Individual RP: Nitro - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Nitro

Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: Nitro

OOC: Nature is Modest, then. Also, I'm down with double battles.

Swampert's Mud Shot hit Lampent, knocking the Ghost off balance. Staring at Swampert with anger, she faded away. For a moment, I thought she had teleported away or something. However, moments later, she reappeared.

The confusing thing was, four more Lampents reappeared along with her.

My immediate reaction was panic. I could not deal with five Lampents, not even if I added Dragonite to the brawl.

However, upon closer observation, I noticed that some of the Lampent were flickering oddly. The original Lampent must have been using Double Team!

I needed to remove the clones. Though I could tell which one was the real one by looking for the one that was not flickering, I'm sure it would get annoying as the battle progressed.

How do I remove the clones, however? I looked at Swampert, who was cautiously eyeing the five Lampents.

"Swampert, those are Double Team clones," I explained, still thinking about what to do about them. I recited Swampert's learnset in my mind. Then, I remembered a move. This move was typically a useless move, and I had forgotten about it. However, it would be useful right now...

"Swampert, use Foresight!" I commanded. Swampert's eyes glimmered for a moment, and I knew she could now identify the real Lampent.

"Now, use Mud Sport to get rid of those clones. Follow it up with a Mud-Slap on the real thing!"

I knew Mud Sport was an attack that had no real damaging effect on Pokemon. However, I figured that by having Swampert throw mud in the air, the mud would be able to despell the fake Lampents. Additionally, the extra mud on the ground would make Mud-Slap, a normally weak move, much stronger.

Swampert opened her jaw once again, and launched balls of mud from her mouth into the air in a grenade launcher-esque fashion. I waited for the clones to fade away.

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

Trust me, I'm the Doctor. rockman0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

vs. Lampent BP2

"Swampert, use Foresight!" Isaac commanded in response to Lampent's use of Double Team.

Swampert's eyes started to gleam while she concentrated on the multiple Lampent floating in front of her. Foresight would remove any evasion that Lampent had gained from using Double Team. It would also make it easier to identify which of the Lampent was the real one.

"Now, use Mud Sport to get rid of those clones. Follow it up with a Mud-Slap on the real thing!"

Swampert gaped her mouth open once again. Round balls of mud flew out of her mouth like a mortar. The balls fell to the ground in arcs. Some of them fell at Swampert's feet, but others fell towards the Lampent copies, dissipating them as they made contact. By the time Swampert's attack was finished, only the real Lampent remained standing. 0Swampert shot a stream of mud at the Lampent once again. This time, the attack made full contact and knocked Lampent to the ground.

Lampent floated back up in a graceful motion. Her eyes had now turned red. The top of her eyes were slanted. It didn't take much to tell that Lampent was angry by how things had been going.

The Pokemon stretched out both of her arms. A large cloud of poisonous black gas formed and started to expand, with her in the center. Within seconds, it had covered the entire area of the cave that we were in.

"Luxray, use Protect!" I commanded my Pokemon, coughing and covering my face with my arm. Luxray nodded and projected a transparent bubble that surrounded Isaac, her, and me and protected us from harm.

Once Lampent had finished using Smog, she started to spin. As she spun, a large tornado of Fire surrounded her. The fire began to spread as a result of Lampent's use of Smog earlier. The poisonous gas started to heat up until it was no longer black, but a sort of orange. In the background, I saw flocked of Zubat, Woobat, and some Geodude fleeing the area. I could only imagine what condition we would be in if Luxray didn't know Protect. I was glad that I'd gone ahead and taught her how to use it.

I was amazed at how well Swampert was taking the attack. Even though Luxray wasn't protecting her, she just stood there. Being a Water/Ground type Pokemon, she had great resistance against both Poison and Fire type attacks; however, prolonged exposure to the Hot, poisonous gas would have devastating effects on her.
    --------------------------------------------------
    TRAINER STATS
    Name: Isaac Booth
    Area Effect: Dark, hot

Encounters Remaining: 13
    Pokemon Seen: Geodude, Lampent
    Pokemon Captured: N/A

Items on hand: Park Ball x7, Super Ball x3, Hyper Ball x1
    Items used: N/A
    Emergency Items Available: Pokedoll x3 ($500 each), Status Potion x3 ($700 each), Semi-Heal Potion x3 ($900 each), Heal Potion x3 ($1,200 each)

Current Encounter:
    Swampert (97.77%%) vs. Lampent/Female (73.77%)
    Swampert used Foresight + Mud Sport + Mud Shot. Hit.
    Lampent used Smog + Fire Spin

Character Count: 4,264 [MCR: 35,000]

Pokemon Stats:
    Swampert - 99.5%
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Torrent
    TM/HM/BM/MT/SM: HM Dive, TM Hidden Power Flying, TM Ice Beam, TM Rain Dance, HM Rock Climb, HM Rock Smash, HM Strength, TM Substitute, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, HM Whirlpool, TM Avalanche, TM Focus Punch, TM Stealth Rock, BM Counter, MT Ice Punch, BM Mirror Coat, BM Refresh, BM Yawn, MT Outrage, BM Curse

Dragonite - 100%
    Nature: Bashful
    Ability: Inner Focus
    TM/HM/BM/MT/SM: TM Flamethrower, TM Thunderbolt, TM Ice Beam, TM Substitute, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, TM Earthquake, BM ExtremeSpeed, MT Draco Meteor
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies.
    Night will fall and the dark will rise
    Demons run, but count the loss.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Blog Entries

OOC: Not that it bothers me a lot (or a little even, I just think it's worth mentioning), but I used Mud-Slap, not Mud Shot. Mud-Slap's probably weaker, but I was hoping that the extra mud on the ground from the Mud Sport would strengthen it a little. For my post, I'm continuing as if I used Mud-Slap.

As the balls of mud started to land on the group of Lampents, the dopplegangers disappeared - just as I had planned. When only the real Lampent remained, Swampert slapped some of the mud on the ground in Lampent's face. She tipped over and crashed to the ground.

I smiled. The thing was down, and perhaps I could catch it now...?

Nope. The Lampent got right back up, her eyes blazing red with anger. The fire inside her started burning with more vigor. She was clearly pissed, and I realized I would have to do a lot more damage to her before I could capture her.

The Lampent stretched her wavy arms out. A black cloud of gas started forming around her, and spread towards us. I identified this as the Smog attack, and I knew it was poisonous.

"Luxray, use Protect!"

I heard Dee's voice, and moments later, myself, Dee, and his Luxray were surrounded by a transparent bubble. We were safe.

Swampert, however, was in a different situation. The cloud had surrounded her, and I could see her coughing as she was suffocated by the toxic gas. I started to get worried - was she okay?

The Lampent suddenly started spinning. As I shifted my focus to her, a fire started around her - Fire Spin. The fire around her spread to the flammable Smog in the air, tainting the black cloud orange. The fire spread along the Smog quickly, and suddenly we were surrounded in a large cloud of toxic, burning gas. Concerned, I looked at Swampert to see how she was holding up.

Surprisingly, she seemed to be standing her ground. She was a strong Pokemon, and I'm sure it helped that she naturally resisted attacks such as Smog and Fire Spin. However, prolonged exposure to an attack like this would not be helpful as she could end up being burnt and/or poisoned.

But what to do? This was an unusual situation, one that I was not familiar with.

I knew that the burning cloud of gas was a combination of Lampent's Smog and Fire Spin. Then, I remembered both Smog and Fire Spin were Special attacks. My Swampert knew a move that could reflect Special attacks!

"Swampert, force up a Mirror Coat!" I hollered.

Swampert heard me - I could tell because she looked at me in acknowledgement. However, it was tough for her to muster up a Mirror Coat. The Smog/Fire Spin combination was evidently draining her of her energy. I couldn't blame her for struggling in these conditions, but I also knew she had to put up a Mirror Coat to get out of this predicament.

"Come on, Swampert!" I urged.

Hearing her owner's voice begging her, Swampert dug deep. A glowing, shimmering energy started to surround her body, protecting it. At first, the energy was faint and it flickered, threatening to fade away. However, as Swampert regained her senses, the aura grew more and more pronounced and the attack grew weaker and weaker. Soon enough, the burning Smog started to repel away from Swampert and back towards Lampent.
    Last edited by Nitro; 18th June 2011 at 02:00 AM.

[18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]

Blog Entries

vs. Lampent BP3

After Isaac ordered her to use Mirror Coat, Swampert turned around to acknowledge him. The Pokemon had heard her trainer, but she seemed to be struggling to pull off the attack. However, after some urging from her trainer, she successfully used Mirror Coat. Her body started to glow a little orange, almost yellow. All of the flaming gas that Lampent had created was compressed into a small puff of orange smoke and sent hurtling back towards Lampent.

The Pokemon moaned as the flames and gas hit her. Her ghostly voice raised a few pitches. Luckily for her, however, she wasn't poisoned. By now, the room had cleared up again. Luxray immediately released Protect. The bubble that resulted from the move shattered as if it was glass.

"Good job Luxray," I commended to the Electric-type Pokemon that had been my travelling partner since I first became a trainer.

Luxray simply lowered her head and began to nap. Amazingly, however, the glow that she was producing from Flash stayed lit, providing light for Isaac's battle against Lampent.

At this point, however, we didn't really need Flash because Lampent started to spin once again. A tornado of fire formed around the Pokemon. She sped towards Swampert while the flaming tornado continued to burn around her. I was starting to question the Pokemon's sense. A fire type attack would do nothing against Swampert. Fire Spin wasn't even capable of causing burns. What was Lampent thinking? Then again, most of Lampent's level-up attacks were weak against Swampert anyways. This battle was most likely Isaac's to win from the beginning.

[OOC: Wow. Sorry about that. I was reading Mud Slap, but thinking Mud Shot. That was a fail on my part. I did calculate it as Mud Shot though, so you got some extra damage anyway.

Also, this post took me a while to think of. :/ Sorry that it took a while to get up.]
    TRAINER STATS

Emergency Items Available: Pokedoll x3 ($500 each), Status Potion x3 ($700 each), Semi-Heal Potion x3 ($900 each), Heal Potion x3 ($1,200 each)

Current Encounter:
    Swampert (97.77%%) vs. Lampent/Female (70.31%)
    Swampert used Mirror Coat.
    Lampent used Fire Spin.

Character Count: 7,156 [MCR: 35,000]

Pokemon Stats:
    Swampert - 99.5%
    TM/HM/BM/MT/SM: HM Dive, TM Hidden Power Flying, TM Ice Beam, TM Rain Dance, HM Rock Climb, HM Rock Smash, HM Strength, TM Substitute, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, HM Whirlpool, TM Avalanche, TM Focus Punch, TM Stealth Rock, BM Counter, MT Ice Punch, BM Mirror Coat, BM Refresh, BM Yawn, MT Outrage, BM Curse

Dragonite - 100%
    TM/HM/BM/MT/SM: TM Flamethrower, TM Thunderbolt, TM Ice Beam, TM Substitute, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, TM Earthquake, BM ExtremeSpeed, MT Draco Meteor

Blog Entries

OOC: No problem.

As the gas started to repel itself away from Swampert's Mirror Coat, it surged towards Lampent. The gas consumed her, and she started wailing in pain. She writhed around inside the burning gas, obviously taking more damage from it than Swampert did. Though she resisted Fire-type moves, she did not resist them as much as Swampert did. She didn't resist the Smog (which Swampert did), either.

As the deadly gas dissipated, Lampent dropped a few feet with a glassy look in her eyes. She was definitely hurting, although it didn't seem as if she was in the gas long enough to be poisoned by it.

The gas was all gone now. Since Lampent was the one who had created it, it seemed she was able to get rid of it. Since we were no longer in danger, Luxray dropped the protective bubble around us.

"Good job, Luxray," said Dee. Luxray nodded, then lowered her head. She had a tired look in her eyes - the Flash and the Protect must have worn her out. As if on cue, Luxray's eyelids drooped, and the Pokemon fell asleep. However, the light glowing from her body from the Flash did not disappear or falter. Luxray must have known we still needed the light for the battle, and kept the Flash going as she slept.

All of a sudden, I saw another flash of light from the corner of my eyes. While I was distracted by Luxray, the Lampent had regained her balance. Once again, she was spinning like a top, and a tornado of fire formed around her, getting larger and larger as Lampent continued to spin. She was using the Fire Spin attack again.

"Lampent!" she yelled, charging at my Swampert with the tornado around her blazing furiously.

Though I knew Lampent was a strong Pokemon, I wasn't particularly worried about this attack. My Swampert heavily resisted Fire Spin, as it was both Water- and Ground-type. Fire Spin couldn't cause burns, either, so I didn't have to fear that.

Of course, that didn't mean I was going to stand there and let my Swampert be hit. Fire Spin was an attack that could add up to a lot of residual damage over time, and while that probably wasn't going to add up to a lot given Swampert's dual resistances, I figured I might as well do something.

"Swampert, use another Mud-Slap!" I commanded.

In this situation, I figured Mud-Slap would be a very nice move to use. The mud Swampert would slap at Lampent would ideally put out the Fire Spin surrounding her, and perhaps even stop her in her tracks as well. And then, of course it would do a bit of damage.

However, I was more interested in simply taking as little damage as possible. Though Fire Spin would not do a lot of damage to Swampert, I wanted to preserve as much Hit Points as possible. In the long run, it would likely prove to be very helpful given that I would likely be doing battle with many other Pokemon. I only brought Swampert and Dragonite to the Park, and I would have to be very defensive, or else I could find myself with two weakened Pokemon - not a situation I was comfortable with. Should I face a dangerous adversary, I could be in a lot of trouble. No, it would be much better to simply battle cautiously and carefully.

I watched as Swampert slapped her hand on the ground, throwing mud at the Lampent.

[URPG Chat]

Blog Entries

vs. Lampent BP4

Lampent had now reached the end of her attack. She was spinnign at top speed, and the flames around her body had grown to a monstrous size. They crackled and roar and they engulfed the ghost Pokemon's body. The roaring tornado of fire was now moving towards Swampert. Isaac, however, was already think of how he would respond to Lampent's attack.

"Swampert, use another Mud-Slap!" Isaac commanded his Pokemon.

Swampert drew her hands back in an angle. Then, she slapped down on the mud with all of her might. A moderate sized wave of mud rushed towards Lampent. Lampent, most likely sensing that the attack was coming towrds her, stopped spinning suddenly. The Fire Spin attack, however, continued to move on towards Swampert. When the two attack made contact, they cancelled each other out. Only a huge puff of smoke remained where the two attacks had collided.

Things seemed to be going in Isaac's favor, however, as some stray mud that had remained from Swampert's Mud Slap flew towards Lampent. The mud hit and covered the Pokemon's body. Even a little mud was enough to hurt a Pokemon that was primarily made of flames. I imagine the stray bits of mud did at least a little damage to Lampent. Lampent shook the mud off of her body, squealing her name as she did so.

"Lampent" she cried out as her body began to glow. A white outline formed around her body. Then, she began to shrink until she was the size of an apple. A smirk formed on the Pokemon's face.

[OOC: I put the stat change down as ACC+2 to make up for the last Mud Slap, which also should have lowered accuracy.]
    TRAINER STATS

Current Encounter:
    Swampert (97.77%) vs. Lampent/Female/Modest (64.51%) [EVA+2][ACC-2]
    Swampert used Mud Slap.
    Lampent used Minimize.

Character Count: 10,357 [MCR: 35,000]

Pokemon Stats:
    Swampert - 97.77%

Dragonite - 100%

Blog Entries

When Lampent saw that Swampert was slapping mud her way, she immediately stopped in her tracks. Obviously, she was in no rush to literally walk into the attack.

The Fire Spin that had been surrounding Lampent continued going towards Swampert, leaving Lampent behind. However, as the flaming tornado met the Mud-Slap, they negated each other. The mud put out the flames, but at the same time the flames burned the mud away. All that was left was a puff of smoke.

Fortunately for me, some excess mud that was slapped avoided the Fire Spin and managed to hit Lampent. As a Fire-type Pokemon, the mud managed to damage her a little bit. Lampent winced in discomfort, and shook off the mud quickly.

"Lampent!" she yelled, annoyance showing on her face. However, that annoyance quickly turned into a confident, mischievous smirk as a white aura started to radiate from her body.

I didn't know what was going on at first, but then Lampent started to shrink. I recognized this as the Minimize attack, though I did not know before now that Lampent learned Minimize.

Though Minimize was usually a good move to use to frustrate your opponent, I wasn't particularly concerned. Actually, I wasn't concerned at all.

I looked at Swampert, and she nodded back. She knew what I was thinking, and we both chuckled. Lampent probably intended to make herself harder to hit by using Minimize, but my Swampert had used Foresight earlier. Foresight essentially negated the evasiveness boost Minimize gave Lampent.

Swampert watched Lampent as she continued to shrink. It really was a laughable situation. There the Lampent was, using Minimize in the belief that the move would make it harder to hit. In reality, the effect of the Minimize was, well, minimized due to Swampert's Foresight.

Oh, that joke brought me back. Back to Tijuana.

In the summer of 2008, I travelled to Tijuana with a good friend of mine. Her name was Alaska Paloma. There, we had gone through all sorts of odd experiences.

One of the less odd ones was when we had a battle outside of our five-star hotel, the Hotel Ticuan. We were both down to our last Pokemon after her Electrode used Explosion and knocked out my Dragonite. I called out my Hitmonlee, while she called out her Clefable.

Figuring I had an easy win, I allowed her to send her move first. The more of a gentleman I am in the day, the better the sex was at night, right? Besides, Hitmonlee would mop the floor with Clefable regardless of what Clefable used.

Or so I thought.

Due to her sassy competitive fire, Alaska ordered a Minimize from her Clefable rather than simply giving up. I was very concerned about this turn of events, because Alaska' Clefable was perhaps one of the most adept users of Minimize in the world. After all, Alaska had a tendency to minimize things. Like Coach Walton had said to me in high school, practice makes perfect (although that's a story for another time).

I remember being really worried. I did not want to lose to Alaska because she was a horrible winner - no sportsmanship whatsoever. Then, however, by some crazy coincidence, my Pokedex started beeping. It was a text message, but that really wasn't the important part.

After I had replied to the text, my PokeDex returned to the screen it was at prior to the text message. It was at Hitmonlee's moveset - I had been studying his moves the night before. I saw the move Foresight, and I realized that move would counter Clefable's Minimize! Gleefully, I had commanded a Foresight out of my Hitmonlee.

That was when Alaska, who had a clever and humorous mind, made the joke.

"Your Foresight minimized the effect of my Minimize!" she had exclaimed.

It was just one of those moments that we couldn't stop laughing because it was so funny. A moment like that just got stuck in my mind, and it was one of my most memorable memories from that Tijuana trip. It may not seem that funny to someone who had not been there, but it was a moment where Alaska and I bonded through laughter.

Suddenly, I snapped back to reality, a disgusted feeling in my stomach. I couldn't start thinking about Tijuana. Ultimately, it would lead to those painful memories...

I shook my head, refocusing myself. My thoughts needed to stay here. Should my mind wander to Tijuana, it would not turn out well for my mental well-being. I couldn't lose my head now, not when I was at the Park with an objective in mind.

As I reassessed the situation, I knew that Swampert would have no problem hitting Lampent despite her Minimize - I could thank Foresight for that.

Determined to remain focused on the battle, I ordered Swampert to use the first attack that came to my mind.

"Swampert, use Ice Punch!" I ordered.

Immediately, Swampert's fist started to glow blue, and shards of ice started to sprout from it. She started charging towards Lampent, fist ready to strike.

I regretted ordering this attack - as Lampent was a Fire-type, she resisted Ice-type attacks. However, as I mulled it over in my mind, I figured there was some good to this situation. If by some stroke of luck Lampent was frozen by the Ice Punch (though I was not counting on it), then the pace of the battle would be slowed down a lot. I would have an easier time whittling away at Lampent's HP, but more importantly, my mind would probably avoid wandering to Tijuana.

OOC: Alaska kind of wanted me to include a trip to Tijuana featuring her in my RP, so I was ended up including that bit in there. I'm thinking I'll have another flashback which should reveal why my character doesn't want to think about Tijuana later on if there's a good opportunity for it. Based on what I have in mind, it could be interesting. ;)

[URPG Chat]

Blog Entries

vs. Lampent BP5

Lampent floated there in the sky with a huge smile on her face. She looked at Swampert defiantly, as if to say “Try and hit me now.” It was like she was challenging Isaac and Swampert to make their next move.

Isaac, on the other hand, looked as if he didn’t even care about Swampert’s last move. I knew from experience that Minimize was a horrible move. There were many times when I just wanted to choke my opponent because he just trolled Minimize until his Pokémon couldn’t use the attack anymore. All of my Pokémon’s attacks just seemed to go straight through the Pokémon. It was horribly frustrating for me. Why wasn’t Isaac bothered? I thought to myself.Then, it donned on me.

An image of Swampert using Foresight flashed into my mind. I had forgotten that Foresight negated all evasion-boosting attacks, even those that were used after Foresight had been executed. Note to self, I thought, teach Staraptor how to use Foresight.

Lampent was still glaring at Swampert with that defiant look on her face when Isaac ordered Swampert to use Ice Punch. Lampent’s smile quickly faded away when she saw that Swampert’s Ice Punch was on a direct path towards her face. Swampert’s hand glowed blue as she swung it at the ghost Pokémon and made direct contact. Bit of ice and frost burst into view as she finished her attack.

Lampent cried out in pain as a block of ice expanded from her face and eventually covered her entire body. A frozen block of ice containing Lampent fell to the ground. Lampent looked towards us in horror, unable to move her body.

Lampent would be unable to attack this time around, but with her being a Fire-type, she’d most likely use Ember or a similar move to burst her way out of the ice. Isaac would have to take advantage of the situation while he had a chance.

OOC: I had no idea that Foresight negated all evasion-boost attacks after it too. Wow. I just learned something.

TRAINER STATS

Current Encounter:
    Swampert (97.77%) vs. Lampent/Female/Modest (51.23%)[ACC-2]
    Swampert used Mud Slap.
    Lampent used Minimize.

Character Count: 15,686 [MCR: 35,000]

Pokemon Stats:
    Swampert - 97.77%

Dragonite - 100%
    Last edited by rockman0; 28th June 2011 at 05:41 PM.

Blog Entries

OOC: Looks like you forgot to update the character count, though at this early stage it's not really relevant yet.

Swampert swung her Ice Punch at Lampent. Shards of ice flew from her fist, knocked off by the contact. As Lampent was knocked away by the punch, Swampert shook off the ice that remained on her fist.

Lampent was encased in a block of ice. Her eyes stared at me in horror, but she couldn't move her body in her frozen state. I had time to mull things over.

To be honest, I was extremely surprised that my attack froze Lampent. My intent was not actually to freeze the Pokemon, though obviously it was something that helped me.

As I watched Lampent, I realized the block of ice around her was shrinking quickly. Being a Fire-type, the fire inside of her must have been quickly melting the ice. Within moments, she would defrost. I would have to capitalize on this opportunity while I could.

Or actually...

With a new idea in mind, I called to my Swampert.

"Pert?" Swampert turned her head to face me upon hearing her name called.

"Use Avalanche to reinforce the ice block that Lampent is trapped in!" I ordered. My plan was to, obviously, reinforce the ice block that Lampent was trapped in. The idea was that the ice blocks from Avalanche would fall on to the ice block, and the ice would melt into one. That would strengthen the ice block, and keep Lampent frozen for a little while longer.

This was a strategy I learned from Brycen, the leader of the Iccirus City Gym. When I had challenged his gym, his Beartic had frozen my Volcarona with an Ice Beam. I had ordered Volcarona to use Fire Spin, hoping the Fire-type attack would melt the ice off of Volcarona.

However, Brycen had countered by ordering his Beartic to use Avalanche. By smashing blocks of ice on to Volcarona, the ice was reinforced and Volcarona's Fire Spin wasn't strong enough to burn through all of that ice.

I intended to use a similar tactic here. However, my Swampert was not as proficient at Ice-type attacks as Brycen's Beartic must have been. I could easily imagine Swampert using too much power and smashing the ice block Lampent was encased in rather than strengthening it.

Swampert smashed her fists into the ground, double axe handle style. As she did so, she froze part of the ground. The result was instead of normal rocks being smashed into the air, chunks of ice were launched towards Lampent.

[URPG Chat]

Blog Entries

vs. Lampent BP6

With Lampent frozen solid and quickly melting the ice around her, there was no time to lose. Isaac would have to act quickly if he was going to take advantage of the benefits that he’d been granted by Lampent’s Frozen status. He called Swampert’s name to gain her attention.

“Pert?” The Pokemon replied.

"Use Avalanche to reinforce the ice block that Lampent is trapped in!" He commanded the Water-type Pokemon.

With a mighty cry, Swampert smashed her fists into the ground. The ground underneath her froze over into a complete sheet of ice. I stepped back to prevent the ice from reaching my feet. The force exerted from Swampert’s smash caused small blocks of ice to rise from the ground. They rushed towards Lampert as if guided by the wind.

The partially thawed Lampent had finally started to wiggle herself free when the ice crashed into her. The small blocks of ice quickly merged with the ice that held Lampent to the ground. Lampent let out a cry of annoyance as the ice slowly climbed back up to the top of her head.

“Nice,” I commended. I would have never thought to reinforce the ice in order to save more time. The fact that Avalanche would also do a bit of damage was a bonus.

Lampent would be stuck there until the heat from her own body melted the ice or the ice gave out on its own. Unfortunately, she didn’t learn any moves that could be used while she was frozen.

OOC: Fixed it. It actually made a bit of a difference. Thanks for letting me know.

TRAINER STATS

Current Encounter:
    Swampert (97.77%) vs. Lampent/Female/Modest (40.74%)[ACC-2][FRZ]
    Swampert used Mud Slap.
    Lampent used Minimize.

Character Count: 17,974 [MCR: 35,000]

Pokemon Stats:
    Swampert - 97.77%

Dragonite - 100%

Blog Entries

OOC: I'm kinda worried about how many more characters I still need compared to Lampent's health... Any advice? Other than implementing flashbacks, since I've already done that... I don't really like doing flashbacks either since it just feels random. @_@ Although there happens to be a flashback in this post since as I said, I'm getting worried about the MCR.

Lampent had managed to free her head from the ice block she had been encased in when the Avalanche connected. The chunks of ice buried Lampent and the ice she was frozen in, and Lampent's burning flame immediately melted the seperate chunks of ice into one massive block - on that she was frozen in.

"Nice," commented Dee. I smiled, watching Lampent. She was evidently pissed off. Her eyes were staring at me with immense anger - almost as if they could burn straight through the ice.

Of course, I knew this wasn't the case. The thing was frozen, and frozen for a while thanks to Swampert's Avalanche. Obviously, Lampent would defrost relatively quickly due to the flame within her. However, there was no question that we had plenty of time.

Once again, my memories of that crazy Tijuana trip flashed through my mind. Perhaps freezing Lampent was not a good idea after all - I suspect that instead of the calm pace of the battle drawing my mind away from those memories, it would instead lure my mind towards them.

Already, I was remembering one of the more crazier situations. The frozen Lampent was sparking a memory...

It was a starry night. Very beautiful. However, my companion Alaska Paloma and I were not indoors. Instead, we were indoors, and in a very tight situation.

It started off with the two of us somehow drunk as hell. We were both heavy drinkers, so it was no surprise. However, we somehow encountered some drug dealers, and Alaska thought it would be funny to pull a prank on them.

We were in a private section of the club. Alaska and I were sitting at a table with a tattooed man who was the leader of some gang, and we had overheard earlier that he was in the market for cocaine, which was why we were sitting across from him. See, Alaska's idea (and it was extremely stupid in retrospect) was that we sell him some "coke" (which, in reality, was actually just sugar). We figured we could make some easy cash.

Well, obviously he saw straight through us. After we made the transaction, he quickly sniffed the sugar-cocaine. At that point, it was nothing short of blatently obvious that we were pulling his tail. As a gang leader, he obviously had some thugs hanging around as security. When he realized that we had fooled him, he immediately stood up and barked at his goons to shoot us.

Somehow, Alaska and I made it out of the club alive. The moment the gang leader had sniffed the sugar-cocaine, we had booked it. His thugs chased us as we cut through the club towards the exit. In our state of mind, we were stumbling all over the place, but we somehow pushed through the back door of the club.

Unfortunately, we had found ourselves in a network of alleys. This probably wouldn't have been a huge problem as we could've easily found our way back on to the street, but that wasn't what happened. Rather, as Alaska and I were chased through the alleys, we rushed straight into a dead end.

So we were cornered by 6'4" gangsters that held massive revolvers in their meaty hands. It was a predicament in which nobody should have escaped from, but somehow two drunk friends made it out alive.

See, one of the men decided to start being a wiseass. He cracked jokes with his friends, all of which targeted Alaska and I. He called us many names, and made fun of everything from our dumb choice to our intoxicated state.

While it certainly wasn't a pleasant experience (especially when there were multiple revolvers aimed at your head), it gave me an opportunity to save both Alaska's life as well as my own.

What I did was I silently removed Dragonite's Pokeball from my belt by slowly rubbing the wall against the back of my jeans where the Pokeball was located. It fell, and I stealthily caught it by deftly and silently stopping the ball's momentum by catching it between the back of my shoe and the wall.

At that point, I figured we were safe. Perhaps it was just the alcohol, but I felt completely relaxed when I leaned back and pressed the button on the Pokeball with my finger. However, this movement quickly halted the gangsters' laughter, and they had pressed the triggers on the guns immediately.

Fortunately for Alaska and I, Dragonite's large frame exploded into view, and she took the bullets instead. That was definitely a problem, but I managed to get an Ice Beam out of her before she slipped into unconsciousness. The Ice Beam froze the gangsters, and I returned the bleeding and dying Pokemon back to her Pokeball (which slowed down the pace at which Dragonite's life force faded away dramatically).

From that point, Alaska and I had to hustle our asses out of Tijuana. Hell, we had to get out of the country. The gang leader had contacts all over Mexico, and it was a dangerous and eventful road trip out of the country. Not to mention, we had to deal with my dying Dragonite as well.

But that's a memory I'll have to revisit later, I figured as I shook myself back to the present. Right now, my concern was not an army of Mexican gangsters. Rather, I had to figure out what to do next in terms of the battle with the frozen Lampent.

Doing more damage to Lampent was certainly an option, since Lampent was frozen and thus unable to counterattack. I decided to go with that. Given Swampert's relatively one-dimensional moveset, there wasn't much else I could do.

Of course, I still had to decide which attack to use. I figure that it would be much more beneficial to use a move that had a helpful side effect. I did not want to KO Lampent.

"Let's use Mud-Slap again, Swampert!" I called, before adding, "And hold back while you're doing it, okay? We don't want to do too much damage to Lampent."

Swampert nodded. I trusted her to know what she was doing. By now, she knew that if I ordered a Mud-Slap out of her, she would aim for reducing Lampent's accuracy/visibility rather than focusing on damaging her opponent. After all, if I wanted her to deal a lot of damage, I would ask for a more powerful attack.

[URPG Chat]

Blog Entries

vs. Lampent BP7

Save for Lampent's cries of annoyance, the cave was relatively quiet. The avalanche that Swampert created had faded away. Everything ahead of us was frozen, including Lampent. Isaac seemed to have drifted off into deep thought. Was he comtemplating his next move? Was he having some sort of flashback? I couldn't tell, but just as I started to wonder what he was doing, he sort of...snapped out of it.

"Let's use Mud Slap again Swampert," he commanded his Pokemon. "And hold back while you're doing it, okay? We don't want to do too much damage to Lampent."

Swampert acknowledged her trainer's orders. Just like she had done earlier, she drew back her hand. Then, with little effort, she whipped it forward, hitting the ground below. A medium-sized splash of mud and ice was lifted from the ground by Swampert's force. It rushed towards the frozen Lampent and collided with the block of ice that held Lampent in place. The ice became brown with the mud. If Lampent could see through the ice before, she most definitely couldn't see now.

I'm not sure what Lampent was thinking at the moment, but from what I could see, she most definitely wasn't moving. The ice stood firm and continued to hold the Ghost-type Pokemon in place. The same look of horror and shock was draped across her face.

OOC: Your post was...interesting. lol. You forgot to describe the attack, but it doesn't matter that time. You did a good job with the rest of the post, so I let it slide. As for your question, there are different things to do. Some people switch to defensive modes. They only dodge, block, etc until they meet the MCR. You could also focus on moves that don't do damage so and sort of "annoy" the Pokemon until you can catch it. It's up to you. Since your posts are good, I won't KO the Pokemon though. Usually, Pokemon are KO'ed if the posts are no good, but you don't have to worry about that. Just don't go using Earthquake or Hydro Pump or anything. :p Also, remember, 1%-10% health is the HP range that will give you the best base chance of capture.
    TRAINER STATS

Current Encounter:
    Swampert (97.77%) vs. Lampent/Female/Modest (33.95%)[ACC-3][FRZ]
    Swampert used Mud Slap.
    Lampent is Frozen!

Character Count: 17,974 [MCR: 23,936]

Pokemon Stats:
    Swampert - 97.77%

Dragonite - 100%

Blog Entries

Upon hearing my command, Swampert threw a splash of mud at Lampent. The mud went straight into Lampent's eyes, with a few drops tainting the ice block Lampent was encased in brown. Her face was full of terror and shock, and she wasn't moving. For a moment, I feared that I had knocked the Pokemon out.

However, I realized that the fire within her chest was still burning, though it was certainly getting weaker and weaker with every attack. I figured that if she was indeed knocked out, the flame would be out completely.

Lampent was still frozen in ice. The flame was still melting away the ice, but Lampent was still frozen - for now. However, I was unsure what to do next. I could continue to use Mud-Slap and chip away at Lampent's visibility and accuracy, but I figured that at this point, it was unnecessary. Lampent had already taken multiple Mud-Slaps throughout the match, and the impact of further reducing her accuracy would be minimal.

However, Swampert was not a very versatile Pokemon. There wasn't much else she could do...

Looking at Lampent, I figured I didn't have much longer before she defrosted. The fire within her was sure to quicken up the pace at which she defrosted. I probably still had a while, but I didn't know for sure.

Making up my mind, I ordered Swampert to use Stealth Rock.

"Swampert, use Stealth Rock! Plant the rocks just high enough for Lampent to take minimal damage - don't make them so high that they knock her out or do significant damage, even." I instructed.

This was a good idea, in my mind. With all the mud in Lampent's eyes, Stealth Rock would be a very smart move to use. The mud would make it difficult for her to see the Stealth Rocks placed around the cavern floor. I was hoping that she would see the rocks, and be smart enough to avoid moving so that she not accidentally hit the rocks.

If she did, however, she wouldn't take as much damage as most Fire-types would take from the Stealth Rock attack. Since she levitates at a certain height, I ordered Swampert to make the Stealth Rocks a certain height so that Lampent would take minimal damage from running into the rocks, should the mud in her eyes accidentally cause her to hit one.

However, that reasoning was in my mind simply to calm it down. Stealth Rock was a move that did even more damage to Fire-types than it did to most other types, so using it worried me just a little bit. However, I hoped that adjusting the height of the Stealth Rocks would prevent too much damage from being done to Lampent.

Swampert smashed her fist into the ground. From the ground around Lampent, pointed rock pillars sprouted. There were about five, and they stood about a few feet from each other.

At the moment, their tips rested above Lampent, who was frozen in an ice block on the ground. However, the idea was that once she had defrosted and regained her senses, she would levitate at a level at which she would take as little damage as possible from the sharpened stone tips. However, the primary purpose of this attack was not to damage Lampent, but to dissuade her from moving too much, since her vision was already partly obscured by the mud in her eyes.

[URPG Chat]

Bitch be trippin' balls! PokeViper's Avatar

BP-1

Ranger Jack Fenix
    -=-=-

OOC: for rangers, sorry my first posts have been BORRING!
    Jack was riding on his Serenity, a new found boredom on his face. His arms were draped over the sides of his pokemon and his head was lying on Serenity’s head. Her fans beat fast as they flew towards their destination. This was his first time to Mt. Deckbi and he was not happy. He hated the intense heat of Mt. Deckbi as much as he hated the intense cold of Mt. Oktori. He had been sent a text message while sleeping on his desk back at the ranger’s headquarters. Ivy was away, but that didn’t seem to stop her from knowing what he was doing. The text was from none other than her and it told him to get his lazy sleeping ass of the desk and go take over a run for a kid at Deckbi. Not wanting to piss off the beautifully strict boss, he dragged his feet outside.

They had finally made it to the mountain and Serenity the Yanmega landed near where he knew the fighting trainer was. He kept Serenity out of her ball because he hoped the fast beating wings would help keep him cool. He soon found out that all it did was blow hot air at him, and he visibly drooped.

He walked into the cave that was specified and sure enough inside was a trainer and two pokemon. However Jack was surprised at how cool it was in the cave and felt quite a bit more comfortable. He was even more surpised to see a frozen Lampent in a room covered in quickly melting snow. The cave was beginning to get covered in water but it was quickly drying up into the Earth. As for the Lampent it too was thawing out.
    "Swampert, use Stealth Rock! Plant the rocks just high enough for Lampent to take minimal damage - don't make them so high that they knock her out or do significant damage, even."

Jack didn’t have to wait long to see why he had done this. That Lampent looked very worse for wear and he didn’t know how much more it could take. The Stealth Rock attack acted as a mine field for the Lampent.

The rocks rose from the ground and surrounded the Lampent, it didn’t make it impossible to navigate but it would certainly hinder its process. It also seemed that the Lampent was done with the ice. Most of it had melted away and the Lampent made short work of the rest of the ice by bashing away at it until it fell to the ground in chunks.

Jack didn’t know what it could do being covered in so much mud and so low on health but he waited to see. He decided against letting the trainer know he was there as to not throw off his concentration.

Jack watched then as first the Lampent seemed to calm down, the room filled with a white smoke, a haze attack. Apparently the Lampent was fed up with how this battle was going and wanted for a quick change of pace. It was very quick because the next moment the Lampent began creating a ball of black and purple goup and bleh. It was the best way Jack could describe the shadow ball attack. The Lampent then launched the ball at the Swampert, whom quite frankly, was startled by the quick turn of events. It took the brunt of the attack too. Luckily, ghost attacks don’t do too much against a water ground type.

Jack wondered what Isaac would do next and he turned to look at him.

-=-=-

Current Battle Stats:
    Female Lampent (???) Modest (33.95%) ACC-3 [FRZ] VS. Female Swampert (Torrent) Modest (97.77%)

Lampent uses Haze and Shadow Ball
    Swampert uses Stealth Rock

-=-=-

Trainer Stats:
    Encounters left: 13
    Pokemon Encountered: Geodude, Lampert
    Pokemon Captured:
    MCR: 21,144/25,000

Items:
    Park Ball x7
    Super Ball x3
    Hyper Ball x1

-=-=-

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Swampert- 97.77%
    Nickname:
    EMs: HM Dive, TM Hidden Power Flying, TM Ice Beam, TM Rain Dance, HM Rock Climb, HM Rock Smash, HM Strength, TM Substitute, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, HM Whirlpool, TM Avalanche, TM Focus Punch, TM Stealth Rock, BM Counter, MT Ice Punch, BM Mirror Coat, BM Refresh, BM Yawn, MT Outrage, BM Curse

Pokemon: Dragonite
    Nickname:
    EMs: TM Flamethrower, TM Thunderbolt, TM Ice Beam, TM Substitute, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, TM Earthquake, BM ExtremeSpeed, MT Draco Meteor

Thanks EternusSitus
    click for my URPG

Blog Entries

OOC: Lampent is 35,000 characters, not 25,000 as you put.

Just as I had planned, pointed stone pillars grew around Lampent - the result of Swampert's Stealth Rock. They were set at an altitude that would do minimal damage to Lampent should she happen to scrape them, but damage nonetheless.

By now however, Lampent had melted through all of the ice. She was definitely angry at me for trapping her in the ice for so long - it was evident as the flames within her body were burning brighter than they had ever been throughout the match.

As a matter of fact, the flames inside Lampent were starting to look unnaturally hot. I couldn't tell for certain, but what seemed to be white smoke was exuding from her body. Then, I realized my suspicions had been correct. The Lampent was smoking, and before long white smoke filled the cavern. I couldn't see anything - not Swampert, not my Ranger, not his Luxray. All I could see was a bright, radiant light that was clearly Lampent.

I recognized this as the Haze attack. What that meant for me was that the drop in accuracy Lampent had due to my Mud-Slaps were gone. That also meant that the Stealth Rocks I had just planted would be rendered useless, as Lampent could actually see now. She would definitely avoid the pointed rocks, something she may not have been able to do with the mud in her eyes.

I grunted, a little annoyed with this turn of events. Last time I had been in a situation like this, it had not been fun. I had encountered a wild Torkoal on the Fiery Path in Hoenn, and I had been overjoyed. I had always wanted a Torkoal.

However, the moment the Coal Pokemon spotted me, he had become startled. Immediately, white smoke had come billowing out of his nostrils and his shell. I figured it had been some sort of natural reaction and/or defensive maneuver. At any rate, the white smoke clouded up the area, and I hadn't been able to see a thing.

Unfortunately, that hadn't been the worst part. That had actually been when Torkoal had stop exuding gas - something that became obvious when the gassy hissing noise came to an abrupt halt.

That's bad because a little known fact about Torkoal is that when they stop puffing smoke, it means that they will erupt soon.

Yeah.

All in all, not a pleasant experience. It resulted in a heavily burned arm for me, which essentially put my Pokemon journey on a six month hiatus.

All of a sudden, I noticed a dark ball forming close to the glow that was Lampent. Part of me - the artistic side - noticed the beauty of the contrasting colours, but the rest of me was wondering exactly what it was and how to deal with it if it was a threat.

When the ball had grown to a large size, it was launched in my direction. However, Lampent had missed me pretty bad. I could see that the ball was clearly going to rush past my left probably about six meters of where I was. Then, I realized that it had not been aimed towards me, but towards my Swampert. My Swampert had stood somewhere over there, and there was where the ball was on a collision path towards.

I was proven right when the ball suddenly exploded, and I heard my Swampert cry in agony. I realized that the ball must've been a Shadow Ball, and it had exploded on impact with my Swampert.

"Swampert, you alright?" I called to my Pokemon. "Let's see if we can clear this smoke away... Use Hidden Power!"

My Swampert's Hidden Power type was Flying. By harnessing the energy of the wind, I was hoping that my Swampert could release a Hidden Power that would clear away the smoke. It would probably be strong enough to deal some damage to Lampent as well, though it was certainly not the main thing I was hoping to accomplish.

I heard Swampert bellow, and then a light blue-grey aura started appearing from where Swampert's roar had come from. Though I couldn't see Swampert, it was clear that the energy was surrounding her body.

Then, Swampert released the energy. The energy exploded from her body, and I felt wind on my face as smoke was blown past me. Soon enough, all of the smoke had dissipated.

[URPG Chat]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast