Thread: Individual RP: Princess Crow

Default Re: Individual RP: Princess Crow

OOC: @Princess Crow
    Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
    Trainer: Jessie Holmes
    Area: Power Plant
    NBP #13
    /--\

Jessie seemed tragically dejected as she pulled out another wad of cash. I took her money and threw a Pokedoll at the Electric Pokemon to calm it down. Elekid took the doll and seemed mollified with out gift. It clutched the Squirtle toy tightly to its chest, turned on its heel, and stalked away, head held high.

I shook my head at the Pokemon and turned to Jessie. “Sorry for your bad luck. Certain areas of the National Park tend to run into bad Pokemon sometimes. Looks like it might be that today, but I have a feeling we’ll run into something really soon.”

I led her through the room and into the one beyond it, the decontamination room, for the scientists who formerly worked here to get into gear if needed or to show their identification cards. It was a nondescript room, just with a small desk on the right, a window showing a workroom on the left, and a door directly ahead.

Sleeping on the desk was a blue and black cat-like creature. It was one of the more common Pokemon from the region of Sinnoh, a Shinx. Shinx was a common Electric type that evolved into Luxray.

“Don’t you already have one of those?” I murmured quietly to the girl at my side.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Name: Jessie Holmes
    Trainer Items: Park Ball x 4, Super Ball x 3
    Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Pichu ??? | ??? Golbat ??? | ??? Muk ??? | ??? Flaffy ??? | ??? Elekid ??? | ??? Shinx ???
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 4,000

Pokemon Stats:
    Adamant | Male | Arcanine @ Intimidate w/ EMs: None | 95.83%

Hardy | Female | Lanturn @ Water Absorb w/ EMs: None | 100%

League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

“Sorry for your bad luck. Certain areas of the National Park tend to run into bad Pokemon sometimes. Looks like it might be that today, but I have a feeling we’ll run into something really soon," Gaius said as the Elekid ran away from the group.

"I sure hope so. I'm definitely in need of a strong, electric pokemon," Jessie replied. "I've been looking for a while, and it would be a shame for this trip to go to waste."

Jessie followed Gaius through the decontamination room, where she spotted the sleeping Shinx passed out on a desk.

"Don't you already have one of those?" Gaius whispered to Jessie.

"Yeah, I have a Luxray," Jessie sighed. "I don't want to wake it, though. Let's stick to the left side of the room and get out of here as fast as we can."

NBP #14
    /--\

“Yeah, I have a Luxray,” she said, once again disappointed by the Pokemon that had come up. “I don’t want to wake it, though. Let’s stick to the left side of the room and get out of here as fast as we can.”

I nodded wordlessly and looked towards the door on the far side of the room. That was the only way forward, and going back would just take more time. I took in a deep breath and hoped the Pokemon didn’t decide to come after us. I had just reached the other side of the room when I heard a scratching sound.

I felt my hope drop and turned to see the Shinx scratching its claws on the top of the desk and staring at us intently. Another Pokemon had decided it wanted to fight us. I looked over at Jessie and waited for her to make a move.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Pichu ??? | ??? Golbat ??? | ??? Muk ??? | ??? Flaffy ??? | ??? Elekid ??? | ??? Shinx ???
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 0,752 | 4,000

Pokemon Stats:

Jessie had followed Gaius closely and silently, trying as hard as possible not to disturb the sleeping pokemon. Not only did she not want to wake the Shinx, but she didn't particularly want to fight it either.

Much like Gaius, Jessie heard the scratching noise just as she was about to escape from the pokemon. Jessie quietly turned around in place to see that she had, despite all of her efforts, woken the Shinx, who now was preparing to attack.

"Oh, come on!" Jessie exclaimed, obviously frustrated that she had woken the Shinx. She was not having the best of luck on her trip through the Power Plant, which made her very upset.

"You're really stealing all my money, aren't you?" Jessie said to Gaius sarcastically. She pulled out her wallet and slipped yet another 500 dollars to Gaius, muttering to herself as she did.

NBP #15
    /--\

Jessie’s mood was worsening, clearly. “Oh, come! You’re really stealing all my money, aren’t you?”

I shrugged sheepishly as there was nothing I could say to appease her. It wasn’t my fault the Pokemon were poor, but I was the only one she could direct her ire at. I took it stoically and threw a Pichu toy at the Shinx, who immediately pounced on it like a kitten. As the Electric Pokemon struggled with the doll I led us through the doll.

We were finally in the labs, a large room full of computers and other equipment I couldn’t recognize. Playing in a jumble of wires off to our right was a small Pokemon that resembled a Pichu, except for the coloring and the markings on it.

It was a Minun, another Electric type Pokemon, one that wasn’t really strong, but more of a team Pokemon. I didn’t think Jessie would want the Pokemon, but it could never hurt to ask.

“You want the Minun?”

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 9 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Pichu ??? | ??? Golbat ??? | ??? Muk ??? | ??? Flaffy ??? | ??? Elekid ??? | ??? Shinx ??? | ??? Minun ???
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

Once Jessie saw Gaius shrug, she immediately felt bad for saying what she did. Sure, she had been aggravated that the pokemon weren't behaving like Jessie had wanted them to, but there was nothing that Gaius could do about it. The only things that could be done about it were all up to Jessie, and she had lashed out on Gaius, which was unfair and cruel.

Nonetheless, Jessie didn't say anything. Even if the opportunity had risen, Jessie wouldn't exactly know how to respond in a situation like this. Usually, Jessie never felt the need to apologize. For some reason, today was different. Maybe it was a combination of lack of sleep, lack of cooperative pokemon, or countless other factors. She pushed it out of her mind and continued on following Gaius.

"You want the Minun?" Gaius asked.

It took Jessie a minute to find where the pokemon was, but, when she did, her hopes fell once more. Minun, again, was a common pokemon. Something that many electric typed trainers had. If Jessie was going to go for the Nimbasa City Gym Leader Position, she would need something more helpful.

"No, thanks. Let's try to run from it again," Jessie sighed.

NBP #16
    /--\

Jessie sighed again and said, “No thanks. Let’s try to run from it again.”

Once again, I wasn’t surprised by her choice, but I was hoping we would run into something she wanted. We were just over a third of the way through and we had found nothing she wanted. Granted we could still find something, but that window was closing rapidly. I really hoped something rare or powerful would show up.

“Well, I don’t think running would be a good choice in this situation, but we can try to go around it,” I said after a moment.

Before we could move though there was a small pop where the Minun was and the little Pokemon came flying towards us. It landed right in front of us and jumped up, chattering angrily to itself, no doubt upset by what had happened. Its ears perked up and the Pokemon turned to us.

It looked at us and its cheeks started to sparkle with little bolts of electricity. I rolled my eyes at the little Pokemon and looked at Jessie.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Pichu ??? | ??? Golbat ??? | ??? Muk ??? | ??? Flaffy ??? | ??? Elekid ??? | ??? Shinx ??? | ??? Minun ???
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 1,138 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

OOC: Just noticed that Lanturn's ability is Water Absorb, when it should be Volt Absorb, seeing as I hadn't unlocked its DW ability at the beginning of the run.

IC:

“Well, I don’t think running would be a good choice in this situation, but we can try to go around it,” Gaius advised.

After contemplating it for a moment, Jessie knew that she had to agree with Gaius. Running probably wouldn't be the smartest idea, especially since the Minun was so much faster than Jessie. If Jessie had disturbed the Minun, it could easily catch up, so running would only draw more attention to themselves.

Following Gaius' advice, Jessie slowly sidestepped to draw the least amount of attention to herself. However, in a flash, the Minun had disappeared from its previous spot and had appeared in front of the pair. It seemed very angry, though the reason behind its rage confused Jessie. Nonetheless, she knew that messing with an angry pokemon wouldn't be the brightest idea.

"Alright, I'll pay you," Jessie sighed to Gaius as she pulled out her wallet. However, as she peered inside the folds of her wallet, she spotted no more cash. "Oh no," Jessie muttered to herself as she tucked her wallet back into her bag.

"Just kidding, I'm taking this thing on!" Jessie exclaimed. "Go, Lanturn!" Jessie shouted as she tossed her pokeball into the air. Moments later, a blue and yellow angler fish appeared, the light hanging over its head pulsing. With its scarlet irises, the floating pokemon stared the small, mouse-like pokemon down, growling slightly as it did.

"We might want to step back," Jessie warned Gaius. "My Lanturn is a pretty violent brawler, so she might not always hit her target," Jessie explained. Following her own advice, Jessie took a few steps back, making sure she was safely out of the pokemon's range.

OOC2: I had a small question for you as well; EM's stay like they were at the beginning, right? So my Lanturn, which now has HP Flying and TM Ice Beam, cannot have them throughout the course of the run?

OOC: @Princess Crow | Nope, you can only use the moves you entered the park with.
    NBP #17
    /--\

Jessie sighed and reached for her wallet. “Alright, I’ll pay you.” She rummaged through her wallet, but came up empty, she had already spent all her money. “Oh no,” she muttered softly. She replaced her wallet and reached for a Pokeball. “Just kidding, I’m taking this thing on!” she blurted a moment later.

She only had two Pokemon with her, so it was pretty easy to guess which Pokemon she would send out, Lanturn. Lanturn was a Water and Electric type with the ability of Volt Absorb, enabling it to absorb Electric attacks.

“You might want to take a step back,” she cautioned me. “My Lanturn is a pretty violent brawler, so he might not always hit her target.”

That was an unusually nature for a Lanturn, they were considered a gentle species, but there was always Pokemon who didn’t conform to the norm of everything. I didn’t believe the Lanturn would have too much trouble with this Pokemon, but battles could be very fluid in nature.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 1,138 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

Hardy | Female | Lanturn @ Volt Absorb w/ EMs: None | 100%

"Okay, let's get this thing over with!" Jessie exclaimed as she put on a more intent gaze. The pokemon in front of her and her Lanturn would be difficult to take out; while the pokemon was relatively weak, Lanturn had very few non-electric based moves, which could prove troublesome for taking out the mouse-like pokemon.

"Start us off with a Hydro Pump, Lanturn!" Jessie shouted to her pokemon. Hydro Pump was a very strong water typed move, and, while it wouldn't be super effective against the opponent, it was still a very strong move that could deal some serious damage to the Minun.

Listening to its trainer's command, the Lanturn began charging up a strong current of water inside of her mouth. Her eyes flashed an azure blue before she released the strong stream of water, aimed directly at the Minun.

BP #1
    /--\

“Let’s get this thing over with! Start us off with Hydro Pump, Lanturn,” Jessie commanded.

Jessie was pulling out the big guns. Hydro Pump was the third strongest Water attack in the universe if my memory was correct, so it was a strong move. Of course it came with the risk of Hydro Pump missing, but it was still a pretty solid attack to use.

The Minun was in a bind though. Being a pure Electric type most of its moves were Electric, and since Lanturn knew the ability of Volt Absorb it would be at a severe disadvantage because any Electrical attack would heal the Lanturn.

The good news for Minun was that Lanturn was pretty much an underwater cave or sea creature, meaning it worked best in water. On this dry ground it would be harder for it to move around.

The Lanturn didn’t seem to mind though as it shot a twin jets of water at the Minun. One of the water twisters missed, but the other struck Minun squarely and sent it into a wall. The Minun recovered quickly and shouted out. An orb of lime-green energy formed in front of Minun, and from this orb shot a beam that struck Lanturn.

When they light died down I could see that Lanturn was a little woozy. This meant that Signal Beam had confused Lanturn. How that would play out in the battle could influence how much damage the Lanturn took.

//--\\

[u]Battle Stats[/b]

Lanturn 93.17%[Con]
    VS
    Minun 77.77%

Trainer Info

Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 1,945 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

Hardy | Female | Lanturn @ Volt Absorb w/ EMs: None | 100%

OOC: Sorry, I thought that I had already posted in this and that I was waiting on you to post. My bad!

IC:

Jessie's previous bad mood was immediately replaced with a cheerful one as soon as her pokemon started moving. The thrill of a battle was enough to make her forget all about all that she had been going through. Sure, she had lost some money on this run, but she didn't seem to care anymore. All that mattered was her Lanturn and the Minun.

Jessie's smile widened when she saw the Hydro Pump attack hit the Minun. Even though only one of the two turbines of high powered water managed to connect with the small electric mouse, it was a strong enough move to still be able to deal some damage. Jessie was certain that the Minun wouldn't be able to recover from that so quickly.

However, when Jessie saw the Minun create a green orb of energy, her eyes widened and her smile shrank down to a brief gasp. The only move that Jessie could think of that looked like that was Energy Ball, which could deal some serious damage to her Lanturn, due to the water sub-type. After thinking for a short moment, she was utterly confused. She didn't think that Minun was able to learn Energy Ball, so it wouldn't make sense that it was using that move. However, once the green orb solidified into a solid green beam that fired at her Lanturn, she soon relaxed. The move could be none other than Signal Beam, which Minun was capable of learning. The bug typed move wouldn't deal too much damage to her Lanturn, due to the resistance that Lanturn gets from its electric sub-type. However, it did have some secondary effects that were less than desirable.

"Lanturn, are you okay?" Jessie yelled out to her pokemon. She was trying to see into her Lanturn's eyes to see if what she had feared had come true.

When the Lanturn finally turned back around, its eyes were wandering around the room, a blank stare filling its red irises. Jessie sighed when she realized what had happened; the Minun had confused the Lanturn. Her Lanturn could end up taking some damage from itself, which would not be good at all. Jessie was planning on hitting the Minun fast and hard, but, with the confusion now coming into play, that goal would be a lot harder to achieve.

"It's okay, Lanturn! Just focus on my voice and follow my commands!" Jessie said in a soothing voice. This was where Jessie and Lanturn's trust came to the test; would the connection between the two of them allow for the Lanturn to surpass the confusion with the help of her trainer? Jessie couldn't sit around and wait. This battle had to end soon, if Lanturn was hoping to not take any more damage.

"Okay, listen closely, buddy. We're going to try to even the playing field a little, but the only way you can do that is if you get up close to the Minun. As soon as you're close, try firing out a Confuse Ray. If you're close enough, the radius of the sound waves should be large enough to hit the Minun without missing. Do you think you can do that?" Jessie asked.

The Lanturn still seemed as confused as ever, but Jessie's soothing voice seemed to calm it down slightly. Whether it heard Jessie's orders or not, the Lanturn began preparing for something, though not even Jessie knew what was going to happen.

@Princess Crow

OoC: Sorry for the lateness. Ontop of school and work, I am now moving! Yayyy more stuff to do! x.x But here goes nothing~

BP#2

Just as the Minun launched its' attack on the trainers Lanturn. Signal Beam was quite a decent attack for bug-types, but having a small cousin of the ever-so-popular Pikachu use it, there wasn't much use besides for the secondary effect; Confusion. Jessies Lanturn looked around, as if it just magically appeared in the area. It looked like confusion took firm grasp on Lanturns mind, and was going to make the rest of this battle quite the struggle until it wore off.

"It's okay, Lanturn! Just focus on my voice and follow my commands!" I heard Jessie call out to her partner. Most Pokemon find it helpful to focus on their trainers voice, kind of like an anchor to a ship blowing away in a storm. The practice should be useful, but Lanturn will have to struggle to keep itself in check. The trainer looked back to check on her previous ranger, only to spot me walking up to her instead. I motioned to her to tell her that Gaius had to jet, and that I was here to guide her. I wasn't sure if the hand gestures made any sense or made me look like I was having a seizure while standing, but it seemed as if she got the idea. She gave me a nod and turned back to her battle.

"Okay, listen closely, buddy. We're going to try to even the playing field a little, but the only way you can do that is if you get up close to the Minun. As soon as you're close, try firing out a Confuse Ray. If you're close enough, the radius of the sound waves should be large enough to hit the Minun without missing. Do you think you can do that?" The trainer asked of her Pokemon, hoping he could manage that much. The Lanturn looked at her blankly, but tried to build up the move anyway. A purple-hued energy started to form around the small orb attached to the end of the Pokemons antenna, which I suspected was a successful Confuse Ray, and Lanturn didn't hurt itself instead. The enemy Minun didn't want to waste its' time, however. The small electric-type dashed forward quickly, zig-zagging its way towards the trainers Pokemon. The head of the small mouse-like creature connected with blinding speed with the side of Jessies focusing Lanturn, who fell back from the force of the Quick Attack. While it was tumbling, however, Lanturn was able to launch the Confuse Ray at its attacker, the purple shapeless energy surrounding the Minuns head and confusing it, as well.

Lanturn brushed off the attack and looked back at its trainer, still that blank look on its face. Not only that, but now Minun was confused, looking back and forth from Lanturn to Jessie and back again with the same blank stare. If Jessies Pokemon didn't snap out of it soon, there was going to be some really strange battling ahead. Albeit a few laughable acts, but time consuming nonetheless.

Trainers Stats

Items: Park Ball x 4 | Super Ball x 3
    Encounters Remaining: 9
    Pokemon Captured: None
    MCR: 5,095 | 15,000

Battle Stats

Lanturn 88.31%[Con] | used Confuse Ray

VS

Minun 77.77%[Con] | used Quick Attack

Pokemon Stats

Arcanine | Intimidate | Adamant | Male | EMs: None | 95.83%

Lanturn | Hardy | Female | Volt Absorb | EMs: None | 100%

OOC: It's fine. I'm in no rush, so take your time with IRL stuff.

Jessie watched the battle with intensity. She saw that Gaius had left, but she didn't really acknowledge that someone had replaced her. While she briefly nodded to him, her focus was elsewhere entirely. Her eyes might have left the action, however briefly, but her mind never strayed far from it.

Once the pokemon had stopped with their moves, Jessie contemplated what she would do. Her pokemon might not be able to stand up against the Minun, due to its confused state. That being said, Minun was a relatively weak pokemon, and, if Lanturn could connect with it, some serious damage could be dealt.

All of a sudden, Jessie thumped herself in the forehead. She sighed as she opened her wallet and walked over to her new ranger. "Hi," she said with a smile, "I'm Jessie. I don't really want this pokemon, but I thought that I was out of money when Gaius and I encountered it, so I decided to battle it. That being said, I just remembered that I had my credit card on me," she said with an embarrassed smile. "I upgraded it a few months ago so that it could also function as an ATM, so I'll be able to withdraw 500 dollars for the pokedoll, if that's still allowed. I just don't want Lanturn to take any more damage that what she already has," Jessie said.

OoC: Just deduct the 500$ from your money in an OoC in the next post, please.

NBP #1

All of a sudden, Jessie smacked her forehead with the heel of her hand. She sighed, taking out her wallet and walking over to me.

"Hi," she said with a smile, "I'm Jessie. I don't really want this pokemon, but I thought that I was out of money when Gaius and I encountered it, so I decided to battle it. That being said, I just remembered that I had my credit card on me," embarrassed, she continued.

"I upgraded it a few months ago so that it could also function as an ATM, so I'll be able to withdraw 500 dollars for the pokedoll, if that's still allowed. I just don't want Lanturn to take any more damage that what she already has," With this, she began the withdrawal.

"That's fine, and I understand. I smiled, taking the cash from her. Reaching into my pack, I grip the soft Pokedoll and quickly toss it over to the Minun, who pounces and rolls with the plush toy, cuddling it tightly. The toy makes some soft squeaks from the squeaker-thingy inside of it, making the Minun go crazy. If only people were as easy to please as a Pokemon with a Pokedoll, it might make a lot of things go smoother, I thought to myself. Dropping my random thoughts of a human Pokedoll, I turn to the trainer and motion her to follow.

"We still have a lot of this place to explore, so lets go see what we can find!" I say to her, leading her further into the Power Plant. My idea was to bring her to where the generators and turbines are, since many electric Pokemon were known to congregate there, charging up from the stored electricity and duking it out for priority to the self-sufficient generators. Following the long, twisting hallways and taking random turns at the intersections, we came across an empty room. Many tables were overturned, and whatever ones weren't, had old computer hardware scattered across them. I went into the room, checking it all out for any small Pokemon that could be hiding. Not finding anything, I turned to the trainer and shrugged, shaking my head and walking back towards her.

As if responding to our looming departure, a bright light shined from one of the monitors in the room. Once it died down, I noticed a lone Porygon floating out of the monitors screen, as if oblivious to our presence in the room. It hovered around the room, as if looking for nothing in particular. Turning to Jessie, who was in utter shock of a Pokemon popping out of a piece of computer hardware.

"This is quite the rare treat. Porygon are really hard to find and are very useful. Want to battle it and attempt a capture?" I asked Jessie, who was still a bit awe-struck.

Trainers Stats

Items: Park Ball x 4 | Super Ball x 3
    Encounters Remaining: 7
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Pichu ??? | ??? Golbat ??? | ??? Muk ??? | ??? Flaffy ??? | ??? Elekid ??? | ??? Shinx ??? | ??? Minun ??? | ??? Porygon ??? |
    Pokemon Captured: None
    MCR: 000 | 25,000

Pokemon Stats

Arcanine | Intimidate | Adamant | Male | EMs: None | 95.83%

Lanturn | Hardy | Female | Volt Absorb | EMs: None | 88.31%

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast