Thread: Individual RP: DrStubbsberg

Default Re: Individual RP: DrStubbsberg

OOC: @DrStubbsberg
    Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
    Trainer: Bellerophon Dounias
    Area: Meteor Valley
    NBP #11
    /--\

Roph seemed to take in the complete situation before he came to a decision. He rummaged in his bag for a few seconds and came up with a green Park Ball with big yellow ‘S’ branded on the top. Roph tested the weight of the item before he looked up at the frozen Liepard, a competitive gleam in his eye.

Then to my surprise he took off for the tree, tapping the center button on the Super Ball to enlarge it to its capture size. When he was at the base of the tree he grabbed on of the lower branches and swung up into the canopy of tree. I couldn’t see exactly what happened, but I saw a red flash and Super Ball come falling from the tree, wiggling furiously. Roph jumped down a moment later and we watched the Liepard fight to free itself.

After a few seconds the ball dinged and the Pokemon was captured.

“You know you didn’t have to jump into that tree to capture the Pokemon,” I said smiling, “But you still caught the Pokemon so congrats. I’ll give you a moment to gather your Pokemon then we can move on once you;re ready.” I walked over to the tree and retrieved the Liepard, placing it in my pack alongside the Wynaut.

//==\\

Trainer Info

Name: Bellerophon Dounias
    Trainer Items: 2 x Parkballs, 2 x Superballs, 3 x Hyperballs, Soothing Fragrance Super, 3 x Lava Cookie, 3 x Energy Powder Plus, Camera + $4,000
    Area Effects: 7 Encounters Remaining | Raining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? | ??? Gastly ??? | Deoxys | Latios | ??? Murkrow ??? | ??? Clefa ??? | M Liepard ???
    Pokemon Captured: F Wynaut Bold | M Liepard Careful |
    CC since last encounter: 0 | 0,000

Pokemon Stats:
    Hardy Male Castform @ Forecast w/ EMs: Hidden Power (Fire Type), Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Solarbeam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Return, Energy Ball, Substitute, Flash | 74.39%

Docile Genderless Metagross @ Clear Body w/ EMs: Flash, Iron Head | 39.01%
    Last edited by AmericanTreeFrog; 21st February 2012 at 11:02 PM.
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Licensed Scientician DrStubbsberg's Avatar

((OOC: I think you made a mistake on the stats above, Zuse should be on 30-something % health; it’s not a problem though as I’m remedying it below))

I let Gaius retrieve my newly captured Pokémon whilst I approached Caliban, satisfied with the hard-fought capture. “You did a great job pal, couldn’t have done it without you,” I said, gently rubbing his head in a friendly manner. He initially stiffened at the intimate contact and seemed to be on the verge of responding warmly when he pulled away, blowing a few weak embers in my direction as a warning; the small tongues of fire flickered briefly in the air between us before fizzling out in the heavy rain, leaving a small cloud of steam and smoke.

“Ok Caliban, I can appreciate that you’re still not ready for that yet, but my friendship is always on offer for you. How about you take a rest for a bit,” I offered, pulling out his Pokéball; he gratefully accepted. Sometimes my efforts to reach Caliban seemed to be ‘two steps forward, one step back,’ but I felt like I’d made some real progress with him this time; but it almost hurt to feel how much he’d needed the physical contact but still refused to accept it.

I recalled Caliban to his Pokéball and withdrew Zuse’s ball from my bag, bringing him out so I could heal him of his earlier wounds. “You did fine work too Zuse,” I told him as I searched for some restoratives; I knew that he understood and accepted his limitations regarding the battle with Liepard, but it never hurt to give a little positive encouragement. “Here you go, this’ll get you back up to speed in no time,” I declared, taking a dose of Energy Powder Plus from my bag.

I was yet to find a single Pokémon that liked the taste of this functional medicine, even though I had serious doubts about Zuse even having a sense of taste, so I tended to mix the powder in with an MRE to soften the blow. I tore the top off the sachet containing the military rations, poured in some hot water from my thermos and added the dose of medicine, presenting the instant meal to my Pokémon. Zuse used a small display of Psychic aptitude to telekinetically lift the meal from the pack as a single, watery mass and float it into his mouth, downing the meal in one with a grimace of distaste.

“We’re ready to move on when you are Gaius,” I said, returning Zuse to his Pokéball.

@AmericanTreeFrog ((using Energy Powder Plus))
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

NBP #12
    /--\

Roph walked over to his Castform and gave the Pokemon a rub on its head. “You did a great job pal, couldn’t have done it without you.” The Pokemon stiffened at the contact at drifted away from his trainer, blowing an Ember attack at Roph, but the flame was quickly doused by the pouring rain.

“Ok Caliban, I can appreciate that you’re still not ready for that yet, but my friendship is always on offer for you. How about you take a rest for a bit.” Roph pulled out a Pokeball and recalled the Pokemon. When Caliban was safely inside the Pokeball Roph took out another and called forth his Metagross. He spoke to the Steel type and fed it some Energy Powder to heal it.

“We’re ready to move on when you are Gaius,” Roph commented to me, recalling his Pokemon.

“Alright, let’s continue along this path for awhile.” I immediately began to walk down the dirt path, hoping to find a good Pokemon for Roph.

We hadn’t walked very far when I spotted a bug-like Pokemon against a tree. I almost missed it because it blended with the bark pretty well.

“It’s a Shedninja. Want to catch it or move along?”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 2 x Parkballs, 2 x Superballs, 3 x Hyperballs, Soothing Fragrance Super, 3 x Lava Cookie, 2 x Energy Powder Plus, Camera + $4,000
    Area Effects: 6 Encounters Remaining | Raining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? | ??? Gastly ??? | Deoxys | Latios | ??? Murkrow ??? | ??? Clefa ??? | M Liepard ??? | ??? Shedninja ??? |

Pokemon Stats:
    Hardy Male Castform @ Forecast w/ EMs: Hidden Power (Fire Type), Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Solarbeam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Return, Energy Ball, Substitute, Flash | 74.39%

Docile Genderless Metagross @ Clear Body w/ EMs: Flash, Iron Head | 89.01%

Shedinja was a fairly interesting Pokemon, but defensively it was weak without its Wonder Guard. As Fire-type Pokémon were prevalent in war time, along with the increase in usage of Ghost-types, that left it far too vulnerable on the battlefield; I was sure it would have a much happier life continuing to live here in the National Park.

"I think I'll pass on this one, Ranger," I said, “assuming he’s willing to let us go without a fight.” On one level it irritated me to leave it without a battle, according to my watch I was probably about half-way into the time I’d paid for and even though I’d caught two Pokémon already I still hadn’t seen any sign of the one I was really looking for.

@AmericanTreeFrog

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

NBP #14
    /--\

Roph looked at the Pokemon only briefly before making up his mind. “I think I’ll pass on this one, Ranger.”

This was entirely understandable because not only was Shedninja not that good stat wise, but its health was a point of concern. It literally had the lowest health of any Pokemon. It’s abilith negated some of the because only super-effective attacks could KO it, but most Pokemon knew such a wide array that it was practically useless.

“Yeah, I understand. Keep heart though, we should find a least one good Pokemon eventually. But for now, let’s see of this Shedninja wants to leave us alone.”

I steered Roph away from the floating bug, but it continued to trail us sedately. After a few minutes of the Pokemon behind us I knew that it was bothering any other potential game. I sighed in exasperation and turned to my charge. “You’re going to have to deal with the Pokemon, it’s chasing away any other Pokemon. You can either battle it or try to flee again.”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 2 x Parkballs, 2 x Superballs, 3 x Hyperballs, Soothing Fragrance Super, 3 x Lava Cookie, 2 x Energy Powder Plus, Camera + $4,000
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? | ??? Gastly ??? | Deoxys | Latios | ??? Murkrow ??? | ??? Clefa ??? | M Liepard ??? | ??? Shedninja ??? |
    CC since last encounter: 691 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

"Persistent little guy isn't he," I commented, "shouldn't take more than a few seconds to chase him off though." I pulled Zuse’s Pokéball from my bag and released him onto the battlefield; I had no need to resort to his power level, but Caliban could probably do with a rest after his hard-fought victory against Liepard.

Zuse had obviously been paying attention to what was happening from within his Pokéball, because I had barely started ordering him to use Pursuit when a dark aura surrounded him. Zuse tucked his legs against his body and then used rocketed through the air towards Shedinja, floating on telekinetic power.

@AmericanTreeFrog

I own the Dewford Gym

BP #1
    /--\

“Persistent little guy,” Roph said, more to him than to me. “Shouldn’t take more than a few seconds to chase him off though.” He reached to his belt and pulled off a Pokeball; I rocognized it as the one containing his Metagross called Zuse.

Seeing as how he had only brought two Pokemon along it would have been an easy guess if I hadn’t recognized the capture device. Shedninja could only be KO’ed by using a move that was super-effective, and Zuse had more than enough moves to do just that.

As if some unspoken command had passed between trainer and Pokemon, Zuse curled his blockly limbs underneath his steel body and rushed towards the Ghost and Bug Pokemon, his body growing darker with each passing second. I knew the move to be a Pursuit attack, an attack with a low base power, but with Shedninja’s low health it didn’t matter so long as the attack was a supereffective one.

The Shedninja stared at the oncoming Zuse and tried to dodge the Dark type attack, but Metagross was too fast for the slower Pokemon and hit the Pokemon at full power. Shedninja collasped against the ground with a feeble beat of his small wings and lay still.

“Poor little Pokemon, Shedninja aren’t much in the way of battling Pokemon. Let’s move away from here.”

I led Roph away from the scene, casting one last look at the rousing Shedninja. We hadn’t gone very far when we came across a fork in the road. I knew one led to caves and the other led to the small body of water at the back of the valley.

“Well, which way do you want to go?”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Pokemon Stats:

I took a brief look down the two paths I had to choose from; based on the terrain it looked like the left would lead to a body of water whilst the right was headed towards rocky ground. According to the National Park guide on my Pokégear there weren't any Pokémon I was interested in inhabiting the Meteor Valley's wet regions, so it was a fairly easy decision.

“We’ll take the one on the right,” I decided confidently.

I own the Dewford Gym

OOC: @DrStubbsberg - Remember to keep your posts above 500 characters.
    NBP #14
    /--\

Roph studied the two paths intensly before making his choice. “We’ll take the one on the right.” The one on the right led to the more rocky regions, and if that’s where he wanted to go then that was where I would take him.

While this terrain was tougher to manuvuer than the rest of the valley, we made good time and quickly ascended its flanks in a short period of time. We were almost to the cave complexs when I heard a soft wailing sound. I located the origin and found that it was a small Shuppet hidiing in the shadows beneath some large rocks.

“A little Shuppet, interested?”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 5 Encounters Remaining | Raining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut Bold | ??? Gastly ??? | Deoxys | Latios | ??? Murkrow ??? | ??? Clefa ??? | M Liepard Careful | ??? Shedninja ??? | ??? Shuppet ???
    CC since last encounter: 418 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234