Individual RP: Captain Dude - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Individual RP: Captain Dude

Default Re: Individual RP: Captain Dude

BP#7 (Vs. Porygon2 Post 4)

The spurt of mud hit Porygon2 straight on, and though it was knocked around a bit, it didn't seem to take any real damage. It did, however, get covered in the goopy mud, and it seemed to be rather irritated at the ordeal; Porygon2's visual sensors narrowed as if it were any other Pokémon getting frustrated. It was nearly impossible for humans to program emotions like this, so Porygon2 probably made itself grow once it had access to the plant. I couldn't tell, however, if the addition of emotions actually helped Porygon2, or if it would eventually let them get the best of it.

Porygon2 fired a bright beam of light almost instantly. It didn't hit hard, but it hit fast thanks to Porygon2 being able to quickly analyze the situation, aim, and fire. Swampert seemed dazed from the flash, but it was far better than the worst case scenario; Signal Beam was perfectly capable of confusing the target instead. The daze affected maybe the next attack, if that, as Pokémon were used to taking hits such as these.

Electricity pulsed throughout the battlefield, running over both combatants. Porygon2 shook it off, while Swampert only seemed to notice from the flash of light on its body. Porygon2 was definitely affected by it more, but I had to wonder whether the battle would be close enough for the electricity to actually matter.
    ----

Area Effects: Room damaged, spewing electricity
    Battle Stats:
    Swampert/M/Torrent:85% ATK+ DEF+ SPD-
    Porygon2/GL/???: 81% SPD++ GRASS-TYPE, Used Signal Beam

Characters:28228/35000

Trainer Stats:
    Trainer: Ed Fitch
    Items: Parkball x5, Superball x3, Hyperball x2, Pokeplayer, Porygon Voice Disk, Energy Powder x4, Energy Powder Plus, Rotom Voice Disk (1 uses)
    Area: Power Plant
    Encounters: 11
    Captures:Klink/GL/Bold

Trainer's Pokemon

"Diddy" Hardy Male Infernape @ 82% (Iron Fist)
    EMs: TM Grass Knot, TM Earthquake, TM Substitute, TM Focus Punch, TM Stealth Rock, TM Stone Edge, TM Brick Break, TM Shadow Claw, TM Swords Dance, TM Fire Blast, TM Will-O-Wisp, TM Protect, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Fake Out, Counter, Encore

"Skip" Hardy Male Swampert @ 100% (Torrent)
    EMs: TM Ice Beam, TM Stone Edge, TM Stealth Rock, TM Toxic, TM Roar, TM Return, HM Waterfall, HM Surf, Counter, Curse, Yawn, Mirror Coat, Refresh

"Kushy" Hardy Male Sceptile @ 100% (Overgrow)
    EMs: TM Substitute, TM Drain Punch, TM Earthquake, TM Return, TM Focus Blast, TM Dragon Pulse, TM Acrobatics, TM Swords Dance, Leech Seed, Grass Whistle, Thunder Punch, Counter

Skip rared his head back and puffed his chest out, before jerking his head forward and firing tons of pellets of mud, as if they were bombs of mud. The brown bombs flew through the air and hit the wild Normal-type turned Grass-type head on, covering the foresty looking Pokemon in mud, but not causing much damage to it thanks to the ground resistance.

To my surprise, the Porygon2 seemed to be reacting to the mud covering it's "eyes", it began to shake it's head violently to get the goop off of it and clear up it's vision. Was this computer program becoming... angry? How fascinating, every second I spent battling this creature made me admire it more and more. How could a computer program display emotions such as anger and frustration? Better yet, would it be able to control these emotions and use them to it's advantage, or would they get the better of him and effect his decision making. Although I want to defeat and capture this Pokemon, it is still going to be a vital member of the Vermilitary, and I was hoping it would find a way to control these emotions it was showing and use them to make itself stronger.

My thought was immediately broken when I saw a bright flash of white light come from Porygon2. The flash was followed by a bright and rainbow color beam of energy that appeared and disappeared as quick as the original flash had. I recognized the attack as Signal Beam; a move I was fairly familiar with since most Electric-types were able to learn it. Signal Beam had a small chance, about ten percent, of putting it's target into a state of confusion. Hopefully that wouldn't happen to Skip.

Just as the attack finished, a jolt of electricity shot from the dangling wires and conducted with the puddles of water left behind from the previous Muddy Water attack, sending a jolt of electricity across the room. Porygon2 took a bit of damage, but mostly shrugged it off, while Skip didn't even flinch, being a Ground-type and immune to electric.

I couldn't help but be impressed by the attack. It was so swift and accurate, despite the mud in Porygon2's face and the state of mind that the Porygon evolution was in. It managed to catch Skip and I off guard, even though we were looking right at the Porygon2. Maybe this guy was capable of controlling it's emotions after all. Boy, I couldn't wait to capture this thing and get on the battle field with it.

As I was about to order an attack to Skip, I saw him looking a tad dazed. Had Signal Beam's side effect actually worked? It was possible, with how precise the attack was. Skip turned around and looked at me, a slight look of confusion in his eyes, but he still seemed to be with it and focused.

"Skip!" I yelled out, just to make sure he was fully aware.

He fixed his eyes on mine and the look of confusion had seemed to wear off a little bit.

But still, there was a chance of Skip hurting himself in his confusion. Should I use Refresh to get rid of the confusion? That seemed a little extreme, and I should save it for later, in case Porygon2 inflicted a more serious status condition on the Swampert. This battle was tight, and it seemed that every second that passed by, Porygon2 got more and more of an advantage. Now was the time to make a big move, and turn this battle around. I would have to use the only super-effective attack I had on the now-Grass-type, Ice Beam.

"Skip!" I yelled again, to get him out of his confusion even more. "Focus! Use Ice Beam!" Skip shook his head back and forth a couple times to regain his composure. He steadied himself and began to tense his muscles, opening his huge gaping mouth. A small ball of blue, icy energy began to form in his mouth. It wasn't even fully charged, and I could feel the coldness from the attack already. The ball of energy grew and made the room colder and colder, until the murky water left closest to Skip had begun to freeze. A sudden look of ferociousness appeared in Skip's eyes as he let out a roar and launched the jagged beam of ice cold energy directly at the wild Normal-type. As the attack traveled through the air, it froze the murky water on the ground underneath it from the sheer coldness of it. If this was a direct hit, I didn't see how it wouldn't manage to freeze Porygon2. I held my breath, and hoped for the best.

BP#8 (Vs. Porygon2 Post 5)

Swampert's roar was deafening, though it didn't intimidate Porygon2 at all. Skip's opponent shot a quick Tri-Attack while Ice Beam launched from Skip's mouth; the two (well, four) beams collided in mid-air to make a massive explosion. Porygon2's programming allowed it to quickly analyze and react to battle conditions, and it had decided to intercept the attack.

Unfortunately for Porygon2, it wasn't prepared for the explosion. Swampert was hit, but it was able to shrug off most of the damage; Porygon2 was not as lucky. As the explosion settled, I could see bits of ice from both attacks strewn across the room. Any electronics that weren't cut short by Muddy Water were certainly done for now. For Porygon2, this was the least of its worries, as its body was now sitting on the floor frozen. Its head remained unfrozen, so it wasn't completely defenseless, but as it stared at its own body in surprise (another… rather confusing action on its part), Ed was almost certain to have a free attack against it.
    ----

Area Effects: Room damaged
    Battle Stats:
    Swampert/M/Torrent:79% ATK+ DEF+ SPD-
    Porygon2/GL/???: 54% SPD++ GRASS-TYPE, Used Tri Attack, Partial FRZ

Characters:32516/35000

Trainer Stats:
    Items: Parkball x5, Superball x3, Hyperball x2, Pokeplayer, Porygon Voice Disk, Energy Powder x4, Energy Powder Plus, Rotom Voice Disk (1 uses)

Trainer's Pokemon

EMs: TM Grass Knot, TM Earthquake, TM Substitute, TM Focus Punch, TM Stealth Rock, TM Stone Edge, TM Brick Break, TM Shadow Claw, TM Swords Dance, TM Fire Blast, TM Will-O-Wisp, TM Protect, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Fake Out, Counter, Encore

EMs: TM Ice Beam, TM Stone Edge, TM Stealth Rock, TM Toxic, TM Roar, TM Return, HM Waterfall, HM Surf, Counter, Curse, Yawn, Mirror Coat, Refresh

EMs: TM Substitute, TM Drain Punch, TM Earthquake, TM Return, TM Focus Blast, TM Dragon Pulse, TM Acrobatics, TM Swords Dance, Leech Seed, Grass Whistle, Thunder Punch, Counter

I could of sworn that the Ice Beam would be a direct hit, but just as quick as it had launched the Signal Beam attack, the Porygon2 launched a Tri-Attack.

The two attacks collided (much closer to the Normal-type than Skip, thankfully) in mid-air and caused a massive explosion. There were traces of fire and electric left behind from the explosion, but the most prominent was the ice. The explosion caused damage to both Pokemon, Skip was able to just shrug it off, as he was a relatively safe distance away from it. As for Porygon2, the explosion was no more than 10 feet in front of it, and so it not only got the brunt of the explosion, but it caught all the icy energy that was produced from the Ice Beam attack and the ice portion of Tri-Attack. A wave of ice cold air was sent across the room as the fire and electric dissipated. All the wires and computer monitors were frozen; if they had any juice left before, they were completely dead now. When I looked at the wild Pokemon, I was in shock at what I saw.

Porygon2 was completely frozen from the, er, "neck" down. It had a look of confusion on it's face, similar to what Skip had looked like a few moments ago. It whipped it's head back and forth, in shock at the fact that it's body had completely frozen over.

I had to be careful, Porygon2 was still too healthy to catch, despite it's frozen state. I had to preserve the freeze as well as quickly deal damage before it had managed to thaw all on it's own.

The only real attacking options I had were Water, Fighting, Rock, and Normal. Rock and Fighting were both super-effective against ice, and I was worried that they would break the ice. Water was a nice non-contact option, but the water would help thaw out the ice, and I didn't want that to happen.

That left me with Normal. The only attacks I had were Tackle, Take Down, and Return. Since I wanted to deal damage fast, the best option would be Return. Return is a move that grows more powerful the closer the Pokemon is with their trainer. Seeing as Swampert was my third Pokemon after Buzz the Electivire and Star the Staraptor, him and I certainly had a close relationship, and I have no doubt that his Return attack would be at maximum power.

"Alright bud, hit him with Return! But be careful, only aim for his head! Don't hit the ice!"

Skip looked back at me and nodded. When he turned back towards his opponent, he didn't have the same look for ferocity in his eyes, but this time a slight smile. I assume he began to think about all the great times we had together as he began to contract his muscles and charge towards his opponent, his right fist pulled back and giving off a bright white glow.

My only concern was that, for the first time all battle, Skip was left completely exposed to an attack from Porygon2. Then I remembered how whenever I go into cold regions, my Pokedex seems to move much slower and seems delayed. Hopefully, the low temperature of the ice had screwed with Porygon2's internal system and slowed it down so that it wouldn't be able to intercept Skip's attack with an attack of it's own.

BP#9 (Vs. Porygon2 Post 6)

Porygon2 simply couldn't respond in time to Swampert's barrage, though Swampert's attack was significantly less effective as it had to worry about accuracy far beyond what was normally called for in battle; though a Pokémon's head was usually a weak point, Porygon2 lacked the biological functions that made that true in most Pokémon, so except for the visual sensors (which were well protected and covered), Porygon2's head was only as vulnerable as the rest of its body. It still took damage from the blow, but not as much as, say, an Alakazam would in the same situation.

Porygon2 began to glow once the attack was finished, and the ice began to thaw. It seemed to be drawing in the artificial lights in the plant, which had me worried; not many Pokémon had the power to use an artificial SolarBeam. It would take a bit of time, so Swampert had time to get one or two good hits in or maybe even a capture attempt, but if the battle couldn't end or a significant distraction couldn't be made, Swampert would be in a world of hurt.
    ----

Battle Stats:
    Swampert/M/Torrent:79% ATK+ DEF+ SPD-
    Porygon2/GL/???: 29% SPD++ GRASS-TYPE, Thawing, Using SolarBeam

Characters:35611/35000

Trainer Stats:

Trainer's Pokemon

Skip had successfully charged in and clobbered Porygon2 in it's face, without touching the ice. Porygon2 rolled over from the force of the impact and began to charge up a Solar Beam. I noticed that the ice surrounding Porygon2 was beginning to sweat, meaning it would melt away soon. However, Porygon2 also seemed relatively healthy and would deliver a devastating blow to Skip if he was able to get the Solar Beam off. The battle was about to end, and I had to make sure it ended with a successful capture.

I would need to deliver one more blow to Porygon2 before trying to capture. I thought back to my options from earlier, and decided that Hammer Arm would be an excellent choice, especially since the two battlers were so close to each other.

"Skip, use Hammer Arm, aim for the head again!"

Skip pulled his arm straight back, and it began to glow from the elbow down. Unlike with Return, Skip wasn't preparing to punch, it looked like it was ready to clothes line something, or give it the forearm shiver. Skip barely had to take a step forward before carefully swinging his arm around, like a round house punch, with all of his might, letting out that oh so familiar battle roar. It was incredible to see Skip putting so much power behind the attack, yet still tediously aiming for just his opponent's head.

Without even waiting to see the result, I took out my Super Ball and carefully began to aim at the Porygon2. I would wait until right after the attack made contact to throw the ball, in case the force of the attack shifted the Porygon2's position.

NBP #5

Porygon2 continued glowing, but Skip had none of it, smacking its whole arm across the program's face. Though the accuracy required for the hit to not break the ice severely weakened the blow, it still put Skip off-balance enough to lower its speed, though it didn't seem to matter at this point; Porygon2 seemed to be panting in exhaustion, perhaps a behavior it learned from watching humans go through the plant. Ed took this as a cue to toss a Super Ball at it. The ball hit without a problem, and it sucked in the duck-like program in a flash of light. Though the ball twitched as Porygon2 struggled, it was of no use, and the ball emitted a red light indicating that it locked.

I walked up and grabbed the ball, putting it in my bag next to Klink's ball. Ed had room for one more Pokémon; if he got any more, he would have to choose some to leave behind. I turned to Ed once ready.

"Ready to go? Probably best not to stay here any longer than we have to."
    ----

Battle Stats:

Characters: 0/????

Trainer Stats:
    Items: Parkball x5, Superball x2, Hyperball x2, Pokeplayer, Porygon Voice Disk, Energy Powder x4, Energy Powder Plus, Rotom Voice Disk (1 uses)
    Captures:Klink/GL/Bold, Porygon2/GL/Brave

Trainer's Pokemon

"Skip" Hardy Male Swampert @ 79% (Torrent)

Skip clobbered the Porygon2 with his right forearm, and I saw the perfect opportunity to attempt to catch it. I aimed carefully, winding up and throwing the Pokeball like a baseball pitcher.

It soared through the air and hit the Normal-type.

Wiggle wiggle.

Wiggle wiggle.

Wiggle wiggle.

Ding!

Awesome, I had captured Porygon2. Siless went over to the ball and put it in his backpack, just as he had done with Klink's Pokeball.

"Ready to go? Probably best not to stay here any longer than we have to." My ranger asked me.

I looked around at the damage that had been done. Equipment destroyed, fissures running up the walls, the room flooded, it was a wonder I didn't get kicked out of the park for all that. When looking around the room, I noticed an entrance to a room that contained various household equipment such as a washing machine, an oven, a fan, a freeze, and a lawn mower. Perfect equipment for a Rotom... I wonder...

"Yeah sure, mind if we head into that room over there?" I asked, as I turned on my Rotom Voice Disk for it's final use.

NBP#6

Ed spotted a room full of appliances, expecting it to be a perfect place to find a Rotom. I hoped he was prepared if we did run into a Rotom, because fighting the likes of the Electric-Ghost type on its home turf wasn't exactly the smartest thing he could do; then again, the same could be said for Porygon2, and that ended up just about perfectly.

The lights were on as we entered, but they flickered off shortly after. The light on the far end of the room lit up, and a beam of plasma shot forth to the next closest light to us; as it went from fixture to fixture, the beam of plasma deactivated the light it left and gave its energy to the next. It was pretty obvious to me that Ed was incredibly lucky in meeting this being, but it wasn't just going to jump in the ball.

"I hope you're ready for this…"
    ----

Area Effects: Dark
    Battle Stats:

Characters: 1057/35000

Trainer Stats:
    Items: Parkball x5, Superball x2, Hyperball x2, Pokeplayer, Porygon Voice Disk, Energy Powder x4, Energy Powder Plus, Rotom Voice Disk (Used Up)

Trainer's Pokemon

As we made our way across the demolished room to the aforementioned doorway, my body began to tense up and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I was nervous, yet anxious. I crossed my fingers, hoping that this disk would finally work before it broke.

The Voice Disk continued to play as we walked through the doorway. The noise coming from the disk was odd to say the least. It didn't sound like anything, just a running motor, with a few higher pitched squeals in there once in a while. The squeals were spontaneous and impossible to predict, causing me to flinch every time one happened. As we entered the room, I felt a cold breeze. Panicking, I shot my eyes around the room, studying the terrain. There were a bunch of old house hold appliances, all colored orange. I spotted an orange freezer, an orange lawn mower, an orange washing machine, an orange fan, and an orange oven. All the appliances stood out in the dark room, being bright orange. It seemed as if those were the only things in the room I could see. If there wasn't a Rotom in here, I'd eat my own hat.

Suddenly, one light lit up the room. Just as that happened, a figure jumped from light to light, each lighting the room as the figure entered it and turning off once it left. It stopped at the light closest to Siless and I, and a ominous face appeared in the light fixture. I wouldn't have to eat my own hat, I was face to face with one of the rarest Pokemon known to man.

"I hope you're ready for this…" Siless said.

I didn't speak back, I just nodded.

I took a moment to reflect on how incredibly lucky I am. After hitting the jackpot and catching Porygon2, I thought I'd be leaving here without a Rotom. Low and behold, on the final use of my Voice Disk, a Rotom appears. Apparently, Rotom don't come to you, you have to find them yourself. And that right there presented a problem for me.

I was on Rotom's home turf. Not only was I battling a dual Electric/Ghost-type, I was battling a dual Water/Electric-type, dual Ice/Electric-type, dual Grass/Electric-type, dual Fire/Electric-type, and dual Flying/Electric-type. Shit.

It didn't matter which Pokemon I sent out to battle Rotom, as it could just easily manipulate an appliance to counter it. For example, if I sent out Diddy the Infernape, it could stay in it's normal form, or manipulate the washing machine to become part Water-type or the fan to become part Flying-type. If I sent Skip the Swampert, it could manipulate the lawn mower to become part Grass-type. If I sent Kushy the Sceptile, it could manipulate the freezer to become part Ice-type, the oven to become part Fire-type, or the fan to become part Flying-type. Needless to say, I had an uphill battle ahead of me. I couldn't take on this Rotom as is. Like with Porygon2, I would have to find a way to destroy it's advantage. Searching for an answer, I began to reflect on my last park trick, when I battled a Ghost-type, hoping the memory would give me any ideas on how to battle Rotom.

Star didn't stand much of a chance, being a Normal-type, against a Ghost-type. The only way he would be able to damage this thing is with Brave Bird, Aerial Ace, and it's couple other Flying-type moves. As much as I would love to be on Star's back, right in the action with him, it wasn't the smart way to do this battle, so I decided I would take this battle to the ground and use Buzz.

Before I took it to the ground, I would have to get the Drifblim to follow. I decided the best way to do this would be to piss it off, and then use Roost to get my self to the ground.

I leaned over and got closer to Star's head, "alright, listen, use Quick Attack on that Drifblim there, then use Roost to bring it down to the ground. But when you use Roost, make sure you circle the Drifblim, causing it to panic and not be able to escape."

Star nodded and took off towards the opponent. It was crazy to be in the battle for once, and not watching it. My hat flew off my head when we took off and as Star began to accelerate more and more, I felt the skin pulling back on my face and I couldn't even keep my eyes open. From there it was all feel. Quick Attack, being a Normal-type attack, doesn't effect Drifblim and other Ghost-types, it just goes right through them. I can honestly say that is the first time I've ever gone through a ghost. It felt weird to say the least. I could tell when we entered, because the weather got much much warmer, but I don't know if it was because of Drifblim's body heat or because of him being a hot air balloon. When we exited, Star immediately began to circle around his foe, slowly descending. I was starting to get dizzy from the circling, my stomach getting slightly queezy, and before I knew it, I vomited. I chuckled a little after though, and thought about how funny it would be if someone was down there and it landed on them. Star, me, and the Drifblim continued to slowly descend, and we eventually reached the cloud line.

It was quite strange going through the clouds; I have flown through clouds before, but only for a brief second. This time, Star and I spent a good ten to twenty seconds in the blanket of clouds. It was really damp and moist in the clouds, it made me wonder if that meant there would be rain soon, or if that's just how they always were.

When we came out of the clouds, there was a plateau of a mountain not too far below us. Star gracefully landed and I jumped off, positioning myself a few feet behind my Flying-type, a typical battle stance.

"Star, use Tailwind and up your speed, then hit that thing with an Aerial Ace!" I called out.

Star nodded and took off in the air, perfectly riding the wild air currents until he was moving twice as fast as usual. Then he flew up to just below the cloud line and began to charge towards the wild Pokemon. I held his Pokeball out and prepared to return him to his Pokeball.

My plan was to return Star to his Pokeball just after his Aerial Ace hit, sending out Buzz in his place and taking what will hopefully be a Thunderbolt. Activating Buzz's Motor Drive ability, and when combined with the Tailwind that Star just set up, giving the Electivire ridiculous speed.

Just as Star was about to make contact, I pressed the button to activate the return mechanism, hoping it would reach him right after he made contact, and I blindly chucked Buzz's Pokeball to where Star was.

As Star came crashing down at the Drifblim, the blanket of clouds above us began to part like the Red Sea and the sun began to shine through, bringing down intense sunlight. I didn't know if this was due to Sunny Day or Mother Nature, but either way, I would have to use it to my advantage.

As the red beam of light made its way towards Star, Drifblim charged at Star while cloaked in a faint purple and yellow aura that collided with the Aerial Ace attack, knocking back both Pokemon as the light made contact with Star and returned him to his Pokeball. I threw out Buzz's Pokeball and my Electivire appeared in Star's place, but just in time for Drifblim to launch an Ominous Wind attack.

"Buzz, use Light Screen, quick!" I shouted out to my Electric-type.

Buzz held his hands out in front of him and a pink, transparent wall appeared infront of him. The Ominous Wind attack hit the wall dead on, but some of it had managed to leak through and hit Buzz.

"Listen up Buzz, hit that thing with Ice Punch first, alright? Hopefully that will bring it to the ground, then charge up a super strong Fire Punch and smack it as hard as you can!" I called out to my starter Pokemon.

"Electi..." Buzz mumbled.

He held his right fist at his side. It began to become cloaked in an icy-blue aura, with particles of ice starting to form on his knuckles. Even with the extra heat from the sunlight, the ice was not effected at all and I could still feel the coldness from the small, concentrated area. He leaped up in the air to the Drifblim and swung overhead at the dual Ghost/Flying-type. I couldn't tell if it made contact, but when he landed back on the ground, he got into a boxing stance.

"Electi..." He mumbled once more.

His right hand was at his side again, clenched tightly, as red hot flames began to burst from his knuckles. After getting chills from the Ice Punch, I began to sweat from the extra heat of this Fire Punch. The fire on his fist grew larger and stronger as the sun beamed down on it. Buzz got into a boxing stance and pulled back, preparing to put all his weight into the force of this attack.

"VIRE!!" He shouted, as he thrusted not only his fist, but all his weight forward, wanting to do exactly what I asked and hit the Drifblim with all his might. I was extremely proud of the Electric-type.

A ball formed in front of the Drifblim, and it seemed to absorb the energy of the intense sunlight beating down on the plateau. The ball had become a ball of fire and soon was launched towards Buzz, who was too exhausted from his powerful Fire Punch to dodge, and took it head on.

"Alright bud, use Magnet Rise to get yourself up in the air so that the Drifblim can't fly away from you, then get as close to the Drifblim as you can and launch a Discharge attack!" I called out to the Electric-type.

Buzz nodded, but instead of using Magnet Rise the casual and efficient way, he decided to spice it up. He jumped up in the air, and at the apex of his jump, kicked his feet down and sparks of electricity flew out the bottom of his feet as a light buzzing sound began to come from Buzz's vicinity. I assumed that it was the magnetic power working between Buzz and the ground. Buzz was wobbly for a few seconds before he was able to steady himself, then he flew up in the air as high as he could without deactivating the Magnet Rise, and raised his tails in the air. Blue sparks of electrical power began to spark from his tail tips, as a jolt of electricity connected the tips to each other. Buzz's tails began to whirl around each other, the jolt from before turning into a circle of electricity that grew larger with each quarter of a rotation, until finally his tails were completely coiled together and the circle of electricity had become at least fifty yards from end to end.

When the Discharge attack made contact, Drifblim had disappeared into thin air after it was struck by the attack. It disappeared from sight and reappeared a few yards below where it had been. An ominous ball of energy appeared in front of the dual Flying/Ghost-type Pokemon and was launched straight towards Buzz. The attack collided with Buzz and knocked him off balance. Buzz began to plummet to the ground for a moment but managed to catch himself, steadying himself and seemingly shrugging off he powerful Ghost-type attack as if it was nothing.

"Buzz, use Quick Attack to get in close, then hit it hard with a Thunder Punch!"

Buzz didn't bother nodding to show he understood, he took off at full speed straight towards the awaiting Ghost-type. A blinding white trail behind him as he held his fist to his side, sparkling with more and more electricity every second, until finally his whole forearm was bursting with bolts of electricity. He pulled back and launched his fist forward with all of his might, a malicious look in his eyes. He wanted Drifblim to remember this hit.

Buzz closed in on the foe Drifblim and clobbered the Ghost-type with his fist that was bursting with electrical energy. In response, Drifblim fired a barrage of wind currents at Buzz that swirled around in and seemed to be cutting him. Even though Buzz resisted Flying-type moves, this Air Cutter looked like it was hurting. However Buzz, with the help of Light Screen, didn't seem too hurt by the Air Cutter attack.

"Alright Buzz, stand your ground. Brace yourself and take whatever Drifblim sends at you like a champ." I called to Buzz.

I slowed my breathing and closed my eyes, waiting to hear the sound of Drifblim being burned. And as soon as I heard it, I threw my Super Ball right at the Ghost-type and crossed my fingers.

That's right... Normal-type moves don't effect Ghost-types. But that can be used to my advantage. If a Ghost-type sees an incoming Quick Attack, it won't try to dodge it, and it will leave itself vulnerable to a follow up attack. I would have to keep that in my back pocket.

Now... which Pokemon to use?

How about Skip? No matter what Rotom did, it's Electric half would be unable to harm the Swampert, although a Leaf Storm from the dual Grass/Electric-type would surely knock Skip out pretty quick. Not to mention he just had that long battle with Porygon2. He need a rest.

Maybe Kushy, the Sceptile? He hadn't had a chance to battle yet and I'm sure he was raring to go. He resisted Rotom's Electric half, but there was too many options for Rotom to switch to and knock him out; such as dual Ice/Electric-type, dual Fire/Electric-type, and dual Flying/Electric-type. If only there was a way to limit Rotom's options...

Diddy! That's it. Infernape is not only a Fighting-type, but a Fire-type as well. Fire melts metal, and guess what household appliances are made out of? Yep, metal. And if he couldn't melt them, then he could use his brute force and Fighting-type moves to severely damage them and make them unusable. And once all the appliances were destroyed, then Kushy would come in and battle Rotom mono el mono. The plan seemed fool proof.

"Diddy, you're up again." I said as I casually rolled his Pokeball a yard or two in front of me.

The short orange monkey popped out of the Pokeball in a burst of light. The fire on its head grew and lit up the room as it knew it was time to battle. But, the Infernape calmed down when it didn't see an opponent. As Rotom was steal hiding in the light fixture.

"Listen up Diddy, here's the plan. See all those orange appliances? We're going to destroy them one by one. Focus on destroying them and not your enemy."

Diddy looked at me. A look of confusion mixed with loyalty was on it's face. It didn't know what was going on, but it would blindly follow my orders, and I admired that.

Now, what to do first? Well, Rotom could easily manipulate the washing to machine to turn into Rotom-Wash and blast the shit out of Diddy with Hydro Pump, so I should probably destroy that first before Rotom could manipulate it.

"Now quick, the square orange object to your left, the washing machine, use Fire Blast on it, destroy it!" I called out.

Diddy turned to his left and spotted said object. The fire on his head became taller. His muscles contracted. His lungs began to fill with fire as his chest puffed out and he pulled his head back. Steam poured from his nose and ears as the fire attack developed inside of his body, until finally it was ready to come out. Straightening his body and taking aim at the object, Diddy let out a battle shriek as a five pointed star of fire burst from his mouth towards his target. It grew bigger and bigger with every inch it traveled. It had instantly turned this room into a sauna from the sheer heat of it, as I instantly began to sweat. I grinned a little, there was no way the metal washing machine could stand up to that kind of heat.

BP#10 (Vs. Rotom Post 1)

Ed pressed for an advantage; Rotom's advantage was in its appliances, and Ed wanted those out before the match got too out of hand. Diddy aimed at the Washing Machine. It was certainly the smartest target, as a Hydro Pump would wipe the Infernape out, but… leaving Rotom alone to take out the appliances probably wasn't the best idea; Rotom, even at its most straightforward, was crafty, and it had multiple ways to fight even without the most obvious of type advantages.

The Fire Blast hit the Washing Machine with no problems. Though the move was inaccurate, most of it was the slow movement of the flames; it was almost impossible to miss a completely stationary target, and Rotom wouldn't have enough time to possess it and move. The Washing Machine, as a result, was incinerated; Ed had removed Water attacks from the fight. Instead, Rotom jumped towards the fan, possibly aiming for a separate type advantage but more likely looking for a purely tactical one.

Rotom spun its new blades, creating a great burst of wind. It hit all of us, but Diddy was closest to the origin; the gust knocked Diddy off his feet. The Infernape took to the air, completely involuntarily, and was hurtling towards us. It could possibly recover on its own, but a move would possibly change its momentum; I wanted to see whether Ed would use momentum or range to his advantage.
    ----

Area Effects: Dark
    Battle Stats:Fan Rotom: 100%
    Infernape 82% Airborne

Characters: 16192/35000

Trainer Stats:
    Items: Parkball x5, Superball x2, Hyperball x2, Pokeplayer, Porygon Voice Disk, Energy Powder x4, Energy Powder Plus, Rotom Voice Disk (Used Up)

Trainer's Pokemon

The inaccurate attack hit the stationary target dead on. Thankfully, Rotom wasn't quick enough to possess the washing machine and move it. The initial impact of the wall of fire was almost enough to destroy the appliance in it's own, then the flames just completely incinerated it. One point Diddy, zero points Rotom.

The Ghost-type wasn't stupid though. It quickly jetted from the light fixture to the fan and possessed it, becoming Rotom-Fan.

I cursed under my breath, as the fan was certainly my next target to destroy. I had to think of a way to get Rotom to leave the fan, but before I had time to think, it shot a gust of wind with it's rotating blades. Diddy was the closest to the dual Flying/Electric-type, and was lifted off of his feet and thrown across the room as a result.

Diddy was traveling through the air at a high velocity and headed directly for the lawn mower. What could I do to make the best of this situation.

Should I use Acrobatics to try and have Diddy get control of his body and then attack? Or should I use Flare Blitz and combine the velocity that Diddy was traveling at and then the power of the attack to destroy the appliance?

Using Flare Blitz seemed like a bit of overkill, especially since it caused recoil damage. I need Diddy to last as long as possible, so I decided I should use Flame Wheel instead.

"Diddy, use Flame Wheel, make sure you hit the lawn mower!" I shouted to Diddy as he reached the apex of his, er, flight.

Diddy's body became cloaked in a bright orange fire as he began to spin. The spinning allowed him to manipulate the direction of his flight so that he would land directly on the lawn mower, destroying it with the impact and then incinerating it with the flames just as he had done with Fire Blast and the washing machine.

This Rotom was smart, and I wasn't sure if I could leave it alone for much longer without it completely taking control of the battle. I would have to even the playing field very quickly, or else I could be in for an impossible battle. After the lawn mower is destroyed I would still have to take care of the freezer and the oven, as well as find a way to get Rotom the hell out of it's fan mode. I had an idea on how to do it, but I would save it for the right moment. I was itching to get this portion of the battle over with and just do battle with the Electric-type and see what it was capable of.

It had only been a couple minutes since I entered the room, and I was already starting to feel like I was in over my head.

BP#11 (Vs. Rotom Post 2)

Rotom in its fan form had a significant mobility advantage; despite its lower ability to react due to the bulk of the fan, Rotom was much more capable of aerial movement even compared to its normal form, and it could further propel itself if it had to with the fan blades. It didn't help too much while it wasn't the primary target, but it would be able to use its natural abilities until the mobility was necessary and then be able to move without wasting time changing forms. Though it was slowly losing the advantage of items to possess, it didn't need all of them for the battle; its fan form had advantages over all of Ed's Pokémon, though I was sure Rotom only considered Infernape, as it wasn't Psychic, just tricky.

Diddy spun in the air, completely changing the direction of his momentum and casting a flame that lit up the whole room for the instant. Rotom let it hit the lawn mower unimpeded, losing it in the process, instead using the time to rotate its fan blades to build up static electricity. In addition, lights formed on the fan's blades, though they weren't formed of electricity. The instant Infernape connected, Rotom let out a powerful stream of electricity in all directions. I grabbed Ed behind a pillar so he didn't get hurt, but I couldn't afford Diddy the same luxury; even if I was close enough, I wasn't going to interfere in the battle without good reason, as it was a test between the Trainer and the Wild Pokémon.

When we both got back, it was clear Diddy had been hit, but the glowing orbs were still on Rotom's fan blades. Whatever the attack was, it wasn't used yet, and Rotom was just waiting for the perfect moment.
    ----

Area Effects: Dark, attacks are lighting up room
    Battle Stats:Fan Rotom: 100% Used Discharge, Using Confuse Ray
    Infernape 66%

Characters: 18709/35000

Trainer Stats:

Trainer's Pokemon

Diddy carried his fiery momentum right to the lawn mower, destroying it on impact.

Rotom didn't seem affected, he casually floated around the room, getting used to his newly acquired flying abilities. I think Rotom could sense how nervous I was that I wouldn't be able to defeat it in it's fan form, so that's why it didn't mind me destroying it's other appliances. With the Water and Grass type appliances destroyed, I could certainly rely on Skip for the battling, although I was nervous to do so considering the battle he had just been through.

Rotom hardly flinched at the lost of the lawn mower, it began to rotate it's blades quickly and spark off electricity. The only reason I could see it was because the electricity naturally protruding from it's body lit up part of the room. The same deal was with Diddy, the flame on his head was the only way I could see where he was.

The Rotom's attack grew larger into a big circle as it shot a burst of electricity all through the room. Siless grabbed me by my arm and pulled me behind a pillar to protect me from the attack. This pissed me off, since I hated taking my eyes off the battle even for a split second, and I wasn't able to command Diddy to defend himself.

I looked back out at the battle and saw that Diddy had been hit by the Discharge attack. The electrical energy had convulsed his muscles and caused him to drop to a knee. The damage looked a lot worse than it actually was, though. I was still impressed by the strength of the attack, though.

Now, what appliance to destroy next? There was the oven, the freezer, and of course the fan left. If only I could destroy that damn fan.

Maybe... if I shot a Stone Edge at Rotom, he would bail out of the fan, fearing taking huge damage. Then while he was out of it, I could destroy it quickly.

"Infernape, use-" I started to say, but then I stopped myself when I saw two orbs starting to form in front of Rotom.

The balls had an ominous glow to them, and at first I thought it was a Hidden Power attack, but when I looked closer I realized it was Confuse Ray, and Rotom was about to launch that shit. Who would of thought a wild Pokemon would be haxxing noob.

What should I do? Should I attack? Should I just get out of the way? Or maybe... I know! Substitute blocks status causing moves, including ones such as Attract and Confuse Ray. Using Substitute is pretty much giving me a free move! It was perfect. Then the Substitute Infernape would be able to take damage for Diddy while he works on getting Rotom the hell out of it's fan form. It seemed like a fool proof plan.

"Diddy, use Substitute, quick!" I called out.

Diddy looked up at Rotom and saw the Confuse Ray attack about to be launched. Quickly analyzing the situation, he realized why I was calling for a substitute and began to execute. He stood calmly and put his head down, closing his eyes and focusing. He looked like he was becoming weaker and losing health, but then another Infernape appeared in front of him, standing as a body guard between him and Rotom. When Diddy moved his left hand, so did the substitute. It mimicked his motions, but he could also make it move independently if he really tried.

That simple move had given me a huge advantage in this battle. With momentum and confidence on my side, if I could get Rotom to ditch the fan form, then I would pretty much have this battle in the bag. But that was a big if.

I couldn't help but notice a second side effect from the Infernape substitute, the room was even more lit now that there were two fires and not just one. This could help Diddy and I in the long run, as Rotom was used to seeing and navigating in the dark, while we were not.

BP#12 (Vs. Rotom Post 3)

Substitute was draining on the user, but while it was active, it was able to take just about any blow for it. It also allows for a good range of motion, though it lacked the strength of the original, so any damage done by it would be incredibly low. Thankfully, that wasn't the point of Substitute, or else it'd be useless in battles; the whole point was to intercept attacks and allow for diversions, and the intercepting of attacks is what made it a popular move. Ed used a pretty common strategy, as Substitutes were particularly useful in taking status moves, making most of them almost useless as the Substitute itself was immune.

The orbs of light left Rotom's fan blades and launched towards the Infernape at high speed, though by then the Substitute was ready; the second Infernape took the blow from the orbs without flinching or even being dazed. Confuse Ray had no effect. This didn't stop Rotom from fighting, though; it just kept rotating the blades of its fan and starting to charge electricity in them.
    ----

Area Effects: Dark, attacks are lighting up room
    Battle Stats:Fan Rotom: 100% Charging Charge Beam
    Infernape 41% SUB

Characters: 22404/35000

Trainer Stats:

Trainer's Pokemon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast