Individual RP: Nitro - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Individual RP: Nitro

Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: Nitro

The Park Ball bumped off of Staryu, then opened up and swallowed the Pokemon in a flash of red light. The ball shook for a few moments, but Staryu escaped pretty easily. It didn't look like the odds were in my favor on that attempt, but it was easy to throw another Park Ball. The Park Ball I just used bounced away intact - still usable, if I retrieved it. I kept that in mind, and plucked another Park Ball from my Bag.

Staryu, now annoyed a little, attacked. A cold rush of wind, instantly detectable even in the rain, was blown towards Makuhita. Standing just more than a few feet behind Makuhita, I could feel it as well, and shivered. Makuhita was taking the worst of it, however.

Chips of ice began falling from the sky, and I looked up. It was hailing now, too. I suspected Staryu's Icy Wind wasn't meant just to harm, but also to set up this Ice-type weather. I wasn't sure if I followed its logic, but it would only make it easier for me to capture it with Hail chipping away at its health.

"Enough watching," I muttered. I threw the Park Ball in my hand at Staryu. Given the better than 50% odds, it would probably work this time.

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

@Nitro; This Staryu just doesn't want to be caught it seems XD

BP#7

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

The hail and snow mix made a light 'chink' noise as they bounced off of each other. Every second that it continued, the chunks got larger and harder. If it didn't stop soon, snow was going to start accumulating on the ground. Ivy wasn't sure how much this was going to affect the habitats of the other Water-type Pokemon here, but she hoped not much. The Lakes never really got cold – especially not enough to freeze – so a lot of the Pokemon weren't used to this abrupt change in temperature.

The hail was starting to inflict damage on both of the battlers as well. It only did a small, almost-negligible amount of hurt, but that would build up eventually and wear both of them down more. It would help John capture the star, but it wouldn't help Makuhita. She wasn't sure if he was planning on sticking around after catching it, but if he was, it wasn't good to wear out one of his two battlers on the first Pokemon.

John took out another Park ball and tried his luck again, lobbing it at the Water-type. Ivy had high hopes for this one. It neared the Staryu at a good speed despite the hazards in the air, but when it got close, the star-shaped Pokemon seemed to notice it. It suddenly dragged energy up from somewhere, because it jumped up from its flat position and did a spin in mid-air, knocking the ball to the side.

That was just bad luck. Thankfully, this ball didn't look broken either, so John would be able to retrieve it later.

Since he had been busy throwing the ball, the Politoed didn't have any orders. That meant that when the Staryu started to attack, he didn't make a counter move. The Hail dropping down in front of the Staryu began to gather into a ball, and soon after, it shot out in a frozen beam, hitting the Politoed squarely in the stomach. He made a disgruntled noise. He wans't too hurt, but the combination of all the ice chipping away at his energy would start slowing him down soon.

“Maybe you should try a Hypnosis again,” she offered the Trainer.

At this point, with all the snow around, Makuhita would have to get pretty close to try and make eye contact with the Staryu's gem, but it was worth a shot. It was going to be worse for the Politoed if they didn't find some way to stop the Staryu's attack while they tried to capture it.

Then, three orbs of red, blue, and yellow appeared around the now-upright Staryu. They slowly started to spin, but with each turn they gained momentum until there was just a ring of blurring colors. It sort of looked like a Tri-Attack, something that would hit the Politoed decently hard and have a chance to inflict a status on him.

John would have to do something, especially if his next Park Ball didn't work out.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? G Staryu: 20% [Used Ice Beam and using Tri-Attack]
    Relaxed M Politoed: 48% [Used watch the ball be thrown again]

Area Effects: It's hailing.

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Nitro
    Encounters Remaining: 14
    Area Effects: It's hailing.

Pokémon Encountered: Staryu
    Pokémon Captured: None
    MCR: 17,724/15,000 [Borderline Rank]

Items: Apricorn Box | Blue Apricorn | Digital Camera | Energy Powder x2 | Hyper Ball x3 | Park Ball x4 | Pokeplayer | Red Apricorn x4 | Staryu Voice Disk (Used Once) | Super Ball | White Apricorn x2 | Yellow Apricorn

Pokémon Stats

Relaxed M Politoed @ 48%
    Ability: Drizzle
    EMs: HM Waterfall, HM Surf, TM Earthquake, TM Focus Blast, TM Substitute, TM Ice Beam, TM Scald, TM Protect, TM Toxic, TM Hidden Power (Fighting), TM Psychic, TM Counter, TM Brick Break, BM Encore, BM Refresh

Bashful M Ferrothorn
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EMs: HM Cut, HM Strength, HM Flash, TM Swords Dance, TM Thunder Wave, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Bulldoze, TM Toxic, TM Thunderbolt, BM Leech Seed, BM Spikes, BM Seed Bomb, BM Stealth Rock
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

I threw the Park Ball. Once again, Staryu entered the capsule - only to pop right back out again. I sighed. This was really frustrating.

"Maybe you should try Hypnosis." A voice behind me suggested.

I turned, not even realizing my Ranger had disappeared. Somebody new was here. I didn't really care, since this was nearly the end of the run. However, her advice was certainly welcome.

"Let's try it. Makuhita?"

Makuhita nodded. However, before he could attack, Staryu moved. Three beams of energy were launched from its jewel, one red, another blue, and the third one yellow. They spiralled together, forming a tight-woven knot of sorts. This was Tri Attack, a dangerous attack that could cause a burn, a freeze, or paralysis. Makuhita took the attack to the chest, and fell over.

"Hey, you alright, Makuhita?" I asked.

The Politoed slowly got up. He was hurting now, his health looked like it was more than half gone. However, this battle couldn't possibly be dragged out for too much longer. I nodded, calling for Hypnosis. I pulled out another Park Ball as well, ready to throw it after Hypnosis.

EDIT: If it works, I'd like to retrieve those other Park Balls then leave.
    Last edited by Nitro; 12th January 2013 at 05:25 PM.

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

@Nitro;

NBP#1

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

After a few moments, John took Ivy's advice and called out for another Hypnosis attempt. They would have to act fast, since the Tri-Attack would be charged up and released soon. The Politoed shook off the Ice Beam effects as best as he could and then started to move.

It was hard through the hail, but he managed to get close enough to get a good look at the red gem center. He focused on it, and his eyes lit up in blue with energy. Ivy couldn't tell if there was a reaction at first, but then the gem started blinking a little differently, flashing three times and then pausing only to flash three times again, almost like cartoon Z's of sleep. The Tri-Attack slowed down too, until the three orbs fell motionless to the ground and disappeared.

Now John took his chance, and when he threw another Park Ball, it hit the mark without a problem. Ivy could tell it was working because the hail was slowing down, and when she heard the click of the device, it stopped completely. The sun came back out, and the snow that had built up was starting to melt.

Ivy went over to grab the ball, taking a second to throw the two failed ones back at the Trainer. “These should still be usable,” she said when he caught them. “Now let's get back to the outpost so we can register this one to you, and then you should be good to go."

Haji warped them back to the Main Outpost where they finished the necessary paperwork and sent John on his way. Then Ivy heaved a sigh as they headed back out to the Gardens. There was still work to do.

---

Run Complete

---

Current Battle Stats: N/A

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Nitro
    Encounters Remaining: 14
    Area Effects:

Pokémon Encountered: Staryu
    Pokémon Captured: Jolly G Staryu
    MCR: 0

Items: Apricorn Box | Blue Apricorn | Digital Camera | Energy Powder x2 | Hyper Ball x3 | Park Ball x3 | Pokeplayer | Red Apricorn x4 | Staryu Voice Disk (Used Once) | Super Ball | White Apricorn x2 | Yellow Apricorn

Pokémon Stats

Relaxed M Politoed @ 48%
    Ability: Drizzle
    EMs: HM Waterfall, HM Surf, TM Earthquake, TM Focus Blast, TM Substitute, TM Ice Beam, TM Scald, TM Protect, TM Toxic, TM Hidden Power (Fighting), TM Psychic, TM Counter, TM Brick Break, BM Encore, BM Refresh

Bashful M Ferrothorn
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EMs: HM Cut, HM Strength, HM Flash, TM Swords Dance, TM Thunder Wave, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Bulldoze, TM Toxic, TM Thunderbolt, BM Leech Seed, BM Spikes, BM Seed Bomb, BM Stealth Rock
    Last edited by WinterVines; 12th January 2013 at 05:33 PM.
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12