Individual RP: Siless - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Siless

Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: Siless

Gardevoir VS Doduo: BP-2

Ranger John Shay

"Sela, Torment Doduo to scare it away. If that doesn't work, go after it with a Thunderbolt!"

This was a peculiar strategy. Torment was not really a move that was used often to scare away Pokemon; that was best left to moves such as Roar and Whirlwind. Not only that, but it was nearly impossible to scare away a National Park Pokemon in the midst of battle. The Pokemon here were just strong-minded in general - I had never even heard of a successful Roar or Whirlwind in the National Park. It was one of the reasons the Pokemon in the Park were so popular.

Sela stared into Doduo's eyes, preparing the Torment move. Immediately, the Pokemon started to blink, and shook its heads wildly. That would be the distracting nature of the Torment move, I figured. I waited to see if the Pokemon would run away, but I was not surprised when Doduo stood its ground.

Since Doduo did not run, Sela moved on and used Thunderbolt. She held her hands together, and a bolt of electricity quickly formed and zapped Doduo. The Pokemon shrieked loudly and crumbled. Was the battle over?

No. Slowly, Doduo got back up on one foot. In an odd kneeling sort of stance, Doduo looked up at us. It was wincing in pain, and clearly had very little fighting energy remaining. There was a lack of focus in its eyes which suggested the Torment was definitely still in effect (though there was no reason for it not to be). However, it was still going to keep battling.

"Doduo!" Doduo called faintly, struggling to get back on to both of its feet. It took a weak step forward, and then jabbed at Sela with one of its beaks. It looked as though the attack was going to come up short, but managed to scrape Sela's side with its quietly long neck.

Sela winced a little as the blow landed with a soft thud, but it was clear the move had only done a little bit of damage. Now, Siless had an easy opening to end the battle.

Battle Statistics
    Gardevoir VS Doduo
    Gardevoir: 83%, used ThunderBolt
    Doduo: 7%, used Peck

Trainer Information
    Name: Siless
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Pokemon Captured: Petilil
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 3808/9000
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Petilil Voice Disk (4 uses left)
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

Pokemon: Gardevoir (100%, in battle)
    Nickname: Sela
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Mild
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up, Heal Bell, Will-o-Wisp

Pokemon: Roserade (88%)
    Nickname: Cosmos
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Careful
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Sludge Bomb, Flash, Cotton Spore, Swift, Solarbeam, Hidden Power Electric

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

"Push it away with a Psychic!"

Doduo was on its last legs, even a more utility use of a move that didn't allow for its whole power would likely lead to a knock out. If, by some miracle (or a swallowed Focus Band) that it managed to keep fighting, the distance would allow a quick second hit on Sela's part to finish it. As funny as it would be to see Doduo keep fighting (funny-interesting, not funny-ha-ha), I really wanted to get on with my run, and the battle was just prolonging both my use of resources and the time it takes for me to find a new Pokémon. Still, I suppose we needed all the practice that was forced on us… or I guess more of it never hurt to practice beyond the wounds incurred during it.

Blog Entries

Gardevoir VS Doduo: BP-3

Ranger John Shay

Siless claimed his chance to end the battle instantly.

"Push it away with a Psychic!" he ordered.

Sela was as eager to get on with the run as Siless was. She immediately started glowing a radiant hue of blue, and the same aura of psychic energy surrounded her target. Suddenly, the Doduo was repelled forcefully into the flowers. The Pokemon was clearly fainted.

"Sunkern, Sunkern!" the Pokemon cheered loudly from Siless' shoulder. It seemed to have taken a liking to Siless despite their battle earlier.

I smiled at the adorable Pokemon. "Well done, Siless. Are you ready to continue?"

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 0
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

Pokemon: Gardevoir (83%)
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up, Heal Bell, Will-o-Wisp

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Sludge Bomb, Flash, Cotton Spore, Swift, Solarbeam, Hidden Power Electric

[18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]

"Are you ready to continue?"

Doduo was down, and Sela seemed much more relaxed, though I would probably use Cosmos next battle to give Sela a chance to rest. Assuming the next battle wasn't started by whatever we come across attacking me again. Sela didn't take too much damage, but even with her happy expression she seemed stressed. Even though the only major restriction on her healing powers was time, they wouldn't be as effective when she was stressed like this, and while a Wish would help relax her mind, usually a short walk did far more in a much shorter amount of time.

"Yeah, let's get going. It's probably best if Sela got a relaxing stroll in before she battled next." She responded well to the thought, sending a slight feeling of joy into the air.

Blog Entries

NBP-7

Ranger John Shay

"Yeah, let's get going. It's probably best if Sela got a relaxing stroll in before she battled next," Siless responded.

I looked at Sela. Indeed, she did seem to be just a little fatigued from the battle with Doduo. The Gardevoir was slightly hunched over and panting very faintly, but most noticeable of all was a certain bit of stress in her eyes. It did take a bit of studying to notice, but Sela could clearly have gained from a relaxing walk through the flowers. It would definitely replenish her stamina.

"We're getting close to the end of the flower garden," I told Siless as we began walking. "The path will keep going into an area with knee-high grass, and we'll be walking through that for a while. There'll be multiple small ponds in that area as well, but those ponds are completely devoid of any Water-type Pokemon."

We continued walking for a few more minutes. It was a very peaceful walk, and it was clear as day to me that Sela was getting more and more relaxed with each step. It was nice and sunny out, and birds were chirping as they flew across the clear skies leisurely. It was a very tranquil day.

The tall grass quickly became visible on the horizon. We were probably two or three minutes away from entering the tall grass. I pointed this out to Siless.

Suddenly, something behind us meowed. I turned.

"Purugly!" the Pokemon repeated. It must have been following us. The fat gray-and-white cat had a pompous look on its face, and was eyeing Siless with particular interest. It meowed once more, and it almost seemed to be asking for a battle with Siless.

"Siless, I think the Purugly would like to battle. Are you game?" I asked Siless.

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, Purugly, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 765
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

I wasn't really up to a battle with a Purugly. I didn't want to catch one, and Purugly was strong enough to be able to cause serious damage if we got into an extended battle with it (and strong enough to force said extended battle, since it was built like a tank). I tried shooing the cat away. Maybe it would get the idea that I didn't want to battle and leave us alone, but if it did, I had an idea to get us out relatively unscathed. I might have wanted to catch it any other time, but at the moment my priorities were Grass-type and very certain Normal-type Pokémon, and Purugly was neither of the ones I wanted.

Blog Entries

NBP-8

Ranger John Shay

Siless shook his head yet again, clearly not interested in Purugly. He tried shooing the Pokemon away, waving his hands at it.

"Purugly..." A look of irritation grew on the Pokemon's face. The Pokemon sniffed, as though it believed it were above this crude gesture. It stared at Siless, and didn't move an inch.

"Shoo!" I tried, mimicking Siless' gesture. When that didn't work, I tried tossing a treat over Purugly's head, hoping it would chase the treat. The feline ignored the treat and continued staring at Siless.

"Oh boy. You're going to have to battle this Pokemon as well, Siless. It's clearly a stubborn one, and I think it wants to battle you," I said to Siless. It was really horrendous luck that he had had to battle every single Pokemon thus far; none of them had allowed him to pass by without a battle. However, this Pokemon was clearly not going to let Siless pass without a fight.

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, Purugly, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 1381
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

I wasn't going to fight a battle against a strong opponent I didn't want to catch if I could help it. I really only had one choice in the matter. I reached into my pack and tossed the large cat Pokémon one of my Pokédolls; whether they are used as bribes or distractions or targets for aggression, they were a fail-proof method of escaping a battle against the standard wild Pokémon.

"Let's get going. Purugly has something else to focus on." As far as I was concerned, the 'battle' was won; we got past the challenge without expending too many resources, and we could move on. I was getting slightly flustered at the Pokémon's inability to accept a denial of a challenge, though. Hopefully we'd come across one that would be more "Hey, you don't want to battle, 'tis cool."

Blog Entries

NBP-9

Ranger John Shay

Siless sighed in annoyance, and removed a Pokedoll from his bag. He tossed the item at Purugly. The Pokemon blinked at it momentarily, surprised and also seemingly annoyed. For a moment, it didn't move. I was surprised, thinking that maybe it considered itself above even Pokedolls, which had the power to lure in and distract all Pokemon.

Then, the Purugly jumped on the Pokedoll. It seemed the temptation had been too much. No surprise there, however. I had never seen a Pokedoll fail to accomplish its duty.

"Let's get going. Purugly has something else to focus on," Siless said.

I nodded, and we continued along the path. Soon enough, we reached the end of the flower garden and the beginning of the tall grass.

"Sunkern!" the Pokemon cried from Siless' shoulder, clearly saddened.

I nodded. This was where Sunkern would have to leave us. The flower gardens were its home, and it belonged in that area.

I wished my goodbyes to Sunkern. Suddenly, the Pokemon's large brown eyes widened, focusing on something behind me. There was no fear in Sunkern's eyes - it actually seemed much more like amazement. I turned immediately.

"Mew!" the New Species Pokemon cried.

My eyes grew big as well. The Pokemon which was said to contain the DNA for all other Pokemon within its body: Mew. The pink fairy was hovering at about head level, and twirling in the air playfully. Her blue eyes were twinkling, and her long tail snaked gracefully through the air.

"Mew!" the Pokemon repeated, winking at Siless playfully.

"Well, aren't you lucky to come across such a rare Pokemon." I smiled to Siless. Sunkern cheered happily, clearly feeling the same way I did about our encounter with the legendary Pokemon.

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, Purugly, Mew, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 775
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -3x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

I smiled. It was amazing that I would come across the legendary Mew in a run of my own (though at this point no longer surprising; it seems Mew made a point of seeing everyone that came through eventually). I grabbed my camera from my pack (Mew particularly liked having pictures of it being taken, if I recalled correctly) and I snapped a picture.

"It's good to see you again." The first time I saw Mew, I was running through the Garden's as a ranger for a higher-up in the park organization. Even though he couldn't get the Pokémon he went in for, he was ecstatic after just seeing the 151st Pokémon in the National Pokédex. To me, though, it felt like seeing an old friend, and I had a feeling that I'd be seeing a lot more of Mew around.

Blog Entries

NBP-10

Ranger John Shay

Siless smiled as well, rejoicing in our meeting with Mew. In his eyes, there seemed to be something that resembled familiarity. Looking closer at Mew, I could see the same thing. They must have met each other before, although the silence between the two suggested they hadn't built a particularly close relationship.

Siless took out his camera, and snapped a few photos of Mew. Those would be worth quite a bit, and while it seemed almost inhuman to take pictures of legendary Pokemon for money, the legends in question were always more than happy to help out the Trainers. Thus, it had become common for Trainers to take photos when they encountered legendaries.

"Well, we should probably get a move on," I commented. We wished our farewells to Mew and Sunkern. I watched as the two talked a bit, and Mew allowed Sunkern to hop on her back. They flew off towards the gardens, and I smiled once more.

Siless and I began trekking through the tall grass. It was much tougher terrain than the path through the flower gardens, though it wasn't too much of a problem either. I was sure that Siless was more focused on looking around for Pokemon than he was concerned with the knee-high grass.

We walked for a few minutes without engaging a Pokemon successfully. A few Pokemon skittered away underneath the grass when we got close to them - it was evident through the shaking of the grass. We also walked past a few ponds, but there was nothing worth mentioning at the first couple ponds.

However, we did see something interesting at the third pond we happened across. As we walked closer to the pond, we both noticed a large green Pokemon slurping water from the pond. With its green-and-brown coloration, it had been difficult to spot against the grass. However, when we got closer, we could see the yellow fruit hanging from its neck - it was a Tropius.

"Tropius!" the Pokemon bellowed in a calm tone when it noticed us.

"Would you like to battle this Tropius, Siless?" I asked my Trainer.

@Siless

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, Purugly, Mew, Tropius, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 1517
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -3x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

The Fruit Pokémon was towering, and there was no doubt that it could do some damage if it was trained properly. However, it was simply not able to fit on my team; it didn't have the power to deal enough damage in harsh sunlight unless it was using Solar Power, which made it too slow to utilize in a Sun-based battle, as its horrible defensive typing would just lead it to being torn up by rocks or fire or whatever other common type the opponent was using, leading it to maybe getting one move off that would get it knocked out from Solar Power.

When I looked at Tropius, I saw an avalanche of ideas telling me why I shouldn't use it. That was more than enough for me. "Let's try leaving it alone."

Blog Entries

NBP-11

Ranger John Shay

Siless looked at Tropius, and there was an evident lack of interest on his face. I was not surprised when he said to leave the Pokemon alone.

I nodded. "Well, let's see if Tropius will leave us alone if we try to walk away."

Siless and I crept away from Tropius. I looked at it to see if this Pokemon would let us get away, but no. Tropius flapped its large wings, flew over our heads, and landed in front of us.

"Tropius!" it bellowed, clearly itching for a battle.

"Well, looks like you'll have to battle this one too. Why am I not surprised?"

@Siless

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, Purugly, Mew, Tropius, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 2217
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -3x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

I had lost count of the battles I had been forced into so far. All I knew was that, after this, I would be making sure I had a ton of dolls for my next run. I was already on my second one for the run, and at the moment I was only using them for Pokémon that I would have to worry about in battle that I didn't want to catch. I plopped the second doll on the ground in front of me.

"Let's get going. Again." I was far from amused at the turn of events, having every Pokémon want to beat me down for some reason. I suppose it had to happen eventually, though. I suppose it gave more time for Sela and Cosmos to both rest as I avoided battles this way, but there had to be something soon I wouldn't mind having. Hopefully.

Blog Entries

NBP-12

Ranger John Shay

Siless plopped down another Pokedoll in front of him.

"Let's get going. Again," Siless said without humor.

I nodded, and I led the way for Siless as we skirted around the distracted Tropius. I was starting to feel bad for him, though we were still progressing pretty quickly despite more than a fair share of battles.

We continued making our way through the tall grass. This was, in my opinion, one of the least exciting parts of the Botanic Gardens. Thankfully, however, it was a very small area, and we would be out of this area soon.

All of a sudden, I fell over - I had been blindsided by something.

"Lopunny!"

The Pokemon stood over me, worry evident in her eyes. I got back on my feet quickly, however. It had hardly hurt, and the grass had broken my fall anyways.

"Now, how did you manage to barrel into me like that?" I asked the Pokemon, dusting myself off. However, it didn't respond - it was clearly afraid of something. I noticed my Dragonite was snarling at Lopunny. "Down, Dragonite! It was an accident."

"Lopunny, Lopunny!" the Pokemon cried, then stumbled. It was clearly a klutz. If barreling into me hadn't been enough to tell me that, the way it stood was even enough evidence.

"Well, Siless, it seems this Lopunny is your next Pokemon encounter. Want to battle it?" I asked Siless.

@Siless

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, Purugly, Mew, Tropius, Lopunny, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 720
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -3x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast