Individual RP: Merry-Modio - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Merry-Modio

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

Default Re: Individual RP: Merry-Modio

Dermodio looked worridly at A'splode. She was not faring well in all the mud. But there was nothing to do about it. Suddenly, another idea popped into Dermodio's head. "Use Magnitude to attack Buizel from where you are standing!" he called.

A'splode looked wearily back at Dermodio. She really did not like this at all. Dermodio looked sadly at her.

"After this, you can switch out for Poliwag. Just this last attack, OK? Then you can have a nice rest."

Golem obliged, then threw it's arms down to the gound and caused a terrible rumbling. The Rumble grew louder and quiter, then with a sudden burst of noise Golem caused the ground to shake.

Dermodio fell over while applauding Golem. "Good! Good!" he said, flicking his head to Buizel. What was it going to do?
    Last edited by Mister Insufferable; 6th January 2011 at 02:46 PM.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Blog Entries

Golem was rolling around on it's back trying to get up and attack Buizel but it had no chance. Buizel had different ideas and fired a powerful water gun towards the defenseless Golem.

"That's going to be effective with Rain Dance in play as well it could cause some problem for Dermodio" Joe said as he bit his lip waiting to see what Dermodio would do.

"Use Magnitude to attack Buizel from where you are standing!" he called.

It looked like Golem didn't want to this but obliged and looked unhappy at the choice of his trainer. Maybe you should switch soon

"After this, you can switch out for Poliwag. Just this last attack, OK? Then you can have a nice rest." It looked like Golem was a lot happier with that choice and gave it all. She started to bounce up and down to create a shock wave along the floor. It produced 5 powerful waves which smacked Buizel and sent it crashing down to the muddy surface. The rain was still pouring down and made the surface even worse. Joe looked across and noticed that Buizel didn't have a lot of energy left

Joe turned to Dermodio and said "I think now is your chance, you can do it"

Battle Statictics:

Health 40%
    Last Move Used: Magnitude
    (Mobilized on the Mud)

vs

Health: 18%
    Last Move Used: Water Gun
    Ability in play : Swift Swim

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Dermodio
    Encounters Left: 15
    Area Effects: None
    Pokemon Encountered: Kyogre, Buizel
    Pokemon Captured: [None]
    Total Items: 2x Park Balls.
    MCR 4715/4000

Pokemon Stats

(Pondy) [Male]

Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None.

(A'splode) [Female]

Ability: Rock Head
    Nature: Quirkey

Blog Entries

Joe turned to Dermodio and said "I think now is your chance, you can do it."

Dermodio called back Golem. "Good Job A'splode. You have earned a nice rest. Now Then!" Dermodio looked at Buizel. The Poor thing looked so beaten down, so hurt, so...deflated. Dermodio couldn't bare see anything like that, especially not a cute little Buizel. "Go, Pokeball!" Dermodio threw a Pokeball, which came up short, and skidded in the mud, up to Buizel's feet, where it stopped. The Pokeball opened, and Buizel was sucked inside. How many times would it shake? The chances were high, but still, 5 percent chance it wouldn't could still interfere.

Blog Entries

OCC: I need Gender of the Pokemon :)

Dermodio called back Golem. "Good Job A'splode. You have earned a nice rest. Now Then!" Joe looked across towards the tired little Buizel who just managed to stand up on its feet. The rain was still pouring down from the gray cloud above his head. Buizel looked like it was standing fine but then suddenly fell down to his knee.

Suddenly I hear a familiar voice from the distance, "Go, Pokeball!" Joe quickly turned and watched Dermodio throw the red and white ball towards Buizel. The ball skimmed across the slippy brown surface and landed at Buizel feet. The ball opened and Buizel was covered in a red beam and disappeared into the Pokeball.

The ball rolled once and twice and then suddenly stopped. Joe looked through the wet cold rain and hoped that it was a capture. Then a familiar sound reached Joe ears and he let out a smile. Joe slowly walked over to the Pokeball an picked it up and placed it in his bag.

"I am afraid I have to look after it, you can have it once we leave the Park" Joe said towards Dermodio who looked very happy, "So still looking for more water Pokemon, I think I have a great place for you"

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Captured: Buizel
    Total Items: 1x Park Ball.
    MCR 0/0

Pokemon Stats

(Pondy) [Male]
    Health: 100%

(A'splode) [Female]
    Health: 40%

Blog Entries

OOC: Buizel gives off boyish attitude vibes, so Boy.

Dermodio did a jig. "I caught it! I caught it! I caugh- WOAH!" Dermodio slipped in the mud. Joe picked it up and put it away.
    "I am afraid I have to look after it, you can have it once we leave the Park" Joe said towards Dermodio who looked very happy, "So still looking for more water Pokemon, I think I have a great place for you"

Dermodio nodded intently. "Yeah! Great! And I think I will name it... Buddy! Cause it has a boyish attitude!" he said, before following Joe wherever he was going.

Blog Entries

Joe smiled at Dermodio happiness to capturing the Buizel, at least he now has a new Pokemon to play with. Joe gave a sign to Dermodio to follow him as the continued to walk along the lake's edge. Joe looked into the cool calm lake and watched the small Finneon dive in and out of the water like a pack of dolphins.

Ahead of the was a small reservoir which connected both lakes together, it is said that some rare Pokemon could be found here. Joe swung his bag around to the front of his body and grabbed a small red and white ball. He opened the ball and out came a large white bird. The bird Pokemon gave a yawn after being awoken from a deep slumber.

"Here Togekiss, Let's see if we can see some neat Pokemon" Joe said as the began to walk around the reservoir edge.

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Captured: Buizel (M, Brave)
    MCR 497/0

Pokemon Stats

(Pondy) [Male]

(A'splode) [Female]
    Health: 40%

Blog Entries

Dermodio followed Joe, and looked into the water. The amount of water Pokemon here was fantastic. Dermodio walked to the edge, and plunged his head under water, scattering a shoal of Remoraid. He watched the Pokemon frolic. It was really quite amazing. Donovan felt warm inside.

Then it began to hurt. He realised he was out of air, so brought his head out from underneath the surface.

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Individual RP: Dumble-Modio

OOC: Gmandiddy asked me to take over. He's kinda busy... ;) I've also re-rolled the remaining encounters.

NBP #1 (in my case)

I smiled and jumped with glee as I put my phone down. My fellow ranger, Joe, had just called, informing me of a trainer he had been guiding in the Great Lakes. Turns out, my friend had to run off to another assignment, thus earning me the job.

To be honest, I was not one hundred percent happy I had gotten the job. Sure, it would be fun, but I was nervous. This trainer of his would be the first I would guide through the Park. I was not the official/original ranger actually, I was just a replacement.

The next moment, I heard a knock on my door. My secretary came in. I had only been here a few days, but she was a great friend to me already. Silently, she held out a brown envelope, presumably containing files about this trainer. She gave me a genuine smile of encouragement. I smiled back, trying to look determined and positive. She walked out without a sound, as usual.

"Alright, let's see who we have here," I said to no one in particular, reading the information. "Dermodio, huh? In the Great Lakes... Awesome!" This made me even happier, I just loved water types.

Quickly, I grabbed my brown shoulder bag, which contained some medical supplies, pokedolls, and some other stuff. I grabbed four Pokeballs, they contained Kipper, my Swampert; Nia the Staraptor; Bolt, my Elecitivire; and a Victreebel named Liana.

After double checking on each of the supplies in my bag, I dashed out of the door, eager to get to the Great Lakes. I knew there was a teleporter somewhere near the docks, but I did not exactly know where it was. That was why I brought Nia, I would ride on her back instead.

Before long, we were soaring through the skies. I kept an eye on the ground below, even if I was a tad bit afraid of heights. "Bring me down here." Obediently, my Staraptor swooped down, landing and stopping perfectly like an expert. I praised her, then recalled her to her Pokeball. I would not want to frighten any smaller, weaker water types here.

I scanned the zone. Everything looked fine, the ponds were filled with Pokemon, the grass was wet in some areas; dry in others; but mostly damp due to the ponds and lakes scattered about.

I tried to look for a trainer that matched the files' description: "A twelve year-old that is tall for his age. He is chubby and wears glasses." That's where it stopped. My eyes looked around again, and something caught my eye--and that something was quite hilarious and funny.

I walked over to a pond, where Remoraid were scattered about. Why? Well, there was a young teenager who had poked his head in, that's why. As I came nearer, he had brought his head out of the water, gasping for air.

"Ahem... Are you, by any chance, Dermodio?" I asked promptly, trying hard to stifle my laughter. "Because if you are, your former Ranger Joe has asked me to continue guiding you around the magnificent Great Lakes." I looked at him expectantly.

Trainer Statistics:

Encounters Left: 13
    MCR 497/???

Pokemon Stats

Pondy the Male Poliwag -- 100%
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None

A'splode the Female Golem -- 40%
    Nature: Quirky

Ranger Comments: It would be nice if you bump up the post quality a bit. I assure you, you're gonna have a slightly bumpy ride...
    Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 20th February 2011 at 08:56 AM.
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Blog Entries

"Yeah, that's me." Dermodio said. "He left maybe 12 minutes ago, for an important mission. LOOK! I SAW KYOGRE HERE!!" Dermodio said excitedly. "It was in a lake, and it was soooooooo cool!! Wait, I'm being hyper again, am I right?"

Poliwag shook his head sadly, as if to say 'He's lost it.'

Blog Entries

NBP #2

"Yeah, that's me," the teen answered. "He left maybe 12 minutes ago, for an important mission. LOOK! I SAW KYOGRE HERE!!" He suddenly shouted excitedly. "It was in a lake, and it was soooooooo cool!! Wait, I'm being hyper again, am I right?"

I actually thought he was quite hyper, meaning this would be some fun trip. I have no idea where he got the idea of telling me about a Kyogre, but I guess he was feeling a bit proud to have encountered the mythical Sea Basin legendary. I'm pretty sure I would have been very excited as well if I ever met an awesome Pokemon like Kyogre.

I looked at the blue, spherical tadpole next to him, one by the name of Pondy--according to the files Joe had given me. The little water Pokemon had large eyes, a pink mouth, and a long, mostly transparent tail. It had newly developed legs that did not looked like they were used to walking. The creature had a black and white swirl on its abdomen; the direction of the belly spiral differs by area, with the equator being thought to have an effect on this.

This little Tadpole Pokemon was a Poliwag, a happy-looking one at that. You would not always see trainers going for Poliwags, so I thought Dermodio was quite unique. Pondy looked at me, shaking his head sadly, as if to say, "My trainer had gone nuts. He's lost it."

"He he, I guess you are a little hyper..." I said slowly, not sure if it would hurt Dermodio's feelings. "I bet seeing Kyogre was a fun and cool experience, though! It is not everyday that you get to meet a legendary Pokemon. My name is Elisa, by the way. Elisa Fleming to be exact; aged seventeen." I decided on introducing myself a little bit as well, to break the ice a bit.

"So, I see we are pretty close to the river. Would you like to take that path over there, or continue on this one? Take the lead, if you wish," I continued, pointing at the river to our far left, some few miles from us. In any case, we could always walk back towards it, just in case my trainer wanted to check it out. The path we were currently on was full of little individual lakes and ponds, all filled with Pokemon.

Whichever path Dermodio chose, it would not exactly matter as we would eventually go through the other path as well. It was just a matter of choosing which he wanted to check out first.

I patiently waited for his answer as I pulled on a green-colored jacket. The atmosphere was getting colder slowly, as I had noticed.

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: Slightly cool air, but no snow.
    MCR: 789/???

Pokemon Stats

Ranger Comments: I hope you don't mind me inserting a few NBPs between encounters here and there. You're most likely gonna need the extra MCR. Also, please be reminded that Non-Battle Posts should have around 500 or more characters. As a tip (I think this is your first time into the park), feel free to talk about the character himself, what he is feeling right now as his ranger just left, etc. You can also copy and/or rephrase what the ranger says, just for the heck of it. For now, I won't be too strict about the 500 character limit--this time...
    Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 21st February 2011 at 04:47 AM.
    A Poem I Wrote

Blog Entries

OOC: Okay.

"He he, I guess you are a little hyper..." The Ranger said, not sure if it would hurt Dermodio's feelings. "I bet seeing Kyogre was a fun and cool experience, though! It is not everyday that you get to meet a legendary Pokemon. My name is Elisa, by the way. Elisa Fleming to be exact; aged seventeen.

So, I see we are pretty close to the river. Would you like to take that path over there, or continue on this one? Take the lead, if you wish," she said, pointing at the river to our far left, some few miles from us. The path we were currently on was full of little individual lakes and ponds, all filled with Pokemon.

"Mmm... I say we take the other path. To see what other kind of Pokemon there are! And also, pleased to meet you." Dermodio said to Elisa.

Poliwag looked around, and saw a Wingull high in the sky. He mimicked it's flapping wings till it disapeared into the Horizon. He tugged on Dermodio's leg, wanting to know if Dermodio had seen it. "Yeah, I did. I like Wingulls, and Pelipers too, but I'll take anything that comes my way. Right?" Poliwag nodded, and recomenced mimicking Wingull.

Blog Entries

NBP#3

Dermodio looked at both paths, deep in thought. He seemed to have made up his mind in no time. I guess he wanted to check out the other path this time.

"Mmm... I say we take the other path. To see what other kind of Pokemon there are! And also, pleased to meet you." Dermodio said to me.

I nodded and started to take the lead. I began to walk towards the river, Dermodio and Pondy following. Every once in a while, I looked back to check on them.

The Poliwag was ever-so curious, looking around. He looked up and saw a Wingull high in the sky. Wingulls were small, white seagull-like Pokémon. They had long, orange, hooked beak is tipped with black. Their wings were notable for their long, thin shape, usually outstretched, and blue stripes. I grinned, the Tadpole Pokemon mimicked it's flapping wings 'till it disappeared into the horizon.

Pondy tugged on Dermodio's leg, wanting to know if Dermodio had seen it. "Yeah, I did. I like Wingulls, and Pelipers too, but I'll take anything that comes my way. Right?" Poliwag nodded, and mimicked the Wingull once more. I laughed at the water type's antics. He was a really jolly creature.

There was an assortment of Pokemon all around us. On the damp grass, we usually saw Lotad and their evolution line. The ponds housed different fish-like Pokemon, as well as a Milotic in one of the bigger ones. Common fish were Magikarps, Goldeens, and Finneons.

Before long, without any of us actually noticing it--I think, we had walked a few miles. The river was not very long, but was quite wide. I was amazed at all the creatures along the riverbank, as well as those going for a swim. The river pushed the smaller of them downstream, where there was moss, rocks, and soil, as I have heard.

I was about to suggest walking along the river's shore, but a pointed white spike caught my eye. The figure was moving upstream of the current, and it was moving rapidly. Gradually, as it reached us, the whole of the creature came into view. It looked at us, and seemed to be wanting a battle as it spotted the Poliwag.

The creature resembled a koi or goldfish. It was a big orange colored fish with white and black markings. It also had a small to medium sized horn on its head. Two big dark eyes, and pink lips with two small, sharp fangs made up the most of the Goldfish Pokemon's face. I suddenly remembered these were really strong and powerful Pokemon who swam against a river's current--even waterfalls! It also uses its powerful horn to bore holes in solid rock, so as to keep its eggs safe.

"So, would you like to battle that Seaking?" I asked as I turned to Dermodio and Pondy.

Trainer Statistics:

Current Encounter: Seaking (?, ???)

MCR: 1895/9000

Pokemon Stats

Ranger Comments: Very nice RPing! Keep it up!
    A Poem I Wrote

Blog Entries

As Dermodio was watching Pondy, he himself had sptted something, and was panicking. "What is it?" Dermodio asked, concerned. Pondy started screeching the 'Jaws' theme song. Dermodio turned around, and faced the ugly face of a Seaking.

"So, would you like to battle that Seaking?" Elisa asked as she turned to Dermodio and Pondy.
    "FUDGE YEAH SEAKING!!" Dermodio hooted, sending Pondy to battle.
    Pondy hopped from one foot to the other, anticipating the battle ahead. "Careful for the horn!"

Blog Entries

BP#1

"FUDGE YEAH SEAKING!!" Dermodio hooted, jumping about. He was quite hyper at times, was he not?

I nodded approvingly as the trainer sent Pondy to battle. The Poliwag was a good choice, of course, as if he had any other choice left. His Golem, A'splode--whatever way you pronounce it, was weak to water and was already weak, so he would be no match for the Seaking.

I was excited, but, perhaps, not as hyper as Dermodio. Who wouldn't want a Seaking now, especially after seeing its strength? This was definitely going to be a fun battle. But, a water-type versus a water-type was not exactly the best choice, so this was going to be interesting--I just hoped Dermodio would be able to get his share of the park fully.

I laughed at Pondy's cheery antics. He was hoping from side to side; from one foot to the other as he was anticipating the battle ahead of him.

"Careful for the horn!" Dermodio suddenly warned, shouting. His piece of advice was correct, though, that horn of Seaking could be very dangerous, if not deadly--I have not heard of anyone dying because of that horn, so it was safe enough...

The Goldfish Pokemon was getting pumped. It gathered all its energy and power into its body. I suppose the Seaking had understood Dermodio's precautionary warning. It did exactly what I was afraid of--it was about to use its horn.

The Seaking's horn glowed white. The light shone brightly, getting more and more powerful every moment. Then, just as I thought the horn could not possibly get any brighter--yes, it was hurting my eyes, the water-type charged at Pondy at a slightly rapid speed.

Luckily, in the wild creature's case, the Poliwag wasn't very far from it. I knew that in a matter of moments--maybe even seconds--the horn would strike the Tadpole Pokemon. If Dermodio would not do anything, the poor Poliwag could be sent flying--depending on the impact, of course.

But, I knew the trainer would surely do something. What it was, I did not know. So, I waited to see what he would do.

BATTLE STATS:

Wild Seaking (?, Hardy)
    Currently Using: Horn Attack
    Last Move Used: ???

..::VS::..

Pondy the Poliwag (M, Jolly)
    Currently Using: ???
    Last Move Used: ???

Trainer Statistics:

Current Encounter: Seaking (?, Hardy)

MCR: 2386/9000

Pokemon Stats

<Currently out of ball; Currently in battle>

Ranger Comments: Gender of Seaking?
    Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 4th March 2011 at 08:00 PM.
    A Poem I Wrote

Blog Entries

The Seaking had used a blindingly bright horn attack. This could cause some damadge, especially since the Seaking looked so strong... Dermodio quickly thought of something. This Mon had gapingly huge eyes, but it seemed to blink a bit. Hypnosis could work, but the eyes were on the side and it was coming to fast to evade. So the best course of action would be to slow it down first...

"Pondy! Use Hydro Pump, and aim for the horn!" Dermodio said. Hopefully, this would stop the Coi from doing too much damadge, even perhaps stopping the attack completley. Or it could do the exact opposite.

Pondy hopped bacwards a few times, before running away, still facing the Seaking. He seemed quite worried that Seaking would flatten him, or worse, impale him. An orb of water appeared before Pondys mouth, before he glowed blue, and...

A jet of water blasted from Poliwag's mouth, indeed bigger than Pondy himself. The thing was, that with big stuff, it was harder to point where you were shooting. It could have missed in Pondys panic. Dermodio bit his fingernails, very worried.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast