Thread: Individual RP: DrStubbsberg

Default Re: Individual RP: DrStubbsberg

OOC: @DrStubbsberg
    Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
    Trainer: Bellerophon Dounias
    Area: Meteor Valley
    BP #1
    /--\

“Sure, I’ll have a crack at capturing her,” the soldier said, tossing the Pokeball containing his second Pokemon forward. The large Steel Pokemon appeared and cooly looked around, its sharp claws tearing into the earth without any appearant effort. “Ok, Zuse, go in with Meteor Mash and follow up with Hyper Beam, just like in Helmand,” he commanded his Pokemon.

Metagross heard the commands and burst into action. The metallic gray Pokemon leaped into the air, using his Psychic abilities to aid him. Around his left arm appeared small specks of yellow energy that quickly collesced into a bright yellow-orange ball of energy. Just when Metagross reached the halfway mark he fired the built up energy in the form of a long beam.

Before this Wynaut had been doing nothing, but now its blue body took on a more light glow as it started to channel its energies into whatever attack it had chosen to use.

When the attack from Metagross struck Wynaut head on, as the smaller Pokemon made no move to dodge. But when the smoke from the attack cleared Wynaut was still standing there breathing heavily. However, the glow emminating from its body was higher in intensity than it was before.

She smiled at Metagross. “Wynaut!” she cried as a bright beam of energy shot from her body at the immobile Metagross.

“She is really tired, you might consider catching her now,” I said to Roph.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Metagross 68.13%[Used Meteor Mash | Hyperbeam][Charging]
    VS
    Wynaut 12.94%[Used Mirror Coat]

Trainer Info

Name: Bellerophon Dounias
    Trainer Items: 3 x Parkballs, 3 x Superballs, 3 x Hyperballs, 2 x Soothing Fragrance Super, 3 x Lava Cookie, 3 x Energy Powder Plus, Camera
    Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? |
    Pokemon Captured: None
    CC since last encounter: 3,043 | 4,000

/==\

Pokemon Stats:
    Hardy Male Castform @ Forecast w/ EMs: Hidden Power (Fire Type), Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Solarbeam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Return, Energy Ball, Substitute, Flash | 88.95%

Docile Genderless Metagross @ Clear Body w/ EMs: Flash, Iron Head | 100%
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Licensed Scientician DrStubbsberg's Avatar

As the smoke cleared I realised that the attack hadn't quite worked out the way I'd intended. Whether Zuse has missed his timing, Wynaut had predicted the manoeuvre or she’d intended to weather the Meteor Mash before reflecting the Hyper Beam the simple fact of the matter was that Zuse hadn’t managed to trick her into using the wrong countering move. Ordinarily the fact that he was now injured and recovering from the after-effects of his Hyper Beam would be a serious problem, but Wynaut was incapable of pressing the advantage, even without taking her injured state into account.

> “She is really tired, you might consider catching her now,” I said to Roph.

I didn’t need telling twice, I wasn’t about to give her the opportunity to slip away; although I’d prefer to slap some sort of Status Affliction on her, but there was no chance of that now. I reached into my bag and rummaged around until my hand grasped the familiar round shape of a Pokéball, the embossed ‘NP’ indicating that it was one of the National Park’s approved capture balls. Giving it a quick visual check to ensure it was the correct ball for a Basic Pokémon, I took careful aim and chucked the ball at Wynaut.

((OOC: Throwing a Parkball at Wynaut))

@AmericanTreeFrog
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

BP #2
    /--\

Appearantely Roph agreed with me because he start to rummage though his bag until he came up with a Pokeball. He depressed its button to increase it to normal size then chucked it at the Wynaut. The Psychic Pokemon looked up the item as it came towards it but made no move to dodge because it was tired. The Pokemon diappeared with a flash and the Parkball began to wiggle frantically as the Pokemon tried to escape.

With a ding it stopped moving and lay still. “Congrats,” I said, walking up and taking control of the Pokeball. If you’re ready let’s continue with your run.”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 2 x Parkballs, 3 x Superballs, 3 x Hyperballs, 2 x Soothing Fragrance Super, 3 x Lava Cookie, 3 x Energy Powder Plus, Camera
    Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? |
    Pokemon Captured: [F] Wynaut [Bold]
    CC since last encounter: 0 | 0

Pokemon Stats:
    Hardy Male Castform @ Forecast w/ EMs: Hidden Power (Fire Type), Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Solarbeam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Return, Energy Ball, Substitute, Flash | 88.95%

Docile Genderless Metagross @ Clear Body w/ EMs: Flash, Iron Head | 68.13%

I punched my fist into the air as the Pokeball finished rocking, sealing Wynaut inside, happy to have captured her; although I was somewhat irritated that I couldn't immediately add her to my active party, but such were the rules of the Park. Then again she'd be unlikely to acheive anything in her weary state without putting herself at risk, and my supply of healing items was limited.

> "If you’re ready let’s continue with your run.”

"I'm ready to continue when you are Ranger," I responded, as I walked across to where Zuse stood awaiting further instructions. "Great job old buddy," I said, patting him on the head and pulling out his Pokeball. Zuse snapped off a crisp salute, softened by the subtle smile that dominated his face, before I returned him to the ball for a rest.

"So which way are we headed next?"

@AmericanTreeFrog

Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

I own the Dewford Gym

NBP #5
    /--\

“I’m ready to continue when you are, ranger, Roph responded. He walked over to his Pokemon and patted it and gave the Pokemon some words of encouragement. “Great job old buddy. So which way are we headed next?”

“We’ll continue long the valley floor for a bit,” I replied. With that I set off through the grass once more, anxious to find my trainer some good Pokemon for his team. We didn’t have to travel far when I spotted a suspicious cloud of purple and black gas. “Ah, it’s a rare Gastly, they evolve into the powerful Gengar. You want one?”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 2 x Parkballs, 3 x Superballs, 3 x Hyperballs, 2 x Soothing Fragrance Super, 3 x Lava Cookie, 3 x Energy Powder Plus, Camera
    Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? | ??? Gastly ???
    CC since last encounter: 815 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

I carefully considered the advantages of adding a Gengar to my team, but decided against it; they had a reputation for being a bit unruly and I couldn't risk that in a warzone. I was about to suggest we skirt around it when I recalled our earlier encounter with Cofagrigus and how tenacious it had been in pursuing us, it was better not to take the risk.

"I think I'll pass on this one," I said, releasing Zuse from his Pokeball again, "Zuse, use Psychic to scare it off; try not to hurt it too much."

Zuse quickly bobbed the front of it body up and down in a gesture I recognised as nodding and then stared hard at the Gastly. Psychic energy begun rapidly building up within Zuse causing his eyes to grow a bright blue and begin to lose their focus, the pupils drifting upwards as he tried to get a telekinetic hold on Gastly’s gaseous form.

@AmericanTreeFrog

I own the Dewford Gym

NBP #6
    /--\

Roph seemed to think over catching the Pokemon before finally making up his mind. “I think I’ll pass on this one,” he said, pulling out another Pokeball. “Zuse, use Psychic to scare it off; try to hurt it too much,” he ordered the Psychic Pokemon when it appeared.

Metagross seized hold the Gastly using its Psychic powers and tossed the Pokemon away from us. We waited a moment to see if the Pokemon would come back to challege Metagross but it never did so I figured it would leave us alone.

“Let’s leave this area, it might come back with a Gengar or something,” I said. It couldn’t hurt to be cautious.

But as I moved to led Roph elsewhere a shadow passed overhead. When I looked up it was a Deoxys flying above.

“Ah, a Deoxys. You want to take a picture of it?”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? | ??? Gastly ??? | Deoxys
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 0,000

Pokemon Stats:

I couldn't believe the luck of encountering a Legendary Pokemon, combined with the good fortune of actually having a camera with me to document the event. I briefly considered asking Zuse to throw an attack in Deoxys' direction to provoke a response for an action shot, but quickly disabused myself of the notion. Zuse, familiar with the way I think after our long years together, gave a subtle shake of his head to indicate that he disagreed with my idea, so I simply pulled the camera out of my bag and snapped a few long-distance shots of the Legend.

"Good eye Ranger, guess its not every day something like that shows up, eh?"

@AmericanTreeFrog

I own the Dewford Gym

NBP #7
    /--\

“Good eye, ranger,” Roph said to me, glancing up and admiring the view of the Deoxys. He pulled out a digital camera and started to snap some picture, he did so until the legendary Pokemon had flew away. “Guess it’s not every day something like that shows up, eh?”

“Somedays, it’s the second legend I’ve seen in this area since I started rangering.”

I continued to lead Roph along the valley floor, hoping to find some more Pokemon as I knew some liked to look around here for food. About ten minutes after we had seen the Deoxys I heard the faint sound of snoring along a rocky ledge. I indicated for the trainer to follow me and crept towards the sound.

“Wow, another legend,” I whispered, studying its blue and white plummage. “You might want to take a picture of this Latios also.”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 2 x Parkballs, 3 x Superballs, 3 x Hyperballs, 2 x Soothing Fragrance Super, 3 x Lava Cookie, 3 x Energy Powder Plus, Camera + $2,000
    Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? | ??? Gastly ??? | Deoxys | Latios |
    CC since last encounter: 0,784 | 0,000

Pokemon Stats:

Amazing, this Ranger seemed to have only encoutered a few Legendary Pokemon in his time at the Park, and here was my second within ten minutes. I dropped to my belly and cautiously slid myself as close as I dared before letting rip with my camera once again. I managed to score a couple of good close-up shots before my hand slipped and activated the flash; I quickly begun shuffling back as fast as I could before Latios could react to the flash, hoping that its gentle reputation was well deserved.

@AmericanTreeFrog

I own the Dewford Gym

NBP #8
    /--\

Roph dropped to his belly and began to snap pictures of the sleeping Latios. The Pokemon woke up a moment later and flew off immediately when it realized what we were doing.

“You must be lucky to see two legends on one run,” I said Roph. “You can have the money for the pictures once we get back to the gate. But for now let’s continue along this ledge.”

The ledge was only wide enough for two people so I had us proceed single file in case a wild Pokemon showed up. A few minutes later I spotted a Murkrow sitting on a branch of a dead tree. The Pokemon was sitting stoically watching the valley below for movement.

“Well, you want a Murkrow?”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 2 x Parkballs, 3 x Superballs, 3 x Hyperballs, 2 x Soothing Fragrance Super, 3 x Lava Cookie, 3 x Energy Powder Plus, Camera + $4,000
    Area Effects: 9 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? | ??? Gastly ??? | Deoxys | Latios | ??? Murkrow ??? |
    CC since last encounter: 1,284 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

I had a look at the Pokemon before me and carefully considered my options. We were quite high up on a narrow ledge, but both my Pokemon were capable of limited flight, so their mobility wasn't restricted; but if attack came the way of me or Gaius then we didn't have a lot of room to maneouvre. In terms of strict combat capabilities, Zuse was fairly evenly matched Type-wise, the disparity of Psychic->Dark weighing up against the resistance of Steel, and simply in terms of raw power he had the upper hand. However there was still the risk that he could sustain more damage in the conflict, especially as Flying-Types were notorious for travelling in flocks that could gang up to cause a serious head-ache. Given that there were still a couple of Pokemon further into Meteor Valley that I had my eye on, I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle.

"We'll try and go by unnoticed for now, I'd rather not deal with a potential flock up here."

@AmericanTreeFrog ((OOC: Flee attempt))

I own the Dewford Gym

NBP #9
    /--\

Roph’s eyes darted around the landscape as if he was studying before a battle. “We’ll try and go by unoticed for now,” he spoke after a few moments. “I’d rather not deal with a potential flock up there.”

I was surprised by this because Murkrow and its evolved form of Honchkrow were in high demand. But if the man didn’t want them he obviously had a reason for doing so, even if I didn’t know it.

“No problem, it’s still no looking our way so we can just skirt around it.” We moved slowly and quietly and the Murkrow payed us no heed. It just sat there scanning the valley below.

After we cleared the ledge the path continued to spiral up the valley flanks, leading to a mountain peak. I was going to take Roph up there, some of the rare Pokemon tended to frequent the place when they got bored.

Not two minutes after running into the Murkrow a small pink Pokemon came bouncing around chatting to itself. The Pokemon beamed up at a showed a dazzling smile. “Cleffa,” the Pokemon announced.

“Cute,” I said.

//==\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 2 x Parkballs, 3 x Superballs, 3 x Hyperballs, 2 x Soothing Fragrance Super, 3 x Lava Cookie, 3 x Energy Powder Plus, Camera + $4,000
    Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? | ??? Gastly ??? | Deoxys | Latios | ??? Murkrow ??? | ??? Clefa ???
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 4,000

Pokemon Stats:

"And possibly just the thing I need," I declared, taking Caliban's Pokeball out and releasing him. "Caliban, I want you to meet this Cleffa," I said, patting the cute little pink blob gently on the head, "it is a bundle of pure innocence and a brilliant example of the carefree life that you should have had the opportunity to live."

Caliban turned towards the Cleffa with a look of disgust, saying something in PokeSpeak to it that I presumed was either rude or shocking based on Cleffa's expression. My first instinct was to step in and admonish him for taking that attitude, but I held back in the hope that something in the way Cleffa dealt to him would would get though to his stony heart. I had tried pretty much everything in my power to try and reach him, but all the Pokemon I owned had also seen too much of the dark side of existence and lacked a certain quality that this Cleffa may well possess.

@AmericanTreeFrog ((I'm happy to have some none-battle interaction between Caliban and Cleffa for a while if that's all right with you))

I own the Dewford Gym

NBP #10
    /--\

“And possibly just the thing I need,” Roph said to me, grabbing the Pokeball that contained his rare Castform. “Caliban I want you to meet this Cleffa,” he said to the Pokemon when it appeared. He patted the Cleffa on the head and continued to address his surly Pokemon. “It’s a bundle of pure innocence and a brilliant example of the carefree life that you should have had the opportunity to live.

Caliban turned to Cleffa and spoke a slew of words and the wild Pokemon. The Cleffa stared at Castform and waited for him to finish speaking. When he was was finished, she smiled at him and started to talk right back in an excited manner. Castform looked at her once more before turning away and ignoring the Normal Pokemon. But Cleffa just continued to talk away, intent on getting through to him.

I was hoping it would the other Pokemon some good, as it seemed to be carrying a lot of dark baggage around with it. “Why don’t you stick around with us for a bit?” I said to the Cleffa.

Cleffa bounced excitedly and started to talk faster at Castform. I patted the baby Pokemon on the head and continued forward, I wanted to finish this run by nightfall. I picked up the pace and in a short amount of time we had hiked halfway up the ledge and we were almost to the plateau right below the peak. We were stopped short, though, when a long sinewy, purple cat jumped down from a tree and hissed at us.

“Huh, a Liepard. And one that doesn’t look to happy. You’re going to have to battle it or give it a doll.”

//==\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 7 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cofagrigus ??? | [F] Wynaut ??? | ??? Gastly ??? | Deoxys | Latios | ??? Murkrow ??? | ??? Clefa ??? | ??? Liepard ???
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast