Individual RP: Captain Dude - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Captain Dude

Default Re: Individual RP: Captain Dude

As Buzz worked his way towards the Sigilyph, the foe was releasing some strange waves of blue energy that seemed to be moving in slow motion. Once Buzz finished the Ice Punch, both Pokemon took a hard fall to the ground. I cringed a little for my partner, knowing that had to of hurt.

"Vire." Buzz said as he lifted his head off the ground and shook it.

The Sigilyph was looking completely helpless on the ground, and even though Electivire was going to have a hard time getting over to him, a couple mighty pushes from his powerful legs would close the few feet of distance between them easily. It was a perfect chance to strike.

"Ah, the Gravity technique," Chainy said, sounding slightly impressed with the wild Pokemon. "One of my favorite moves. Be careful, Buzz won't be able to move around much now. Then again, the Sigilyph can't either. This might be a good chance to get a status on it!"

Just what I was thinking.

"Alright, Buzz, time to get serious. No mercy! Speed isn't gonna help us out much here, so use that lower body strength to push yourself over to the Sigilyph, then I want you to wrap it up in your tails so that it can't move at all. When you got it held still, I want you to charge up an Ice Punch, but don't attack it! I want you to hold your icy hand on his torso for as long as possible, try to freeze him!" I called out to my Electivire.

Electivire using it's tails as a pseudo-constrict; I'm not gonna lie, that's not an original idea of mine, but I saw it on TV once. It was an Infernape battling an Electivire, two of my favorite Pokemon. The Infernape went in for a Mach Punch, but the Electivire was able to side step it and catch Infernape's wrist with its tails. It then launched a devastating Thunder attack on the defenseless Pokemon. If that trainer can use the technique to hit hard, then surely I can use it to force a status ailment. It may seem dirty, but all is fair in love and battle. Except evasion hax.

Electivire was able to get on all fours, and began driving his legs to fight through the Gravity. After a few steps, he fell, but he was right on top of the Sigilyph. He then wrapped both of its' wings with a tail each as his hands began to glow that all so familiar icy blue color. It was both of his hands this time, and they weren't in a fist. Instead, both hands were wide open, and began to bring them down onto the Sigilyph's torso.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Be careful, using the same move repeatedly usually incurs a penalty. I didn't add it this turn cos you might not have known that, though.

~~~~~

"Alright, Buzz, time to get serious. No mercy! Speed isn't gonna help us out much here, so use that lower body strength to push yourself over to the Sigilyph, then I want you to wrap it up in your tails so that it can't move at all. When you got it held still, I want you to charge up an Ice Punch, but don't attack it! I want you to hold your icy hand on his torso for as long as possible, try to freeze him!" Ed called.

Ed sure was intent on getting that Freeze. I wasn't so confident about it though - a complete Freezing was rare, especially when the Pokemon wasn't Ice-typed. Electivire would have probably been better off trying to Paralyze the Sigilyph, but that wouldn't weaken the Flying-type as much, which is probably what Ed was going for.

With great effort, Buzz managed to get onto his hands and knees. He laboriously crawled the ten or so metres over the Sigilyph. Its black tails rose up high enough of the ground to wind carefully around the Sigilyph's wings, and they took the Electivire's weight as he raised his hands over the Avianoid Pokemon. Light blue mist began to gather around both of the Electivire's hands and he slowly, almost gently, grasped both sides of the Sigilyph's black spherical body.

The Wild Pokemon started to struggle weakly, but the effects of the Gravity technique and Electivire's own weight meant it couldn't get away. I watched, almost with pity, as the Sigilyph thrashed against the heavyset Electric type. I began to hear a crackling - surely the Freeze wasn't occurring?

I zoomed in on the wrestling Pokemon with the visor that covered my right eye. Sure enough, small shards of ice were beginning to stick to the Sigilyph. I couldn't see any more, though, because a bright rainbow-coloured light began to shine inbetween the two Pokemon. I heard an explosion that reminded me of a cannon blast and Buzz was hurled into the air by an expanding energy ball that glowed all the colours of the rainbow. It soon faded, leaving Buzz to fall back to the ground with an even heavier thwack. I groaned sympathetically and looked away, that had to hurt. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the Sigilyph was still moving around weakly, too - the Freeze must not have had a chance to take hold. At least Buzz hadn't taken the full extent of the Psychic blast - I noted that his Light Screen was still firmly inbetween himself and his opponent, although it was starting to look a little worse for the wear.

~~~~~

Battle Statistics:

??? Male Sigilyph: 56%, DEF+1, SDEF+1 (used Psybeam)

Hardy Male Electivire: 73%, LS-3 (used Quick Attack, Ice Punch)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Ed Fitch
    Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining, Dragon Type Repellant, Skarmory Voice Disk[ONE USED]
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); ??? Sigilyph(M)
    Pokemon Captured: N/A
    CC since last Encounter: 9372 / 9000

Pokemon Statistics:

Hardy Male Electivire [Nicknamed Buzz] ACTIVE (Ice Punch TM, Earthquake TM, Magnet Rise BM, Cross Chop BM <Motor Drive Ability>)

Adamant Male Staraptor [Nicknamed Star] 100% (TM Return, HM Fly <Intimidate Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x6
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Intermediate Voice Disk (Skarmory)
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x3

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Buzz gently held his hands on the Sigilyph's torso as the ice slowly began to take over the wild Pokemon's body. A smile began to come across my face at the sight of it, but the smile quickly faded as Sigilyph Psybeam'd Buzz right in the face from point blank range. If it wasn't for Light Screen, that would have done some serious damage. My Electric-type was sent back flying several yards and landed hard, once again.

With Light Screen and Gravity working in our favor but beginning to wear off, I knew it was time to start doing some major damage on the wild Sigilyph.

"Alright Buzz, Sigilyph still can barely move, but that won't last much longer. Put everything you have into a Thunderbolt! That should leave Sigilyph stunned, so then I want you to get in close and follow it up with a Fire Punch! For your own good, you better hope that Fire Punch sends it flying." I called out to Buzz. I knew I had to start getting damage on Sigilyph quick, or else Light Screen would wear off and I would start taking major damage. I was hoping these would be the final attacks before I attempted to capture it.

Buzz nodded his head and stood up tall. With a fierce look in his eyes, his tails began to raise straight up in the air and spark with electricity. He then launched a vicious electric attack at the crippled Psychic-type. The flash of light from the launch of the Thunderbolt temporarily blinded everyone in the area, and Buzz used the cover of that light to charge his opponent, his legs once again driving into the ground, moving faster with each powerful push. I couldn't see the attack, but I felt the heat coming from his fist. If Sigilyph was a little chilly from the Ice Punches, this Fire Punch would certainly warm him up.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Alright Buzz, Sigilyph still can barely move, but that won't last much longer. Put everything you have into a Thunderbolt! That should leave Sigilyph stunned, so then I want you to get in close and follow it up with a Fire Punch! For your own good, you better hope that Fire Punch sends it flying," Ed called out.

I knew that with the effects of the Gravity technique there was no way that Buzz would be able to "send the Sigilyph flying", but I guessed it was just a figure of speech. This battle was actually going better for Buzz and Ed than I had expected - Sigilyph were renowned for being tricky opponents, but Sigilyph hadn't done much more than direct attacks and the aforementioned Gravity.

Slowly but surely, Buzz got onto his hands and knees, and then onto his feet. I was impressed with the Electivire's raw strength - Gravity was not a laughing matter. My Dusknoir had perfected the technique, and my Gallade had a working knowledge of it, and it was one of the hardest techniques to master in all of the Pokemon universe.

Buzz clenched his fists and small darts of electricity began to play around his twin black tails. Just before he fired the attack I noticed that white light was playing around the Sigilyph and the thickness of its shield was wavering, but slowly increasing overall. I only got a glimpse, though - the Thunderbolt blinded us all as it fired towards the Sigilyph. I heard a strange alien squawk and when my vision cleared I noticed that the Sigilyph had actually been pushed backwards, towards the cliff. Buzz was also not in the same place he had been, except that was because he was powerfully driving his legs into the ground, pushing against the Gravity towards the Sigilyph. I could tell that the Gravity was beginning to wear off – the Sigilyph was beating its wings, and beginning to rise into the air. It wasn’t fast enough, though – Buzz drove his right fist forward and it was surrounded by ruby-coloured flames. The fire expanded like an explosion as the attack made contact and the Sigilyph was thrust into the air. Unluckily for Buzz, the force behind the Fire Punch pushed the Sigilyph outside of the Gravity’s area of effect. The Flying-type flitted around, no doubt enjoying the return of its freedom.

The Sigilyph fluttered high over the Electivire and the chimes on its base began to glow bright, pure white. The white glow moved down into rings that hovered below the Psychic type, and with a loud screech the Sigilyph fired the rings down towards Buzz. The rings shrunk as they travelled, and they made contact with the Electric-type, making a loud smacking sound as they did so. The each successive ring knocked Buzz down further until he was on his knees, panting.

The Sigilyph began to glow white again, and I stepped up to Ed. I was worried. “If I were you I’d think about capturing it sometime soon,” I said to him. “These things can Recover their health, and you don’t want to get into a stalling match with a Flying type.”

~~~~~

Battle Statistics:

??? Male Sigilyph: 23%, DEF+2, SDEF+2 (used Cosmic Power, Stored Power, using unknown move)

Hardy Male Electivire: 51%, LS-4 (used Thunderbolt, Fire Punch)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining, Dragon Type Repellant, Skarmory Voice Disk[ONE USED]
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); ??? Sigilyph(M)
    Pokemon Captured: N/A
    CC since last Encounter: 11111 / 9000

Pokemon Statistics:

Hardy Male Electivire [Nicknamed Buzz] ACTIVE (Ice Punch TM, Earthquake TM, Magnet Rise BM, Cross Chop BM <Motor Drive Ability>)

Adamant Male Staraptor [Nicknamed Star] 100% (TM Return, HM Fly <Intimidate Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x6
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x3

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Buzz's attack worked according to plan, he was able to get damage on the Sigilyph and avoid taking a direct hit. However, Sigilyph's Stored Power did do a decent amount of damage. After finding its way out of the Gravity area, Sigilyph managed to flutter high in the air and charge a strange attack. I had no idea what it was, but it didn't look good since it had Buzz on his knees panting.

“If I were you I’d think about capturing it sometime soon,” Chainy said to me. “These things can Recover their health, and you don’t want to get into a stalling match with a Flying type.”

Shit. They can use Recover!? With two Cosmic Powers up and access to Recover, I knew I had to wrap this up, and quick. Without wasting another second, I pulled a Parkball out of my pocket. I click the center button on the red and white orb and it grew to the size of a baseball. I waited for the Sigilyph to sit still for a second, and threw the Parkball directly at it like a baseball pitcher.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ed's eyes blinked a couple times in surprise. Apparently he didn't know they could use Recover. I don't really know what that mattered, seeing as he probably knew they could Roost, but whatever. Perhaps he had been planning on an Earthquake attack or something. He pulled a Park Ball out of his pocket and it made a high-pitched bleeping noise as it expanded to its full size. He held it to his side like a softball pitcher, and a couple of seconds later he sent it arcing up into the sky towards the Sigilyph. The sphere twirled through the air and made contact with the Psychic type's left wing. A red light blossomed out and sucked the Pokemon in before falling to earth.

The Park Ball hit the ground with a clatter and rolled around a bit as the Sigilyph fought with the capture mechanism. It didn't have enough strength to do so for long, though - ten seconds was all it took for the ball to lock down and stop shaking. A monotone noise sounded from the ball and a red light shone from the front.

"Congratulations, you just caught a Sigilyph," I said. I walked over and picked the ball up before stowing it away in the side pocket of my pack. Ranger regulations stated that the Ranger should be in possession of all captured Pokemon until the Trainer left the Park. I made sure the sphere was secured firmly before looking back at Ed, waiting for him to lead me to whatever he had found earlier.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); Hasty Sigilyph(M)
    Pokemon Captured: Hasty Sigilyph(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Hardy Male Electivire [Nicknamed Buzz] 51% (Ice Punch TM, Earthquake TM, Magnet Rise BM, Cross Chop BM <Motor Drive Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x3

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

The Parkball soared through the air and hit the Sigilyph on it's left wing. It bounced off and absorbed the Flying-type into the ball. I put my hands on my head and watched intently as the Parkball fell back to the ground and began to wobble back and forth.

Wobble wobble.

I clenched my teeth. Almost there.

Wobble wobble.

I could picture the Sigilyph attempting to fight it's way out of the Pokeball.

Wobble wobble.

I held my breath for a split second, waiting for the result.

Cling!

I did a fist pump in celebration and high-fived Buzz as Chainy walked over and pick up the Parkball. I had read online that it was standard regulation that Rangers hold on to all captured Pokemon until the end of the run.

"Congratulations, you just caught a Sigilyph," Chainy said to me, and then looked at me as if he wanted me to lead him to the next destination.

I was about to ask my ranger where a good spot would be to go to when I suddenly remembered something; the bramble bushes!

"I saw bramble bushes right around the corner from here, dude. But before we head over there, there's a couple of things I want to do." I said as I took my backpack off my back and began to rummage through it.

I pulled out what I was looking for; an Energy Powder, and gave it to Buzz. "That should get you back up to 100%, bud. Rest up, I'm going to need you later. And great job on the Sigilyph." I said with a smile as I returned the large Electric-type to his Pokeball.

I clipped his Pokeball back on my belt and reached into my pocket, pulling out the Pokeplayer. I pressed play and the ever-so-familiar sound of Skarmory cries began to play over and over.

"Alright. Ready when you are, Chainy." I couldn't help but smile at the thought of a Skarmory potentially being right around the corner.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"I saw bramble bushes right around the corner from here, dude. But before we head over there, there's a couple of things I want to do," Ed said to me. He pulled his bag off of his back and rummaged around in it as Buzz stomped over. The Gravity had faded now that the Sigilyph had been captured and the large yellow Pokemon had no trouble whatsoever walking. Ed pulled out a small felt package that was tied up with a drawstring and passed it to the Electivire.

"That should get you back up to 100%, bud. Rest up, I'm going to need you later. And great job on the Sigilyph," Ed congratulated his Pokemon. The Electivire pulled open the drawstring and upended the bag. White powder fell out and into his mouth. He swallowed it, grimaced, and then threw the empty bag to me. I stuffed it in my pocket as Ed returned Buzz to his PokeBall.

Ed clipped the Poke Ball back onto his belt and started the Pokeplayer up again. I realised that I hadn't noticed him turning it off, but he must have because it hadn't been making noises throughout the Sigilyph battle.

"Alright. Ready when you are, Chainy," Ed said.

"Sure." I nodded and I took the lead. I hadn't been to the Outer Heavens much but I was pretty sure I knew the place he was talking about. We followed the path out onto the cliff face, and I instinctively shrunk backwards - the path was only about three metres wide. On one end was a sheer rock face and on the other there was simply nothing, open air. I didn't do heights well.

I heard a sudden screech and a strange multicoloured Pokemon came flapping down to hover in front of us. It was blue and red and yellow and green and reminded me more of a lizard than a bird. It screeched at us again, but it didn't sounds angry - more curious than anything.

"Wanna battle this Archeops?" I asked Ed.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); Hasty Sigilyph(M); ??? Archeops(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 1786

Pokemon Statistics:

Hardy Male Electivire [Nicknamed Buzz] 100% (Ice Punch TM, Earthquake TM, Magnet Rise BM, Cross Chop BM <Motor Drive Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Chainy began to lead me down a rapidly narrowing path, seemingly knowing exactly where I was talking about. I had my fingers crossed that we would find a Skarmory nesting in the large bramble bushes I had seen earlier. I also had my fingers cross that I wouldn't fall off the side of the cliff; it was a straight drop and if I fell, I figured I would only bounce once or twice before landing on the ground below. Not a good feeling.

As we continued down the trail, a large and brightly colored ancient-looking Pokemon came down to investigate what we were doing here. I recognized the Pokemon as an Archeops; a powerful prehistoric Pokemon. As strong as they are though, this was not the place to battle, for risk of falling off the edge. Not wanting any confrontation, I began to reach in my pocket and pull out a wad of cash.

"I think I'm gonna use a Pokedoll." I said to Chainy as I handed him the $500.

____

9,750 - 500 = 9,250

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Keep your money, the escape succeeded.

~~~~~

"I think I'll use a PokeDoll," Ed said as he handed me a wad of cash.

"Hang on, that might not be necessary," I replied, keeping my hands away from the bills. "It looks like it's just curious."

Sure enough, the Archeops circled us a couple times before winging off towards the old hotel. I didn't think it had been interested in a battle, but I wasn't sure, and after all it WAS the Ranger's duty to offer the Pokemon they saw.

We continued along the cliff-edge path, which slowly wound upwards. After a few minutes I found what Ed had been so excited about - there was a patch of thorny bushes on a medium-sized plateau kind of cut into the mountain. I guess if there was a Skarmory around it'd be in that patch somewhere.

I heard a sharp keening from somewhere above and behind me, and I turned around. A Pidgeot was winging it's way towards us. I shrugged - if a Skarmory was in that patch we'd find out soon enough. I tapped Ed on the shoulder and pointed at the Pidgeot.

"Interested in battling that?" I asked him. I already knew the answer, though.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining, Dragon Type Repellant, Skarmory Voice Disk[THREE USED]
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); Hasty Sigilyph(M); ??? Archeops(?); ??? Pidgeot(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Hardy Male Electivire [Nicknamed Buzz] 100% (Ice Punch TM, Earthquake TM, Magnet Rise BM, Cross Chop BM <Motor Drive Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

"Hang on, that might not be necessary," Chainy replied, blocking the wad of bills with his hand. "It looks like it's just curious."

He was right, the Archeops circled us a couple times before flying away. Relieved, I began to place the money back in my pocket as we headed up the winding trail. My hand froze at my hip though when Chainy stopped me and pointed at a large bird Pokemon.

"Interested in battling that?" He asked me, pointing at what I now could tell was a Pidgeot.

"Let's try to get away from it, but if that doesn't work, I'm going to buy a Pokedoll." I said to Chainy.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Let's try to get away from it, but if that doesn't work, I'm going to buy a Pokedoll," Ed said to me.

Again, it wasn't necessary. The large white-and-brown bird flew straight over us, its red and yellow plumage trailing behind it look a banner. It gave us a quick look but showed no other sign of acknowledging our existence. It rose in altitude and disappeared over the rocky mountaintop.

I shrugged. "Well, let's go have a look over in those bramble bushes, you might get lucky," I said to Ed.

As we walked over to the bramble bushes, Ed's Pokeplayer emitted a particularly loud Skarmory call. I heard a sudden rustling coming from the low-cut scrubs, and as we walked over a head stuck up and looked us over. It was birdlike, but yet strangely alien. Instead of feathers and a plumage, the head was covered in metal. The Pokemon hopped out of the bush and I saw that its wings were long red strips of bendy metal as opposed to feathers.

The Skarmory was smaller than normal. It must have been young, barely out of its hatchling stage. It made a metallic screeching noise and cocked its head, looking up at Ed as if to ask him what he wanted. I knew exactly what the young Trainer wanted.

"I'm assuming you want to battle this," I said, taking a couple steps backwards.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Dragon Type Repellant, Skarmory Voice Disk[FOUR USED]
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); Hasty Sigilyph(M); ??? Archeops(?); ??? Pidgeot(?); ??? Skarmory(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

OOC: Skarm is a dude.
    _______

I didn't need to spend my money. The Pidgeot took off from where it was perched and soared across the sky. Pidgeot were truly magnificent creatures; so beautiful yet so powerful. I kicked myself a little for not catching, Pidgeot were pretty awesome Pokemon. I dozed off and began to reminisce on the first time I saw a Pidgeot.

I was a new trainer snooping around the grasses of the route just outside my hometown. The route was home to many bird Pokemon, such as Pidgey, Starly, Spearow, Hoothoot and Tailow. I was snooping around looking for a Starly when I spotted something flying high in the sky above me. It was a Pidgeot. The way it looked right now, flying across the skies of the Outer Heavens, was exactly how the Pidgeot I saw back home looked. It made me think about how far I had come as a trainer. In such a short amount of time, I had become friends with so many new Pokemon. First there was Buzz, then Star. Then Skip, my Swampert. Then Diddy, my Infernape and most powerful battler. Then I met King, my Nidorino, and Omega the Metagross right after that. Right before this park excursion, I met Kushy the Sceptile, and now I just caught a Sigilyph. Not only that, but I had even managed to beat a Gym Leader and a former Champion in a clean sweep.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Chainy began to speak to me."Well, let's go have a look over in those bramble bushes, you might get lucky," he said to me.

As we walked over to the bramble bushes I've been so obsessed with, my Pokeplayer sent out a bone-chilling Skarmory cry that was much louder than the rest. Immediately after that, a small Pokemon poked through the bramble bush. I instantly recognized it as a Skarmory. It's metallic skin was still shining. That, along with it's small size, showed me that it was still a baby. I was happy about this; aside from the Sigilyph I had just caught, all of the Pokemon I own were caught very early in their lives, and that is how I've managed to develop such a strong bond with them.

The baby Steel-type let out a strange, metallic sounding cry and cocked its head at me. Even though Skarmory is by no means a cute creature, my heart melted a little at the sight of it.

"I'm assuming you want to battle this," Chainy said, taking a couple steps backwards to make room for the battle.

"Hell yeah!" I said, unable to hide my excitement.

I stared down the Skarmory, it was so cute; I felt bad hurting it, but I knew that I'd be hurting it for a good reason. It'd be much better off with me then it would be here in the wild. I tapped my middle and index finger on the two Pokeballs on my belt. Buzz or Star? Buzz had just had that big battle with the Sigilyph, so I'm sure he is still a bit tired. Not only that, but Buzz would do some serious damage to a baby Skarmory with his Electric-type attacks. I guess I'm going to use Star, and try to tire the little guy out before I capture him.

As I threw Staraptor's Pokeball to the ground and he exploded out, I couldn't help but reflect on when I first met him, since I had been reflecting on the start of my journey so much for the last few minutes.

It was the same day I saw the Pidgeot, I saw Star poking around on the grass and decided to try and capture him, I can still feel the excitement from when I encountered Star. The same excitement I have now, face to face with this Skarmory.

"There it is, Buzz... a Starly..."

I sat crouched in a bush with my Elekid as we stalked a lone Starly poking around at the grass. It was a beautiful summer day. The sun was out high in the sky and the shrubbery of the quiet and isolated route was in full bloom.

"Get ready..." I whispered quietly to my partner.

"Ele..." I could hear the anticipation in his voice when he spoke.

"Now! Thundershock!"

"Ele...kiiddd!"

My little yellow buddy's body tensed up as he shot a weak jolt of electricity at the defenseless Pokemon. The Starly let out a cry as it was fried to a crisp by the super-effective attack.

"Sweet! Good job!" I yelled out as I high fived Buzz. "Now it's time to capture this little bugger. Go, Pokeball!" I cocked my arm back and threw my Pokeball like a baseball pitcher. I watched the Pokeball soar through the air, as if it was going in slow motion, rotating and spinning

It's like it happened yesterday; as the Pokeball soared through the air, a mother Staraptor swooped in and grabbed the ball at it's apex. After a long and hard battle with the mother Staraptor, as well as a failed capture attempt, I came back to find Starly being surrounded by ravenous Pokemon...

"Are you ok little guy?"

"Star..." it said weakly.

"Buzz, I'm going to run this guy to the Pokemon Center, return!" I returned Buzz into it's Pokeball as I picked up Starly in my arms and ran it to the Pokemon Center.

It was a long run; about a mile and half, but I felt responsible for this Starly's life. I had knocked it out and left it out in the wild at the mercy of any other wild Pokemon, I had to make sure it was ok. After about 10 minutes of running, my legs were incredibly sore and my entire body was cramping up, but we had made it to the city. I rushed across town to the Pokemon Center and gave the injured Starly to the nurse.

"What happened to it?" she asked me.

"I..." I started to tell the story, but then changed my mind and decided to lie. I couldn't tell this woman that I practically left a Pokemon out to die. "We were attacked by a wild Staraptor and Starly tried to defend me but he..."

"We'll have him healed up in a jiffy! Just wait in the waiting room." The nurse said as she cut off my story.

I let Buzz out of his Pokeball while I waited in the waiting room with a elbows on my knees and head down. What if Starly wasn't okay? I would feel horrible about myself.

But thankfully, after about an hour, Nurse Joy brought out the Starly and handed it to me.

She smiled politely. "Your Starly is fine, just a few cuts and bruises. Be more careful next time!"

"Thank you, Nurse. Will do. Have a good one." I said as I walked out the doors of the Pokemon Center.

"You too!" Nurse Joy called out.

When we got outside, I sat Starly on the sidewalk and got on my knees to talk to him.

"Look buddy, I'm really sorry. I was just trying to capture you... I didn't mean to hurt you like that."

The wild Starly just cocked its head and looked at me.

"So uh, you wanna join my team and travel with me?"

Starly straightened its head and let out a happy cry.

"Star! Star!"

I laughed at the Flying-types enthusiasm. "Awesome, then just get into this Pokeball, bud."

I looked at Star now, so big and strong. He had grown up so much since that day, just like I had. I was extremely proud of my partner, and proud to call him my friend.

I snapped out of the trance I was in; I had to focus on the task at hand: capturing this Skarmory.

"Alright, Star, time to make a new friend! Let's go easy on this guy, he's pretty young. I want you to start things off with a Sand-Attack, then use Double Team so he can't touch you!" I called out to the Flying-type.

Star let out a very intimidating battle cry that made the Skarmory cower in fear a bit, then he flew towards the Steel-type at full speed, pulling up inches away from him and blasting a ton of sand right in the young Pokemon's face. Immediately after, Star continued his flight straight up in the air as he started to create multiple copies of himself.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Hell yeah!" Ed exclaimed. He threw a PokeBall at his feet and a white flash revealed a Staraptor. I remembered that I'd seen it earlier at the gate and I approved of his taste. My own Staraptor had been with me a long time and he had just recently awoken his Hidden Power, which had come in very handy. Ed gazed at Star for a couple seconds, before giving out his orders.

"Alright, Star, time to make a new friend! Let's go easy on this guy, he's pretty young. I want you to start things off with a Sand-Attack, then use Double Team so he can't touch you!" Ed ordered.

The Staraptor screeched and flew towards the young Skarmory. His large clawed feet scratched at the ground as he flew, kicking up a cloud of dust towards the Steel-type bird. The rolling dustcloud moved across the Armour Bird Pokemon, but it didn't seem to mind. Instead, it jammed its wings into the ground. A small part of the rock wall to the Skarmory's right detached and shot towards Star, crashing into the large Normal-type. Star screeched as the hard rock scraped out some of his feathers.

The Skarmory didn't pause for a second. Its steel wings began to glow bright white and it flapped them violently, shooting towards Star quicker than I would have expected. Being a young Skarmory, it was probably faster than adult ones. On the other hand, it would definitely be weaker.

The Steel Wing attack collided into Star's chest, pushing him backwards. The Staraptor didn't look happy, but he followed through on his order - five clones suddenly shot out of him and blurred around the Skarmory. The young bird seemed confused - which of the images was the right one?

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Male Skarmory: 100%, ATK-1 (used Rock Tomb, Steel Wing)

Adamant Male Staraptor: 84%, EVA+1 (used Sand Attack, Double Team)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Dragon Type Repellant, Skarmory Voice Disk[FOUR USED]
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Spearow(?); Hasty Sigilyph(M); ??? Archeops(?); ??? Pidgeot(?); ??? Skarmory(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 7396 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Adamant Male Staraptor [Nicknamed Star] ACTIVE (TM Return, HM Fly <Intimidate Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Parkball x5
    Superball x3
    Hyperball
    Pokeplayer
    Energy Powder Plus
    Energy Powder x2

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Skarmory had managed to land a super effective Rock Tomb and a vicious Steel Wing on Star before my Flying-type could execute its Double Team. I was amazed by the young Skarmory's speed, and I was proud to see Star execute both Sand-Attack and Double Team, since Star is a very adamant Pokemon. It had taken me weeks of training to get Star to want to use non-attacking moves, but it was a battle that made him change his ways.

"How about we make this a two on two battle, standard rules?" The young man across the battlefield said to me.

I just nodded my head in agreement and pulled a Pokeball off of my belt.

"Diddy, go!" I shouted as I threw my Infernape's Pokeball to the center of the battlefield. A medium-height orange and white monkey emerged from the Pokeball, it glared at my opponent as the flame on its head began to grow, signifying he was ready to battle.

"Vector, you're up!" My opponent shouted as he also threw his Pokeball out onto the field. Out of the Pokeball emerged a large, blue, bipedal alligator-looking Pokemon. I recognized it as a Feraligatr; a rare Pokemon native to the Johto region.

"Diddy use Grass Knot!"

"Vector dodge it and use Aqua Tail!"

Infernape's eyes glow green as small grassy vines came out of the ground and started to wrap themselves around Vector's ankles, but Vector leaped in the air and did a flip, a large wave of crystal blue water was sent crashing towards Diddy from his tail.

"Diddy, Flare Blitz right through it!"

Diddy whipped his head around as the flame on his head covered his entire body and he began charging through the wall of water. There was an explosion of steam when the two moves made contact and Infernape managed to come out on the other side, fairly unharmed.

"Vector use Hydro Pump!"

"Mach Punch!" I called out as fast as I could once I heard the other trainer's order.

Vector cocked his head back and began to charge a Hydro Pump, but before he could execute it, Diddy hooked him right in his jaw, knocking him to the ground.

"Use Swords Dance while he's down."

Diddy stood straight and began to spin in circles, his flame covering his body as he did so. When he finished, his body had a faint red glow that made him look much stronger than he was before. But while Diddy was executing his Swords Dance, Vector had managed to get up to his feet.

"Vector, Aqua Tail again!"

"Get out of there, Diddy!"

Diddy obeyed and back flipped out of the way of the Aqua Tail and created a good twenty yards of separation between him and his opponent.

"Hydro Pump!"

"Overheat!"

Both Pokemon puffed their chests out and tilted their heads back, and launched their attacks at the same time. The glowing hot orange column of fire and the crystal blue jet of water collided at center field and covered the entire battlefield in steam. My opponent hesitated to give a command, and I jumped at the opportunity.

"Diddy, Thunder Punch! Go!"

Diddy charged forward through the wall of steam, his fist cackling with electrical energy. By the time Vector and his trainer saw Diddy coming, it was too late. Diddy landed a direct hit right to the face of his opponent, launching him in the air and causing him to land behind his trainer.

"Nice trick." My opponent said as he returned Vector to his Pokeball.

"Go, Ace!"

The trainer threw his second Pokeball on the field, revealing a medium-sized blue, white, and red bird Pokemon. I recognized it as a Swellow, a Pokemon native to the Hoenn region.

"Diddy use Thunder Punch!"

"Fly up in the air to dodge it."

Diddy charged the Flying-type and took a mighty swing at it, but it flew up in the air at the last second and Diddy completely missed, spinning around a few times from the force of the punch.

"Now, attack!"

"Stone Edge!"

Ace began to descend, heading directly towards Diddy. Three blue rings began to surround Diddy's body as small jagged stones formed on them and he launched them at the Flying-type, but Ace was able to deftly dodge them and continue its attack. It hit Diddy dead on, sending him flying back and laying on the ground.

"Aerial Ace while he's down!"

Ace was too fast, I couldn't even tell Diddy to get up before he was hit directly by the Aerial Ace attack, knocking him out.

I returned Diddy to his Pokeball and thanked him for battling, before throwing Star's Pokeball onto the battlefield.

Star flew high in the air and let out a battle cry, causing the Swellow to do the same.

"Quick Attack, Ace!"

"Same, Star!"

Both Pokemon charged each other, leaving behind a trail of white light. But Ace was much faster, and managed to dodge Star's and deliver a powerful blow.

"Star use Brave Bird!"

"Ace, use Quick Attack again!"

Star's body became engulfed in blue light as he began to charge his opponent, but the Swellow easily dodged the attack again and delivered another strong Quick Attack.

"He's too fast Star, use Agility to match him!"

Star shook his head no and began to charge at Ace with a Quick Attack, but Swellow easily dodged and hit Star with another Quick Attack.

"Dammit. Star fly straight up in the air!"

Star nodded and began to fly straight up in the air.

"Follow him and use Aerial Ace!"

Swellow took off also, instantly closing the distance between the two and nailing Star with a powerful Aerial Ace. Star fell a few yards before stopping himself, looking very tired. I wasn't sure how much more he could take.

"If you want to win this Star, you gotta use Agility. Come on, man!"

Star didn't say anything, he stayed still, staring at his opponent.

"Finish it off Ace, Giga Impact!"

Ace began to charge at Star, a purple, yellow, and mostly white aura surrounding it. Right before it hit Star, Star darted off at a blindingly fast speed, causing Ace to completely miss. He had used Agility.

I smiled. "Awesome, Star. Now that he sees your smarts, show him your sheer power! Brave Bird, full power!"

Star's body became engulfed in blue light once again as he charged towards his foe.

"Ace, dodge it!"

Ace attempted to dodge it, but Staraptor was much faster now, and hit the Swellow directly on its back, sending it slamming into the ground. Unconscious.

But nowadays, Star had no problem using status moves. He had become a complete battler. He already had raw strength and power, and then he added intelligence to his resume, making him almost unbeatable. And that's good, because I was going to need his brains if this plan I had was going to work. I figured if I could use status moves while the Skarmory attacked, I could tire out Skarmory and then use Endeavor once Star was at low health, making Skarmory an easy capture. It was going to take a while, but I knew if anyone could pull it off, it was Star.

"Alright Star, he's pretty fast, so use Agility so that you're faster no matter what! Then use your speed to get in his face and use Growl!"

Star and all his Double Team clones began to fly around the field at extremely fast speeds, getting faster every second. Then, all the copies surrounded the young Skarmory and each one let out a ferocious battle cry, the combined noise level of all the Staraptor clones was enough to make Chainy and I cringe and cover our ears, I could only imagine what it was like for the Skarmory.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast