Individual RP: N - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Individual RP: N

Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: N

Dragonite flew up into the sky, and flew around lazily as she watched Jellicent carefully for any signs of an attack. However, Jellicent made no move to do anything at all. I found this odd, but waiting forever wasn't going to settle anything. I waited a few more seconds, then relented and gave the signal for Dragonite to attack.

"Dragonite!" she bellowed, pulling into a steep dive on a collision course with the unmoving Jellicent.

Just before Dragonite connected, however, Jellicent finally moved. He blew a gust of wind at Dragonite, reminiscent of an earlier attack. The Pokemon was using Icy Wind again. The move was enough to slow Dragonite's descent, but Dragonite still smacked into Jellicent with some respectable oomph to his attack.

"Well done, Dragonite!" I said as she returned to my side. Remarkably, she was only a little damaged, after all we had been through already. We had handled this battle very well.

"Dragonite!" my Pokemon roared, pointing out to the lake. I turned my head to see what was going on, and I saw Jellicent slowly retreating beneath the water's surface. At first, I thought it was trying to escape and began panicking. Then, I realized that wasn't what was going on. It wasn't retreating further into the lake, only heading straight down. This was an attack - this was Dive.

I remembered a past experience with this attack, against the Gym Leader Juan of Sootopolis City. Our battle had stretched into a second hour, and it had been down to my Dragonite against his Kingdra. I had the upper hand, having landed a solid blow on Kingdra earlier in the battle, but as I went for the finishing blow, Juan had been able to counter.

"Dragonite, use Draco Meteor!" I commanded. "End it now!"

"Not so fast!" Juan cried, flinging his hand to the side. "Kingdra, don't give in so easily! Use Dive!"

Dragonite roared loudly, and flung a blast of blue energy at Kingdra. But, it was too late. The attack slammed harmlessly into the water - Kingdra had already submerged into the safety of the water.

Dragonite stumbled, dropping a few feet. The Draco Meteor had taken a lot out of her, and she was already fatigued from the length of this battle. But, Kingdra was just as exhausted, if not even more. We still held the upper hand.

"Dragonite, don't let it escape!" I cried. "We're so close to winning! We'll just have to find Kingdra ourselves! Use Reflect and fly over the water!"

Dragonite nodded, and a reflective barrier formed around he body. This was normally used defensively to reduce the impact of Physical attacks, but the reflective properties of the move would come in handy in a different way here.

Dragonite jumped, and began flying over the water. I kept my eye trained on her chest, where the reflection of the water was visible. If Dragonite flew over wherever Kingdra was hiding, I could find him!

Dragonite combed the water's surface, trusting me to find Kingdra. However, all I ever saw was the pool's floor. Kingdra was nowhere to be seen. Then, I saw the Pokemon. He was hiding in the corner of the pool!

"Dragonite, in the corner!" I called. Dragonite immediately snapped to attention. "Use Dragon Rush! End it now!"

"It won't be that easy!" Juan yelled. "Kingdra, attack!"

Kingdra launched himself straight up, flying out of the water and tackling Dragonite straight in the chest. My Pokemon cried out loudly, and flipped into the pool weakly.

"No! Dragonite!" I called. But, my Pokemon wasn't coming back up. She was drained.

"It's over," Juan said, a satisfied smile on his face. "Good job, Kingdra."

I dropped to my knees. How did this happen? I had the advantage throughout the battle, and I had even been able to find Kingdra hiding in the pool during Dive. I should have been able to finish that battle off!

"You could have won that," Juan admitted. "The Reflect strategy was very interesting, and I certainly did not see it coming. But, when you decided to chase after my Kingdra, it was over for you. Don't go looking for your opponent if he's hiding from you - wait him out. When the hunted is hiding from the hunter, the hunter should always wait his prey out. He is the predator, the one whom the prey is hiding from. The only way he can lose his prey is if he becomes impatient and falls into his prey's trap... becoming the prey."

Becoming the prey... Juan's words echoed in my ears. I wouldn't become the prey again.

Dragonite growled angrily, looking out to the lake for Jellicent. She hopped into the air, and began to fly towards the lake.

"No," I said calmly. Dragonite turned to face me, confusion on her face.

"We're not becoming the prey again, Dragonite," I said softly. "We're going to wait Jellicent out. He can't hide down there forever - we'll wait as long as we have to for him to show his head and expose himself. He will have to eventually, otherwise we're keeping him down there forever."

Dragonite nodded, calming down a little. I made my instruction. "Use Fly one more time! Stay up in the air until you see Jellicent, alright? Wait until Jellicent shows up, and then you attack! We're going to try and get into capture range with this next move!"

Dragonite nodded, rejuvenated by our strategy. She launched herself straight up, climbing the sky. I watched the water's surface, looking for any sign of Jellicent.

"Come out, Jellicent," I muttered under my breath. "You're still my prey."
    Last edited by Nitro; 18th August 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Ranger: Leo
    Trainer: @Nitrous Oxide

Commencing..

"Well done, Dragonite!" John said to his Pokemon. It was always good to let your Pokemon know when they're doing a good job. In my opinion, it encourages them to try even harder. At least that is what I thought, even if it didn't a little positive reinforcement was always nice. His Dragonite noticed Jellicent was using Dive and alerted his partner, who immediately thought Jellicent was gone, but he caught on to what was going on and nodded. His Dragonite took off to peruse Jellicent.

"No," He said calmly. His Dragonite stopped and turned around to look at him, slightly confused. "We're not becoming the prey again, Dragonite. We're going to wait Jellicent out. He can't hide down there forever - we'll wait as long as we have to for him to show his head and expose himself. He will have to eventually, otherwise we're keeping him down there forever." I just assumed that it was something that happened in their past, since he said, again. Whatever had happened left them prepared for this, so in a way, it was good.

"Use Fly one more time! Stay up in the air until you see Jellicent, alright? Wait until Jellicent shows up, and then you attack! We're going to try and get into capture range with this next move!" This seemed like an okay plan. That way she could attack Jellicent without having to take the damage from Dive, pretty good. Dragonite flew up high and awaited for Jellicent to emerge. He didn't have to wait long, because Jellicent shot out of the water and was headed towards Dragonite. That was when she flew down to strike it with Fly. Both collided, but it was obvious that Dragonite had caused more damage.

Both Pokemon retreated back to recover from their attacks. This was, in my opinion, the perfect time for John to try and capture Jellicent. I wasn't sure if Jellicent would use a recovery move, but I hoped not. I would have hated for him to do all that work for nothing. Well, it would have more health, but I don't think it would be as strong. This battle was as good as over.

Name: John Shay
    Total Money: 1,000
    Total Items: Apricorn Box
    Digital Camera
    Energy Powder x2
    Frillish Voice Disk
    Hyper Ball x3
    Park Ball x4
    Park Pass x2
    Super Ball x2

Cloyster the Dragonite
    Nature: Bashful
    Ability: Inner Focus/Multiscale
    Level-Up Moves: Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Roost, Wrap, Leer, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Slam, Agility, Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail, Dragon Rush, Safeguard, Dragon Dance, Wing Attack, Outrage, Hyper Beam, Hurricane
    TMs/HMs: TM Flamethrower, TM ThunderBolt, TM Ice Beam, TM Substitute, TM Protect, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, TM Earthquake, TM Dragon Pulse, TM Return, TM Stone Edge, TM Dragon Claw, TM Ice Punch, TM Roar, TM Thunder, TM Brick Break, TM Fire Blast, TM Focus Blast, TM Hidden Power (Ice), TM Reflect, TM Light Screen, TM Rain Dance, TM Sunny Day, TM Curse, TM Rest, TM Toxic
    BMs/MTs/SMs: BM ExtremeSpeed, MT Draco Meteor, SM Heal Bell, MT Superpower

Prinplup the Venusaur
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Overgrow/Chlorophyll
    Level-Up Moves: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip, PoisonPowder, Sleep Powder, Take Down, Razor Leaf, Sweet Scent, Growth, Double-Edge, Petal Dance, Worry Seed, Synthesis, SolarBeam, Seed Bomb
    TMs/HMs: TM Swords Dance, TM Giga Drain, TM Sludge Bomb, TM Earthquake, TM Roar, TM Substitute, TM Hidden Power (Ice)
    BMs/MTs/SMs: BM Power Whip, BM Leaf Storm
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Blog Entries

Dragonite climbed up into the sky, and I watched the water's surface for any sign of Jellicent. We didn't have to wait too long - a few bubbles appeared, and suddenly, Jellicent launched out from underwater. My mind flashed back to the time Kingdra has used Dive on Dragonite. It was a similar scenario now, only I was determined to come out of this one the winner.

"Dragonite, now!" At my command, Dragonite descended on Jellicent. The attack was well-timed - just as Jellicent's momentum ended, Dragonite slammed into him. Dragonite wasn't going to get away from that collision scot-free, but Jellicent was certainly getting the worst of it.

"Jellicent!" Jellicent cried. The Pokemon dropped, sinking back into the water with a loud splash.

Dragonite returned to my side. She was tired and breathing heavily, but all things considered, she had taken very little damage. This battle had played out very well for me.

I turned my attention to the water's surface, waiting for Jellicent to reappear. I pulled an empty Super Ball off of my belt. The moment it did, I was going to capture it.

Eventually, Jellicent resurfaced. The Pokemon was clearly hurt. He was moving slowly and gingerly, and his body was marked with bruises from the many attacks he had taken during this battle. This was a prime opportunity for me to capture it.

"You're mine, Jellicent!" I shouted. If I could make the capture now, I could leave the Park mere minutes after entering - a highly successfully run for me. But first, I had to make Jellicent mine.

"Dragonite, use Wrap!" I commanded. "We can't let Jellicent escape when I'm trying to capture it."

Dragonite nodded, and flew towards Jellicent, preparing to wrap its tail around it. If Jellicent was trapped in Dragonite's Wrap, it would be unable to move, allowing me to have an easier time making the capture. Not only that, but Wrap would add on a little more damage on to Jellicent. It looked like he was on the brink the way things were now, but it was highly doubtful that an attack as weak as Wrap would finish him off while he had the two Defense boosts. Wrap dealt more damage over time, but there was nothing to worry about to me. If absolutely necessary, we could replenish its health with a Water-type attack and then whittle it down again. We had enough time to do that, though it wasn't ideal.

Dragonite swooped down on Jellicent, getting ready to set him up for the capture. I waited for Dragonite's Wrap to connect. The moment he had Jellicent trapped, I was going to throw the Super Ball. With my heart pounding, I began winding up as Dragonite began to coil around Jellicent.
    Last edited by Nitro; 20th August 2012 at 05:10 PM.

he caught it so ending the run.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12