Individual RP: Joltik - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Joltik

Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: Joltik

Gaius nodded as the Zigzagoon lifted and sniff the air It turned to face us, and walked over happily.

“It looks like it wants to stick around,” Gaius said to me as he petted the small raccoon like Pokemon. “You know the drill, either pay for a Pokedoll or prepare to battle this Pokemon.”

I looked at the Zigzagoon, as it happily got petted. It was really cute, and I didn't want to spend time fighting it.

“I’m going to buy a Pokedoll,” I told Gaius “It’s five hundred right?” I looked into my bag, and puled out the correct amount, then offered it to Gaius.

@Joltik - Deduct it from your stats now.
    Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
    Trainer: Sammy
    Area: Botanic Gardens
    NBP #7
    /--\

“I’m going to buy a Pokedoll,” she said. “It’s five hundred, right?” She pulled out a wad of cash and offered it to me.

I took the change and pocketed it, pulling out an Elekid Pokedoll for her. I took the doll, showed it to Zigzagoon, and threw it away from us. The Pokemon gave us one last look of longing before bounding off to chase the toy.

I pulled out my iPad and pulled up the map of the area. I saw that we were still at the front end of the park, which was fine, but some of the more rare Pokemon headed towards the back where less humans were. I located a nearby ranger outpost and decided to head there, make sure everything was okay, and take a quick rest before we continued on.

I got my headings right and set off in the direction that would lead me to it. The outpost was just over a mile and a half so I figured it would take us about twenty to thirty minutes to reach it, depending on our pace. I didn’t want either of us to get too tired so I opted for a lower pace.

We were almost there twenty minutes later when a small, barking dog, ran up to us. It was covered in long, light brown hairs. It resembled a normal dog, except for the ability to use Pokemon moves. It was in a frantic state and clearly scared of something. I stooped to calm the dog and said to Sammy, “You can catch this Pokemon if you want it.”

//--\\

Trainer Info

Name: Sammy
    Trainer Items: ParkBalls x 4, Superball, Energy Powder, Hyperball
    Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Roselia ??? | ??? Furret ??? | ??? Zigzagoon ??? | ??? Lillipup ??? |
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 4,000

Pokemon Stats:
    Calm | Male | Galvantula @ Compound Eyes w/ EMs: None | 100%

Hardy | Female | Staravia @ Keen Eye w/ EMs: None | 34.07%

Bold | Male | Scraggly @ Moxie w/ EMs: None | 100%
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Blog Entries

OOC:I did. And could the Lillipup be male?

Gaius took the money from me, and placed it into a bag. From the same bag he graved a small Elekid push. he waved it at the raccoon and tossed it, and it followed it. He then pulled a iPad and stared at it for a few seconds. He then lend me down a path for about twenty minutes. Then a small dog like Pokemon ran up to us.

“You can catch this Pokemon if you want it.” Gaius said.

"That's a Lillipup right?" I asked, "It's cute, and I think it could be useful. I'm going to try to catch it." I had heard that Lillipups could become powerful Pokemon once it evolved. I was hopping to run into one of these in the gardens. I was happy that I got to find one.

I dug around in my bag, and pulled out a red and white ball. I tossed it up into the air, and graved it when it came down. A large yellow and blue spider like Pokemon appeared on the ground. Galvantula looked around as it focused on the small puppy Pokemon.

"We're going to be catching that Lillipup," I told Galvantula "Let's slow it down. Use your Electroweb attack!"

Galvantula started spinning a ball of sting in the area between its feelers, which was holding the ball gently. After the ball was completed, Galvantula started charging the ball with electricity. In a few moments the ball was full of energy. Galvantula then jumped a few feet into the air, and let the ball go. The ball expanded as it flew thru the air, becoming a spider web shape as it grew closer to the Lillipup.

@Joltik
    BP #1
    /--\

Sammy’s eyes lit up when she saw the Lillipup. “That’s a Lillipup, right? It’s cute, and I think it could be useful,” she exclaimed. “I’m going to try and catch it.”

This sort of surprised me. I figured the Pokemon had a chance of Sammy taking a liking to it, but I wasn’t expecting to get such a positive response from the young lady. She must have really wanted the Pokemon to show such enthusiasm for it.

She reached for a Pokeball and called forth one of her Pokemon, a Galvantula, a large yellow spider. “We’re going to be catching that Lillipup,” she said to the Electric Pokemon. “Let’s slow it down. Use your Electroweb attack.”

This was a move that I had only seen in action once. It was a weak powered Electric typed move and had a chance to miss to boot, but what made it an attractive move was that it lowered the speed of the Pokemon who was hit by it, which made sense because it was a sticky web with currents of electricity running through it.

Galvantula lifted two of its limbs to its mouth and spat out a glob of web, pulsing yellow from the electricity. The spider-like Pokemon quickly weaved the web into the form of a net in a manner of seconds, using its many legs to its advantage. Galvantula squatted and used its powerful legs to propel it into the air, like a jumping spider. When it was at the height of its jump it threw the web at Lillipup.

The little barked in alarm at opened its mouth to reveal a dark orb of black and purple energy, a Shadow Ball attack. The ball grew from the size of a rat to the size of a football, which it then shot at the Galvantula. Being a Ghost type attack the Shadow Ball passed through the Electroweb, and since Galvantula was in the air it couldn’t dodge, making it an easier target. Soon as the Shadow Ball was away, the little dog Pokemon tried to run, but the web expanded too fast and caught the Pokemon, covering it in a sticky web as the electricity passed into Lillipup’s body.

The Galvantula was struck by the Shadow Ball, but it did little damage at the Pokemon recovered momentarily. The Pokemon landed on all its limbs and scurried back to Sammy’s side, ready to attack once more.

The Lillipup struggled with the web, but gave up after a moment and turned back to its opponent.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Lillipup 82.99%[-1Spd]{Used Shadow Ball}
    VS
    Galvantula 93.31%{Used Electroweb}

Trainer Info

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Roselia ??? | ??? Furret ??? | ??? Zigzagoon ??? | M Lillipup ??? |
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 1,441 | 4,000

Pokemon Stats:

Blog Entries

I was surprised as the little puppy formed a small black ball around its mouth, that move had to be Shadow Ball. I didn’t think that a Pokemon like that would learn a move like that. I had heard that Lillipup’s final evolved form could learn surf. You learn something new everyday. The black ball went thru the web, and hit Galvantula. He came down on the ground and came next to me.

The web hit Lillipup, and held it in place while doing damage, the little puppy turned around to face us.

“Ok,” I said, “Let’s try to make you harder to hit, and him less, Galvantula Use Agility, then, and Signal Beam go at it in a zigzag line, but kinda stay away from it too. Ok?”

Galvantula gave me an “I can do this perfectly fine” look, and started moving. He moved his four feet in union, and was soon going much faster. He moved towered the normal type and when he was about four feet away, he started glowing, emitting a yellow, purple, and bluish light. The light seemed to flow down to the gap between its feelers, and formed into a ball there. From the ball a bight light emerged, and was shot straight at the Lillipup. He them moved back quickly.

@Joltik
    BP #2
    /--\

“Ok,” Sammy said to her Pokemon. “Let’s try to make you harder to hit, and him less. Galvantula, use Agility, then use Signal Beam and go at it in a zigzag line, but kinda stay away from it too. Ok?”

The Galvantula traded a look with its trainer that could only be interpreted between the two. An outside observer would not know the look, it stemmed from a bond between a master and a trainer who had been together for a period of time.

The Galvantula turned to the trapped Lillipup and began to move, it’s like a blur of yellow as it began to build up speed. As the Galvantula ran circles around the little puppy, the Normal typed Pokemon watched the spider intently.

Just as the spider jumped in the air, the Lillipup stomped a foot in the ground, and an instant later a portion of rock jutted up at Galvantula and caught the Pokemon unaware, flinging it away. The Galvantula recovered in the air and managed to land on its feet, ready to engage the Pokemon. Its blue eyes glowed briefly, and a green beam of energy shot from the Pokemon and headed towards the Lillipup. Caught in the web, the Lillipup couldn’t dodge the attack and was hit by the attack.

The little Pokemon collapsed to the ground, but got up a moment later, growling at Sammy’s Pokemon. It focused on the Bug type and proceeded to growl and snarl at the Pokemon, slowly working itself into a frenzy.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Lillipup 58.50%[+1Atk-SpcAtk][-1Spd]{Used Rock Tomb | Work Up}
    VS
    Galvantula 80.23%[+1Spd]{Used Agility | Signal Beam}

Trainer Info

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Roselia ??? | ??? Furret ??? | ??? Zigzagoon ??? | M Lillipup ??? |
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 2,582 | 4,000

Pokemon Stats:

Blog Entries

A large rock jutted from the ground and hit Galvantula while he was in the air. After he landed the Lillipup stated to get angry, like the anger was giving it power. I looked at Galvantula, ho seemed a little shaken at the attack.

“That’s unlike you.” I said to it. “Hit the Puppy with a Thunder Wave, then Bug Buzz!”

Galvantula nodded and proceed forward, being more carful this time. He approached slowly then let a small beam of weak energy. Then darted left, and latched onto a local tree. Galvantula make sure that it was out of Sammy’s and Gaius’s earshot before it started. He started rubbing all of the fur on its body, making a painful sound.

@Joltik
    BP #3
    /--\

“That’s unlike you,” Sammy said, frowning at her yellow Bug Pokemon. “Hit the puppy with a Thunder Wave, then Bug Buzz!”

I was wondering if she was going to use that move, one I would have used at the start of the battle, Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave was an important move that could be used not only in trainer battles, but wild Pokemon also. Thunder Wave was an effect move with two features. The first feature was that it lowered the speed of the Pokemon that was hit by the move, it lowered it to a fourth, a large deduction. The second effect was that it had a chance for the Pokemon to be paralyzed by the electricity running through it. It was often used to lower the speed of fast Pokemon in trainer battles, but for wild Pokemon it helped the trainer have a higher chance to capture the Pokemon.

As for Bug Buzz, it was a ninety powered Bug special move, one of the more powerful Bug moves around. It made it a popular choice for Bug Pokemon who had a special attack, like Galvantula. It would serve to lower Lillipup’s health, and thereby bringing Sammy one step closer to capturing her first Pokemon in this park run.

Galvantula jumped into action at the command of her master. He jumped to a tree and started to rub his two front limbs together, which would generate electricity. After a few seconds, enough had built up that I could see a charge around the Bug Pokemon. The Pokemon pointed its limbs forward and a small bolt of blue electricity shot from the limb at Lillipup.

The Normal Pokemon strained to break free from the web holding it to the ground, but couldn’t and it was hit by the bolt. The Pokemon collapsed to the ground and started to shake, before stopping still and not moving. It was one of the effects of Paralysis, causing the Pokemon to freeze in place.

Galvantula opened its mouth and a sound in the form of a wave proceeded forth. It was a pure bug sound that could be described a sharp buzzing, not akin to bees, but more along the lines of a harsh vibration. The sound was unpleasant to my ears, but I know that it was worse to Lillipup.

The Lillipup let out a whimper when the Bug Buzz hit it, but the Pokemon struggled with its bonds and snapped at them with its teeth. The web parted with a snap and Lillipup bounded forward, away from the Bug Buzz. It rushed over to the tree Galvantula was in and jumped in the air, seizing hold of a leg of Galvantula and flung it to the ground, where it proceeded to bite the Bug Pokemon. Galvantula broke away from the dog and headed back up the tree, leaving the Lillipup on the ground to bark at it.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Lillipup 29.25%[+1Atk-SpcAtk][-1Spd][Par]{Fully Pared | Used Crunch}
    VS
    Galvantula 80.23%[+1Spd][-1Def]{Used Thunder Wave | Bug Buzz}

Trainer Info

Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 3,232 | 4,000

Pokemon Stats:

Blog Entries

The Lillipup struggled around in the web for a few seconds, before finally shacking looses and running at Galvantula, biting his leg before he retreated into the safety for the tree. The small dog barked at the base of the tree as Galvantula moved its feelers together, trying to scare the do away from the tree. Seeing that the Puppy has no plans in stopping he backed up the tree a little, then looked at me waiting for orders.

I had a slight issue here, the Lillipup was getting weak, and I didn’t want to go into over kill. If I make the Puppy faint then I would be unable to catch it. If I attacked anymore, it would have to be a weak attack. Or I could try and catch it. I rummaged thru my bag, until I pulled out a Cameo green and white ball, a regular park ball, and got ready to toss it at the normal type. It was still barking at the tree that Galvantula was hiding in, and wasn’t paying much attention to me. I waited till I had a good shot and sent the ball flying.

@Joltik
    NBP #8
    /--\

Seeing that the Lillipup was distracted by the Galvantula Sammy reached for an empty Park Ball and tossed it at the Pokemon. The Pokemon never saw it coming, and was hit in the back of the head by the device. As the Pokemon was sucked inside the park Ball Galvantula decided to climb down from the tree.

The Lillipup still had a ton of fight left in and the Park Ball wiggled furiously as the Pokemon tried to escape. After a couple of long moments the ball settled and made a sound, the Lillipup was caught.

I flashed Sammy a grin and walked over to the Park Ball. I dropped it into my pack and turned to Sammy. “Nice work there, it was well done for somebody new. We can either take a quick rest or move forward.”

//--\\

Battle Stats

Lillipup 29.25%[+1Atk-SpcAtk][-1Spd][Par]{
    VS
    Galvantula 80.23%[+1Spd][-1Def]

Trainer Info

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Roselia ??? | ??? Furret ??? | ??? Zigzagoon ??? | M Lillipup Impish |
    Pokemon Captured: M Lillipup Impish
    CC since last encounter: 4,209 | 4,000

Pokemon Stats:
    Calm | Male | Galvantula @ Compound Eyes w/ EMs: None | 80.29%

Blog Entries

I watched as the ball hit the Lillipup, and the cute little normal type was trapped inside. I held my breath as the ball shook three times as I held my breath. Finally, the ball stopped and the little puppy was caught. I jumped up and waved my arms in the air.

“Woo” I said “We did it! You can come down now Galvantula” He dropped of the tree and came over to me.

Gaius grinned at me. “Nice work there, it was well done for somebody new. We can either take a quick rest or move forward.” He said. I kneeled down and scratched Galvantula on the head.

“You did good boy” I said, “Wanna take a break?” I held up his ball, and he nodded. I opened the ball a little bit, allowing a red bean of energy to engulf him. He was then sucked into the ball, which I placed in my bag. I turned to Gaius “I would like to keep on going, if you’re ok with that.”

@Joltik
    NBP #9
    /--\

Sammy recalled her Pokemon and turned to me. “I would like to keep on going, if you’re OK with that.”

I shrugged. “It’s your run, I’m just here to make sure things go smoothly.”

I started down the path that would take us to the ranger outpost and looked around for anymore Pokemon that might wander before us. We hadn’t been out for very long, but it was a hot and humid day and I was looking forward to feeling the air conditioning of the post. I finally caught sight of the building and quickened my pace.

I stopped a moment later when I saw something that concerned me. Most, if not all, of the foliage around the outpost was stripped clean of everything. With the exception of a few plants and trees the place had been cleaned out, like a horde of locusts had descended upon the Gardens. I felt a growing tendril of suspicion about what caused it when I noticed the large tracks and the door torn off the ranger buildings.

“Keep quiet and stay behind me,” I cautioned Sammy as I moved towards the building, where I could hear some faint sounds within. I peeked inside and saw a rare sight, a Snorlax going through the cupboards and anything it could get is paws on. It wasn’t as big as the beasts normal got, which meant it was a young one, but it was still fairly large.

You can try and catch that Snorlax, but it will be a tough fight,” I said to Sammy.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Roselia ??? | ??? Furret ??? | ??? Zigzagoon ??? | M Lillipup Impish | ??? Snorlax ???
    CC since last encounter: 0,844 | 45,000

Pokemon Stats:

Blog Entries

“It’s your run, I’m just here to make sure things go smoothly.” Gaius said, as he led me down a path. We walked for a few minutes before coming to see a somewhat large building appear. I noticed that we were heading towards the building. Gaius sped up upon seeing it. As we walked towards the building, the plants seemed to be getting worse, like they had been attacked by a tornado.

“Keep quiet and stay behind me,” Gaius said as we got closer to the building, I did so. Only to see that the door had been ripped off, and that a large blue and cream pokemon was eating everything in sight.

“You can try and catch that Snorlax, but it will be a tough fight,” He added. I looked at the large blob of a pokemon, Snorlax was a normal type, which was weak to the fighting type, I had a Fighting type with me. I feared that he wouldn’t be enough to do enough damage to the Snorlax.

“I would like to avoid fighting him” I whispered to Gaius

@Joltik
    NBP #10
    /--\

Sammy whispered, “I would like to avoid fighting him.”

It was a choice that I wasn’t surprised to see for a couple reasons. While Snorlax was a pretty rare Pokemon, and a powerful one, being a Normal type it wasn’t as strong as other powerhouse Pokemon. I personally used the Pokemon in important battles because it could take a lot of hits and dish out a wide range of attacks.

For Sammy, the Pokemon would be a good one to have in the long run, but for the time being with her being a new trainer it would be a tough catch. Not only would it be a very tough fight, but the only Pokemon that would have a chance of beating it would be the Scraggly, and it wasn’t even evolved. Even if it managed to prevail, all her Pokemon would be pretty damaged and she might not be able to carry on with the run.

“Alright, well the Snorlax needs to get out of the building, so I’m going to have to get its attention. Unfortunately, this does count as an encounter so if wants to put up a fight you’ll need to buy a Pokedoll or battle it.”

I placed a hand on my Infernape’s Pokeball and walked towards the Snorlax. It wasn’t paying any attention to me as it chowed down on the food. I sighed, picked up a book, and tossed it at the Snorlax. The book bounced off the large Pokemon’s head, causing it to look around for what threw it. Its gaze fell to me and its eyes narrowed.

I looked the Pokemon in the eye and said in a hard voice, “Snorlax, out!”

The Snorlax glared at me bu slowly walked towards the door. Soon as it left the ranger outpost it turned to me and growled menacing. The Pokemon wanted to stick around. I nodded at Sammy to let her know the next move was hers.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Roselia ??? | ??? Furret ??? | ??? Zigzagoon ??? | M Lillipup Impish | ??? Snorlax ???
    CC since last encounter: 0,778 | 45,000
    Pokemon Stats:

Blog Entries

OOC:3,300-500=2,800

The large Pokemon kept on noming at all the food it could find. Gauis looked at it like he was judging it.

“Alright, well the Snorlax needs to get out of the building, so I’m going to have to get its attention. Unfortunately, this does count as an encounter so if wants to put up a fight you’ll need to buy a Pokedoll or battle it.” He said. I had a strange feeling that the thing wasn’t going to move easily. He walked towered the building putting his hand on one of his Poke balls. I sifted from foot to foot, waiting to see if the chubby monster was going to attack him. Or try to eat him. That would be worst. He picked up a book and tossed it at the normal type.

“Snorlax, out!” He said, like a mother lecturing her child. The Snorlax walked out of the building, then looked over at us. It made a growing sound that definite didn’t come from its tummy. I took a step back.

“I would like to bye a pokedoll,” I said. “I’m worried that this guy may be beyond my abilities.” I graved another wad of money out of my bag, and offered it to Gauis.
    Last edited by Joltik; 24th July 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast