Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Ebail

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Individual RP: Ebail

NBP#9

"Yes, I do, personally I'd like a Timburr, Mienfoo, or Riolu," Eric answered as the ranger continued to lead him through the cave networks. "If I could pick though, I'd rather run into, and capture, the Mienfoo or Riolu. All I know is if I do encounter one of the fighting types I want and capture it, I'll probably end my run there. It's a shame though, if it came to an end so soon, since this trip is fun, and since you're a good ranger, if not one of the best around here."

Elisa felt her cheeks flush a slightly red color when the trainer said "since you're a good ranger, if not one of the best around here." "Oh, that's nothing... Just doing my job..."

She began to look around once more, checking the other holes in the cavern. Who knows, maybe a Riolu might be there. Unfortunately, there were none as of the moment. "Hmm, Timburr, Mienfoo or Riolu, huh? Well, hopefully we'll encounter one of those - maybe one of their evolutions..."

The ground shook a bit, and the ranger thought it was an earthquake - though it did not last for long. They heard some heavy footsteps coming their way. Elisa did not know which was more dangerous - a natural tremor or one caused by a heavy creature. Hopefully, though, the Pokemon would not be too rash or impulsive.

A second later, a medium-sized yellow entity came into view. She breathed a sigh of relief - at least it wasn't that huge, though still quite bulky. It had a black chest area as well as hands that resembled black gloves. It also had red circles on its cheeks, and slit-like eyes. The Guts Pokemon had a knot on its head, causing it to seemingly resemble punching bag.

"How about a Makuhita?" the female ranger asked, turning to the trainer and his Ambipom.

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Eric

Encounters Left: 11
    Area Effects: Cold breezes of air.
    Pokemon Encountered: Sneasel (F, Hardy)|Machop (?, ???)|Bagon (?, ???)|Vanillite (M, Lonely)
    Current Encounter: Makuhita (?, ???)
    Pokemon Captured: Sneasel (F, Hardy)|Vanillite (M, Lonely)

Total Items: 2 Park balls; 2 Super balls; 2 Hyper balls; 1 Full Heal; 5 Super Potion; Premium Honey; 1x Family Repellent
    MCR: 0/???

Pokemon Stats

Infernape (M) -- 100%
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Docile
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Swords Dance, TM Earthquake, TM Hidden Power (Dark), TM Will-O-Wisp, TM Stone Edge, MT Role Play, BM Encore, BM Fake Out, BM ThunderPunch

Scizor (M) -- 71.5%
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Toxic, TM Mimic, TM Rest, TM Substitute, TM Curse, TM Hidden Power (Fire), TM Snore, TM Protect, TM Endure, TM Return, TM Swagger, TM Sleep Talk, TM Attract, TM Steel Wing, TM Light Screen, TM Brick Break, TM Facade, TM Roost, TM Fling, TM U-Turn, HM Cut, HM Rock Smash, HM Defog, BM Reversal, BM Baton Pass, MT Bug Bite, MT Superpower

Ambipom (M) -- 81.5%
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Thunder Wave, TM Return, TM Ice Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Taunt, TM Brick Break, TM Aerial Ace, TM Facade, TM Snatch, TM Shadow Claw, TM Grass Knot, TM U-Turn, BM Counter, BM Fake Out, MT Seed Bomb, MT Low Kick
    <Currently Out of Ball>
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

OOC: Short post is short

"Hmm, Timburr, Mienfoo or Riolu, huh? Well, hopefully we'll encounter one of those - maybe one of their evolutions..." Elisa turned and said as she was checking holes in the cavern, seeing if there was maybe a Riolu in one.

The ground started to shake, and footsteps could be heard coming closer and closer. At this time a yellow Pokemon, with a black chest and red checks appeared before us. For a smaller, pre-evolved Pokemon it was still rather bulky.

"How about a Makuhita? Elisa asked Ambipom, and myself. "No thanks, I'm not all that interested in one, so I'd just like to buy a Pokedoll and continue alone."

OOC: $12,500-$500=$12,000
    Last edited by Ebail; 20th April 2011 at 08:33 AM.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

NBP#10

Eric declined this offer, too, buying another Pokedoll. He gave Elisa another 500 Pokedollars, which she took. She quickly rummaged through her bag, not wanting the wild creatue to attack them impatiently.

Fortunately, the Makuhita stood still in its battle stance. The ranger tossed a Pokedoll, this one made to look like the Guts Pokemon. The Fighting type caught the toy with one of its boxing-gloves-hands easily, seemingly contented with it as it strolled away, still making a rumbling and stomping sound as it moved along.

It was but silent for a few minutes until they came across another Pokemon. It was, again, another Fighting type.

"How about a Tyrogue?" Elisa asked, gesturing over to the primarily violet-colored entity. He was a medium-sized Pokémon that generally resembled humans' shape. He had a brown-colored bottom and feet which resembled short pants and shoes. There were white lines on his torso which resembled bandages. He also had these bandages wrapped around his wrists. He had three spikes on top of his head which resembled a crest, yellow irises, and circular sections on the sides of his head like a protective padding.

Trainer Statistics:

Encounters Left: 10
    Pokemon Encountered: Sneasel (F, Hardy)|Machop (?, ???)|Bagon (?, ???)|Vanillite (M, Lonely)|Makuhita (?, ???)
    Current Encounter: Tyrogue (M, ???)

Total Items: 2 Park balls; 2 Super balls; 2 Hyper balls; 1 Full Heal; 5 Super Potion; Premium Honey; 1x Family Repellent
    MCR: 616/4000

Pokemon Stats

Infernape (M) -- 100%
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Swords Dance, TM Earthquake, TM Hidden Power (Dark), TM Will-O-Wisp, TM Stone Edge, MT Role Play, BM Encore, BM Fake Out, BM ThunderPunch

Scizor (M) -- 71.5%
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Toxic, TM Mimic, TM Rest, TM Substitute, TM Curse, TM Hidden Power (Fire), TM Snore, TM Protect, TM Endure, TM Return, TM Swagger, TM Sleep Talk, TM Attract, TM Steel Wing, TM Light Screen, TM Brick Break, TM Facade, TM Roost, TM Fling, TM U-Turn, HM Cut, HM Rock Smash, HM Defog, BM Reversal, BM Baton Pass, MT Bug Bite, MT Superpower

Ambipom (M) -- 81.5%
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Thunder Wave, TM Return, TM Ice Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Taunt, TM Brick Break, TM Aerial Ace, TM Facade, TM Snatch, TM Shadow Claw, TM Grass Knot, TM U-Turn, BM Counter, BM Fake Out, MT Seed Bomb, MT Low Kick
    <Currently Out of Ball>
    Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 22nd April 2011 at 09:54 PM.
    A Poem I Wrote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

The Makuhita stood perfectly still as the Pokedoll was thrown to it. Makuhita caught the Pokedoll and walked away with it causing more shakes to the ground as it left.

After walking along for another few minutes we came across another Pokemon. It was another Fighting type, unfortunately it was not one of the three I was searching for.

"How about a Tyrogue?" Elisa asked. "Tyrogue has some pretty cool evolutions, but unfortunately its not what I'm currently looking for right now, so I'd just like to buy another Pokedoll please," I said to Elisa as I pulled out another 500.

OOC: $21,500-$500=$21,000

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

NBP#11

"Tyrogue has some pretty cool evolutions, but unfortunately its not what I'm currently looking for right now, so I'd just like to buy another Pokedoll please," Eric told the ranger, bringing out some more cash. She nodded, it just wasn't his day when it came to encountering the Pokemon he wanted.

Elisa tossed another one of her emergency Pokedolls, in this case, it was one in the form of a Hitmontop. She presumed the toy designers could not decide whether to make a Hitmonchan or a Hitmonlee, so they probably settled for the one in the middle. Personally, she liked Hitmonchan more then the other two evolutions.

The Scuffle Pokemon caught the Pokedoll with his seemingly bandaged hand, and walked off with a rather loud growl. The ranger led the trainer deeper into the mountain, coming across a dead end - sort of.

"Eric," she told the teen, "It seems we've come across another fork in this path - one goes to the left and the other to the right." She examined the two paths, being careful not to bump her head against the mountain wall blocking them. "There's no telling which leads upward." She sighed in defeat, shrugging.

She punched the wall in front of them, this was not her day either.

Trainer Statistics:

Encounters Left: 9
    Pokemon Encountered: Sneasel (F, Hardy)|Machop (?, ???)|Bagon (?, ???)|Vanillite (M, Lonely)|Makuhita (?, ???)|Tyrogue (M, ???)
    Current Encounter: [none]

MCR: 579/???

Pokemon Stats

Infernape (M) -- 100%

Scizor (M) -- 71.5%

Ambipom (M) -- 81.5%
    <Currently Out of Ball>
    A Poem I Wrote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

After we escaped from the small fighting type we came across another fork in the road.

Elisa made it a point to tell me there was no way to know which way went up, and went on to punch the wall in front of her out of, what I'd guess to be annoyance.

"Hm another fork in the road huh?" I said to myself looking both ways. "All right then I wanna go right because whether it leads up or down, it will lead us to Pokemon, and we will find our way out at some point," I said outloud trying to be positive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

NBP#12

"All right then I wanna go right because whether it leads up or down, it will lead us to Pokemon, and we will find our way out at some point," Eric said in a very optimistic tone. The female ranger smiled, grinning at him approvingly as she led him through the path.

It wasn't exactly going up, though she could feel a very slight upward slope as they journeyed further. The new road they were taking was not the biggest of sorts, and luckily, the Ambipom could still fit through with minimal difficulties.

After a while of not encountering any creatures at all, the path began to widen. Elisa smiled as this happened, and looked over he shoulder to Eric's Pokémon. He seemed much more comfortable now, and could move rather freely around.

There were more slight tremors suddenly, and she thought it could be another Fighting type. She was about to tell this to the trainer when a Pokémon growl echoed throughout the cave. "Gurr--duurrr..."

"Eric, did you hear that? Come on, it's gotta be just around the corner--" Elisa shouted enthusiastically, this was what the male teen had been waiting for throughout the entire run. And now here it was...

What was it, exactly? It was a bipedal, predominantly gray-colored Pokémon. It had a large, round dark-violet nose, as well as bulbous features, which resembled curls of "hair", on its head. Violet bulges patterned its muscular, larger arms, thighs, and chest, which formed an hourglass-like shape, and similar thick violet bands adorned its shoulders. It was carrying a beam in its arms.

"I don't even have to ask if you want this or not," the ranger told him.

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Sneasel (F, Hardy)|Machop (?, ???)|Bagon (?, ???)|Vanillite (M, Lonely)|Makuhita (?, ???)|Tyrogue (M, ???)
    Current Encounter: Gurdurr (?, ???)

MCR: 1082/25, 000

Pokemon Stats

Infernape (M) -- 100%

Scizor (M) -- 71.5%

Ambipom (M) -- 81.5%
    <Currently Out of Ball>
    A Poem I Wrote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Elisa started to lead me through the path that I had chosen. She seemed to be in higher spirits then she was a few moments ago, maybe it was because I seemed optimistic when choosing a path even though neither me nor her knew which way would lead us up the mountain, and which would lead us underground. It didn't matter to me either way though because I'd still be encounter Pokemon regardless.

We continued to walk along the way without encountering any Pokemon as we went along. As we kept going on the path began to widen giving us more room to walk which I was happy about since I still had Ambipom out of its Pokeball to enjoy itself. Ambipom is my signature Pokemon, and it also doubles over as my pet so I was all too happy that it was able to be out walking with me.

As we got even further along in the path the ground could be felt shaking slightly, and it wasn't much time after that that a Pokemon growl could be heard echoing through the cave. At that time a mainly gray-colored, with purple lines on its body which seemed to resemble veins appeared. This wasn't the largest Pokemon but it was muscular, its head seemed to be curly on top which made it seem like it had hair, and it had a violet colored nose. It was a Gurdurr.

"I don't even have to ask if you want this or not," Elisa said to me. "Personally I prefer to battle, as well as capture, Pokemon in their lowest form possible. However should I run away from this Gurdurr there will be no guarantee that I will encounter another Pokemon that I want during this trip, so it would just be best for me to stay and battle this Gurdurr," I said to Elisa who knew I had been looking for a Fighting-type Pokemon. This Gurdurr is no Meinfoo like I had hoped I'd encounter, but it is still an incredibly powerful Pokemon so I see no reason to pass up on it, I had thought to myself.

I turned to Ambipom who looked willing to battle, but before it could step up I made it a point to say, "hey Ambipom you already battled, plus you'd be at a disadvantage vs this Gurdurr so you stay back there and rest up some more." After saying that though I thought to myself that Scizor was also still probably tired, so then that left me with only one option.

"Get on out here Infernape!" I yelled as I tossed Infernape's Pokeball into the sky and watched the Pokemon appeared right before me.

Infernape let out a "Infer-Infernape" after being released from its ball. As always it seemed rather eager to battle. Infernape enjoys to showoff its skills against its opponents, but at the same time it never gets too cocky to the point where it messes up during battle and misses attacks. At the same time though it tends to sometimes go in too strong when attacking, and uses too much power which can leave its opponents hurt bad. It never did back down from a fight though, no matter the circumstances, if it was up against a type disadvantage it would refuse to leave the battle, and would use a move such as Will-o-Wisp, or Taunt so then when Infernape is knocked out it leaves an effect on its opponent so it is weakened or can't use some of its moves.

I took a good look at Infernape, and then at Gurdurr and thought to myself that a Fighting type Pokemon vs another Fighting type Pokemon should be an interesting battle to say the least. The only thing I was wondering was how long would the battle last exactly. Infernape didn't have any moves that were super effective vs Gurdurr, so I was thinking that maybe at some point I might swap Scizor in since it has some Flying attacks at its disposal.

"Okay now Infernape its time to show me what you can do so start this thing off with a Flamethrower!" I yelled the command to my Infernape and got ready for it to begin its attack.

Infernape stood its ground and took in a deep breath for its attack. I had seen Flamethrower used several times in the past, and each time I saw it it was always the same, the user always unleashed a single line of fire from its mouth at the target.

Infernape blew the attack at Gurdurr as I waited to see how Gurdurr would respond to this attack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BP#1

Elisa watched how Eric would react to this encounter. If she, herself, had wanted this Pokemon she would have preferred a Timburr - which was the pre-evolved form. However, she would still battle the entity as there was no telling what they might encounter next. This was the trainer's view of the situation as well.

He turned to his Ambipom who was more than eager to battle the fighting type, but stopped upon Eric's command. The Normal type would be at a particularly large disadvantage against a Fighting type, plus the monkey already had his share of battling.

The ranger made a guess on who would battle this Gurdurr, and she was correct. It would be Infernape. When the very common Fire-Fighting-type was released from his Pokeball, he looked just like any other Flame Pokemon, though seemingly more obedient.

She thought a Fighting-type versus Fighting-type would be quite an interesting battle. However, due to Infernape's Fire-typed attacks and other extra moves, he would seem to be at an ever-so-slight advantage. She quickly stepped aside to give room for the battle as Eric shouted out his first order.

"Okay now, Infernape, it's time to show me what you can do. So, start this thing off with a Flamethrower!"

It was always like this. Flamethrower was always performed as the Infernape was doing. He gathered up some fire power, which turmoiled up through his throat. It burned and bubbled slightly in his mouth, getting stronger until... He shot out a stream of spiraling embers. It looked a bit like a flaring cyclone of sorts as Eric's Pokemon blew it to the foe.

Gurdurr reacted immediately. It swung its arms forward, making the beam it was carrying a make-shift shield. Unfortunately, the seemingly wooden structure was burnt after some short sprays of flame. Being unable to prepare another counter-attack, the Flamethrower brushed his arms, dealing some reasonable amount of damage.

The Muscular Pokemon began to toughen up, using a good deal of its energy. It focused its energy and power into physical attacks, and was bracing itself from physical "punishment". An aura of gray mixed with white and some red began to surround the entity, giving it power to deal more damage when using attacks.

It punched the cave's wall as the light disappeared, causing rocks to fall out of place. Some were sliding down quickly, heading for the Infernape as it the wild creature was controlling them - and it seemed, he was.

The female ranger jumped upon instinct as a stray boulder rolled towards her. She gulped a bit uneasily, this could prove to be a very dangerous battle. And what would happen to Mount Deckbi? Or, this area, at least?

BATTLE STATS:
    Wild Gurdurr (?, ???)
    Health: 88%
    Currently Using: Rock Slide
    Last Move Used: Bulk Up

..::VS::..

Infernape (M, Docile)
    Health: 100%
    Last Move Used: Flamethrower

Trainer Statistics:

Current Encounter: Gurdurr (?, ???)

MCR: 5178/25, 000

Pokemon Stats

Infernape (M) -- 100%
    <Currently Out of Ball; Currently Engaged in Battle>

Scizor (M) -- 71.5%

Ambipom (M) -- 81.5%
    <Currently Out of Ball>

OOC: Gender of Gurdurr?
    A Poem I Wrote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

OOC: Male

"This Gurdurr is tough, it took that Flamethrower attack dead on but it isn't even fazed. And at the same time this cave seems to be taking a beating, this isn't good, if this keeps up I'll need to call off the battle because the last thing I want to do is destroy this cave," I couldn't help but saying that out loud after already seeing how bad this battle could end up being. It would be nice if this cave could be left alone during the battle, but even if I told Infernape to take it easy I could never get Gurdurr to listen to me.

I wasn't sure yet if sending in Infernape was a bad decision or not, and if I should have used Scizor in its place due to its wider movepool, but I guess only time could really tell at this point. All I could do right now was give Infernape a chance to battle Gurdurr and if things got really bad then I could always swap it out throw Scizor out in its place, seeing as how its only weakness was against Fire type moves.

Gurdurr had increased its strength with its previous move, and after doing so it punched the cave which was the reason the cave started to become damaged. Fighting-types always seemed to love showing off their power, or being destructive after they increase their strength. It must be in their blood or something, because there have been times when I would have Infernape use Swords Dance and it would usually destroy some rocks in its path, or go and attack the opponent at full force which would usually result in it knocking out the opponent.

Based on the way Gurdurr's power up looked I'd guess it had used Bulk Up. Due to it using Bulk Up I knew it was going to be much more tougher to deal with now seeing as how not only its attack, but also its defense increased by one stage. Of course though I could always end up cutting Gurdurr's attack in half if need be. I could even end up lowering its defense too if I wanted, so I wasn't exactly all that worried. So I began to think that maybe I should use Will-O-Wisp so I could weaken Gurdurr, but just then I began to think again, wait a second, what if this Gurdurr has the ability Guts? Some Gurdurr have that ability so if I hit it with Will-O-Wisp sure it would slowly drain it of health, but due to its ability rather than cutting its attack it would actually increase it, and that's not exactly what I want to do right now. That also means that if I used Toxic from Scizor, or even Thunder Wave from Ambipom then I'll just end up helping Gurdurr even more. Oh well so much for using a status type move on Gurdurr to weaken it, because I don't want to take the chance of it gaining strength since I don't know its ability.

"What should I do against this Gurdurr?" I said to myself. "I can't remember the last time I face a Pokemon this tough in the wild, it can probably just take almost any attack I throw at it head on without showing any sign of fatigue afterward," I said a little louder than my previous comment. I looked over at Infernape, and after taking all of its moves into consideration I could only think of one move to use right now so I could put a dent into Gurdurr.

"All right Infernape now use Acrobatics on Gurdurr," I gave the command to Infernape who seemed pleased to do it. At this point Acrobatics seemed as if it would be the most powerful attack to use since Gurdurr was weak to Flying attacks, and Acrobatics was very powerful, also seeing as how Gurdurr had raised its defense a bit now too Acrobatics wouldn't do too much damage if I had to guess.

Acrobatics is a very unique attack in my opinion, it starts out normally as a somewhat weak attack in terms of power, however if the user of it was not holding an item then this attack would end up doubling in power. It was a great attack to use if you decided to not make your Pokemon hold an item, or if the Pokemon lost their item already.

Acrobatics wasn't a very fancy or special looking move like many other moves, it looked rather basic actually. The user would just jump up in the air, if it didn't have any wings, fly or rush towards the opponent, and strike the opponents whole body going from down to up with its wings, unless the user didn't have wings then it would be hit by the users hands.

Infernape took a stance, and before I knew it it was jumping in the air, and launching itself at Gurdurr before Gurdurr could get a shot in on Infernape first.
    Last edited by Ebail; 25th April 2011 at 10:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BP#2

It was quite a while until Eric gave his next command. He had been thinking to himself for a good amount of time as Infernape had "stood still" while trying to avoid the tumbling rocks. However, a few boulders managed to hit him.

"All right Infernape now use Acrobatics on Gurdurr," the trainer commanded just as his Pokemon jumped to evade another rapidly rolling stone.

The female ranger nodded, that attack was probably the most useful move as of the moment. Why? First, Fighting types were weak against Flying-type moves. And second, since the monkey was to leap into the air, he would be able to avoid the Rock Slide attack. If Eric had ordered an attack that would require Infernape to run across the cave's floor, there was a huge possibility that he would get damaged while trying to get to the opponent.

Acrobatics' power was actually not that high, however, if the opponent was not holding any Held Item, the attack's power would be doubled. Elisa wasn't really sure how power doubled in Pokemon, but somehow it worked.

Infernape was soaring through the air now, his arms and hands flung slightly forward. Luckily, the force of gravity was in his favor, and pulled him down at almost exactly the right moment. Gurdurr was a bit taken aback as the Infernape did not look very hurt from the rocks. He had used up quite a bit of his power in that one powerful attack, and could not prepare another move immediately.

Eric's Pokemon slammed his arms down, landing straight on the wild creature's shoulders. He winced and as Infernape continued to hit him from a high angle. Now, Infernape flopped to the ground, the last stone bumping into his torso with a bit of power.

Gurdurr growled angrily, and began to stomp about. He kicked Infernape with as much power as he could, crouching down low to get better sweeping angles. Eric's Pokemon endured much of this, as Fighting-typed attacks were not so effective against him.

Infernape stood just as the Muscular delivered its last hard blow, causing him to wince. He looked back at his trainer, awaiting further commands as the other entity jumped back into a fighting stance. They stared each other down...

BATTLE STATS:
    Wild Gurdurr (M, ???)
    Health: 68%
    Currently Using: [none]
    Last Move Used: Low Kick

Infernape (M, Docile)
    Health: 87%
    Last Move Used: Acrobatics

Trainer Statistics:

Current Encounter: Gurdurr (M, ???)

MCR: 9546/25, 000

Pokemon Stats

Infernape (M) -- 87%

Scizor (M) -- 71.5%

Ambipom (M) -- 81.5%
    <Currently Out of Ball>
    Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 25th April 2011 at 11:08 PM.
    A Poem I Wrote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Infernape hit Gurdurr with Acrobatics head on, however Gurdurr didn't even blink twice before it struck Infernape with a counterattack. It was a sweep type of kick that took Infernape's legs out from right under it. This meant the attack could either be a Low Sweep or a Low Kick, but it didn't matter all that much since Fighting moves don't really do all that much to Infernape in the first place.

"Wow look at that Gurdurr, it got hit with a powerful attack that it is weak against without even attempting to avoid it, and yet its still standing there like nothing more that a small scratch happened to it, incredible," I had said amazed at how durable this Gurdurr is.

Infernape and Gurdurr stood back into position, and after Infernape took a quick glance at me, it and Gurdurr were then locked eyes and stared each other down as Infernape patiently awaited for my next command.

I wonder what I should have Infernape do next... I wondered to myself taking another brief break from the battle to think out what move I sent to Infernape next. At this rate using attacks that just deal damage on contact will never be enough to weaken Gurdurr enough for a capture, this has got to be one of the most bulky Fighting types I've ever seen, and that fact that it can still evolve makes it all the more impressive. I must capture it, it would be so useful to have for battling anything.

As much as I wanted to capture this Gurdurr without seeing Infernape get hurt I couldn't help but be excited at this battle. I hadn't seen a battle this interesting in a very long time, and I was looking forward to seeing this battle continue on, because whether Infernape won or lost against Gurdurr I knew that the two of them would need to settle things to a point where one of them stays down for the counter. In the case of Gurdurr it would be it being captured, while in the case of Infernape it would be it being knocked out and as such being unable to continue to battle. For some reason I knew that this was the way it had to be, and I knew that no matter what I could not switch out Infernape for Scizor until this thing was decided.

I wanted Gurdurr's health to slowly be drained from an attack, but at the same time I didn't want to find out if its ability was Guts after hitting it with a move like Will-O-Wisp, so to me at this point in time it seemed like a lost clause to want to use a move like that. Just then though it hit me, I remembered Infernape had a move that would not only hurt Gurdurr, but it would also slowly drain its strength from it making it easier to capture as time went on.

"All right Infernape, get ready and use Fire Spin as your next attack!" Infernape heard my command, turned back to me, and gave a glance to let me know it understood.

Fire Spin was a very weak attack in terms of power, but in terms of usefulness it could be seen as a highly tactical attack. Not only does Fire Spin deal damage to the opposing Pokemon, but each turn for a few turns it also saps away some of opposing Pokemon's health, which in this case was exactly what I was looking to do.

Infernape took a stance similar to the one it took when it used Flamethrower and inhaled deeply for its attack. Fire Spin started out very similar to Flamethrower, both were a line of fire that went directly at the opponent, however as Fire Spin neared the opponent the attack would take a last minute turn, and a wall of flames would surround the opponent. It would look as though the Pokemon was enclosed in a cage of fire. Once the attack was done this wall, or cage, would vanish, but every time the opposing Pokemon would attack again the wall would reappear after their attack was finished, and would take some health away from the Pokemon under the effect of Fire Spin until it wears off.

Infernape finished inhaling, and sent its charged up blast at Gurdurr who, to my surprise, had remained waiting patiently for Infernape to move first, maybe it was part of Gurdurr's strategy or maybe it was just cocky, I guess only time can tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BP#3

Patiently, Infernape waited for Eric's next command. Fortunately, the Gurdurr had no intention of attacking, instead, he waited for the opponent to strike. The trainer allowed himself to go into deep thought, as did Elisa.

The ranger thought inflicting a status ailment was a seemingly practical thing to do, seeing as this wild Gurdurr was a certainly tough one. Draining health from him slowly each turn through an ailment would, in her opinion, prove to be very useful. It would add to the damage dealt by Infernape's attacks, so it would be easier to capture the Fighting type.

However, if Eric would decide to do this, there is a chance that it would be fatal. Why? Well, no one - except the Muscular Pokemon himself - knew what ability this creature had. It could very well be Guts, an ability that strengthens and helps the entity if it would have a status ailment. And she didn't think taking that risk was really worth it. Though, perhaps, the trainer had different views.

"All right Infernape, get ready and use Fire Spin as your next attack!" Elisa heard him call out his next order. He seemed to have figured something out, quicker than she had.

Infernape shifted, standing like he had done when he had fired off the Flamethrower earlier. He breathed in a sharp intake of breath, gathering his fire energy and power as before. A burning sensation filled his throat, surging through him once more.

He opened his mouth soon afterwards, shooting out a spiraling spew of fire. It twisted into a vortex of burning flames, enveloping the Gurdurr in a fiery cyclone full of flaring embers. He, however, had other plans. In all the excitement, no one had seemed to notice his arms glowing slightly. He managed to pick up a boulder, throwing it quickly at Infernape - who got hit almost dead on due to him focusing entirely on the Fire Spin.

The twister tightened, hitting him as he tried to escape. His scowl and yelp of pain could be heard as it escaped the fire's power, echoing throughout the cave. The Muscular Pokemon would not give up. He continued to try and push his way through the burning, spewing vortex. It was like magma inside a volcano. Ironically, this was Mount Oktori, contrasting with the cold weather outdoors. He stopped, but only after realizing there was no escaping this flaming trap and after getting damaged quite a bit.

The wild entity picked up another rock, this one having an ember flaring on one side. This seemed to give him an idea as the vortex calmed down a bit - though it had not completely disappeared. He flung it quickly towards Infernape before the cyclone could grow stronger. The stone caught fire, blazing through the air before coming in contact with Eric's Pokemon.

Elisa winced as she saw him jump in pain, growling indignantly. He stood still, though, but a scowl was plastered on his face. He would get revenge somehow... Just that Gurdurr wait, right?

BATTLE STATS:
    Wild Gurdurr (M, ???)
    Health: 52%
    Currently Using: [none]
    Last Move Used: Rock Throw

Infernape (M, Docile)
    Health: 72.5%
    Last Move Used: Fire Spin

Trainer Statistics:

MCR: 13, 586/25, 000

Pokemon Stats

Infernape (M) -- 72.5%

Scizor (M) -- 71.5%

Ambipom (M) -- 81.5%
    <Currently Out of Ball>
    Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 25th April 2011 at 11:08 PM.
    A Poem I Wrote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Gurdurr's last attack seemed to not only have injured Infernape, but it also seemed to annoy it as well. At the same time though Gurdurr was finally starting to look weakened, and was showing some signs of fatigue. Infernape's attacks, as well as the effect from Fire Spin seemed as if they were taking its toll on Gurdurr, who now appeared to be both frustrated and weakened. However this battle was certainly far from over. Neither side showed even the slightest sign of giving up no matter how hurt they may be. Their pride as Fighting-type Pokemon was what was able to keep them focused and battling until the very end. I always respected the pride a Pokemon showed by never giving up no matter how hurt, or outclassed a Pokemon was, but I also wasn't so blind that I wouldn't know when to call one of my Pokemon away so it wouldn't be hurt too much, I knew thought that I didn't need to worry about this with Infernape I had complete confidence in its skills.

"Hey Infernape, you're doing a fantastic job out there, I knew you were the right Pokemon for this battle," I shouted to my Pokemon to keep it motivated in this battle, because whether Infernape knew it or not I was proud of it for never backing down, and always giving a battle its all. I also told Infernape it was doing good right now because I was hoping that it would cool down a bit. I didn't want Infernape to get too headstrong due to Gurdurr's last attack, and then just attack wildly like I feared it might. At the same time though I didn't want Infernape to forget its involved in a very intense battle so I thought it would be best to remind Infernape. "Don't worry Infernape, you'll get that Gurdurr back for what it did to you last turn," I told Infernape who seemed to understand me since it now seemed happier than it was a few moments ago.

I wonder what should be used next, I started to think to myself yet again. At this point since Gurdurr is slowly losing health due to Fire Spin a very powerful attack could easily knock it out, if that happened I wouldn't be able to capture it. Ah I'm sure I'll think of something.

When running down Infernape's movepool in my head I instantly ruled out Acrobatics because at this point it would do too much damage to Gurdurr. Moves that would increase Infernape's strength, such as Swords Dance, and Nasty Plot would also be bad to use currently seeing as how they would make every move Infernape used after that much more powerful. Moves such as Thunderpunch and Earthquake were powerful indeed, but they weren't the best moves to use against Gurdurr since it isn't weak against either, and since Infernape also wouldn't boost the power of the moves slightly from its STAB. Infernape knows some useful and powerful Fighting-type moves, but at this point I figured it would be best to stick with Fire-type moves, and then end the battle with a Fighting-type move. Besides, Infernape's best Fighting attack is Close Combat, and once it is used both of Infernape's defenses would drop. The only question I had left was which Fire move should I use? Gurdurr has already had both Flamethrower, and Fire Spin used against it so there is a good chance it remembered those two attacks, and was more then able to counter, or avoid them. Flare Blitz was an incredibly powerful move, but it also took its toll on the user dealing them recoil damage after the attack. To me it seemed like Flare Blitz should only be used as a last resort type of move so that was also out in this case. That left me with Ember, and Flame Wheel, after realizing that I knew what move I would have Infernape use next.

"Okay Infernape, use Flame Wheel now!" I yelled to Infernape, who appeared to be more than willing to use the move.

I always thought Flame Wheel looked kind of cool. The Pokemon using it would start by releasing a flame from its mouth, similar to Flamethrower, however rather than firing it at the opponent the Pokemon would use this blast on itself, which would engulf its body, and its surrounding area in a flame, which appeared to be similar to wheel. The user would then go on to then roll around as if it were a wheel, and hits anything in its path. This was certainly a close range type of attack which was one of Infernape's favorite type of attacks to use for sure.

Infernape got into position, and released the flames for the attack which surrounded it creating the Flame Wheel itself, before it set its eyes on Gurdurr, and went to make its way over there with the wheel as its weapon.
    Last edited by Ebail; 26th April 2011 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BP#4

Eric, after seeing and sensing Infernape was very much annoyed and angered by Gurdurr's last attack, shouted some words of praise and encouragement. This seemed to work in calming down the creature, though not fully. He took a deep breath, awaiting the trainer's next orders.

Again, he thought for quite a while on what his next move would be. Elisa was quite certain he was ruling out the moves that would most likely be too strong for Gurdurr to handle, such as Acrobatics, as well as attacks that Infernape had already used, like Flamethrower and Fire Spin. If, in her opinion, he would use moves that would increase his Pokemon's strength, then the next attack could very well knock-out the wild entity. Fighting-typed moves, on the other hand, were worth considering using them, as they wouldn't deal too much damage yet get STAB bonuses from Infernape's typing. As for Fire-typed attacks, the female ranger decided it would probably be best if Eric used Flame Wheel, or multiple Ember attacks.

"Okay Infernape, use Flame Wheel now!" the teen yelled, and Infernape growled in approval. It seemed he was more than willing to use this move.

The Fire twister that was enveloping Gurdurr, meanwhile, had disappeared. It had been shrinking as Eric was in deep thought, and the Fighting-type guessed the attack was over - he was wrong, though. Little did he know, there were still some little flames of embers on the ground that were circling his feet and legs... Later, they would grow into a cyclone once more.

Infernape inhaled deeply, it wasn't the warmest of airs, though. Fiery power surged through his body, coming from his stomach and lungs. The Fire energy leaped about energetically, burning in his mouth until he blew them all out in one stream, with one big gust of air.

The ranger had always thought how the flares could be controlled so amazingly that it would envelope the user Pokemon, like what was happening to Eric's monkey, creating a flaming wheel that would serve as the weapon itself. The blazes would, somehow, curl themselves and the creature into a spinning circle or sorts. Infernape began to quickly roll on the cave's ground, leaving trails of fire and burnt dirt in his wake. A clear, black narrow path of soot penetrated into the cavern's rocky floor, as if a vehicle had passed by.

The Gurdurr's arm began to glow brightly white as his hand curled into one big fist - it looked a lot like a hammer, actually. Infernape put on a small burst of speed, and the next instant, had collided with the opponent. Unfortunately, he had taken damage as well. The Muscular Pokemon had been able to gether the needed power to execute Hammer Arm. As Eric's Pokemon collided with him, he instinctively brought his arm down, smashing his fist onto Infernape.

Both Pokemon staggered backwards, clearly hurt from the attacks. In a moment, the little embers grew into a Fire Trap. It surrounded Gurdurr again, with Infernape jumping back to avoid the flames. The twister tightened, dealing damage to the enemy. Gurdurr, however, did not try to escape - instead, he tried his best to endure the pain of the Fire Spin.

When the cyclone disappeared again, he felt much slower... This was proven so when he began to charge towards Infernape. The Fighting-type's hand curled into a fist again, glowing as before. This attack would certainly do a lot of damage if it hit, as well as confuse the poor Fire-Fighitng-type.

BATTLE STATS:
    Wild Gurdurr (M, ???)
    Health: 35.5%
    Currently Using: DynamicPunch
    Last Move Used: Hammer Arm

Infernape (M, Docile)
    Health: 58%
    Last Move Used: Flame Wheel

Trainer Statistics:

MCR: 18, 099/25, 000

Pokemon Stats

Infernape (M) -- 58%

Scizor (M) -- 71.5%

Ambipom (M) -- 81.5%
    <Currently Out of Ball>
    A Poem I Wrote

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast