Individual RP: BlazeMaster11 - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Individual RP: BlazeMaster11

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: BlazeMaster

Alex noticed the figure before I did. He looked at the small, brown, furry blob as it hurled itself at the boulders. I wasn't sure why the creature was doing it but I liked its determination and it looked strong.
    I watched as Alex got up and walked towards the Pokemon, lowering himself to a crouch. He kept on approaching the small creature, feet treading carefully on the crunching gravel of Mt. Oktori. Above us the sides of the mountain came up steeply, leaving only a small patch of cloudless sky.
    Alex paused and looked up.

"Look, it's a Swinub, do you want to capture it?" He asked. I thought for a moment. I loved the Swinub family and they would make a great addition to my team, but after the battle with Machop Chimchar would be tired and Seedot would be unfeasable against an Ice type. However they were strong Pokemon and Chimchar would have the advantage. The cliffs stared down at me, their gaze, formed by years of erosion, bearing down on me. The sky seemed to be staring down at me, waiting for my decision. I slowly walked forward, the gravel crunched underneath my feet, the cold mountain air creeping up my arm.

"OK, I'm going to go for this one," I announced to Alex. I pulled out the Poke Ball containing Chimchar.
    "Alright, Chimchar, we're going to have to start easy on this one, start off with a Fire spin attack!" Chimchar gathered flames in his mouth and shot them towards the Swinub in a brilliant orange inferno. The atmosphere was silent, waiting in expectation. Even though in essence Fire Spin was a weak move it would take a chunk out of an opponent's health every turn, making it a useful move, but also risky for trying to capture a wild Pokemon. The storm of fire moved towards its target. In my pocket I could feel a Park Ball, ready for this capture.
    What would happen?

@gmandiddy
    Last edited by BlazeMaster; 23rd March 2012 at 05:01 AM.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

BP 1
    Ranger Alex Thompson

"Alright, Chimchar, we're going to have to start easy on this one, start off with a Fire spin attack!"

Chimchar cried out loud and leaped into position. Alex had a small worry that Swinub would be a tricky customer compared to the Machop. Despite Chimchar having the advantage over Swinub by type, Chimchar was more drained, having just battled a couple of minutes ago. Alex ignored all these doubts and started to watch the match with a clear mind.

Chimchar started things off first and ran towards the cliff, which was running adjacent to the path. He used the cliffs as a jumping point and leaped up and planted both feet of the cliff. As his feet made contact with the cliff, Chimchar propelled himself outwards, flying through the air. Once Chimchar was in the air, the small monkey Pokemon started to rotate clockwise. As he rotated, his whole body was set alight; flames bursting out from every angle. The blazing Chimchar crashed down onto the small Swinub. The fires transferred from the Chimchar and swirled around the ice Pokemon.

Chimchar bounced back after colliding with Swinub and examined his work. Flames started to circle around Swinub, causing some damage to its skin. Swinub quickly opened its small pig-like mouth and produced a cool breeze towards Chimchar. The cool breeze had large crystalline snowflakes infused in the wind. As the wind bombarded against the skin of Chimchar, the large snowflakes made their way into the hinges of Chimchar. Chimchar’s limbs were now restricted and it meant that Chimchar couldn’t move as fast as it did before. Alex worked out that Swinub had used Icy Wind, a strategic move that decreases the speed of your opponent.

Alex looked ahead and wondered what Joe’s next move was.

@BlazeMaster

Battle Stats

? ? Swinub 89% Used: Icy Wind
    Adamant M Chimchar 60% Used: Fire Spin
    MCR: 1,811/9,000

BlazeMaster likes this.

Blog Entries

Chimchar fell through the air and released the inferno of flames towards Swinub. The Fire Spin attack enveloped the small brown Pokemon, singing its fur. Chimchar bounced back from the attacl, crying in triumph. Both Pokemon watched each other as an acrid stench started to steam off Swinub's fur. Swinub blew out an icy gust from its mouth, running over Chimchar slowly, his limbs slowly cruating up. Too late, I realised the extent of what the Icy Wind attack had done, but at keast he wasn't frozen, or worse.

I stood there, pondering what move I should use next. Maybe I should use a move that might increase Chimchar's speed, or a long distance move which would be less affected by the decrease in speed. A close range attack would be risky, especially if Swinub had a strategy. I might not have to attack this turn though, I thought. I could rest.

"OK, Chimchar, this time we're going to use Slack Off, I think that you deserve a rest," I told the Fire Monkey Pokemon. In Chimchar's current state Slack Off would almost entirely restore Chimchar's tiredness, leaving him ready to win the fight. This Swinub had spirit, and Chimchar would need as much to overcome it. I remembered back to the last time Chimchar had used Slack Off, in an environment similar to this

Chimchar started scrabbling at the rocks, trying to pull them from the mountainside. Finally, his job done, he flattened out the grass in preparation to lie down on it. The grass was a green dulled by years of living in the shade under the rocks to a dull almost grey colour. Suddenly I noticed that Swinub was preparing to use an attack. This was the only problem with Slack Off, it left Chimchar terribly exposed. But hopefully Fire Spin would help tire Swinub out. I looked up at the sky, the Sun was directly overhead,a few clouds had enterred the atmosphere and a flock of Flying types flew overhead. It might rain later, I thought. Let's hope I can catch Swinub before then
    Last edited by BlazeMaster; 25th March 2012 at 06:06 AM.

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

BP 2
    Ranger Alex Thompson

"OK, Chimchar, this time we're going to use Slack Off, I think that you deserve a rest," Joe said to his Pokemon. Alex knew that Slack Off was a move which restores energy to the user. Slack Off was an ideal move to use at the moment, as Chimchar was slowly getting low on health.

Alex watched as Chimchar raced up towards the cliff face and started to slash down on the side, removing small pieces of the cliff. The pieces cascaded down onto the road and formed a small outline of a bed. Then Chimchar looked up at the tree, which hung over the road, and leaped up onto the branch. With its small hands, Chimchar removed the leaves and guided them towards the space between the rocks. The leaves fell down and formed a comfy base for Chimchar to rest on. Alex smiled, he had never seen Slack Off used in this way; it was very interesting.

As Chimchar started to take a power nap, Swinub opened its mouth and started to form a small blue orb. The orb suddenly expanded and stopped when it was the size of a watermelon. Then the ground/ice Pokemon fired the orb into the sky. Once the orb was in the sky, it disappeared into the clouds. The clouds suddenly darkened and seconds later, water started to trickle down from the heavens. Then the fire that was circling Swinub intensified, burning the skin more. Alex then watched as the rain poured down around the flame and extinguished it.

Alex turned to Joe and said, "Wow, it seems that Swinub used the move Rain Dance. Therefore all long ranged fire attacks will not be as effective." The rain poured down all over the make shift bed, waking Chimchar up. The small Fire Pokemon shot out of the bed feeling refreshed and ready to battle.

@BlazeMaster

Battle Stats

? ? Swinub 80% Used: Rain Dance
    Adamant M Chimchar 100% Used: Slack Off
    MCR: 3,667/9,000

Blog Entries

Chimchar settled down for a well earned rest. It was just like last time, I thought. He started to doze off in his bed of leaves when Swinub prepared a Blue orb in its mouth. The orb shot into the atmosphere and the sky darkenned with clouds. I was right, a storm was coming. The rain pelted down, waking up the dozing Chimchar, sending him jumping indignantly from his resting place, fully refreshed. This was a new problem facing me. Alex was right, Rain Dance decreased the power of Fire type moves severely, making my chances of capturing it even slimmer. If I wanted a good chance then I had to think outside the box. He couldn't change the weather so he would just have to deal with it. I had an idea
    But I can change the weather I thought.

"Chimchar, come back for a moment and wait!" I said. I felt in my pocket for the Poke Ball containing Seedot. I threw the Poke Ball and Seedot jumped out.
    "Seedot, you come out and use Sunny Day, then switch with Chimchar, who'll use Flame Wheel!" I shouted at the two Pokemon. The plan was perfect, as long as Swinub did not intervene. I took shelter under the overhang of a cliff as the rain pelted down, hopefully not for much longer. I watched as Seedot formed a bright orange orb in his mouth, as bright as the Sun itself. Lightning cracked down on Mt. Oktori and the storm carried on unabated, undisturbed by this new potential influence. Water trickled down the ravine, pooling at my feet. If this plan worked I could turn the battle back in my favour. If it failed....

@gmandiddy
    Last edited by BlazeMaster; 25th March 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

BP 3
    Ranger Alex Thompson

"Chimchar, come back for a moment and wait!" Joe ordered. Chimchar quickly retreated back and stood in front of Joe waiting for the next command. Joe fished around in his pocket and withdrew a small red and white Pokeball and threw it into the air. The ball flew through the air and erupted open, creating a sudden white flash. A small Acorn emerged from the light and landed on the floor. In all his years of rangering, Alex had never seen a Seedot used in the park. It's two huge bold eyes bulged outwards and the small Acorn Pokemon leaped into the air, glad it was finally out of its Pokeball.

"Seedot, you come out and use Sunny Day, then switch with Chimchar, who'll use Flame Wheel!" Joe commanded. Alex had to give it to him, it was a good way to deal with the rain, and also the sun would boost Chimchar's fire attacks. Seedot nodded in agreement and opened its small mouth, producing a small orange orb. Like the orb produced by Swinub, the orange orb suddenly increased as Seedot was feeding it energy. The orb increased in size and moments later, Seedot fired the orb into the dark clouds above. The orb disappeared from sight, however soon the clouds parted; revealing the sun which shone down on the battle field. Alex was thankful the rain had stopped and turned and watched as Swinub started to leap up and down. As Swinub started to bounce up and down, the rocks on the top of the cliff started to move, slowly moving closer to the edge. Then the Swinub quickly ran towards the cliff face and rammed its head into the side, sending the rocks crashing down towards Seedot. The rocks tumbled down and sent Seedot flying towards Alex. Alex quickly reacted and held out his hands, catching the flying Acorn Pokemon. He placed him down beside Joe and watched as Chimchar and Seedot exchanged a small tap. Chimchar quickly ran towards Swinub and started to engulf himself with flames. He leaped into the air and tucked his legs into his stomach and started to rotate in the air. The sun's rays suddenly enhanced the sheer power of the flames and now Chimchar was falling down towards Swinub. Chimchar crashed into Swinub and quickly jumped back. Swimub slowly got back up onto her feet and looked at Chimchar, staring the Fire Pokemon in the eyes.

Then Swinub slammed her feet on the ground, creating a huge force surging through the ground. The force sent Chimchar flying in the air and crashing into the ground, metres away from Joe. The force continued and was directly on route to crash into the Joe and Alex. Alex quickly removed a small PokeBall from his belt and threw it into the air. The ball burst open and a shadow Pokemon landed on the floor. Alex quickly looked at Gengar and commanded, "Gengar, use Reflect!" Gengar quickly raised his hand and summoned a light blue shield around the trainers. The force crashed into the barrier and was absorbed by the barriers energy. Gengar slowly raised his hands and returned to Alex. Alex looked down at the Ghost Pokemon and replied, "Well Done, you can return to your Pokeball." He held his ball pointing towards Gengar and pressed the button on the front, returning the Pokemon to its ball.

He turned around and looked at the Swinub and started to worry for Joe. Swinub had access to a very destructive move which could change the battle completely.

@BlazeMaster

Battle Stats

? ? Swinub 47% Used: Rock Slide and Earthquake
    Adamant M Chimchar 73% Used: Flame Wheel
    MCR: 5,193/9,000

Blog Entries

The orb fired itself high into the sky, exploding and sending the clouds scurrying back. The Sun shone through even brighter than before and the puddles were already starting to dissipate. I didn't have time to celebrate, however, as soon Swinub started to beat her feet on the ground, rumbling the earth and sending pebbles trickling down the mountainside. Suddenly I realised what was about to happen. The Swinub rammed her head against the clifface and huge boulders tumbled down the mountainside as Swinub unleashed her powerful Rock Slide attack. It was amazing that the same Pokemon that had struggled to move the boulders could send such a powerful force falling down the mountainside. Marvelling at her power, my determination to capture such a powerful Pokemon was increased. The boulders crashed into Seedot and sent the Acorn Pokemon flying. I breathed a sigh of relief as Alex caught the tiny Pokemon. I should thank him later.

Chimchar came rushing out, engulfed in a wheel of flame. The disc of flame rolled towards Swinub, striking her hard, the move increased with the power of Sunny Day. He jumped back, looking satisfied and energised. I waited. Chimchar and Swinub both stared at each other. Swinub, with a glimmer in her eye, slammed her feet down on the ground, sending out a huge shockwave through the earth. I cursed myself. Swinub was half ground as well as Ice. Chimchar was thrown backwards and the shockwave started to approach us. However, Alex threw a Poke Ball into the air. A shadow came out and formed itself into a Gengar. The Pokemon used a Reflect attack and the shockwave bounced back. Once again I had to thank Alex.

I had to think. This battle could soon be over if I did nothing. I had to think. Swinub seemed quite resilient so most attacks would just bounce off him. I had one more trick up my sleeve, however. I would not fail.
    "Chimchar, use Flamethrower!" I shouted to my partner.
    Chimchar gathered a ball of fire in his mouth. Swinub looked on, amazed. I would show that Pokemon not to mess with my Pokemon again. It was strong, I admitted to myself, but it could fall, just like Machop. I took my coat off, Mt. Oktori was heating under the intensified Sun. Guess that's global warming for you. Chimchar shot out a jet of flame. What would happen next?

@gmandiddy
    Last edited by BlazeMaster; 27th March 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

Default Re: Individual RP: BlazeMaster11

BP 4
    Ranger Alex Thompson

"Chimchar, use Flamethrower!" Joe commanded to his Pokemon.

Chimchar opened its small mouth and started to gather energy. Alex knew that Flamethrower was a powerful move and with the sun’s power, Flamethrower was a move not to be messed around with. Alex turned around and looked over to the Swinub and noticed that it was preparing an attack. Chimchar noticed this and quickly fired off the attack, hoping to catch the Swinub off guard. Fire blasted out from the small fire chimp’s mouth and sent spiralling towards Swinub. The sun’s rays intensified the power of the attack, and the flames ignited. Alex quickly shielded his eyes from the sheer heat being expelled from the attack.

However Swinub had a quick idea and quickly fired a small pink orb a couple of metres ahead of him. As the orb left the mouth of Swinub, it expanded and formed into a large translucent barrier. The flames bombarded against the shield, trying to reach the Pokemon. After seconds of withstanding the heat, the shield broke and the rest of the flames cascaded towards Swinub. Swinub embraced himself and took the attack.

“That’s one smart Swinub. It used Light Screen just before the attack was about to hit, causing the power of the attack to decrease.” Alex said out loud. Sometimes he wished he was able to battle wild Pokemon while taking people on adventures or claiming the Pokemon people didn’t want to battle. Swinub slowly got back onto its feet and looked at Chimchar. The sun was still shinning down harshly and it looked like Swinub would only be able to withstand a couple more attacks.
    @BlazeMaster

Battle Stats

? ? Swinub 27% Used: Light Screen
    Adamant M Chimchar 73% Used: Flamethrower
    MCR: 7,493/9,000

Blog Entries

The jet of flame shot towards Swinub, flaring out as the Sun intensified it. It looked like it would hit Swinub square on, it could deal a great deal of damage. The flames lit up the battlefield, spiralling to a magnificent power. At the last moment Swinub formed a rose coloured orb in her mouth. The orb grew and shot out of Swinub's mouth, expanding to form a translucent shield. The barrier collided against the strengthenned Flamethrower attack, holding against the force. Please break I thought desperately.

The Light Screen suddenly shattered into a thousand transluscent pieces which in turn dissolved in the air around it. The Flamethrower broke through, now far less powerful than before. It collided into the hapless Swinub, sending it flying. It clambered to its feet, looking as strong as before. However I had a feeling that, despite Flamethrower's decrease in power, another hit would take out the Pokemon completely, and wreck my chances of a capture. I had to think carefully here, I would need to use a weak attack that wouldn't harm Swinub, but any close combat attacks would lose the decrease of the protection of Light Screen, but at the same time were far weaker. I could, however, think of one move that might be able to help us get out of the situation.
    "Chimchar use Facade!" I commanded. By itself Facade was quite a weak move unless Chimchar had a status condition. Right now weak attacks would be the most effective as a stronger variant might be a risky move.

Chimchar's sking started to glow. The small red Pokemon's skin coated itself with a yellow sheen and my partner stood up, back straight, looking proud of itself and stronger than before. His eyes glinted and a golden ball formed in his hands. The orb started to mould itself onto his fist and he ran towards Swinub, the brown furry Pokemon cowering. I looked on, worried that the attack might be too powerful. My starter ran forward and jumped into the air, about to hammer his fist down. I looked on with interest. What would happen next?

@gmandiddy

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

BP 5
    Ranger Alex Thompson

"Chimchar use Facade!" Joe commanded.

Chimchar started to run towards Swinub, accelerating even more quicker as he got closer. Alex started to wonder why Joe had ordered Chimchar to use Facade. It was only useful when the user is under a status condition, for example Burn, Paralysis or Poisoned. However Alex was surprised at how many times unexpected things pay off. Chimchar leaped into the air and raised his right hand. The right hand started to glow in a white colour. Normally if the user was under any status, the hand of the colour will transform into what status you have, increasing the power of the attack. Swinub looked up at Chimchar and watched as he slammed his right hand down onto his stomach. Swinub endured the pain and repelled Chimchar away by hitting him with his head.

Chimchar bounced back and looked at Swinub. He was tired and started to wobble around the place, trying to stand up straight. Then the Swinub suddenly opened his mouth and sent small ice crystals towards Chimchar. The ice crystals sliced against Chimchar and completely caught him off guard. Chimchar shrugged off the pain and focused back to the battle, hoping not be caught off guard.

"Joe, you might want to make the capture now or Chimchar could get more injured from the battle," Alex said to Joe.

@BlazeMaster

Battle Stats

? ? Swinub 14% Used: Ice Shard
    Adamant M Chimchar 62% Used: Facade
    MCR: 9,524/9,000

Blog Entries

Chimchar's fist glowed a bright white colour and ran forwards, accelerating into a sprint. He leapt forward and slammed the attack onto Swinub's belly, sending the Pokemon skidding away. Chimchar leapt away trying to avoid a nudge of the Ice type's head and crouched on the ground. That Slack Off Attack had really payed off and now he looked energetic. He stared at his opponent, waiting for an attack.

Swinub openned its mouth and a small group of crystals flew out. Before Chimchar had time to react the crystals scratched across Chimchar's body, sending him crashing to the ground. He quickly leapt to his feet, however, eager to prove himself.
    "Joe, you might want to make the capture now or Chimchar could get more injured from the battle," I heard Alex say behind me. He was right, I had to end this for Chimchar's sake. I felt in my pocket and grasped my fingers around the Park Ball. The small orb felt right in my hands, destined to be the one for Swinub.

I pressed the button and prepared it for capture. The ball expanded in my hands and I aimed it. I drew my arm back and threw the ball. It spun in the air, almost in slow motion. It started to release itself. I prayed that it would capture the Pokemon.

@gmandiddy

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

NBP 5
    Ranger Alex Thompson

Alex watched as Joe whipped out a small Parkball from his bag. He held the ball in his hand and pressed the button on the front. The ball quickly expanded, ready to be used to capture Swinub. He threw the ball towards Swinub. Alex hoped that Joe captured this Swinub, he had been battling it for some while now. The ball floated through the air and bounced off the skin of Swinub. It flipped open and sucked the ice Pokemon into the capsule. The capsule slammed shut and fell to the ground. It rolled around in the dirt, from left to right. Then it stopped and a successful ping echoed through the valley.

Alex walked towards the Pokeball, picked it up and placed it inside his bag for safe keeping. He turned around and faced Joe, "Congratulations, you are a proud owner of a Swinub. Would you like to continue?" Alex asked.

Blog Entries

The Park Ball bounced on Swinub's rough opened and swallowed the small Pokemon whole. It bounced on the dirt and rolled around for a moment.
    PING! The sound reverberated against the hard slate of Mt. Oktori. I had caught a Swinub! Alex walked briskly forward and placed the Poke Ball in his bag once again. I would have time later to look at Swinub.
    "Would you like to continue?" He asked. Something in my mind already told me my answer. There was so much more of Mt. Oktori to explore and I still had two Park Balls left. Two more Pokemon to catch.
    "Let's keep on going for now," I replied. "So, where do we go next?"

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

NBP 6
    Ranger Alex Thompson

Let's keep on going for now," Joe replied. "So, where do we go next?"

Alex looked around and decided to follow the path, through the valley. Alex picked up his bag and lead Joe through the Valley. It wasn't that far till they reached a cross road. Alex looked around at the surrounding landscape. The small thin valley leaded onto a large more wider one, about the size of a football stadium. In the middle of this valley was a large area with different types of rocks. Alex assumed that Pokemon would come here to train against the rocks, using them as dummies. Alex looked down into the middle and noticed a small figure bashing the rocks. Alex opened up his bag and withdrew a set of binoculars. He looked through them and passed them over to Joe.

"Hey Joe, look closely. It's a Mienshao." Joe said. Then Mienshao quickly looked over towards the direction of Joe and Alex and noticed the two trainers. Alex turned to Joe and said, "Want to battle this Mienshao? If you don't we should get going really quick. I've heard that they can be a deadly Pokemon when you are in their territory."

Blog Entries

I followed as Alex trecked up through the narrow valley, up to where the path forked off. The sight ahead stunned me. The valley opened up into a huge expanse, far bigger than anything I had seen so far. In the centre was a pile of boulders of varying colours and types. I wonder where they came from I gazed on at the scene as Alex passed me his binoculars. I looked down the binos and examined the pile of rocks. A long, sleek grey figure was moving amongst them, almost invisible due to its perfect camouflage. Alex identified it as a Mienshao. I had always longed for that Pokemon, but I knew the practicalities. My Park Balls were far too weak to even imagine catching one of them.
    "Not this time," I said to Alex. "Let's get on quickly,"

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast