Individual RP: Captain Dude - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Captain Dude

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: Individual RP: Captain Dude

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Alright Star, he's pretty fast, so use Agility so that you're faster no matter what! Then use your speed to get in his face and use Growl!" Ed called out.

Star crowed and all of his clones began to flap their wings. They rose off the ground and flew quickly around the battlefield. I knew the real Star would be using the flight to stretch his wings and ruffle his feathers, increasing his speed and maneuverability. As a bird, his battle abilities were very dependent on his flight skills.

The Skarmory wasn't stupid, though. Being the smaller bird, it knew that its best chance of winning this battle was maintaining the momentum it had by virtue of having the highest Speed. It spread its wings wide, displaying the red shards that somehow supported it in the air. A heard a strange clacking sound, one that reminded me of a train running along its tracks. A soft gray light began to fall off of the Skarmory as it purified its armour and removed all unnecessary pieces, ready for battle. Small slivers of metal curled to the ground, leaving swirl-like battle lines around the Skarmory's chest and wings. They looked kind of like tribal tattoos.

All of the Staraptor clones suddenly jinked in mid-air and flew towards the Skarmory. They landed right next to the smaller bird and screeched loudly. I had to cover my ears from the horrific noise - I'd accidentally left my earplugs back at headquarters. I berated myself for the slip and just prayed I wasn't going to have permanent ear damage.

The Skarmory was flinching as well - the metal casing around its body probably meant the sound was reverberating throughout its head. Nonetheless, it was reasonably quick to retaliate - its wings glowed bright white again, but the battle tattoos all over its body did so as well. The Steel-type suddenly leaped towards one of the clones and brought its right wing slashing across its chest like a blade. The Staraptor faded away in a blur of vertical lines. It then spun around and slashed horizontally with its left wing, aiming the chop at another Staraptor neck. Again, the clone disappeared in a quick blur. Finally, the little bird brought both wings around in a sweeping motion, aiming for a third Staraptor's head. This one made contact - the wings bashed across Star's head. Luckily, Star's hit had been using the blunt edge of the wings, not the sharp one.

Star stumbled backwards and the two remaining clones quickly moved in front of him, shielding him from the Skarmory. The bird looked tired, though - the Steel Wing maneuver had taken a lot out of it.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Male Skarmory: 100%, ATK-2, SPD+2 (used Autotomize, Steel Wing)

Adamant Male Staraptor: 75%, EVA+1, SPD+1 (used Agility, Growl)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Ed Fitch
    Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Dragon Type Repellant, Skarmory Voice Disk[FOUR USED]
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); Hasty Sigilyph(M); ??? Archeops(?); ??? Pidgeot(?); ??? Skarmory(M)
    Pokemon Captured: Hasty Sigilyph(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 14932 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Hardy Male Electivire [Nicknamed Buzz] 100% (Ice Punch TM, Earthquake TM, Magnet Rise BM, Cross Chop BM <Motor Drive Ability>)

Adamant Male Staraptor [Nicknamed Star] ACTIVE (TM Return, HM Fly <Intimidate Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Intermediate Voice Disk (Skarmory)
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

While Star had been executing his moves, Skarmory had used Automize and Steel Wing, with Steel Wing managing to hit despite the Double Team used previously. Automize was a Steel-type move that, like Agility, raised the user's speed. What made Automize particularly dangerous was its Steel-typing; Steel-type Pokemon naturally had high defense and sometimes high attack but almost always low speed. But when you boost those speed levels you get a dangerous combination, something Star was all too familiar with.

The referee looked at me. "Heads", he said as he held the coin up to me and showed me the heads side. He then flipped the coin and sure enough, it landed on heads, meaning I would have to send out my first Pokemon.

I only had two Pokemon, Buzz and Star, so there wasn't much thinking to be done. I would send out Star first for two big reasons. One being the hope of drawing in Electric-type attacks that I can switch Buzz into in order to activate his Motor Drive ability, and the other is that between Normal/Flying-STAB and Close Combat, Star had near perfect type coverage, and could deal big damage to almost anything.

"Star, go!" I called out as the large bird Pokemon emerged from it's Pokeball.

My opponent sent out an Aggron to oppose my Staraptor, and I saw it as a perfect opportunity. Aggron, a dual Rock/Steel-type, would be double weak to Close Combat, meaning an easy win for Star.

"Star, use Close Combat!"

"Aggron, stand strong and use Automize!"

Star flew at the Aggron at full speed hit it with a wing before coming back and kicking it with its talon. It repeatedly swung every limb it had at Aggron while it's eyes glowed a malicious red, the Aggron was taking serious damage. Star eventually backed off, tired, and Aggron began to use Automize.

"What the hell is Automize?" I said in complete confusion. I was a fairly new trainer, so I didn't know much about Pokemon and their moves.

"Automize is a Steel-type attack that halves the user's weight as well as doubling its speed. Meaning my Aggron is now faster than your Staraptor." My opponent explained to me, rather calmy.

I wasn't too scared, I thought that Staraptor could still pull of the win despite the new speed disadvantage. Even though his defenses were down from Close Combat, Aggron was running on it's last leg after the powerful Fighting-type attack.

Before I could command Star, the opponent beat me to it.

"Head Smash!" He called out.

Again, I didn't know much about Head Smash, but I knew it was strong recoil move. Meaning even if it hit, I'm sure the recoil would take out Aggron.

Aggron charged at Star at an incredibly fast pace, much faster than you would expect from a Pokemon of that size and type. Before me or my Pokemon could react, Aggron's glowing head smashed into my Flying-type, the super effective attack instantly KO'ing it. Aggron roared, unphased.

"Why didn't the recoil knock you out?" I said, confused once again.

"Aggron's ability is Rock Head, which prevents recoil. Sorry, rook." The trainer said, rather smugly.

I then sent out Buzz, who was easily taken out by a Head Smash as well, meaning I lost the battle without KO'ing a single Pokemon.

I was much smarter now though, and I wasn't going to let Skarmory beat me. If Skarmory was going to get into a speed battle with me, thats a battle Star and I would win. Between Agility and Tailwind, Star was capable of reaching speed levels beyond its maximum capacity, and certainly beyond a Skarmory's maximum capacity.

"Alright Star, first off, let's give this youngin' a lesson in exponential growth; use Double Team again! Then I want you to use Tailwind, show him what real speed is!" I shouted out to my Flying-type.

Star cooed to show me he understood and all three Double Team clones began to multiply, creating fifteen Staraptor clones. If Skarmory didn't start taking out more clones, then he would have too many to handle in a few more minutes. Then Star flew in the air, beginning to summon a wind that he rode perfectly and made not only him but all of the pseudo-Staraptors fly much faster, seemingly doubling their speed.

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Be careful with using the same move repeatedly, it's usually accompanied by a drop in quality unless there's significant explanation.

~~~~~

Ed didn't seem to be phased by the Skarmory's Speed increase or the viciousness of its attack. He took a couple of seconds to consider his attacks before speaking in a confident tone.

"Alright Star, first off, let's give this young'un a lesson in exponential growth," Ed called."Use Double Team again! Then I want you to use Tailwind, show him what real speed is!"

Each of the Staraptors began to shake, and more clones blurred out of each of them. All the Staraptors mixed with each other and changed places, and I could tell by the Skarmory's narrowed eyes that it had lost sight of the real one. It began to swing its arms from side to side and bob its head in some kind of strange dance. Silver swords materialised around the Steel-type and they spun around as the Swords Dance increased the Skarmory's power.

As the Skarmory danced, all of the Stars began to wave their wings. A sudden wind picked up, rustling their feathers. They began to fly around even faster - I couldn't keep track of a single one. The Skarmory obviously couldn't too, but it didn't panic. The swords faded and it crouched low on the ground. It almost looked like a chicken laying an egg. Light blue energy coursed through its battle tattoos and began leaking out into the air. I didn't know what was coming up, but I knew it'd hurt.

"If I were you I'd start attacking it soon," I said to Ed. "You don't want it becoming too tired."

~~~~~

??? Male Skarmory: 100%, SPD+2 (used Swords Dance, preparing to attack)

Adamant Male Staraptor: 75%, EVA+2, SPD+1, TAILWIND-1 (used Double Team, Tailwind)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Dragon Type Repellant, Skarmory Voice Disk[FOUR USED]
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); Hasty Sigilyph(M); ??? Archeops(?); ??? Pidgeot(?); ??? Skarmory(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 19059 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Hardy Male Electivire [Nicknamed Buzz] 100% (Ice Punch TM, Earthquake TM, Magnet Rise BM, Cross Chop BM <Motor Drive Ability>)

Adamant Male Staraptor [Nicknamed Star] ACTIVE (TM Return, HM Fly <Intimidate Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

As Star and all his clones were flying around in the air, Skarmory was attempting to keep track of the real one. Once he realized he couldn't, he decided to try a new strategy. Small transparent swords began to spin around the Steel-type, and when they went away, Skarmory seemed to be shining a little bit brighter than before. Its hard to explain, but Skarmory just looked much more powerful than it had before using Swords Dance.

Then Skarmory crouched and began to glow even brighter. This time, it appeared as if Skarmory was leaking light blue flames. But they weren't flames, it appeared to be light. It slowly filled all the tribal markings left from when it had used Automize.

I instantly recognized the blue flames, I was almost certain that Skarmory was preparing a Brave Bird attack. A move that Star had used countless times before, and that Star had won many battles with.

"If I were you I'd start attacking it soon," Chainy said to me. "You don't want it becoming too tired."

I debated with myself for a little while, trying to decide what to do. Part of me wanted to attack the Skarmory head on, Brave Bird against Brave Bird, but I knew that wasn't the smartest thing to do. I had to use the advantages that I had. Those advantages were speed and evasion. If only there was a wooded area around that Star could fly through and hopefully cause the Skarmory to collide with a tree.

"Yeah, you're probably right." I said to Chainy after I realized I had ignored him.

Then it clicked in my head, I could have Star and his fifteen Double Team clones continue flying around in the sky like they are right now. Odds are that with Brave Bird, Skarmory would only be able to hit one of the clones, since it is such a straight forward attack. Then, I would have Star get in close to the Skarmory and hit hard with Close Combat. Hopefully with Close Combat, Star would be able to take advantage of Skarmory's halved weight, and with each strike from Close Combat, send it closer and closer to the ground, until the final blow can send it plummeting, dealing even MORE damage. It would take a lot to make it happen, but I knew Star certainly had the power to do it.

As Skarmory launched it's attack, I didn't give Star a command. I waited a few seconds before calling out to him. "Staraptor, Close Combat with all your strength! Send that bird plummeting to the ground!"

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ed just watched the Skarmory silently as the blue flames began to whisk up into the air, like some gasoline had been sucked up into a tornado and then set alight. He looked up at the Staraptor clones that were whizzing around in the sky, too fast for the Skarmory to catch.

"Yeah, you're probably right," he said suddenly. Despite this, he didn't order any attacks. He simply watched as the Skarmory kicked powerfully up off the ground and into the air.

Surprisingly, the Skarmory wasn't heading towards any one Staraptor clone. Instead, it was winging towards an empty space that was approximately in the center of the horde. Finally, Ed called his order.

"Staraptor, Close Combat with all your strength! Send that bird plummeting to the ground!" he yelled.

All of the Staraptor clones immediately banked and turned towards the Skarmory, who was now hovering in midair. Their claws extended as one. However, this appeared to be what the Skarmory wanted. Its markings began to glow bright white, and then a blue fireball expanded outwards. It moved too quickly for Star to dodge - the blue flame smashed into all of the clones, but I couldn't see what happened to them. My visor couldn't pierce the flame's energy field.

After a few seconds of waiting, I saw something shoot out of the bottom of the now fading explosion. It was the Skarmory, and it was plummeting towards the ground. The Steel-type crashed into the earth, throwing up little clouds of dust. I looked upwards to see Star hovering alone where the Skarmory had been. He was panting hard but otherwise seemed okay. However, all of the clones had been annihilated by the Sky Attack.

~~~~~

??? Male Skarmory: 76%, SPD+2 (used Sky Attack)

Adamant Male Staraptor: 63%, EVA+2, SPD+1, TAILWIND-1 (used Close Combat)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 21441 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Skarmory rocketed itself into a blank space between all of the Star clones. I pumped my fist in excitement, until I realized that is exactly what the Skarmory wanted. I had mispredicted, Skarmory wasn't using Brave Bird, it was using Sky Attack. Just as I came to this realization; a burst of light exploded from the Skarmory and left a huge pile of smoke. I couldn't see anything at all; but I feared for the worst. I was expecting to see Staraptor falling from the sky, unconscious. That's when I saw it; a figure falling from the sky. But it wasn't black, it was metallic. It was Skarmory! Close Combat worked perfectly, and did exactly what I wanted it to. But when the smoke cleared, I saw that all the Staraptor clones had disappeared.

"NOOOOO!!!! MY PRECIOUS STARAPTOR CLONES!!" I said sobbing, as my face became so distorted from the sadness that I looked like an inbred hillbilly. But I couldn't be completely sad, Star managed to land a great hit, and I was extremely proud of my Flying-type.

I snapped out of it and immediately got back to the task at hand; catching this damn Skarmory! I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to hit Skarmory while he is down, with everything that we have.

"Star use Brave Bird! Hit him before he gets up!" I called out to my Pokemon, who was still flying high in the sky with a triumphant look on his face.

I knew the recoil from this attack would be massive, but it worked perfectly towards my Endeavor plan.

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Don't forget to describe your attacks.

~~~~~

"No! My precious Staraptor clones!" Ed screamed. His face distorted and he began to sob hysterically. I shot him a look with my eyebrow raised - I didn't get why it was such a big deal. It wasn't like Star had been knocked out or anything, and the large bird could always make more Double Team clones.

The Skarmory began to caw angrily and shuffle around on the ground, staying low like it was protecting an egg. Its wings extended outwards and it kept its head low, presenting a very aggressive figure to the hovering Star. It continued to caw and mutter as it did so, daring the Staraptor to get close.

"Star use Brave Bird! Hit him before he gets up!" Ed yelled, finally snapping out of his slump.

Star began to glow light blue and he dived down towards the Skarmory. The light trailed behind him as he moved through the air towards his target. He crashed into the Skarmory, knocking it backwards a bit towards the cliff. However, the Steel-type dug in its claws and managed to resist the Normal-type's force after a couple seconds. It then opened its pointy beak wide and emitted a horrific, reverberating screech. Star squawked, even though we couldn't hear it, and shuffled away from the Skarmory, trying to get away from the piercing noise. I covered my eyes with my hands and squeezed my eyes shut - what a wonderful day to leave behind my earplugs.

~~~~~

??? Male Skarmory: 61%, ATK+1, DEF+1, SPD+1 (used Curse, Metal Sound)

Adamant Male Staraptor: 58%, DEF-1, SDEF-3, SPD+1, EVA+2 (used Brave Bird)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 22908 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Star's body began to glow the ever-so-familiar light blue color, and white hot flames seemed to be leaking out from between his feathers as he tucked his head and charged at the waiting Skarmory, full force. Skarmory braced itself with what I assumed to be a Curse attack, and dug its claws into the ground as my Flying-type collided with it. The two pushed against each other for a few seconds until Star gave in, unable to overcome the resistance and defense of Skarmory. Skarmory countered by letting out an ear piercing screech that caused Star to freak out and retreat back a few feet. That was Metal Sound, and that meant Star's defenses were way down. That would make it easier to execute my Endeavor plan, but I was getting into dangerous territory; Star could easily get KO'd before we got the chance to react.

The Skarmory seemed awfully proud after it's Metal Sound attack and didn't seem prepared to defend itself, so I took advantage of the opening as best as I could.

"Staraptor, use Return! Quick!" I shouted out, as soon as I could hear myself thinking again after that horrific Metal Sound.

Staraptor crouched down slightly and pulled its wings into its body, a faint white glow appeared around it and it launched itself at the unsuspecting Skarmory with all its might.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Surprisingly, the Skarmory didn't counterattack as Star recoiled. It watched the floundering bird from high up on its raised head. It almost looked prideful, except I severely doubted that such a young Pokemon would have such an overwhelming ego. More likely it was either watching for an opening or allowing the Staraptor to regain its footing before attacking. I'd seen Pokemon act like honourable duelists before, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the Skarmory was doing.

"Staraptor, use Return! Quick!" Ed called out.

Star began beating his wings fast, recovering his equilibrium. He then tucked his wings into his body and launched himself towards the Skarmory using his powerful legs. He slammed into the Skarmory and knocked it backwards. However, the Steel-type used this to its advantage - it pushed up into the air, extending its red strip-like wings.

The Skarmory flapped its wings hard and multiple shining white stars buzzed towards Star. They crashed into the large bird, knocking it backwards repeatedly. The last star exploded viciously, knocking the Staraptor back against the wall. Star began panting heavily - he was starting to tire. He had access to superior speed, but the Skarmory had the edge battle-wise. I really hoped that Ed had a plan, otherwise this battle was going south, fast.

~~~~~

??? Male Skarmory: 52%, ATK+1, DEF+1, SPD+1 (used Swift)

Adamant Male Staraptor: 33%, DEF-1, SDEF-3, SPD+1, EVA+2 (used Return

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 24198 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Star managed to push Skarmory backwards, but the young Steel-type used that to his advantage. Using the momentum of the Return attack, Skarmory was able to launch itself in the air with a powerful flap of it's wings. Then it flapped its wings again and launch a barrage of white stars at Star. The attack was Swift, and normally a special move coming from a Skarmory wouldn't do much damage, but between Metal Sound and Close Combat, Star's special defense levels had been massacred and Swift manage to do quite a bit of damage.

I knew Star was running on his last leg, he wouldn't be able to survive two more attacks, so that meant it was time to execute my Endeavor plan.

"Listen up Star, I'm sorry but I'm going to need you to take a hit here. Brace yourself. And right after Skarmory attacks, I want you to use Endeavor. I know you can do it, Star." I called out to my Flying-type.

Star was panting hard and was visibly tired from this long, grueling battle, but he nodded his head and stood tall, puffing his chest out. He glared at the Skarmory who, who glared right back at him. The two Pokemon stared at each other for a few moments, as if they both knew that this was the decisive moment in the battle.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ed watched as his Staraptor was bashed around by the Skarmory's Swift attack. He seemed to have a plan, though, and it was probably the same plan he had intended to use for capturing Skarmory all along.

"Listen up Star, I'm sorry but I'm going to need you to take a hit here. Brace yourself, and right after Skarmory attacks, I want you to use Endeavor. I know you can do it, Star," he called out to his Pokemon.

Star's chest was heaving and he was panting audibly, but he managed a caw in reply. With visible effort, he stopped panting an stood up straight, glaring at the Skarmory. The Skarmory glared back, unsure what to do. It shuffled to the left, but Star didn't move. It then feinted forwards, but again, Star was impassive. The Skarmory's eyes narrowed, and it screeched loudly. Its battle tattoos began glowing bright blue again, but this time the energy that was being emanated was more streamlined and laser-like than the flame-based Sky Attack. The light swirled and began to encase the entirety of the Steel-type, and it launched itself forwards, towards Star.

Star was prepared, however. He watched the incoming Skarmory carefully, and raised his wings out in front of him. The Skarmory was now little more than a pointy blue projectile, and it slammed into Star, who cried out in pain. However, this didn't stop the Normal-type from following his orders - he grabbed hold of the Skarmory and pulled it towards him, sidestepping at the same time. This caused the Skarmory to fly straight into the cliff wall that was right behind Star. The crunching noise that resulted was painful, and I winced and looked away. The Skarmory began to keen in pain, and when I looked back I saw that parts of its armour had been dented and it couldn't open its right wing properly. It was doddering around, barely able to keep on its feet. Star was looking bad as well - that Endeavour attack had cost him the last of his health. He had collapsed onto his chest, and was just barely conscious.

~~~~~

??? Male Skarmory: 3%, ATK+1, DEF+1, SPD+1 (used Brave Bird)

Adamant Male Staraptor: 3%, DEF-1, SDEF-3, SPD+1, EVA+2 (used Endeavour)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 25412 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Star did a great job of absorbing the powerful attack; which I recognized as Brave Bird, Star's favorite move. Skarmory launched itself straight at Star who blocked the attack with his wings. He winced in pain but fought through it and slammed Skarmory in the cliff wall behind him. Both Pokemon were severely hurt and in danger of fainting. For the safety of both Pokemon, I had to try to catch Skarmory now. I pulled the Parkball out of my pocket and twirled it in my hand as it grew from ping-pong ball sized to softball-sized. I didn't have to try very hard to aim since the Pokemon was laying on the ground motionless, so I did a casual side-armed throw aiming for the torso of the Steel-type. The ball rolled of my finger tips and spun rapidly as it headed towards Skarmory.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Please don't forget to read my posts carefully - the Skarmory was not "laying on the ground motionless".

~~~~~

I was about to call out for Ed to attempt the capture when I saw that he'd come to the same conclusion on his own. He pulled out a ParkBall and spun it around stylishly in his hand as it expanded to its normal size. He tossed it almost lazily at the Skarmory, who was still hopping around. For a second, I thought it would miss, but it just clipped one of the Steel-type's flailing metallic wings. The Skarmory was converted into red energy which was sucked inside the ball. The ParkBall fell onto the ground and began to wobble from side to side.

We both watched the ball in breathless anticipation. Star did not - I imagined the large bird was too tired out to care about his Trainer's capture attempt. I couldn't say I blamed him - from the looks of it he wouldn't be able to withstand another attack. I hoped Ed had brought some healing items with him.

Finally, the ball stopped rocking and emitted the usual "captured" tone. A red light flashed out towards us and I grinned as I walked over to pick up the capture device.

"Congratulations," I said to Ed, "I always like it when Trainers manage to find the Pokemon they've come looking for. What do you want to do now?"

I slipped the shrinking ball into my pack's side pocket and turned to the Trainer, waiting for his reply. I was incredibly conscious of the wheezing Star off to my right, but I had no doubt that Ed would either heal his Pokemon or return it to its ball. PokeBalls had rudimentary stasis systems that kept the Pokemon stable, if not healing them. It was certainly better than nothing, especially in remote places like the Park where Pokemon Centres weren't readily available and healing items were worth their weight in gold. Figuratively.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); Hasty Sigilyph(M); ??? Archeops(?); ??? Pidgeot(?); Careful Skarmory(M)
    Pokemon Captured: Hasty Sigilyph(M); Careful Skarmory(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Adamant Male Staraptor [Nicknamed Star] 3% (TM Return, HM Fly <Intimidate Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

OOC: Sorry about that, I was really tired when I wrote that and just threw it together. BTW, don't worry about having to add anything to Serperior to even out the trade value, Mirror Coat is a level up move. xD

Just like with Sigilyph, the Pokeball almost missed it's target and just clipped the Pokemon's wing. Skarmory was turned into a red energy and absorbed into the Pokeball. Chainy and I watched intently as the Pokeball shook back and forth, rather weakly, which was expected considering how grueling the battle that just took place here was. I was finally able to relax when the Pokeball stilled itself and dinged.

"Congratulations," Chainy said to me, "I always like it when Trainers manage to find the Pokemon they've come looking for. What do you want to do now?"

Chainy turned to me as he slipped Skarmory's Pokeball into his pocket, I was opened my mouth to answer him but then I remembered about Star. Without saying a word I dashed over to my Flying-type partner and kneeled down next to him.

"You did amazing Star, thank you so much. Take this and rest up in your Pokeball." I said as I gently stroked his crest and handed him my one and only Energy Powder Plus. He licked it off my hand and I returned him to his Pokeball as I stood up and brushed my knees off.

"Sorry about that, bud." I said as I walked back over to Chainy. "Uh, let's walk around a little bit and see if we can find a nice take off point. Star needs some rest though before we take off though."

I hooked my thumbs onto the straps of my backpack and looked at Chainy with the same expectant look that he gives me, "I'll follow your lead." I said with a smile.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: You're fine. And whoooooooooooops xD

~~~~~

Ed didn't waste any time. He dashed over to his wounded Pokemon and pulled out a small plastic baggie containing some white powder. He opened it, poured it out into his cupped hand and knelt in front of the Staraptor.

"You did amazing Star, thank you so much. Take this and rest up in your Pokeball," Ed murmured as the bird licked it off his hand with his knobbly tongue. Ed ran his hand through Star's red crest a couple times before I returning him to his PokeBall.

"Uh, let's walk around a little bit and see if we can find a nice take off point," Ed suggested. "Star needs some rest though before we take off though. I'll follow your lead."

"Sounds fine with me," I replied. "We're looking for a relatively open area, preferably with a bit of a runway. I guess the best thing to do is continue along the path."

Ed nodded, and I took the lead. We walked back out onto the ledge and inched our way around the path. It got thinner, tapering in until it was barely a metre wide. We didn't have to inch along the path for long, though - after a couple of minutes it made a sudden left turn, becoming a staircase. I was just about to ask Ed whether he wanted to go up it or continue along the cliff trail when I heard a sudden fluttering. I looked to the right, out off the cliff, and a small red-and-brown bird was flying towards us. It was another Spearow.

"Interested in one?" I asked Ed. I doubted he was considering he turned one down before, but it never hurt to ask.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); Hasty Sigilyph(M); ??? Archeops(?); ??? Pidgeot(?); Careful Skarmory(M); ??? Spearow(?)
    Pokemon Captured: Hasty Sigilyph(M); Careful Skarmory(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 1441

Pokemon Statistics:

Adamant Male Staraptor [Nicknamed Star] 100% (TM Return, HM Fly <Intimidate Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast