it couldn't do much harm to me in the future, right?

Anyway, right then and there, without a word, I took out the appropriate cash for getting a Pokedoll, computing the input and output of money in my head:

'$15650 is my current amount, right? So, if I were to take $500 from it, then I would have $15150. Woah, that is still a lot."

I seriously hoped I did make the right decision.

(20:56:57) Luxis: All y'all are a bunch of Silly heads.
    RIP Giruja. Why must you have been fake?

(17:58:01) daytwon: why am i watchin ot turtwig
    (17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

[15:26] Synthesis: he ain't godkilled
    [15:27] Ebail: Zam was Syn
    [15:27] Synthesis: it was an agreed sacrifice to the gods

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

NBP#5

A pondered his choices for a short moment before paying $500 without uttering a single word. I nodded, taking the cash with my right hand.

I rummaged through my bag, looking for just the right Pokedoll for this scenario. I found it. It was slightly larger than regular dolls, and was in the shape and form of an orange-colored Charizard. I tossed it at the wild creature as it roared once more, aiming it straight at the mouth.

I breathed a sigh of relief as the toy had reached its jaw just a second before it clamped it shut. I suddenly felt a sharp pain of dread as I watched the Pokedoll's white stuffing ooze out like rain water flooding through streets during a heavy thunderstorm.

"Let's go!" I shouted, grabbing the trainer's arm. I dragged him into the cave as I nodded to his Scolipede, telling him to follow.

I knew we had to get away from the Flam Pokemon as quickly as possible. Who knew how long that doll could keep him distracted? We would just have to keep on running, losing him by going further and further into the volcano through its extensive cave networks.

My hand dug into my bag, retrieving a flashlight. I shone out unnatural source of light at the cave, smiling as I remembered my first visit to the place. I could see a few stalagmites at the side of the cavern, and I was sure there were more from where we had come from as well as where we would be going. The ground was as rocky and rough as always...

"A--roonn..." We heard a call from the distance. I shone the light towards the direction the sound was coming from.

A small, round body walked nervously forward. It had four stubby legs, and a large, round head. Its had a dark-gray-colored body, and its eyes were a pale shade of blue. Portions of steel armor covered its head, legs, and back, which had a lone spike on it. Throughout the being's body were small openings in the armor: three of them were on its head, one, the largest, being the opening for its eye; and another one on its back below the spike.

"Would you like an Aron?" I asked the teen.

Trainer Statistics:

Name: A Turtwig

Encounters Left: 13
    Area Effects: Hot atmosphere, slightly dim cave, a few stalagmites and rocks sticking out here and there.
    Pokemon Encountered: Sandile (M, Rash)|Charizard (?, ???)
    Current Encounter: Aron (?, ???)
    Pokemon Captured: Sandile (M, Rash)

Total Items: 5 Parkballs, 2 Superballs
    MCR: 0/9000

Pokemon Stats

Flygon (F) -- 100%
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Hardy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Flamethrower, Hidden Power (Flying), Bulldoze, Substitute, Silver Wind, Stone Edge, Steel Wing, Struggle Bug, Hone Claws

Rex the Rampardos (M) -- 100%
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Cut, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, Rock Climb

Scolipede (M) -- 62%
    Ability: Poison Point
    Nature: Calm
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Rock Slide, Substitute
    <Currently Out of Ball>
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Blog Entries

OOC: Male, if Aron has a gender.

I can't believe how lucky I am. First Sandile, now this! If you need to know, the next encounter, after the Pokedoll did its magic, was a small Steel and Rock type called Aron. Aron looked like something that would be pretty cool when it evolved, and that statement actually turned out to be true, from my perspective at least. Later, I would find out about its evolution, Aggron, and notice that what I thought exactly at this moment was true. In between the two evolutions was something else, since Aron was one of the few that evolved twice. This one was called Lairon, and it looked like a steel and rock reptile to me. Like Aron, it feeds off of bridges and other things, causing some problems.

What to do, what to do? Scolipede had a couple of neat tricks, but I didn't think anything about it was applicable at this time. I had to switch it out, and had two choices. Flygon was one, and it was pretty good at holding its own, especially against those who really on attacking from the Ground. She would be a good choice indeed. Did I really want to send her out at this point though? She was a bit more daring than the others, and that could spell as much trouble as bridge eating itself. Did I really want to do this? There was one other option though, and I knew what it was very well and how dependable it was when it came to power.

Then there was Rampardos. I rarely ever let Rampardos out of its ball, because it was nothing short of a destroying machine. Its Head Smash packed way too much power that I didn't dare send it out unless completely necessary because of it. The worst part about Rampardos though, is that it can release a surge of water at the opponent. I fear that would cause flood or something with its power, and because of that I never use the move. Never have, never will. Oh for so long I've been hoping to even forget Rampardos has that move, but I don't know if it's simply out of fear, or just a feeling that I'll need it sometime.

If only I had taught Scolipede the ability to use Earthquake though (I did later, but this is my thoughts about this point during my journey/time). That would have helped a bunch, especially against a Steel/Rock. Then again, anything can overcome its weaknesses, even those who are weaker to said weakness than others. If they do, then they're definitely a tough cookie. Or piece of iron, or wood. Whatever floats your boat, though that's a sail.

At this time, I pull out two shiny red and white orbs. One, marked by a snake, is Scolipede's. The other, marked by an antlion, was Flygon's. I used the snake one to recall Scolipede, giving it some rest if it were to need any of it all, then threw the one marked by the antlion (Flygon's), causing, after a white flash, the appearance of Flygon.

"Okay Flygon," I started, attempting to ready it for battling, "what we have here is an Aron. Be careful against it if you're going physical; its Steel and Rock typing can probably hold off many of them, and hit us hard instead. Seriously, heed these warnings or we'll have to climb out of a huge rut."

I knew very well I didn't have to tell Flygon anything twice, but I had to just in case. If we didn't stay careful, we would never even have a slim chance to recover, and that, was, is, and will be nothing but bad.

Oh right, I have to command a move. Hm, maybe Earthquake, but that's a bit long range. A little fire might not do that much damage, and a little is what we're aiming for. A not very effective attack with a lot of power might be an awesome goal, or a super effective attack set to a lower amount of power. I guess it all depends, or doesn't. Hm, let's fight fire with fire, or in this case, Steel with Steel. Flygon has Steel Wing, a Steel type move which might be the right counter to the Steel type Aron. Yep, let's go with that. It's the best thing I have, so why not?

"Okay Flygon, let's fight likewise with like! I want you to use a Steel Wing on that Aron, but not so much that it instantly knocks it out! Think you can handle that? If you can't, then go for a Silver Wind, with a bit more power than usual to get at least a small amount of damage done. Okay?"

I knew I had to trust Flygon, but like usual, I held doubts, doubts that I might be asking for too much, that I was too confusing, that Flygon made a tiny mistake, that I just didn't trust too much, and of all of those, the last one was definitely the biggest one of me. It's like I have phobophobia or something, and yes phobophobia is actually a real thing. Look it up, and you might actually find it. Means fear of fears if you didn't know by the repeating phobo, though I'm fearing doubts. I'd still call it the same thing though, just because. Woah, getting way off topic now. It might be best if I were to end this entry right here, so I don't ramble out too much.

(17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

BP#1

I watched A ponder his options for a moment. Aron was a certainly strong and tempting Pokemon. Quite a number of people wanted to own a creature such as this. Aggron, its final-evolved form, was rather cool and strong as well. They, along with Lairon, fed on iron and steel - usually managing to destroy bridges and the like.

He pulled out two red-and-white spheres, and with the light of my flashlight I could just make out two distinct silhouettes; one was a snake, and the other, an antlion. Remembering what I had read on his Trainer File and Entrance Form, I knew what Pokemon he would use to battle the Steel-Rock-type. He had decided to bring a Scolipede, a Rampardos, and a Flygon. I was almost a hundred percent sure that the serpent-marked orb belonged to Scolipede, while the other one contained Flygon.

Just what I had expected. He recalled Scolipede to his Pokeball as he threw the Flygon's housing to the ground before us. With a "blinding" flash of white, which lit up the entire cave momentarily, the ball opened to release a primarily green-colored creature.

"Okay Flygon," A called out to his Pokemon, explaining their current situation to her, "what we have here is an Aron. Be careful against it if you're going physical; its Steel and Rock typing can probably hold off many of them, and hit us hard instead. Seriously, heed these warnings or we'll have to climb out of a huge rut."

The female creature growled in acknowledgment as she flapped her wings, and circled around the make-shift battlefield of the cave. The space we had for this fight wasn't the biggest, but I figured it would do. Lowering down Aron's health should not be too hard, it would probably being a lot like the encounter with Sandile. And seeing how well the trainer had done in that bout, I was rather confident he could do just as well - or better, even - in this one.

Speaking of which... A was deep in thought once more. This was pretty normal nowadays, and you really did have to think about your next move when in battle. Planning and strategizing your assault... It was all part of fighting in this Pokemon Universe.

"Okay Flygon, let's fight likewise with like! I want you to use a Steel Wing on that Aron, but not so much that it instantly knocks it out! Think you can handle that? If you can't, then go for a Silver Wind, with a bit more power than usual to get at least a small amount of damage done. Okay?"

This was something new... Or, maybe not. During my previous runs in any of the Park zones, I had never heard a trainer order conditionals. They weren't bad, though, and it was rather creative of this teen to do it. So, in this case, the conditional was: use a simple Steel Wing, but if you feel you can't do it somehow, then use Silver Wind instead.

The Mystic Pokemon began to gather energy, focusing them into her wings. They began to glow a very bright white color, which then slightly dimmed into a silver-ish aura - the gray color of steel. She flew quickly to the target, directing her weapon straight at the outer covering of the Iron Armor Pokemon.

A white light enveloped the wild entity after he had recovered from the Flygon's attack. He was shimmering a silver energy, much like that of the Steel Wing. Well, I wasn't surprised since they were, after all, both of the Steel-typing. He continued to glow. I knew what this move was, I had seen it before...

Once the light dissipated, the armor seemed to have been newly-polished - as if it had been recreated in just a matter of moments. His defenses looked as though it had been toughened up. Iron Defense, that's what its name was.

"That's gonna be a bit of a bummer... At least, for Physical attacks," I commented.

BATTLE STATS:
    Wild Aron (M, Rash)
    Health: 72.5%
    Currently Using: [none]
    Last Move Used: Iron Defense

..::VS::..

Flygon (F, Hardy)
    Health: 100%
    Last Move Used: Steel Wing

Trainer Statistics:

Encounters Left: 13
    Area Effects: Hot atmosphere, slightly dim cave, a few stalagmites and rocks sticking out here and there.
    Pokemon Encountered: Sandile (M, Rash)|Charizard (?, ???)
    Current Encounter: Aron (M, ???)
    Pokemon Captured: Sandile (M, Rash)

Total Items: 5 Parkballs, 2 Superballs
    MCR: 4823/9000

Pokemon Stats

Flygon (F) -- 100%
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Flamethrower, Hidden Power [Flying], Bulldoze, Substitute, Silver Wind, Stone Edge, Steel Wing, Struggle Bug, Hone Claws
    <Currently Out of Ball; Currently Engaged in Battle>

Scolipede (M) -- 62%
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Rock Slide, Substitute
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Blog Entries

OOC: Wow, wrote enough in this post for a Simple category story.
    BIC: Time to analyze the situation thoroughly and make a strategy. Okay, Aron has used the move that raises Defense by a large amount, which is also under the name of Iron Defense. That means that moves categorized under physical will do half as much, which makes moves that are physical and categorized under the types known as Fighting or Ground would be 2x effective technically, and moves that would fall under the jurisdiction of the water type and physical have a regular form of power against something that isn't weak to said type. I should take the chance of using a Physical Ground or Fighting move, since that would do a lot of damage, yet not SO MUCH THAT ARON HAS NO CHANCE OF SURVIVING EVEN AT LOWERED POWER AND STUFF damage

Well, then again, Flamethrower by Flygon is a pretty cool move, except for Flygon's sort of carnivorous qualities. It may swoop in, and actually start to eat Aron, something that I definitely would not want. I think I'd be held liable by the rangers and everything for a dead life forum as well. Maybe a simple Bulldoze should be enough for now. After all, it would slow Aron down as well.

Maybe I shot make this a double shot. One move at a time really seems quite boring, you know? A real battle isn't turn-based, it's free for all in what order you move, and this is battling a wild specimen. Even if rules were like one move at a turn during regular battles, that cannot be used here since we're focusing on capturing, not exactly KOing it and winning while it actually is sort of losing.

Yikes, this heat is making me dizzy. I can't think straight, I'll just have to make do with a Bulldoze followed by a random special move for now. Maybe Hidden Power? Sure, whatever. I just have to get through with this quickly, lest I pass out. Oh, that wouldn't be a good thing, and it seems a bit ironic how an environment this hot could be this dimmed as well. The sun must have real reflective powers among these mountains or something. Oh god.

The stalactites, hm. Maybe I can use them somehow. Yes, that's it! I won't use Bulldoze, just Hidden Power to cut off a single one of these things, then use it as a sort of sword against Aron. Flygon's hands may be tiny, but they exist, and I think that it can definitely have the power to lift one, but something in my head tells me it just will not work. Maybe a trap using these tiny spikes? That works.

I think I know how to execute that now. First, I'll use Hidden Power Flying to cut some stalactites and stalagmites off, then I'll use Bulldoze in an attempt to get the ground right below Aron to disappear. Some of the spikes will fall on Aron, and combined with the damage from the speed of falling down into the miniature pit, would do a large amount of damage. The others will hopefully line up around the tiny creature, trapping it as well. In theory, to say the least however. Who knows how much when you take everything into account, like density of the ground, sharpness of the spikes at the ground and top, and if I'm going to be asking Flygon too much with this. Maybe just cut off the top spikes, the pit will have Aron trapped anyway, no? Especially with the supposed to be secondary effect of Bulldoze, which is supposed to be the lowering of the speed of the one the move is used on. It makes the plan have much more time to be executed at its best.

Okay, I think I've got this all worked out. Maybe I should attempt capture right when it is trapped? If it has to come out, then it would land not far away, and couldn't be able to make that great of an escape pretty much. It's all set, but I still have to know that this plan is not flawless at all. It's simply a makeshift idea that should work, but I have no idea to tell why.

You know, it's at times like this in which I wished that those entities of the past were real. You know, Celebi, Dialga? I could go back in time and know if each plan worked out or not. Then again, that could cause a bit of a paradox, and topple the whole entire space-time continuum, which if I were responsible for, I'd regret for the rest of my life, if I managed to live beyond a couple days, let alone hours, minutes, or seconds.

I also have to decide which type of Park Ball I should use when attempting capture. I have regular Park Balls and then Super Balls, but do I really want to waste another Super Ball? A Park Ball gives me a lower chance of catching Aron, but I may find something else that I would really want to keep later on, and might need to use a second Super Ball on capturing that. You know what, I'll just have to take my chances with the regular Park Ball. It's not as great, but it still has a chance of working, and that is enough for me. Here's to this plan!

"Flygon!" I exclaimed, very excited to have worked out a plan, "I have a two step plan, please bear with me through it. First, I want you to use a Bulldoze, but not in the traditional way. I want you to use it to eliminate some ground under Aron, if possible, okay? If you have to hit it, do it at a much weaker state, so as to ensure that Aron isn't instantly knocked out, got it? After that, I'd like you to use Hidden Power to get some of those spikes around to hit Aron, and maybe trap it as well. Right after that, I shall throw this Park Ball."

Oh, forgot to take out a Park Ball! I quickly looked into my bag, and took out one rusty, dirty orb. It wasn't much, but it was still something.

"I hope this plan is successful, Flygon. Just at least try to do what I told you to. Whatever you do though, be careful. I don't want you to get hurt just because I want to get an Aron. Got it?"

Doubts were small in my mind, but still existent. Somehow, I had a feeling this plan was not possible, or that I was a bit too demanding. All I could do now, though, was wait. Wait as the seconds of a clock ticked, somewhere far.

(OOC: Got any questions, let me know.)

@Turtwig A
    BP#1

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

It was always Mount Deckbi. Ivy briefly wondered when all the hype would die down.

Since she went there so much, she knew the pathways and the landmarks by heart by now. It came in handy sometimes, like now, when she was subbing in on a run for another Ranger. Elisa had somewhere she needed to be, and they were unforgiving about letting her finish this run.

That's why she and Haji were ducking into the Deckbi caves. There were a lot of them, but she had spent a lot of time down here too. There was one thing she couldn't complain about; the sun didn't burn them up in here. A common route was heading into the volcano, so maybe that's where this Trainer wanted to go. They would catch up soon and find out anyway. The Espeon silently navigated to the source of energy, directing her with thoughts to her brain.

The caves were still a little muggy though, and she pulled at the collar of her turtleneck as she adjusted to the temperature. She wouldn't give up the covering clothes or the longer vest though; the protection was too valuable against all the cuts and scrapes she collected otherwise.

She came upon a Trainer battling an Aron with a Flygon, seeing Elisa watching from a little ways away. Ivy went over and got caught up on what happened so far, finding that they'd been down here for quite a while but the run wasn't really started yet. Elisa handed over the Trainer's first capture, a Sandile, and Ivy zipped it up into one of her vest pockets for safe keeping. Then she waved to the other Ranger as she departed.

She saw the sand dragon go into action after that. With a rumble of the earth, a somewhat deeper hole appeared under the small silver Aron that was on the other side of the field, creating some sort of pit underneath it. Then, the Flygon manipulated the air with some sort of Hidden Power, and some of the rocky spikes were cleanly sliced from the ceiling above the Steel-type, sort of making a cage fence around the hole.

It acted a bit like a cage, where there wasn't a lot of places Aron could go. He didn't seem too worn out though, so he probably had a few tricks up his sleeve yet. Turtwig, the Trainer, was trying a capture though. It wasn't a bad idea, considering the little Aron was a bit trapped.

He launched the standard Park ball through the cave, sailing over the rock fence he made and into the pit. The Aron was aware of this however, and he kept his eyes locked onto the device from under his steel plating. His feet churned up the dirt beneath him, and with a powerful shove, a spray of sand came up and knocked the Park Ball away, hitting it like a baseball bat and sending it back over the fence.

It landed on the other side, the farthest away from the Trainer, but it didn't look damaged from what she could tell. He'd be able to go pick it up later as long as it didn't get destroyed somehow.

Then the Aron proved it wasn't ready to give up yet, and with a powerful stomp, something she didn't think the little guy was capable of while stuck so far in that pit, the ceiling shook. Pieces of rock fell down, threatening to hit the dragon. A few fell in front of the pit, sort of blocking the way, and a few hit Flygon has they fell.

He called out as his wing was clipped, and he was sent spiraling to the dirt as another rock barreled into him from above. He landed more or less on his limbs as they all waited for the roof to stop moving.

Ivy saw the Aron keep churning the dirt in his pit, and then mud was flying up, coating the small no-long-silver creature. Ivy had a really hard time seeing him with his new paint job. Then, the small flecks of sand took flight and filled the room. The Ranger shook her head at the sandstorm. Visibility was super low now. She could still feel the Aron, but she had an even rougher time seeing him now.

Turtwig would have to be careful. The Aron wasn't worn out enough for a capture just yet, despite how it was trapped.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Rash M Aron: 56% [Def+2][Used Rock Tomb, Mud-slap, and Sandstorm]
    Hardy F Flygon: 88% [Used Bulldoze and Hidden Power]

---

Trainer Statis:

12 Encounters Remaining
    Area Effects: In a muggy cave.
    Pokemon Encountered: Sandile, Charizard, Aron
    Pokemon Captured: Rash M Sandile
    MCR: 10,644/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Items: 5 Parkballs, 2 Superballs

Pokemon Stats

Flygon (F) -- 88%
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Flamethrower, Hidden Power [Flying], Bulldoze, Substitute, Silver Wind, Stone Edge, Steel Wing, Struggle Bug, Hone Claws

Scolipede (M) -- 62%
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

This run ended due to Trainer request.

---

Trainer Stats:

12 Encounters Remaining
    Area Effects: In a muggy cave.