Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Individual RP: Gliscorman

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: Individual RP: Gliscorman

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Do we move on, now?" Kyle asked. "To search for some more Pokemon, I mean."

"Yeah," I said, zipping my pack tight. I patted it twice, to make sure the recently captured Croagunk was secure, and then we moved off. The sun was coming out, and it was getting to be a bit hot, which was bad for me. I hated the heat, but I kept on walking without saying anything. If worst came to worst, we could go out onto a lake, or I could ride on Smash, or something.

We arrived at the saltwater lake. There was a small beach here, and the sunlight sparkled off the waves. As if greeting us, a Mantyke jumped up into the air and did a few somersaults before reentering the lake.

"How about trying to catch a Mantyke?" I asked Kyle.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Kyle Zephyr
    Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Wooper(F); ??? Buizel(F); Calm Croagunk(M); ??? Mantyke(?)
    Pokemon Captured: Calm Croagunk(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 1238

Pokemon Statistics:

Quirky Male Gliscor 58% (TM Earthquake, MT Sky Attack <Sand Veil Ability>)

Jolly Male Tyranitar 100% (<Sand Stream Ability>)

Calm Male Magmortar 100% (<Flame Body Ability>)

Hasty Male Raticate 100% (<Guts Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x1
    Super Ball x1
    Park Ball x3
    Digital Camera x1
    Max Potion x1

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

"Yeah," he said, zipping his pack tightly. Chainy patted it as if to make sure that the Pokeball containing my new friend was still there. He led us over to another lake, this one more brackish than the last. It began to grow slightly warmer as we walked, but I took no notice as I have recently figured that I have an extra ten degrees of tolerance with weather. My ranger, however seemed to slouch a little as if he was desperately trying to ignore the heat. I took this into a mental note and decided not to create a Sunny Day with my Magmortar.

When we arrived at the salt lake, a Pokemon jumped out of the water, did several flips and landed with a loud splash in the lake. It kept frolicking in its natural habitat, and Chainy turned to me.

"How about trying to catch a Mantyke?" he asked me.

I looked over at the happy, blue manta ray in the lake and back to Chainy. I repeated this twice, shrugged and said:

"I think it looks happy enough in its own place," I said. "Let's find a different Pokemon."

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"I think it looks happy enough in its own place. Let's find a different Pokemon," Kyle said quietly.

I nodded, and led him away. The Mantyke did one more somersault and then disappeared below the sparkling waves.

Ten minutes later, it was too hot to take. "Screw this," I muttered underneath my breath. I tapped one of the Poke Balls on my belt twice, and a huge Swampert appeared in a white flash. I affectionately punched one of his forelegs.

"Hey there buddy, how you doing?" I asked him. He hooted happily in reply. I swung up on top of him, riding him like a horse. His skin was cool and clammy, with just the slightest sensation of wetness. The perfect antidote to mid-day heat.

"By the way, this is Smash," I said to Kyle, introducing my starter Pokemon. Smash gurgled his greetings, and then shot a little fountain of water into the air. Before Smash could show off more, however, a Poliwag emerged from some low-lying bushes, hopping slowly through the sand.

"Interested?" I asked Kyle.

~~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Wooper(F); ??? Buizel(F); Calm Croagunk(M); ??? Mantyke(?); ??? Poliwag(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Hasty Male Raticate 100% (<Guts Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x1
    Super Ball x1
    Park Ball x3
    Digital Camera x1
    Max Potion x1

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Blog Entries

At my words, Chainy nodded and led me away with the Mantyke still doing somersaults and flips in air.

After a little while, the heat must've gotten to my Ranger. He muttered something quietly and pulled out a Pokeball. Out of the ball came a Swampert: a big, blue creature with fins on its arms and head. He swung onto it and seemed to relax a little.

"Hey there buddy, how you doing?" He asked his Swampert while he did this.

"Swa!" his Pokemon replied happily.

"By the way, this is Smash," Chainy said as he turned to me.

"Wamp!" Smash called out his greetings. He let loose a small stream of water skyward that came down like heavy, concentrated rain which felt rather nice.

I was about to say hi to his Pokemon, when a Poliwag hopped out of the underbrush and started wobbling around.

"Interested?" my Ranger asked me.

The little blue creature didn't look like much, now, but something nagged at the back of my mind as being familiar. Maybe it was the swirling pattern on its belly? I couldn't place it exactly, so I flipped open my blue and yellow Pokedex.

I spun through several searches until I found the newly entered Poliwag. I then searched the nearby entries to find something that would've triggered the memory: an evolution.

I glanced up to see that it was still there, and it was. Thankfully, it was rather clumsy above water.

I looked back down to the screen of my 'dex and found what I was looking for; there was not one, but two evolutions that I had seen: Poliwrath and Politoed. They both looked very strong, so I flipped my Pokedex off and into my belt while pulling a Pokeball off with my other hand.

"Of course I am!" I told Chain. "Go, Raticate! Lunge at the Poliwag fast with your Super Fang attack!"

My large brown rat Pokemon appeared before me just in time for the order, which was the way it liked it. With any luck, this would go similar to the battle against Wooper; except that I would catch this small tadpole Pokemon before me.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Of course I am!" Kyle replied. He flung a Poke Ball onto the ground, and a red flash revealed his Raticate. "Go, Raticate! Lunge at the Poliwag fast with your Super Fang attack!" Kyle shouted.

The large rat Pokemon shot forward, baring its large incisor teeth. It slammed into the Poliwag, who became disoriented by the sudden attack. Raticate began biting the little blue tadpole viciously. Reacting quickly, as its kind was known for, the Poliwag smashed its tail into its opponent, knocking it backwards. It then narrowed its eyes and stuck its tongue out at Raticate, taunting its opponent.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? ??? Poliwag: 50% (used Wake-up Slap)
    Hasty Male Raticate: 88% (used Super Fang)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Wooper(F); ??? Buizel(F); Calm Croagunk(M); ??? Mantyke(?); ??? Poliwag(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 1974 / 4000

Pokemon Statistics:

Hasty Male Raticate 88% <Out of Ball, in battle> (<Guts Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x1
    Super Ball x1
    Park Ball x3
    Digital Camera x1
    Max Potion x1

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

The large rat Pokemon shot forward, baring its large incisor teeth. It slammed into the Poliwag, who became disoriented and was startled by the sudden attack. Raticate began biting the little blue swirly tadpole viciously. Reacting quickly, as its kind was known for, the Poliwag smashed its tail into its opponent, knocking it backwards. It then narrowed its eyes and stuck its tongue out at Raticate, taunting me and my Pokemon.

The Poliwag looked awfully cute and defiant while trying to insult my Raticate. My Pokemon had not yet picked itself up, but as soon as it did the hasty nature would kick in sending it flying at the Pokemon that was taunting it. I did not want this to happen, so it would be best to give the orders now so that there would be slightly less confusion.

I thought about what would be most effective against a Poliwag, but nothing came to mind. A few simple attacks would most likely deal enough to take it into easy-catching range. Too many would destroy the poor creature that was before me. It had to be the right balance and what did it hurt to do some small damage right now?

"Raticate!" I called out to my slightly injured friend. "Get up quickly and attack the Poliwag quicker! Get up close with a Quick Attack and Bite it!"

Small combos would do the trick of damage without total overkill. If I could just not get Raticate hurt so much... But that couldn't be avoided, could it? My best bet would be to use a Potion if I needed to, but I didn't need to at the moment.

Back to what was at hand, the Quick Attack would do the trick of getting up close and personal with the tadpole, Bite would do the rest. The period between issuing the orders to my Pokemon and the execution of them was always the worst as all I could do was watch.

((Let's make this Poliwag female. I also like what you did with the CC))

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Raticate, get up quickly and attack the Poliwag quicker with a Quick Attack and Bite it!" Kyle called out.

The Raticate quickly returned to its feet and shot towards the its small opponent. However, the Poliwag was clever, and it was expecting this. Small purple lights began swirling around its eyes, and it looked directly at the incoming Raticate. Raticate looked straight into the Poliwag's eyes, but managed to fight off the hypnotic effect. It barreled straight into the Poliwag, and began biting it viciously. Throughout the attack, however, the Poliwag kept trying to make eye contact. Raticate was confused by the Poliwag's lack of resistance or cries of pain, so he stopped attacking to see what the Poliwag was doing. Unfortunately, he looked into the Poliwag's eyes a second time, and this time he couldn't fight off the waves of sleepiness emanating from the small tadpole Pokemon. He toppled over backwards and fell asleep.

~~~~~

??? Female Poliwag: 22% (used Hypnosis)
    Hasty Male Raticate: 88%, SLP (used Bite)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Wooper(F); ??? Buizel(F); Calm Croagunk(M); ??? Mantyke(?); ??? Poliwag(F)
    CC since last Encounter: 3746 / 4000

Pokemon Statistics:

Hasty Male Raticate 88%, SLP <Out of Ball, in battle> (<Guts Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x1
    Super Ball x1
    Park Ball x3
    Digital Camera x1
    Max Potion x1

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

Raticate leapt up onto its feet and charged at the Poliwag as fast as it possibly could. The little tadpole was ready, however and prepared to counter the swift attack. It let loose waves of purple psychic energy out of its eyes, trying to hypnotize Raticate. Thankfully, my rat Pokemon was not making eye contact at the moment, but who knew how lung that would last. My Pokemon seemed rather clueless to what the Poliwag was planning, so the attack could fall apart at any time.

While he was next to the small blue Pokemon, Raticate bit and tore at it with its fangs. Startlingly, the tadpole seemed completely unaffected, as it didn't cry in pain or even flinch. It kept staring at my Pokemon, trying to make eye contact.

Confused as to why his foe wasn't struggling, Raticate glanced at the Poliwag and immediately fell under the effect of the Hypnosis attack.

"No!" I shouted, staring unbelievingly as my rat Pokemon collapsed and fell asleep. I couldn't do anything about it; Raticate was sleeping like a baby and there was nothing I could do.

Different scenarios swept through my mind like white water rapids. Sloshing about and sometimes getting stuck in an eddy. The eddies were ideas and thoughts which stuck in my head. Things like: "What if Raticate wakes up and manages to do some extra damage?" or "Should I just throw a Pokeball at it?". They flashed through my mind and I couldn't concentrate. I looked out onto the battlefield again to see if I could notice something that would help me decide.

Poliwag was the first thing that I noticed. It was standing over my Raticate and I had no idea what it would do next. It could loose its strongest attack, according to my Pokedex: a Hydro Pump, or run away. Either would be horrible for me. Switching out would also give it a chance to get away or wreak havoc on whatever I put out to replace my rat Pokemon. Therefore, in my mind, the only logical (not quite logical as my logic is mostly flawed) course of action would be to throw a Pokeball at it. My chances didn't look good on their own, but maybe a better Pokeball would do the trick.

My hand went immediately to my belt where my Pokeballs were held. I fingered their smooth surfaces and picked up one that was slightly different than the majority that were there. A Super Ball.

I threw it into the air as it sucked in the blue tadpole Pokemon while it was waiting. It fell to the ground and began to wobble. I closed my eyes and hoped for a capture.

OOC: For future reference, you're not allowed to say that the ball hit the Pokemon.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Kyle decided to go for the capture. He unhooked a Super Ball from his belt and tossed it towards the tadpole Pokemon. It tapped the Poliwag gently on it's tail, and the Poliwag was converted into red light. The red light swirled into a sphere, which the Super Ball closed around. The capture device wiggled on the ground for a couple second, before lying still. The red confirmation light on the front of the ball lit up.

"Congratulations, you caught a Poliwag," I said to Kyle as I walked over and picked up the ball, which was lying next to the sleeping Raticate. I then tucked it into my pack and waited for Kyle to decide where to go next.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Wooper(F); ??? Buizel(F); Calm Croagunk(M); ??? Mantyke(?); Naive Poliwag(F)
    Pokemon Captured: Calm Croagunk(M); Naive Poliwag(F)

Pokemon Statistics:

Hasty Male Raticate 88%, SLP <Out of Ball> (<Guts Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x1
    Super Ball x1
    Park Ball x3
    Digital Camera x1
    Max Potion x1

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

OOC: All right. I was treating it like a story, but I can understand why it'd be otherwise.

"Congratulations, you caught a Poliwag," Chainy said to me and I opened my eyes immediately to see if it were true. He walked over and picked up the ball, which was lying next to my Raticate, who was in Dream Land. He then tucked it into his pack, next to my Croagunk. My ranger then seemed like he was waiting to see what I wanted to do next.

"What should I do..." I thought. Raticate was sleeping and it would be a pain to wait for him to wake up. It would also be a generally bad idea to just return it and wait for an encounter with a wild Pokemon to try my luck with it waking up. Then a thought struck me.

"Could I bring Magmortar out and place him as a guard for Raticate until it wakes up?" I said, unclipping a Pokeball from my belt. "We could stay within sight of these two."

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: It's just so that if the capture attempt fails I have more creative options than "It got sucked in then escaped". Also, sometimes if a person has been doing low-quality stuff, I can just make the ball miss, but you don't have to worry about that at all :). Also, sorry for the delay, I completely spaced it :O

~~~~~

"Could I bring Magmortar out and place him as a guard for Raticate until it wakes up? We could stay within sight of these two," Kyle asked.

"Yeah, that's fine," I replied. "There's actually no limit on number of Pokemon you can have out at once. You can stroll around with your entire party if you like."

Kyle nodded and summoned out his Magmortar. It was huge and I knew it could cause some serious damage, but at the same time I felt an aura of peace and kindness emanating from it. It stood next to the sleeping Raticate and began calmly examining the surroundings.

While we waited for Raticate to wake up, I walked down to the shore. It was part of a Ranger's duty to keep an eye on the health of the Park, so I had decided to do a toxicity reading of this lake while I was here. It saved me coming to do it later. As I dipped the test tube into the water, I noticed a little fish swimming idly around in the shallows. Upon closer inspection, it appeared to be a Finneon. Quietly, I waved for Kyle's attention, then pointed out the fish. Without making any noise I raised my shoulders in question, asking him if he wanted to try and catch it.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Wooper(F); ??? Buizel(F); Calm Croagunk(M); ??? Mantyke(?); Naive Poliwag(F); ??? Finneon(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 788

Pokemon Statistics:

Calm Male Magmortar 100% <Out of Ball> (<Flame Body Ability>)

Hasty Male Raticate 88%, SLP <Out of Ball, Sleeping> (<Guts Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x1
    Super Ball x1
    Park Ball x3
    Digital Camera x1
    Max Potion x1

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

OOC: It's all right. :P I'm glad that someone else thinks that I'm doing well.

"Yeah, that's fine," he replied. "There's actually no limit on number of Pokemon you can have out at once. You can stroll around with your entire party if you like."

This gave me a few good ideas, but I was pleased that Magmortar could enjoy the fresh air. I released the Pokeball containing my powerful Fire-type. He hefted his yellow cannon-like arms and examined his surroundings.

While I let Magmortar take in the new place, I lost track of my Ranger. I turned around, glancing in all directions furiously trying to find my guide. After a few seconds that seemed like hours, I saw Chainy and, apparently, he was looking for me. He waved me over, pointing at the water. There was evidently some sort of fish Pokemon.

"Stay here and wait for Raticate to wake up, Magmortar," I said quietly to my second Pokemon.

My Pokemon nodded and I walked over to my Ranger to see what he was looking at.

As I neared the water, he pointed again and I could see what it was. There was a Finneon floating, curious of the creatures above it, under the water.

Silently, he gave a questioning shrug. I responded with an equally silent shake of the head. The little neon fish was just too innocent. I didn't want to take it away from its home.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Kyle shook his head, indicating that he didn't want the small fish. We both watched it silently as it flitted around the shallows. After a couple of minutes, it suddenly darted away into a small group of reeds. I smiled. It was good to see such a small Pokemon living happily.

I looked at the testing equipment. The water salinity was a little above normal, but nothing worth worrying over. I packed the equipment away and stowed it in my pack. I glanced over to Raticate - he was still sleeping soundly, with Magmortar looking around quietly a few metres away.

Suddenly, I began hearing bubbles. I looked over at the lake, and sure enough, there was a trail of bubbles on the surface, getting closer to the shore. When the Pokemon making the bubbles stepped out onto the sand, I gasped. It was a huge Kingler, and it didn't look happy. It clicked angrily and waved it's larger claw at Kyle.

"I think it wants to fight," I said to Kyle quickly. "Do you want to, or shall we try to run?"

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Wooper(F); ??? Buizel(F); Calm Croagunk(M); ??? Mantyke(?); Naive Poliwag(F); ??? Finneon(?); ??? Kingler(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x1
    Super Ball x1
    Park Ball x3
    Digital Camera x1
    Max Potion x1

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

Chainy seemed to understand that I didn't really want the Finneon. He's a good Ranger like that. Anyway, we watched it a little before it suddenly swam off. My Ranger gave a shrug and took a salinity reading of the water. I couldn't help but feel that there was not right about how fast it swam off. I followed him up to where I had left Magmortar and the sleeping Raticate.

While Chainy was putting his testing equipment into his backpack, I went over to comfort and check on my Pokemon. Raticate was still snoring soundly and Magmortar, even more silent than Raticate, was standing his ground and looking off into the distance. I patted the fiery Pokemon on the back, acknowledging that it had done well. I then ran my hand through the Rat Pokemon's coarse fur, letting it know that even though it was in the land of dreams, I was still there.

"I think it wants to fight," Chainy called to me very quickly, breaking the silence. "Do you want to, or shall we try to run?"

I was startled at how fast things could change. I looked at Chainy and then to what he was staring at. He was right to sat that it wanted to fight; opposite me was an angry-looking Kingler. The first thing that I noticed was that it had two very large claws, one was three times as big as the other. The other menacing things about it were that it was angry, large, orange and angry. It clicked its claws a few times as if to challenge me and then began to charge. I had to think quickly.

I flipped three Pokeballs off of my belt and into my hand and opened them recalling both Magmortar and the sleeping and unsuspecting Raticate. The third Pokeball was the one that contained my beloved Gliscor. It released him.

Gliscor appeared in a flash of light onto the battlefield. There was less than a second between me putting Raticate and Magmortar's Pokeballs back onto my belt and me jumping on top of my Gliscor's back. I started to fly up before yelling back down to my Ranger.

"Get out of here!" I called out.

I knew that Gliscor could technically not fly, but it was able to spring up and glide on even the softest of breezes. The one thing I did not know, however, was if my Pokemon could carry the extra weight of me on his back.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Thinking quickly, Kyle returned both his Magmortar and his still-sleeping Raticate. At the same time he summoned out his Gliscor, and jumped astride him. With a powerful flap of his wings, Gliscor rose high into the air, high over the Kingler. Following suit, I tapped my Staraptor's Poke Ball. Broadblade shoved off of the ground with his powerful wings, and began effortlessly gliding in circles around the severly pissed-off crab Pokemon. Unfortunately for Kyle, Gliscor wasn't doing as well. They were expert gliders, but not so good at vertical takeoffs, especially without a run-up. Furthermore, there was only a tiny breeze. Lastly, the fact that Gliscor had been hurt by the Croagunk before was the final straw that broke the camel's back. Gliscor slowly returned to Earth - he had enough energy to at least slow his fall.

Upon realizing that the intruders weren't going anywhere, the Kingler began hissing angrily. It began rushing towards the spot where Gliscor would land. Kyle say this, and slid off of Gliscor so that his Pokemon would have more maneuverability in battle. Luckily, the Kingler ignored Kyle, preferring to concentrate on the now easily gliding Gliscor. It spat a stream of bubbles at its opponent. I guided Staraptor back onto the ground but didn't return him - while I couldn't explicitly help the Trainer, I sure could be ready to intervene if I deemed he needed the help. He should be fine though - he had two perfectly healthy Pokemon, and could always buy a Poke Doll if he really badly wanted to escape.

~~~~~

??? ??? Kingler: 100% (using Bubblebeam)
    Quirky Male Gliscor: 58%

Trainer Statistics:
    Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Wooper(F); ??? Buizel(F); Calm Croagunk(M); ??? Mantyke(?); Naive Poliwag(F); ??? Finneon(?); ??? Kingler(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 2228 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:
    Hyper Ball x1
    Super Ball x1
    Park Ball x3
    Digital Camera x1
    Max Potion x1

~~~~~
    Last edited by ChainReaction01; 24th January 2011 at 03:58 PM.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast