Individual RP: Siless - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Siless

Default Re: Individual RP: Siless

I added the recovered Park Ball to my pack, and returned Cosmos to her ball, congratulating her for a well-fought battle. I thought about having Sela use a Heal Pulse to top off Cosmos's energy, but Cosmos generally preferred to deal with it herself if the wounds weren't too bad, so I would have her drain an opponent or use Synthesis later to keep it from getting too bad.

John cleaned up the battlefield rather quickly, though I was ready to fix it up. I wasn't, however, about to complain, so I focused on the task at hand; deciding where to go next. There was a choice of a flowery field or a pond, and I wasn't going to throw a curveball and head into a deep thicket, so I went to a reasonable place where Grass-types would likely be found. "Let's head to the field."

Blog Entries

NBP-3

Ranger John Shay

Siless thought about where he wanted to move on to next as he returned Cosmos to her Pokeball. Eventually, he made up his mind.

"Let's go the field," he said. That made sense to me. Siless was looking for Grass-types, from what I knew, and he would find more in the field. Granted, the pool in the Botanic Gardens was not inhabited by any Water-type Pokemon, and was more of a habitat for Pokemon that lived by water, not in it. However, Siless would definitely find more "true" Grass-types in the field.

We began walking, and went left towards the flower fields when we got to the fork. Soon enough, the path opened up into an open and neatly arranged garden of flowers. There were lines of lilies, rows of roses, and trails of tulips. We walked through into the garden, walking along the path so as to avoid stepping on the flowers.

Quickly, Siless' second Pokemon encounter appeared. It had been camouflaged amongst some sunflowers, but my Dragonite noticed it quickly and pointed to show me. It seemed to be... a Sunkern! The Pokemon noticed we were looking at it, and hopped out on the path eagerly.

"Sunkern!" the Pokemon cried joyously. The cute yellow-and-brown Pokemon was radiating joy, and was looking at Siless. Clearly, she was open to a battle with Siless.

"Want to battle this Sunkern?" I asked Siless.

Trainer Information
    Name: Siless
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Pokemon Captured: Petilil
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 774
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Petilil Voice Disk (4 uses left)
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

Pokemon: Gardevoir (100%)
    Nickname: Sela
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Mild
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up, Heal Bell, Will-o-Wisp

Pokemon: Roserade (88%)
    Nickname: Cosmos
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Careful
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Sludge Bomb, Flash, Cotton Spore, Swift, Solarbeam, Hidden Power Electric

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

A Sunkern sat there in our path, seemingly interested in me. I didn't have much use for one in my gym; they were honestly much more useful when I was doing my Ranger job here at the Gardens, as they could help me warn others of a large battle, or call forth a great sunlight, or in extremely desperate times help me escape with a Grasswhistle or something similar.

This Sunkern was possibly one that helped me on my job, but I had a thought; it could be the one that tagged along with me in my last run; it ran off to help warn of a battle, but never came back. If it was the same Sunkern, it would no doubt want to tag along again. If it wasn’t, Sunkern were generally docile, and it wouldn't try to bite my ear off as it rode on my shoulder (and if it did, Sela would fling it out of the field to keep it from hurting me). I offered the Sunkern a chance to tag along; I didn't want to battle, but it wouldn't hurt to at least give it a chance to wander with a trainer.

Blog Entries

NBP-4

Ranger John Shay

Siless shook his head. No surprise there; there was very little appeal in a Sunkern, even to a Grass Gym Leader. Odds were that better Pokemon could be found later on in any run through the National Park. However, Siless continued to look at the Sunkern. There was an intrigued look in his eye, but I had no clue what he was thinking.

Siless stretched out his hand towards the diminutive Pokemon, as if to ask the Pokemon if it wanted to accompany him for a bit. Sunkern seemed to think about it for a bit, then shook its head furiously. It started to pout, and plomped itself down in front of us.

While we could definitely walk past it, it distressed me to see a Pokemon in the Park like this.

"You might as well battle the Pokemon, Siless," I insisted. "It won't take too long, and it'll make Sunkern much happier."

OOC: Kind of awkward in retrospect, but meh. q_q

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 1745
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Hidden Power Fire, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Swagger, Attract, Skill Swap, Protect, Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Light Screen, Taunt, Safeguard, Snatch, Torment, Toxic, Flash, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psych Up, Heal Bell, Will-o-Wisp

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Sludge Bomb, Flash, Cotton Spore, Swift, Solarbeam, Hidden Power Electric

[18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]

I sighed. I would have to engage the Sunkern for at least a bit to satisfy it, but it really wasn't something I wanted to do. Still, we could do a quick battle to leave both sides relatively satisfied and not cause too much damage, hopefully.

"Sela, let's give this Sunkern a quick battle." Sela nodded; it was obvious to her what the Sunkern wanted. "Let's start with a Confusion attack!" It was far from the strongest of Sela's moves, but it was near effortless and could still turn a battle in the user's favor. Confusion attempted to grab the opponent and flip it around several times; it didn't last as long as the very similar use of Psychic, but it was more disorientating than the stronger variant, causing confusion instead of having the stronger attack's damage against the opponent's defenses against non-physical attacks.

Sela's eyes began to glow a soft blue. It was nowhere near as bright as with a Psychic attack, but it was far more controlled. I waited, saving any more complicated strategies for when they were needed; the light attack would help me judge our opponent and decide which strategy, if any, was best.

Blog Entries

Gardevoir VS Sunkern: BP-1

Ranger John Shay

Siless sighed, but agreed to battle.

"Sela, let's give this Sunkern a quick battle," Siless said. Her companion Gardevoir nodded, and Siless continued. "Let's start with a Confusion attack!"

Sela's eyes began glowing blue with Psychic power as the move was used. Sunkern was enveloped in an aura of the same hue, and started to yell in pain as Confusion took its toll on the Pokemon. It was lifted into the air, and flipped multiple times before falling back to the ground as Sela released the technique.

Sunkern slowly regained its balance, clearly weakened by the move. Its smile had faded, and a frown of concentration marked its face now. It knew the battle was on, and was ready for the fight.

"Sunkern!" the Pokemon yelled, shaking its head violently. Razor-sharp leaves twirled away from the sprout on its head, and zipped towards Sela. Sunkern followed up by using Grass Knot; its eyes started glowing green, and some of the flowers around us started glowing green as well. They rushed towards Sela, aiming to tie it up.

I looked at Siless. How would a tactician like him respond to a double-edged assault like this? If he acted quickly enough and handled it correctly, the combination was perfectly preventable. However, one slip-up, and Sela would be prone to Sunkern's attacks.

Battle Statistics
    Gardevoir VS Sunkern
    Gardevoir: 100%, used Confusion
    Sunkern: 63%, using Razor Leaf + Grass Knot

Trainer Information
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 2878
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

Pokemon: Gardevoir (100%, in battle)

[URPG Chat]

Sunkern launched two attacks at once, one at about level with Sela's chest and one ground-based. While Sunkern was able to account for evasion via movement, there were still a few ways we could get out of this.

"Sela, Teleport behind Sunkern and strike it with a quick Hidden Power!" Teleport was quick at short ranges such as in a battlefield, and it would hopefully keep Sela out of range of the attacks. Hidden Power, while in many cases had to be brought to maturity by a Technical Machine, was still mostly innate power, and that could be called upon quickly as well. It obviously wasn't as powerful as one called on with more focus, but it would be able to catch Sunkern unawares, and it would have a type advantage to go with it.

Blog Entries

Gardevoir VS Sunkern: BP-2

Ranger John Shay

OOC: If you feel that some of the things I'm doing as a Ranger is too much in terms of forcing you to think to creative strategies (and I mean forcing, not simply encouraging), please let me know. I'm starting to get that feeling a little.

I watched Siless as he studied Sunkern's assault. He came up with a rather simple solution that I had not expected.

"Sela, Teleport behind Sunkern and strike it with a quick Hidden Power!"

It was a great, simple strategy. Taking advantage of the rarely-seen move Teleport, Sela disappeared from where she had been standing mere moments ago. The Grass Knot missed and ended up getting in the way of the Razor Leaf, cancelling each other out.

Sela reappeared behind Sunkern. The Gardevoir used Hidden Power - a mysterious move that had a different type for each Pokemon. I waited to see which type Gardevoir's Hidden Power was.

Gardevoir started glowing red. The red aura of energy grew around Gardevoir, then suddenly exploded in all directions. Sunkern was knocked away and into a pile of flowers.

A red aura. That meant the Hidden Power's type was Fire. I looked over to the downed Sunkern. It was clearly fainted - the battle was over.

"Good job, Siless. Shall we continue?" I asked.

Trainer Information
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 0
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

"Shall we continue?"

Sunkern lay defeated before us. The battle was over, but that didn't mean we were finished; Sunkern's wounds weren't great, but it still wasn't the best idea to leave a Sunkern fainted on its own.

"Sela, use a Heal Pulse on Sunkern so it can get back its energy before we leave." With that, Sunkern should be back up and playing before we get too far. A light blue energy enveloped both Sela and Sunkern for a moment as Sela attempted to patch up the seedling's wounds; Sela prided herself on being the team healer, and I had no doubt that she'd do a good job quickly patching up Sunkern before we moved on.

Blog Entries

NBP-5

Ranger John Shay

Siless stayed put for a moment, seeming to think about something. He was looking at the Sunkern, and after a moment of thought, ordered Gardevoir to heal the Pokemon.

"Sela, use a Heal Pulse on Sunkern so it can get back its energy before we leave."

An act of kindness. A bit peculiar from some perspectives, but a noble and respectable thing to do. Gardevoir held her hands over Sunkern's fainted body, and they started glowing a calm light blue. Suddenly, the energy pulsed, enveloping Sunkern. The Pokemon stirred, and its wounds began to heal.

"Sunkern..." The Pokemon looked up at Siless, with a mixture of confusion and adoration on its face. Forcing itself up with replenished energy, Sunkern hopped on to Siless' shoulder.

"Sunkern!" the Pokemon cried joyously.

"It seems Sunkern wants to hang around with you for a while." I smiled at the endearing sight. "Well, let's keep going."

We continued walking through the flower garden. We walked past magnolias, lavenders, and peonies, and were halfway through the lilacs when we spotted our next Pokemon.

"Doduo!" the Pokemon cried. It was running down the path, and coming straight at us. The Pokemon didn't seem particularly aggressive, but halted in front of us clearly ready for a battle. "Doduo!"

"Do you want to battle this Doduo, or would you rather just step to the side and see if it tries to run away?" I asked Siless.

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 630
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

We passed through multitudes of flowers (some I could name, some I couldn't; to be honest, I dealt more in growing plant-like Pokémon than plants) with Sunkern riding along and came across a two-headed bird Pokémon. I wasn't particularly interested in owning a Doduo or its evolved form, as I wanted to keep focused on Pokémon I could use in my gym, with a few exceptions. Doduo, though it would make an excellent mount, was not one of those exceptions, as I already had a great form of transportation in Sela's Teleport.

"Let's stay out of the way..." I moved to the side, ready for Doduo to rush past. I kept myself ready to move, though, as if it took offense to the passing-up of a battle and decided to come at me instead, I would have to move or get trampled by a large bird…

Blog Entries

NBP-6

Ranger John Shay

"Let's stay out of the way..." Siless responded. I nodded, and we both shuffled to the side of the road. Doduo now had the choice to move on, or to attack us. Hopefully, it would move on.

Nope.

Doduo cawed loudly, and pecked at Siless with one of its two heads. It came short by a few centimeters - a warning. This was going to be a battle.

"Siless, you're going to have battle this Pokemon too," I informed my Trainer.

Trainer Information
    Pokemon Encountered: Petilil, Sunkern, Doduo, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 1412
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

Doduo snapped at me to start a battle, and I was almost certain it was the last mistake it would ever make. I stumbled back not because of Doduo's attack, but because of the retaliation that was certainly being used afterwards; almost as if on cue, a bolt of electricity surged from Sela over to the Doduo to scare it away, and she was instantly preparing another one, this one to knock Doduo out, if it kept going.

Keep… your beaks… off of him… Sela's telepathic voice was disrupted with her fury, but I heard it loud and clear; I had to wonder of the others heard it as well. Gardevoir were exceptionally protective of their trainers, and there had been reports of Gardevoir forming small, temporary black holes from their psychic energies in order to protect their trainers.

I got back up and stepped backwards. I wanted to get room in case a battle occurred, but I kinda hoped Sela scared it off. I didn't want to battle a Pokémon that tried to attack me unprovoked, even as a warning, unless I was interested in the Pokémon already for some reason. This one… just seemed to have an attitude; it didn't seem to be a threat to others like the Shiftry I fought was, and hopefully the scare would keep it from harassing others. Hopefully.

Blog Entries

Gardevoir VS Doduo: BP-1

Ranger John Shay

Almost immediately after Doduo had snapped at Siless, Sela let loose a ThunderBolt. There was a look of fury on her face. Clearly, she was very protective of her master.

Doduo recoiled instantly, the super-effective move forcing it back a few steps. I noticed Siless had taken a few steps backwards, and I followed his lead. There was going to be a battle, and it was dangerous to be so close to the sparks.

Doduo shook its two heads, regaining focus. Staring at Sela with renewed anger, the Doduo rushed towards the Gardevoir. Its two heads were both outstretched and the beaks were aiming straight for Sela. The Gardevoir was too close to the Doduo to avoid the move in time, and Doduo's Rage knocked Sela into the flowers. The Pokemon didn't seem hurt too badly, but clearly had taken a fair bit of damage.

Sela quickly returned to a vertical base, her hands rubbing the sore spot where Doduo's beaks had collided with her torso. Keeping an eye on Doduo, she looked at her owner for his next command.

Battle Statistics
    Gardevoir VS Doduo
    Gardevoir: 87%, used ThunderBolt
    Doduo: 58%, used Rage

Trainer Information
    Character Count Since Last Encounter: 2653/9000
    Park Items:
    -2x Park Balls
    -2x Full Heal
    -3x Hyper Ball
    -3x Super Ball
    -Camera
    -Pokeplayer
    -1x Shroomish Voice Disk
    -2x Heal Potion
    -4x Pokédolls
    -1x Solosis Voice Disk

Pokemon Information

[URPG Chat]

Sela stood her ground, waiting for a command. I was amazed that she wasn't acting on her own at this point; I figured it must have taken every fiber of her being in order to wait for me to help her in the battle. I had to focus on getting the battle over as quickly as possible so that we could get everything back to normal and I could continue on my run.

"Sela, Torment Doduo to scare it away. If that doesn't work, go after it with a Thunderbolt!" Torment was primarily a distracting move, making the target too distracted to attempt the same move twice in a row. However, the use of the move could intimidate the opponent as well, if used properly; Sela's Torment took the form of her conjuring many voices in the target's head (or heads, in this case) while calling them out with her own voice, creating too much noise for the target to focus. It did quite well at shaking the fighting spirit of younger Pokémon or those that had led quiet lives, but the pestering could get to tougher opponents as well. Doduo would hopefully leave us alone after that, but if not, its Rage would be difficult to maintain against an otherwise successful Tormenting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast