Individual RP: Pman - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Individual RP: Pman

Default Re: Individual RP: Pman

OOC: Please don't say the ball hit the target; it's still a capture attempt without saying that, but having the ball hit it is similar to having it hit by an attack, since that's a big influence in the battle, if that makes sense. Almost had the capture though.

BP#15 (Vs. Scizor Post 13)

The Hyper Ball smacked the Scizor and opened up, converting it into a sphere of energy before closing around it. The ball hit the ground and rolled into the crater; once it stopped, it shook twice before shooting open. Scizor still had a bit of energy to fight with, and it wasn't going to let Ryan capture it without giving its all; it had its honor to defend. It kicked the ball back towards us before continuing on with the fight. I don't think it wanted to inconvenience him, even by breaking the ball that tried to capture it. It was just trying to fight. I picked up the ball, which had landed at my feet. I was ready to pass it to Ryan whenever he needed it, but I didn't want to interrupt his concentration to do so until he asked.

And fight it did. Scizor once again reached out to its Forretress opponent, smacking it with its claws. Forretress was knocked out of range, but Scizor didn't seem able to charge towards it; I saw sparks of electricity coursing through its legs. It seemed that the residual electricity from the Zap Cannon at the beginning of the battle was weaker, but at the same time, it was still strong enough to keep it stationary.
    ---

Name: Ryan Hoare
    Encounters Remaining: 13
    Items Remaining: 6x Park Balls, 2x Super Balls, 2x Hyper Balls, 3x Max Potions, 2x Full Restores
    Captured: Jolly/F/Slakoth

Battle Stats: ???/F/Scizor 20%, +++ATK, ++DEF, PAR, ++Speed (including PAR penalty) (Used Double Hit, PARed in place)
    Area Effects: Clear, but surrounded by heavy overgrowth. Brightened by Scizor's Iron Defense
    Character Count: 43295/45000

Pokemon: Alakazam
    Nickname: Alonso
    Ability: Synchronise
    Nature: Calm)
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Toxic, Fire punch, Taunt,Protect, Shadow Ball

Pokemon: Metagross
    Nickname: Meater
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Hardy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Substitute, Sleep Talk, Brick Break, Earthquake, Shadow Ball , Protect, Rest, Toxic, Explosion, Iron Head, Ice Punch

Pokemon: Salamence
    Nickname: Sally
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Timid
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None

Pokemon: Forretress
    Nickname: TF2 (Team Forretress 2)
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Serious
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Substitute, Pain Split, Sand Tomb

Pokemon: Magnezone
    Nickname: Maggie
    Nature: Catious
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunder, Thunderbolt

Pokemon: Blaziken
    Nickname: Blazer
    Ability: Claze
    Nature: Sassy

Blog Entries

OOC:sorry
    --------------------------------
    So the Scizor still had some fight in it, that didn’t make me as unhappy as some may have thought. The fact that it had returned my hyper ball made me one rather happy camper. One catch attempt down and I hadn’t even lost a Pokéball. It was almost as if the Scizor actually wanted to be caught, that struck me, maybe it was sick of dealing with that rowdy Scyther, maybe it actually did want to be caught.

Still, the was absolutely no way that I’d count my chickens before they had hatched, and at this point, they were nowhere near hatching. Or maybe that was the problem, My chicken, in this case a Scizor, had hatched when I didn’t want it to. It really depended on you point of view I supposed.

After the Scizor had thrown my hyper ball back, it had landed at Siless’ feet. He had picked it up and was still holding it, obviously not wanting to interrupt what I was doing.

I was too excited to speak and Team Forretress Two knew what I would do next, so I simply held my hand out to Siless, he rushed forward and placed the hyper ball in my hand. I had a sudden masochistic urge to attempt to flee from battle before I once again flung a hyper ball at a stationary Scizor.

This was something I had been almost unable to believe, both attempts at a catch had been me throwing a ball at a stationary Pokémon.

----------------------
    OOC: who witnessed the last capture attemp cos it isn't in the capture roll log?
    Last edited by Pman; 2nd March 2011 at 09:55 PM.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

OOC:...your roll luck was rather bad here.

BP#16 (Vs. Scizor Post 14)

Scizor deflected the Hyper Ball back at Ryan; the ball never even got the chance to draw Scizor in. This time, Scizor was more than ready to fight back. The electricity surrounding its legs was less damaging at this point; it just appeared to make the Scizor glow a bit rather than slow it down. The metal bug moved quickly to the Forretress, followed by its glow, and made a swift cutting motion. The defensive effects on Forretress shattered for an instant at the point of impact, though the protection reformed once the attack was finished. Scizor wasn't going to go down without a fight.

Forretress looked visibly wounded, and there wasn't much energy between it and Scizor. Forretress probably could not take another hit from Scizor without recovering health, except maybe for half of a Double Hit or a Night Slash that didn't crush through its Iron Defense boosts. I don't think Scizor wanted to knock Forretress out, but from watching it, I knew its own honor was too important to lose, and it would attack to down Forretress if it had to.

---

Items Remaining: 6x Park Balls, 2x Super Balls, 2x Hyper Balls, 3x Max Potions, 2x Full Restores
    Captured: Jolly/F/Slakoth

Battle Stats: ???/F/Scizor 20%, +++ATK, ++DEF, PAR, ++Speed (including PAR penalty) (Used Slash)
    Area Effects: Clear, but surrounded by heavy overgrowth. Brightened by Scizor's Iron Defense
    Character Count: 44609/45000

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Substitute, Sleep Talk, Brick Break, Earthquake, Shadow Ball , Protect, Rest, Toxic, Explosion, Iron Head, Ice Punch

Blog Entries

This time the hyper ball came back and landed directly at my feat. I knew that the two Pokémon involved in the battle were quite exhausted, I also knew that Team Forretress Two could not survive another hit, at least, not yet.

This however could be solved, and in the process, it would further weaken the Scizor. I called out to team Forretress two, “Go for, one more pain split.”

Team Forretress Two waited a few seconds before his entire body stopped moving, then, a ghostly image of him started to appear above his body. Team Forretress two was now embroiled in a battle of willpower. He just had to tear the Scizor’s soul from her body. From there, an energy transfer could occur, The Scizor and Team Forretress two would be on equal energy if Team Forretress Two could get a black line of psychic energy to bridge the gap between the two souls, assuming Scizor’s soul even left its body.
    Last edited by Pman; 4th March 2011 at 08:01 PM.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader

Blog Entries

This time the hyper ball came back and landed directly at my feat. I knew that the two Pokémon involved in the battle were quite exhausted, I also knew that Team Forretress Two could not survive another hit, at least, not yet.

This however could be solved, and in the process, it would further weaken the Scizor. I called out to team Forretress two, “Go for, one more pain split.”

Team Forretress Two waited a few seconds before his entire body stopped moving, then, a ghostly image of him started to appear above his body. Team Forretress two was now embroiled in a battle of willpower. He just had to tear the Scizor’s soul from her body. From there, an energy transfer could occur, The Scizor and Team Forretress two would be on equal energy if Team Forretress Two could get a black line of psychic energy to bridge the gap between the two souls, assuming Scizor’s soul even left its body.

I didn’t really care about the ongoing struggle though..I figured I may as well take another shot at catching the Scizor..When Team Forretress two settled down into it’s body again, I threw a hyper ball.
    Last edited by Pman; 4th March 2011 at 07:55 PM.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader

NBP8

Scizor didn't have the energy to struggle anymore after that Pain Split; the ball locked as soon as it closed around the steel-type, finalizing the capture. Seeing what happened, the Scyther and the other spectating Pokémon dispersed back to their own lives.

I walked up to the locked Hyper Ball and picked it up; I'd hold onto Scizor until Ryan was ready to sign out of the park, as he couldn't use it in the park until he confirmed it as one of his three he's taking out upon leaving. As I turned around after grabbing it, though, a Meowth stepped up. It seemed to have been drawn by the huge battle that just took place, and it didn't seem to want to leave.

"Interested in this little kitty Ryan?" I wasn't expecting to run into a Pokémon so soon, but at least then we wouldn't have to use up our energy actively search for them.

---

Captured: Jolly/F/Slakoth, Mild/F/Scizor

Battle Stats: ???/?/Meowth
    Character Count: 0/9000

Last edited by Siless; 5th March 2011 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries

As nice as Meowth are, and as much as I’ll probably regret this, I’m going to have to pass on Meowth. In fact, I think I’ll probably leave the park now so I can come back in once they release the black and white mons.

So, I’ll claim both my Slakoth and my hard won Scizor, thank you very much Siless for helping me through my first fumbling park run and helping me achieve my goal for the park so quickly and painlessly.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader

Blog Entries

As nice as Meowth are, and as much as I’ll probably regret this, I’m going to have to pass on Meowth. In fact, I think I’ll probably leave the park now so I can come back in once they release the black and white mons.

So, I’ll claim both my Slakoth and my hard won Scizor, thank you very much Siless for helping me through my first fumbling park run and helping me achieve my goal for the park so quickly and painlessly.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader

Run Ended-Trainer Request

Claims be posted here, feel free to take your mons, and come back when BW comes 'round

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234