Individual RP: Lightning Topaz - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Lightning Topaz

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: Lightning Topaz

I swallowed hard as Chainy laid out my options--Lita battle the Slaking, where she would have next to no chance of winning, pony up the cash for a Poke Doll, which was looking increasingly more attractive the more the Slaking pounded on the shield, or bail out entirely. Bailing out was the last thing I wanted to do, and I wanted to make sure I got my money's worth.

"What do you think, Lita?" I asked.

"Pi pi pichu pichu!" she replied "Pi pichu pi!"

I searched through my pockets for what change I had. "Remind me again how much a Poke Doll is?" I asked Chainy as I scooped together coins.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Remind me how much a PokeDoll is?" Maya asked me.

"Five hundred," I replied, taking the change and passing her a PokeDoll. She gingerly placed it on the ground in front of the Slaking.

The Slaking stopped pounding the ground and roaring. It looked carefully at the doll, then laid down and went to sleep.

I grabbed Maya's arm and jerked my head towards the bushes.

"Let's leg it before the Slaking wakes up," I whispered.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Maya
    Area Effects: 5 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Celebi; ??? Whismur(?); ??? Illumise(?); ??? Meowth(?); ??? Spinarak(?); ??? Beautifly(?); ??? Venomoth(?); ??? Weepinbell(?); ??? Stunky(?); ??? Slaking(?)
    Pokemon Captured: Rash Meowth(F)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Modest Female Pichu[Nicknamed Lita] 75% <currently out of Ball> (<Static Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Park Ball x6
    Full Heal x3

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

I quickly followed Chainy down the path after buying and distracting the Slaking with a Pokedoll. Although Lita had been enamored by the tiny Clefairy doll, I explained that the doll was the difference in allowing us to escape in one piece and not for her to play with.

After pocketing the 750 credits I had left, we came to a stream not far from the path that had Berry bushes nearby. Lita was excited about the Berries, but I assured her that only Chainy knew which ones were safe to eat and which were not--and that out of precaution, she shouldn't eat any.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

We got away from the Slaking and walked down a barely used path. I couldn't hear any crashing or smashing, so obviously the Slaking was done with us.

As we walked along the path, Lita saw a bush of berries. She squeaked a question.

"Chainy knows which ones are safe and which ones aren't," Maya said.

"Those are okay," I said. "They don't have any beneficial effects, but they don't have any negative ones either."

Lita walked forward and tried to take one, but her front feet stopped a metre away.

"What's the matter?" Maya asked.

Lita squeaked in confusion. She tried to move her paw forward, but it wouldn't. It was about that time that I noticed a red stripe hovering in midair.

My mind's light clicked on. I realized what was happening.

"There's a Kecleon that's blending into its surroundings while eating those berries," I explained. "Do you want to try and capture it?"

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 4 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Celebi; ??? Whismur(?); ??? Illumise(?); ??? Meowth(?); ??? Spinarak(?); ??? Beautifly(?); ??? Venomoth(?); ??? Weepinbell(?); ??? Stunky(?); ??? Slaking(?); ??? Kecleon(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 562

Pokemon Statistics:

Modest Female Pichu[Nicknamed Lita] 75% <currently out of Ball> (<Static Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Park Ball x6
    Full Heal x3

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Blog Entries

"Those are okay," Chainy assured Lita in response to her questions about the berries. "They don't have any beneficial effects, but they don't have any negative ones either."

Figuring that the berries were safe to eat, effects or not, she eagerly romped up to the bush in an attempt to take one, but was seemingly stopped by an invisible wall.

"What's the matter?" I asked as Lita fruitlessly tried again and again to pass the "wall"

"Pi pi pichu pichu!" she grumbled as she again hit the "wall"

Chainy then spotted a red stripe seemingly hovering in the bush. "There's a Kecleon that's blending into its surroundings while eating those berries...do you want to try and capture it?"

"Nah--it appears to be happy right there, so we'll leave it be." I replied.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Nah--it appears to be happy right there, so we'll leave it be." Maya replied.

We turned to leave, but an angry yap made me look backwards. The Kecleon had materialised, and it didn't look happy. Apparently, Lita had disturbed its meal with the back-prodding, and it wasn't happy.

"The Kecleon is demanding compensation," I said. "It wants to fight."

I left the decision to Maya, but flight wasn't really an option. The Kecleon would probably just stalk us and surprise attack us later on.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Celebi; ??? Whismur(?); ??? Illumise(?); ??? Meowth(?); ??? Spinarak(?); ??? Beautifly(?); ??? Venomoth(?); ??? Weepinbell(?); ??? Stunky(?); ??? Slaking(?); ??? Kecleon(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 1325

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Park Ball x6
    Full Heal x3

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

"Look, we're sorry we bothered you." I tried reasoning with the Kecleon. "Lita wasn't trying to be mean or challenge you--she only wanted some of the Berries."

Surprisingly, this seemed to satisfy the Kecleon, so it picked a few Berries and offered them to Lita. "Kec kec."

"Pichu!" Lita smiled as she bit into the Pecha Berries. After eating furiously for a moment, she had finished with the gift. "Pi pi!" she smiled.

"Kec." the Kecleon replied before lumbering off into the bush.

I was stunned--I didn't expect the Kecleon to understand me, but then again, Kecleon were easily calmed.

I'm sorry, but I can't count that as a post. As a Trainer, you can't control the Wild Pokemon's actions. You can picture this happening in your head and hope that's the way it pans out, but you cannot make the Kecleon leave in actuality. The way most people do it is when they want something to happen, they write that they're imagining it, or hoping for it, or they explain what they want to happen then they write about the beginning, but leave the end for the Ranger to decide.

Sorry about any confusion.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

Okay, let me try that again:

"Look, we're sorry we bothered you." I tried reasoning with the Kecleon. "Lita wasn't trying to be mean or challenge you--she only wanted some of the Berries."

I hoped that the Kecleon would understand me and maybe offer to share sone of its Berries with Lita. But for all I knew, it could just decide to challenge Lita anyway. And once it decided to match Lita's type, we would potentially be there forever, watching Lita struggle fruitlessly against her own type.

Tears welled up in Lita's eyes as she nuzzled the Kecleon. "Pichu pi...pi pichu pichu pi..." she sniffled, hoping all the while her sympathetic ploy would work.

(That better?)

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Much better (:

~~~~~

"Look, we're sorry we bothered you." Maya apologized to the Kecleon. "Lita wasn't trying to be mean or challenge you--she only wanted some of the Berries."

Her apology sounded heartfelt, and it was accentuated by Lita's apology. The little electric mouse started nuzzling up again the Kecleon, squeaking pitifully as it did so.

The Kecleon narrowed it's eyes, carefully inspecting both Maya and Lita. After a minute, it huffed and turned back to the berry bush.

"I think it's calmed down," I said quietly to Maya. "I'm not sure if it's happy to share the berries though. Perhaps we should just move on."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 1983

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Park Ball x6
    Full Heal x3

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

Lita watched the Kecleon as she concluded her apology. After what seemed like an eternity, the Kecleon narrowed it eyes, as if carefully inspecting us both. After a minute, it huffed and turned back to the berry bush.

"I think it's calmed down," Chainy noted--his voice sounded almost like a sigh. "I'm not sure if it's happy to share the berries though. Perhaps we should just move on."

"Good idea." I agreed, motioning for Lita to follow me. We didn't get far before she started complaining her feet hurt, so I let her climb on my shoulder. Once comfortable, she seemed interested in the puffy white clouds in the sky, as if watching for a bird Pokemon to come flying by.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Maya didn't want to risk angering the Kecleon further, so we moved on. Lita climbed up onto Maya's shoulders and happily watched the clouds in the sky.

I realised that we must be on the edge of the forest. If we were further in we wouldn't be able to even see the sky. The deepest parts of the forest never had any light in them the trees were so thick.

We continued along the path. I soon heard a faint snuffling, and I saw a smaller-than-average Granbull pottering around some shrubs. I pointed it out to Maya.

"Wanna try and catch that?" I asked her.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 3 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Celebi; ??? Whismur(?); ??? Illumise(?); ??? Meowth(?); ??? Spinarak(?); ??? Beautifly(?); ??? Venomoth(?); ??? Weepinbell(?); ??? Stunky(?); ??? Slaking(?); ??? Kecleon(?); ??? Granbull(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 676

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Park Ball x6
    Full Heal x3

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

We walked along for a while until Chainy saw a small Granbull poking in some shrubs."Wanna try and catch that?" he offered.

"No..he looks like he's looking for something..." I peered closer in the bushes and saw that it was trying to get to a bone that it couldn't quite reach.

"Pichu pichu?" Lita asked after watching the Granbull struggle for a moment.

"Sure, you can go help it." I replied as I set her on the ground. She hurried over and carefully nudged the bone to where the Granbull could reach it as I looked on--would it be grateful for Lita's help, or would it see her as a threat and attack?

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Maya had great eyesight. She saw that the Granbull was trying to reach a bone underneath the bushes. Lita scampered over and nudged the bone outwards towards the Granbull.

It woofed happily and grabbed the bone. It nuzzled Lita, then ran off into the woods.

I was always really happy when the Trainers helped out the Pokemon in the park. As a Ranger, I couldn't interfere with the Wild Pokemon unless it was urgent.

We continued down the path, and I thought I could recognise the landmarks. Suddenly, there was a huge roaring.

"That's Slaking!" I said in surprise. "It's trying to catch up to us!"

Lita started squealing in terror.

"We can either hide somewhere here, run for the Outpost, or stay and try to fight it," I spoke urgently. "What's your choice?"

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 3 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Celebi; ??? Whismur(?); ??? Illumise(?); ??? Meowth(?); ??? Spinarak(?); ??? Beautifly(?); ??? Venomoth(?); ??? Weepinbell(?); ??? Stunky(?); ??? Slaking(?); ??? Kecleon(?); ??? Granbull(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 606

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Park Ball x6
    Full Heal x3

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

Before long, we had returned to the fork in the path.

I froze when I heard a familiar roar in the distance. "That's Slaking!" Chainy gasped in surprise. "It's trying to catch up to us!"

"PIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!" Lita screamed as she spotted the Slaking lumbering in our direction and dove into my shirt pocket in fear.

"We can either hide somewhere here, run for the Outpost, or stay and try to fight it," Chainy explained. "What's your choice?"

I noticed that there was a tree with a hollow that was obscured by some bushes not far from where we were standing--and there was enough room for Chainy and me to fit. "Let's try hiding in this tree first!" I suggested as I hurried over to the tree and climbed in the hollow.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast