Individual RP: Sorocoroto - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Sorocoroto

Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: Sorocoroto

@sorocoroto

Jesse was ready to keep going. While I was out of the room he had healed his Metagross back to full strength, and he and his Lopunny had been looking around. After asking if Jesse was ready to continue, he turned to me and said, "sure, but hey do you think any of these papers would help us navigate through the plant any better?

"Well, I already know my way around here, because that's part of the ranger training, but you're more than welcome to hang onto those if you want. If you keep them maybe you'll see a specific area you want to go to when we reach a, for lack of a better term, fork in the road," I said to Jesse, and with that we were off yet again.

I lead Jesse back the way we came, though now that Chandelure had already made the way light for us the first time, traveling back wasn't so bad. Even if it was dark I knew there was a no threat of a Pokemon attacking us in the dark, but now that I thought about it since we were back at the hallway where we were before coming down to the lab rooms it made me need to ask Jesse something.

"So, which way would you like to go now? To the left, or to the right? Different ways will lead to different areas; one direction might lead us to a room with some old machinery, and the other would take us to some old conference, or computer lab rooms," I informed Jesse, waiting to hear which path he'd like to take.

Name: Jesse
    Area Effects: None
    Pokemon Encountered: Shinx, Minun, Weezing
    Encounters Left: 12
    Pokemon Captured: Jolly F Shinx, Adamant M Weezing
    CC since last Encounter:

Current Encounter:

Items: 4 Park Balls
    4 Super Balls
    5 Hyper Balls
    2 Calming Fragrances Plus
    PokePlayer
    Intermeditate Voice Disc Porygon
    Blank Disc
    2 Full Heals
    9 Super Potions
    10 Pokedolls
    1 Revival Herb
    Digital Camera

Pokemon: Lopunny @ 100%
    Nickname: Punpun
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Cut, Strength, Encore

Pokemon: Metagross @ 67%
    Nickname: Proton
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Docile
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Cut, Strength, Earthquake

Pokemon: Gastrodon @ 81%
    Nickname: Kingst
    Ability: Storm Drain
    Nature: Serious
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Surf, Strength, Flash

Pokemon: Muk @ 100%
    Nickname: N/A
    Ability: Stench
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Strength

Pokemon: Chansey @ 100%
    Nickname: Ally
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Gentle
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Psychic, Strength, Flash, Rock Climb

Pokemon: Charmeleon @ 100%
    Nickname: Ender
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Hasty
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Cut, Strength
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841
    Stats or something

Blog Entries

OOC: @Ebail

IC:"Well, I already know my way around here, because that's part of the ranger training, but you're more than welcome to hang onto those if you want. If you keep them maybe you'll see a specific area you want to go to when we reach a, for lack of a better term, fork in the road," Gary said.

Oh well, it was worth a try. We went back the way we came, which was easier now that we knew the path. We reached the hallway where I captured Shinx and then Gary asked a question.

"So, which way would you like to go now? To the left, or to the right? Different ways will lead to different areas; one direction might lead us to a room with some old machinery, and the other would take us to some old conference, or computer lab rooms."

I thought about what kind of Pokemon I would encounter in each. The old conference room might have another Poison-type Pokemon, while the computer lab room might have a better chance to get a Steel- or Electric-type Pokemon. The machinery room could have anything; the idea of it didn't really help me narrow down a specific type. So either way would result in the same way in my mind.

But which would be best to battle in? A machinery room would need a lot of space for the machine, but I would have to be careful of which Pokemon I would use. Metagross is too big if the machines were too close, and it just battled. I'll probably save him for later. Lopunny and Charmeleon would be able to get through any space that humans could, so they'd work. Muk would be able to get through anything.

"I've decided; let's go towards the machinery."

"A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

Blog Entries

@sorocoroto

"I've decided; let's go towards the machinery," Jesse told me.

"Alright, there we'll find Electric and Steel-types most likely. See the Steel-types are obvious, and the Electric-types in the past powered up the machines in there, and now several of them make that area their home," I told Jesse as I started leading him along the way.

A lot of the Power Plant looked alike, and if you didn't know your way around you could easily revisit the same parts over and over again. I wasn't worried about that though, because I knew my way around here. Along the way we passed several things such as, various test rooms, a kitchen, and bathrooms. Each individual area could easily be home to one, or several Pokemon, but for now I was just focused on taking Jesse to the areas with the old machinery.

We came infront of a room filled with cold steel, and machines. "Well we're here, not lets see what we find," I said to Jesse.

It was only a matter of moments before I heard the growls of a Pokemon, I couldn't help but think it was a very familiar sound, yet more aggressive; I couldn't quite put my finger on it. That is until a Pokemon appeared before me similar to one from before. It had a mixed body of blue, and black, with its upper half being blue, it had two yellow rings on each of its front legs, yellow eyes, and yellow on the inside of its ears, the excess fur on its head was black as if it were wearing a mask, and it had a star shape on the end of its thin tail.

"Well, I know you already faced a Shinx, but would you happen to want this Luxio?"

Pokemon Encountered: Shinx, Minun, Weezing, Luxio
    Encounters Left: 12
    CC since last Encounter: 1572

Current Encounter: Luxio

4 Super Balls
    5 Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Blank Disc
    2 Full Heals
    9 Super Potions
    10 Pokedolls
    1 Revival Herb
    Digital Camera

Stats or something

Blog Entries

OOC: @Ebail

IC:"Alright, there we'll find Electric and Steel-types most likely. See the Steel-types are obvious, and the Electric-types in the past powered up the machines in there, and now several of them make that area their home," Gary explained as he led me down the particular hallway.

Everything started to look familiar, but I think it was because of the design choices of the architect of the plant. Gary didn't seem to hesitate, though, as we went down hall by hall. We passed by some test rooms, a small kitchen area and some bathrooms. I laughed a bit, because I just expected some type of Pokémon to jump out at trainers who wandered in there to relieve themselves.

Gary seemed to bypass each one, but soon he announced, "Well we're here; now let’s see what we find."

I heard the familiar growl of a Luxio nearby. The evolved form of Shinx appeared before us. He looked like a larger, not quite as cute version of the light blue and black Pokemon I had first caught. The four-pointed star tail was longer, the black collar of Shinx had grown over the back of his head to accentuate cover the little blue tuft of fur and around the side of his head like a scarf, and each front leg had an additional yellow band on them.

"Well, I know you already faced a Shinx, but would you happen to want this Luxio?" Gary asked.

I thought about it. I had already had the pre-evolved form with me, and I would probably train it enough that it would evolve into a Luxio, anyways. Plus, Kitsu had a male Luxray already, so they might butt heads if I leave him at her place. But at the same time, I might not have the opportunity to face a National Park Luxio again.

Another thing was that I haven’t had the chance to survey the area to determine which Pokémon was best to use yet, as Luxio just showed up as we entered. If I make a mistake right out of the gate, I could damage the machinery.

“No, let’s just let it pass by. I need get a better lay of the area first before I want to battle. I need to be cautious.”

"A vampire with a soul? Oh my God ... how lame is that?" - Buffy Summers [S6x08]

Blog Entries

@sorocoroto

“No, let’s just let it pass by. I need get a better lay of the area first before I want to battle. I need to be cautious,” Jesse said to me. It was understandable, he already had a Shinx, so why would he want a Luxio?

"Lets see if we can get around this without any trouble," I said to Jesse. We started to continue walking, and Luxio just kept its eyes on us, and growled as we passed by. "Well it doesn't appear like it will be a threat so lets go see what we can find next," I said, as I lead Jesse along the way. As we went by we passed some more machinery; the feeling emanating off of the cold steel wasn't feeling right, it felt like something was there among the steel.

I looked around for a minute, and tried to investigate the scenery. Nothing seemed out of place, though I did hear something that sounded like machinery running. I couldn't help but think this was weird, because none of these machines should have been running. I soon found out my answer though, it had been a Pokemon doing this, a silver colored steel one. It was composed of three gears, one of them seemed to have a face, with one eye, and an x where the other eye should have been, its mouth open, and a green round nose. One of the other gears had another round green area like its nose.

"Well, would you like to battle this Klang?"

Pokemon Encountered: Shinx, Minun, Weezing, Luxio, Klang
    Encounters Left: 11
    CC since last Encounter: 2002

Current Encounter: Klang

4 Super Balls
    5 Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Blank Disc
    2 Full Heals
    9 Super Potions
    10 Pokedolls
    1 Revival Herb
    Digital Camera

Stats or something

Blog Entries

OCC: @Ebail 1)Are we going by the new MCR of the new Borderline? I’d like to know how hard I must work. 2) Genderless Klang, Obviously ;)

IC: "Let’s see if we can get around this without any trouble," Gary said.

He and I walked passed Luxio, who just kept watching us closely.

“That’s right, just walk on by,” the lion-like Pokémon said.

“Well it doesn't appear like it will be a threat, so let’s go see what we can find next," Gary said.

He walked ahead, and as I followed, I turned to see Luxio walking into a little alcove. There was a little Shinx, who popped its head out and curiously looked at us. It was considerably smaller than the one I had captured.

“Who is that, brother?” the little one asked as the Luxio stood next to it.

“That’s the trainer who captured our little sister.”

The little Shinx glared at me, growled and started to head towards us, ready to fight.

“No,” Luxio said, placing his paw on Shinx, halting it. “This is the way it has to be, little one. Our sister fought valiantly and was captured.”

“But… it’s not fair.” Shinx began to cry.

“You’ll come to learn. Come on; let’s go before they decide to come back.”

The two scampered off. Again I found myself cursing my Babel ears. Even though they didn’t fight me, their words hurt a bit all the same.

That’s it. If I happen to capture two more Pokémon, I’ll release Shinx back to her family. All these Pokémon have families; I’m not going to deny that. But when I see a little Pokémon crying over a lost one, it just gets me right in my beating chest.

I hurried up to catch up to Gary. We were passing by the large machinery. The looked like they weren’t running, which makes sense as there weren’t any people to run them. Even if the Electric-type Pokémon came around, I would think that they would want to just feed off the static electricity. If they did power them up, that would be an interesting thing to see.

I felt another presence amongst the dead machinery. I could tell that Gary sensed it too. I must have been thinking too loud, because now I started to hear the sounds of grinding gears. They sounded too loud to be some remnant parts of the machinery moving.

Gary started looking around before focusing in on a spot. I followed his gaze to what I thought to be the side of a machine. However, I was mistaken as the object in question started to float towards us.

"Well, would you like to battle this Klang?" Gary asked.

A Klang… This must have been one of those Unova Pokémon that I’ve heard about.

It looked so cool, but that must have been because it was new to me. It resembled an arrangement of three gears. Two gears were grinding against each other. They each had six teeth and a teal circular dome in the middle, though one was bigger than the other. The one with the smaller dome had a grey-like circular face, one eye that was a “normal” one while the other was a small “X” and a small black mouth. The other gear connected to a larger gear behind it with eight teeth. If you looked at it carefully, it seems like the smaller gear acts like the nose of the bigger one. As the bigger gear rotated, I saw that it also had two eyes, a black circle-shaped and a black square-shaped eye. That face’s mouth looked like a white circumflex symbol, the one that appears when you hit Shift-6 on a keyboard to denote powers in mathematical functions.

Needless to say, I was very intrigued about how this Pokémon native to the Unova Region Fought.

“Hells yeah!” I responded, reaching for my belt.

Now which Pokémon to use… Klang seemed like it was put together like a Magneton or Metang, and it also seemed like it had a metal body, so it was definitely a Steel-type. However, was it also an Electric-type? I guess I’ll deal with that when the time comes. Also, there seemed to be enough room for her to move around, her being my Charmeleon, Ender.

“Let’s go, Ender!”

Charmeleon appeared in front of us. She was a Shiny Pokémon, which rare to find. Her brilliant golden scales shone brightly against the red light she appeared from. She looked like a bipedal lizard with a horn on the back of her skull and an elongated snout. She had sharp claws and a long tail, the tip burning brightly with a large flame.

I had to think which move to use. Maybe I should use an Ember attack to start off. I began the command, but then stopped myself. I thought about what would happen.

Charmeleon’s flame would spark up, and her mouth would start to emitted red waves. She would pull back her head and then release a barrage of fireballs from her mouth towards Klang. The balls of fire would small, maybe the size of cherries, but they would be many in number.

I sniffed the air, didn’t smell any gas around or see any stray wiring here. But barrage of flames might hit some of the machinery, melting them. I should go for a more concentrated blast, like Flame Burst. But even then, small embers might spark off the impact.

I know!

“Use Fire Fang!”

Charmeleon would run towards Klang, her teeth radiating fire, causing her mouth to be engulfed by flames. Charmelon would then open wide and crunched down on Klang’s body. The heat of the attack would cause Klang’s body to melt for an instant, allowing the bite to do more damage. The attack left Charmeleon vulnerable if she wasn’t in trouble, though. It was a risk I knew she was willing to take.

Blog Entries

@sorocoroto

Jesse had been interested in facing this Klang, I don't know why but for some reason it really seemed to capture his interest. He would need to be careful though, among this machinery Klang could easily find areas to hide. This could lead to Klang doing some sneak attacks, this meant that Jesse would need to think crafty while he battled.

“Let’s go, Ender!” Jesse said as he threw his Pokeball in the air. From it came a Charmeleon, a Pokemon perfect for facing a Steel-type such as Klang. This was no ordinary Charmeleon though, no, rather than being red like other ones, this Charmeleon was more of an orange/yellow one in color. This meant that it was a shiny Pokemon, a very rare occurrence indeed. Though whether or not it was shiny wouldn't change the battle at all, so I was curious to see what Jesse would do first, especially with this machinery around.

“Use Fire Fang!” Jesse commanded his Charmeleon.

This was a pretty understandable way to start off the battle, this meant Charmeleon would keep Klang close range so it couldn't escape, and hide among the other steel. It also meant Klang could be burned, or even flinch. And to make things even better for him this would also keep Charmeleon from using so much power that it melts some of the machinery that Pokemon might make their home, or use still.

Fire Fang was a move in the serious of bite type moves. The user would open its mouth, and its teeth would start to turn a bright shade of red, the Pokemon using it would then jump at the opposing Pokemon, and along the way its mouth would erupt in a blaze. When the Pokemon got over to the other one it would take a big crunch out of the opponent, making it feel the bite, and flames from it.

Charmeleon launched itself at Klang, but Klang wasn't going to sit there and do absolutely nothing. It started to form a small bolt of energy in front of its face, within this bolt traces of electricity could be seen. As Charmeleon got closer the bolt grew and grew. Klang was preparing a Thunderbolt, and it was set to go off the second Charmeleon hit it. Thunderbolt was a good attack in deed. It would strike the opposing Pokemon with a bolt of electricity, causing it to circulate around the Pokemon's body, and even possibly paralyzing it.

Charmeleon sunk its teeth right into Klang, and you could see Kling wince in pain, but it was focused on Charmeleon, and it was able to fire off its Thunderbolt, causing Charameleon to step back and try to shake the attack off. The battle started, but both Pokemon already used some powerful moves, and neither side had gotten a benefit from either. I was curious to see how Jesse would keep battling a Pokemon he might not know much of anything about.

Current Battle Stats

Hardy G Klang @ 67% Used Thunderbolt
    Hasty F Charmeleon @ 83% Used Fire Fang

CC: 7521/9000

CC since last Encounter:

4 Super Balls
    5 Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Blank Disc
    2 Full Heals
    9 Super Potions
    10 Pokedolls
    1 Revival Herb
    Digital Camera

Pokemon: Charmeleon @ 100% Currently in battle
    Stats or something

Blog Entries

OCC: @Ebail

IC: As Charmeleon rushed towards the Steel-type Pokémon, Klang’s gears started winding fast. The friction from the gears caused them to start to spark between the faces. I began to think that my suspicion that Klang was like Magnemite or Magneton where true, as it seemed like Klang was about to use an Electric-type move. The spark wildly grew bigger and formed into a ball of electricity in front of Klang’s face.

Charmeleon was unwavering, though. She continued her charge, the flame on her tail rising as she charged her Fire Fang attack. Charmeleon’s mouth started to emblaze in a white glow. She sprung herself off the floor to get more momentum and twisted her head around, causing the fire-like aura to trail around her like glow sticks in a dance club.

Klang just kept building up its attack, which grew to the size of a grapefruit in front of the bigger gear. I realized that the attack was a Thunderbolt, but it seemed like Klang was holding onto it until the right time presented itself, probably when Charmeleon was the closest.

Charmeleon sunk her teeth into Klang’s smaller head, causing it to turn red from heating up. I could see steam rise up from where the attack hit. Klang’s pair of eyes winced in pain, but then they stared right at Charmeleon with a hint of vengeance in them.

The chaotic yellow and white orb fired a stream of electricity towards Charmeleon. The Thunderbolt crackled and sparked as it smacked right into Charmeleon’s neck and head. Charmeleon released her grasp and jumped about three feet back in order to try to compose herself. It seemed like she wasn’t paralyzed, but it also seemed like Klang didn’t receive the secondary effect of Fire Fang.

It was a shame, as it was always easier to catch a Pokémon if they had some status conditions on them. Maybe I should have started with Inferno. It was one of the most powerful Fire-type moves, with one of the highest chances to inflict burn on a Pokémon. However, the move took such a long time and effort to prepare, and even if Charmeleon had enough time to produce the large pillar of blue fire, she would still have to locate Klang and fire the large column of fire towards it. One, Klang would have probably either countered or hid amongst the machinery, and two, the extremely powerful attack was sure to damage anything that it even remotely came close to.

I was still able to keep close Charmeleon close to Klang, though. I didn’t want it to get too far away. But, Charmeleon didn’t have any other close range Fire-type attacks, and Klang would be better able to counter Fire Fang after it saw it the first time. But what to do next… Charmeleon’s other close range attacks were all Normal-type moves, which Steel-type Pokémon like Klang would resist.

I had an idea. Whenever Charmeleon used a Fire-based attack, her tail would grow in size. I could use that to my advantage.

“Ender, use Ember, but concentrate all the energy in your tail and then strike Klang with it.”

Charmeleon understood. Her tail would rise up, but instead of her mouth shining red flames, her tail would grow and surround itself in a red aura, representing the intense heat that was being built up in it. The flame would continue to grow to the size of watermelon. Charmeleon wasn’t that far from her target, but would take a few steps to make sure she was in range of the Unova Pokémon. She would then whip her tail back and forth, smacking Klang’s steel-body.

I wasn’t sure if I should throw a Pokéball after the attack. I made sure I knew which pocket my Super Balls were in, but I think that I needed to wait until I evaluated the damage done to Klang by this hybrid Ember-Tail Whip kind of attack. I knew Charmeleon didn’t know how to use Tail Whip in the way that it was supposed to lure the opponent into a false sense of security, lowering its defensive stats, but she had a tail, so why couldn’t she try to attack with it?

But even if it did work, I felt that I would have to attack Klang once more in order to secure a capture.

Blog Entries

@sorocoroto

Jesse had been thinking of what he should do next. It was understandable; one hand he didn't want Charmeleon to do such a powerful attack that it knocks Klang out, but on the other hand he didn't want to damage Klang so little that it gained the upper hand.

“Ender, use Ember, but concentrate all the energy in your tail and then strike Klang with it," Jesse commanded his Charmeleon. This wasn't a bad idea, it was a relatively weak attack, but by having Charmeleon use the attack via the flame on its tail it would probably increase the strength of the move a little bit more.

Ember was a pretty simple attack. The Pokemon using it would generally spit out a small flame at the opponent, causing it to spread when it came on contact with the Pokemon it was to hit. It was far weaker than Flamethrower, but it did have the chance of causing a burn still. In this situation it was the right choice of moves.

Charmeleon, rather than release a flame from its mouth, started to charge up energy in its body. It was then surrounded by a red blazing aura, and the flame on its tail doubled in size. It set its sights right on Klang, and launched itself at the steel Pokemon. Klang, however wasn't going to just do nothing. It do made an attack of its own, it had been forming a minor wave of energy within its mouth. In this energy traces of electricity could be seen charging the beam. Klang was once again ready to fire the attack once Charmeleon got close to it.

It was an instant of a back and forth struggle. Charmeleon was smacking Klang with its tail repeatedly, while at the same time Klang was firing its Charge Beam all over Charmeleon. This could have ended bad for Charmeleon; Charge Beam had a pretty high chance of increasing the Special Attack of the Pokemon using it, and Klang did in fact look stronger as the attack was happening. Both Pokemon finished attacking the other at the same second, it was something extraordinary for sure. It was almost as if both sides planned for the attacks to go this way, and keep the battle as even as possible. Neither side was beaten yet, but both were weakened, and that fact that the battle to this point had all been close combat made it certainly a lot more interesting. This was going to have a good ending, that was for sure.

Current Battle Stats

Hardy G Klang @ 47% Used Charge Beam
    Hasty F Charmeleon @ 71% Used Ember

CC: 11536/9000

CC since last Encounter:

4 Super Balls
    5 Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Blank Disc
    2 Full Heals
    9 Super Potions
    10 Pokedolls
    1 Revival Herb
    Digital Camera

Pokemon: Charmeleon @ 100% Currently in battle
    Stats or something

Blog Entries

OOC: @Ebail Attempting to catch it; also, in future encounters, could you tell me what the difficulty for the mon when I first encounter it, since I don’t remember what they were before the change?

IC: Charmeleon cried out, as it seemed like yelling helped when charging up a move for some reason, and she became engulfed by a blaze-like aura, rising up through her golden scales. Her tail burned brighter as it seemed to absorb the aura that she was releasing and the Charmeleon dashed towards Klang.

Klang’s larger gear started to spin faster and faster. The smaller head opened its little black mouth wide, the static electricity building up inside it. The energy formed into a surging yellow wave that was ready to fire. Of course, Klang would wait until Charmeleon struck first before releasing the move point-blank.

Charmeleon leapt in the air and turned, smacking Klang repeatedly with her large flame-emblazoned tail. The hot temperature of the tail created red bruise-like markings on Klang’s metallic body, but it did not yield nor stop its charge.

Klang’s larger gear stopped spinning almost immediately, and then the smaller gear released a giant wave of electricity at Charmeleon. Charmeleon’s body was hit by surges of electricity, but she didn’t back down either, landing a few more fire slaps. Right as the wave stopped streaming, Charmeleon’s aura returned to normal, and the two faced each other once again. However, the attack that Klang had just used, Charge Beam, had left residue static electricity on Klang, which it could then use for extra power later.

Klang looked tired, but still raring to go. It was a good thing that I held off on using a Pokéball until after Charmeleon’s next attack. But, yes, I was going to attempt to capture it right after the next move.

The two were at a standoff. It was interesting. I hadn’t noticed it before, but there was a certain pattern arising. Charmeleon would attack close range, and Klang would just take it. Klang would then fire off a ranged attack right when Charmeleon was close enough to dodge it. Klang wasn’t using any tricks or combination moves, just straight up go blow for blow. It never tried to dodge an attack. I could use that.

“Ender, wrap this up with Ember from a distance this time.”

Charmeleon nodded for she knew that I meant that I was going to throw a Pokéball right after the two traded blows.

The two Pokémon were still close to each other, and if my theory was correct, Klang would prefer to take the attack head on or fire off its own attack to counter it. It hasn’t tried to attack from a distance, yet, and if I was right about its nature, it wouldn’t. Plus, this way, it would create and epic climax to an already awesome battle.

This time, Charmeleon’s aura would focus around her snout. Her flame would increase in size, yes, but the energy would well up from her fire sac deep within her body, up her throat, be increased by the air from her lungs and finally released directly at Klang’s body in the form of baseball-sized fireballs. It would release a short barrage, before clearing the way so I could use my Pokéball to try to catch Klang. I hoped that the move wouldn’t knock Klang out, but as the last Ember was being enhanced by the added blunt damage from Charmeleon’s tail, it seemed like a safe bet.

Just in case Klang decided to dodge out of the way, though, I readied Kingst’s, my Gastrodon that battled against Shinx earlier, Pokéball in my left hand. I could use his Water-type attacks and mud to put out the fires. However, I think that it would be unnecessary.

In my right hand there was a Super Ball, the same type of ball used to catch Weezing. Now, I wasn’t sure if this Klang was a basic or a 1st stage, but it didn’t seem like it was fully evolved yet. So, a Super Ball was a safe bet for now.

The two Pokémon would use their last attacks, damaging each other.

I activated the moss-colored camouflaged Super Ball for capture and then threw it towards Klang, praying that this will be the first Unova-based Pokémon I would be able to add to my team.

Blog Entries

OOC: @sorocoroto Sure, if you run into something that had its rank changed I'll point out its old character requirement.

“Ender, wrap this up with Ember from a distance this time,” Jesse commanded his Charmeleon. At this point it probably only would need to use one final move against Klang before it was catchable. Jesse knew the same thing, and pulled out an empty Super Ball, ready to toss it directly at Klang when the opportunity presented itself.

Charmeleon was told to once again use Ember, only this time it was to use it from a distance like the attack was intended. This made sense, I mean in the worst case scenario the attack would miss Klang, but then Klang would have no way of avoiding the Super Ball. Either way you looked at it Jesse was trying to wrap this up this turn. Charemeleon formed the small flame within its mouth, and set its sights on Klang. The aura emitting from the blaze was bright, Charmeleon wasn't holding back, but Klang wasn't about to just sit there and be abused either.

As the flame approached Klang it started to once again form electricity before its eyes, only this time it was a much smaller amount. Rather than a massive bolt, this was just a small shock of energy. It was using Thundershock, a unique move for Klang to know indeed, it, as well as its evolutionary line, were the only non-Electric-type to be able to know Thundershock. It wasn't a powerful attack, but at the same time it didn't seem like Klang was trying to out do Charmeleon either, more like it was trying to keep it an even battle, even though it was out-typed.

Both attacks hit at the same time. Charmeleon felt the shocks of electricity swarm throughout its body, whilst Klang got hit dead on in the face with the flame from Ember. Jesse, seeing this took his aim, and tossed the Super Ball right at Klang. Klang did try to put up a fight when it got trapped within the ball, but alas it was pointless. Klang was captured, securing a third Pokemon for Jesse.

"Well congrats. That's the fastest I've ever seen anyone catch three Pokemon. Now though, as I'm sure you know, you can only leave the Park with three Pokemon at once. This doesn't mean you need to leave with these three of course. You could capture something else, and send one of these Pokemon back into the wild, or you can just take what you have now, and call it a day. Its entirely your call," I said to Jesse, as I waited to see what he would do.

Encounters Left: 10
    Pokemon Captured: Jolly F Shinx, Adamant M Weezing, Hasty G Klang
    CC since last Encounter:

Current Encounter:

3 Super Balls
    5 Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Blank Disc
    2 Full Heals
    9 Super Potions
    10 Pokedolls
    1 Revival Herb
    Digital Camera

Pokemon: Charmeleon @ 64%
    Stats or something

Blog Entries

OCC: @ Ebail I just noticed that Metagross’s Health hasn’t been changed since I used the Super Potion on it.

IC: Klang’s gears wound again, albeit not as fast as earlier. A small bolt of energy formed in front of it. As Charmeleon released her large fireball, Klang released a Thundershock, a move that was at par with Ember power wise. It seemed like Klang wanted to keep things even.

The two attacks impacted, small explosions surging as the fire and electricity passed on antoher. Thundershock struck all over Charmeleon’s body, but she was still holding strong. The Ember attack struck into Klang’s face, heating it up, which caused the Steel-type Pokémon pain.

I lifted the Super Ball in my arm, imagined that Klang was a Psyduck-cardboard cutout at one of those games at a carnival, and threw the ball straight at the large blue spot on it.

Klang was sucked into the ball, causing it to shake from the struggle. The ball stopped its shaking, and I had caught my first Unova Pokémon.

“Well congrats,” Gary said as he walked over to the Super Ball, picking it up. “That’s the fastest I’ve ever seen anyone catch three Pokémon. Now though, as I’m sure you know, you can only leave the Park with three Pokémon at once. This doesn’t mean you need to leave with these three of course. You could capture something else and send one of these Pokémon back into the wild, or you can just take what you have now and call it a day. It’s entirely your call.”

I thought about it. The day was still young, and I didn’t have much to do when I got back to Kanto except thwart an evil organization or two. Kitsu probably misses me by now, though, she is on a berry hunting competition, so I have plenty of time before I have to get back. Plus, that Shinx and Luxio would miss their sister. It’s decided.

“I want to keep going. Let me just heal my Ender, and we can get going.”

I pulled out another Super Potion and sprayed it on my Charmeleon. The residue electricity wasn’t so bad, since she was grounded. Her bruises started to vanish, and she smiled after a very even battle.

“That was a good battle, Ender. Now, you deserve a rest.” And with that, I returned her to her Pokéball to rest mentally. “Alright, where to?”

Blog Entries

OOC: @sorocoroto Yeah, I musta missed updating it in the stats.

IC: “I want to keep going. Let me just heal my Ender, and we can get going,” Jesse replied. I couldn't blame him really, sure he already captured three Pokemon, but he's only seen five Pokemon so far, so that still left several things he could possibly encounter, and maybe other things he'd want to catch. Who knew really, because different trainers had different taste in Pokemon.

“That was a good battle, Ender. Now, you deserve a rest.” Jesse said as he returned his Charmeleon to its Pokeball. “Alright, where to?"

"Well, there doesn't appear to be any more Pokemon here, so let's head west down some hallways, a lot of times Pokemon do like to roam in the hallways, because it offers a lot of free space." And with that we were off once again.

We headed down some hallways, passing a few rooms along the way. I checked each one to see if anything was in them, but unless a Pokemon was hiding itself, these rooms were empty. Though it didn't take much more walking before I heard a faint growl. It was a growl I already heard once on this run, yes it was all too familiar. Before us appeared another Shinx, just like the one from earlier.

"Perhaps this Shinx is a relative of the one you capture," I said, as I turned my head to Jesse. "I'm sure you have no interest in battling this, but still, I have to ask anyway."

Pokemon Encountered: Shinx, Minun, Weezing, Luxio, Klang, Shinx
    Encounters Left: 19
    CC since last Encounter:

Current Encounter: Shinx

3 Super Balls
    5 Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer
    Blank Disc
    2 Full Heals
    7 Super Potions
    10 Pokedolls
    1 Revival Herb
    Digital Camera

Pokemon: Metagross @ 100%

Stats or something

Blog Entries

OOC: @Ebail I know this is probably not the way to use Pokedolls and that I could have waited to see what the roll was, but this felt better rp-wise.

IC: “Well, there doesn't appear to be any more Pokemon here, so let's head west down some hallways, a lot of times Pokemon do like to roam in the hallways, because it offers a lot of free space," Gary said, leading me once again.

The hallways here seemed a lot more open than previously. Gary poked his head into a few of the rooms that we passed, but I guess he didn't see anything, because he just kept going. As we were walking, I felt the presence of something following us.

"You took my sister."

And I knew exactly who it was. We turned around to see Shinx, the same one that I had noticed talking to the Luxio from before. I could see the anger and sadness in his eyes.

"Perhaps this Shinx is a relative of the one you captured," Gary said, "I'm sure you have no interest in battling this, but still, I have to ask anyway."

I walked up to Shinx slowly, Shinx growling under his breath.

"I'm sorry, little one. Please don't be angry at me."

I put my hand out to show my regret. Shinx bit me, but it seemed like his fangs hadn't come in yet, and it only hurt a bit. I have a high threshold of pain from all the adventures that I've been in, that a little bite like this didn't faze me. Shinx saw that the bite didn't have an effect, so he just let go of my hand and lowered his head.

"It's not fair," he said, letting the tears form. "Why do you Human keep coming here and capturing us. I just don't understand."

He was still too young. His body posture was sluggish and simple. He wasn't really a battler. He was just a brother.

I kneeled down and brushed the top of his head. Shinx cried as I tried to explain. "See, trainers come to the park to capture strong Pokemon. Pokemon battle trainer, because they see it like a way to test their ability. If they are captured, then they can be sure that the trainer will help improve their own abilities."

"But... She can get better here with her family. She was supposed to help me get strong too. Please, give her back!"

"I know," I said, feeling my conscious getting the better of me. "I'll make you a deal. I'm probably going to catch some more Pokemon while I'm here. After my run is over, come find me near the exit, and I'll release your sister to you."

Shinx perked up when I said this, but he had a suspicious look on his face. "How can I be sure?"

"Well, here is a sign of good faith." I reached into my pouch and pulled out a Pokemon Doll. They came in a variety of Pokemon, but the most common one was a Clefairy, like this one. "I'll give you this, so that you won't be lonely until your sister comes back."

I placed it down on the ground. Shinx sniffled the tears away and grabbed the doll with his teeth. He turned around and scampered off, but not before I heard him say, "You promised, no take-backs!"

I closed my pack, slung it around my shoulder and stood back up. Turning to Gary, I said, "Let's keep going."

Blog Entries

@sorocoroto

As I figured Jesse didn't want to face this Shinx. Jesse seemed to be on the ground communicating with the Shinx, probably talking to it about the Shinx he captured earlier. He got up, and rather than just try to walk away from it, he gave this Shinx a Pokedoll to keep it distracted, and play with. "Let's keep going," Jesse said to me, after giving Shinx the Pokedoll.

I started leading him down another hallway, keep my eyes peeled, and ears opened for any Pokemon that may be around. We continued walking around, and there were no Electric-types roaming around on the ground, nor did I see anything in the air. Though, not much longer later I heard some flapping, and some very shrill screeches. Up in the air appeared a small blue bat, it had purple on the inside of its ears, as well as on the underside of its wings, it had tiny legs, and small beady eyes, as well as very sharp fangs.

"Well, would you like to face this Zubat?" I asked.

Pokemon Encountered: Shinx, Minun, Weezing, Luxio, Klang, Shinx, Zubat
    Encounters Left: 8
    CC since last Encounter: 2889

Current Encounter: Zubat

3 Super Balls
    5 Hyper Balls
    PokePlayer