Individual RP: Ataro - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: Ataro

Default Re: Individual RP: Ataro

Fataro did exactly as we had practiced all along and she soon smashed herself into the Farfetch'd who was just sitting there and not moving. It was probably tired by the pace of the battle and didn't have much stamina left. Once she touched ground, her two tails lighted up in a fiery ember and strike her foe with a dual Fire Punch.

The Farfetch'd was instantly knocked backwards and tumbled on the ground, flattening all the grass that he had rolled over. He finally managed to get up after some struggle, but was swaying back and forth unsteadily. After a while, he shook his head to get rid of the confusion, and dashed towards Fataro after a loud cry. Fataro didn't had enough time to react however, especially after performing a complex combination of moves. The bird's peak glowed briefly in a fuchsia purple color and I immediately knew what attack it was.

Don't poison, don't poison...

He then jabbed Fataro with a Poison Jab, making Fataro cry out in pain and surprise. As he tumbled backwards again after the impact, I noticed that the wound had bruised Fataro, but there were no signs of poison. I breathed a sign of relief, since I really didn't want any negative status conditions on my Pokemon. Farfetch'd meanwhile, was looking as confused as ever. It was as if he was drunk.

"Fataro, give it one last Swift and we will go for a capture. Watch out for the strength of your attack though, remember to tune it down. We want it alive still," I reminded Fataro again. I then grabbed a Park Ball from my bag and prepared to throw it once Farfetch'd's health was lowered further by Swift.

@WinterVines
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

@Ataro;

NBP#4

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

The Trainer clenched his fists as he watched his Pokemon attack. He was probably looking for one of Poison Jab's other side effects—poison. However, Fataro seemed just fine, so he let out a sigh of relief. Ivy could tell that this battle was winding down. A drunken Farfetch'd did not a good fighter make.

“Fataro, give it one last Swift and we will go for a capture,” Ataro said.

Normally, repeating the same techniques wasn't very effective in shorter battles like these unless the user performed them in a different way. The wild Pokemon were tuned into battle, so they could easily spot body movements of repeat moves and tended to mostly avoid them.

In this case, the duck was too tired to do that. He didn't even try to form any sort of counterattack as the pink Ambipom swished her tails, making those star-shaped energy pockets form again. They ran at Farfetch'd in a straight line this time, not needing a different formation to seek the target since he was in plain sight.

The bird didn't even let out a cry of hurt or anything. As the starts his his chest, he plopped down on his behind, and his leek sat motionless on the ground. He was just too tired.

Ataro took his chance and threw his Park Ball, and the device bounced off of Farfetch'd's bill before sucking him up in a beam of red light. The ball didn't even shake as it hit the ground, and the center immediately lit up in red, signaling a success.

“Congratulations,” Ivy said, walking the short way to the ball so she could put it in her pocket. “Do you want to take a rest for a few minutes or keep going? And were you looking for other Normal-types?”

---

Current Battle Stats: N/A

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Ataro
    Encounters Remaining: 12
    Area Effects: It's pleasantly warm.

Pokémon Encountered: Yanma, Surskit, Farfetch'd
    Pokémon Captured: Calm M Farfetch'd
    MCR: 0

Items: Supreme Park Ball ; Status Bomb Bundle ; Calming Fragrance Plus ; Escape Package (Pokedoll + Poketoy + Fluffy Tail + Slowpoke Tail) ; Pokeplayer ; Borderline Voice Disk – Farfetch’d ; Borderline Voice Disk – Spinda ; Intermediate Voice Disk – Castform ; Intermediate Voice Disk – Zangoose ; Pokedoll x5 ; Park Ball x2 ; Super Ball x2 ; Hyper Ball x2 ; Digital Camera ; Apricorn Box

Pokémon Stats

Jolly M Ambipom
    Ability: Technician
    EMs: aerial ace, attract, brick break, captivate, curse, cut, defense curl, dig, double team, dream eater, dynamicpunch, endure, facade, fire punch, focus punch, giga impact, grass knot, headbutt, hidden power [ghost], hone claws, hyper beam, ice punch, iron tail, low sweep, mud-slap, payback, protect, rain dance, rest, retaliate, return, rock smash, secret power, shadow ball, shadow claw, shock wave, sleep talk, snatch, snore, solarbeam, strength, substitute, sunny day, swagger, taunt, thunder, thunderbolt, thunderpunch, thunder wave, toxic, u-turn, water pulse, work up, counter (bm), double edge (mt), fake out (bm), knock off (mt), low kick (mt), pursuit (bm), seed bomb (mt), switcheroo (bm)

Sassy F Ambipom @ 68%
    Ability: Pick Up
    EMs: aerial ace, attract, brick break, cut, detect, facade, fire punch, focus punch, hidden power [rock], ice punch, rest, return, rock smash, shadow ball, shadow claw, snatch, strength, substitute, taunt, thunder, thunderbolt, thunderpunch, thunder wave, u-turn, water pulse, work up, counter (bm), double-edge (mt), fake out (bm), low kick (mt), seed bomb (mt)
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

As Fataro performed a repeat of the Swift attack, the Farfetch'd didn't even try to dodge or anything but took the attack face-flat. He was probably way too tired to move and didn't bothered doing anything else. He didn't even bother to make any sounds too. I took the opportunity and quickly threw the Park Ball that I had, which promptly captured the Farfetch'd by sealing shut immediately. The Farfetch'd didn't even put up any form of struggle.

“Congratulations,” Ivy said, as she walked over to the capture device to pick it up. “Do you want to take a rest for a few minutes or keep going? And were you looking for other Normal-types?”

"Yeah, let's try for Spinda next," I said, and patted Fataro's head to thank her for her help. After that, I took out a different Voice Disk. Taking the Farfetch'd Voice Disk out and handing it over to Ataro, I then popped in the Spinda one, before placing the Farfetch'd disk back into my bag.

These Voice Disks had the ability to rerecord voices, so it would be very stupid of me to just throw them away. I'd just pay a small fee to rerecord another Pokemon's voice in it later on. I decided to go for Spinda first as well; I figured I should leave the hardest Pokemon for last. Farfetch'd had left Fataro quite exhausted. Though she was still capable of battling, she was no longer in tip top shape. I didn't brought along Miltank to heal them up as well.

I pressed the 'Play' button again and the cry of Spinda echoed through the woods. I have been wanting one of these Pokemon for quite some time now. They were not only cuddly and adorable, but they had a usual niche in battling alongside Slaking since they had the ability to help Slaking get rid of its ability that hindered it. They were very special as well, for each Spinda had their own unique set of spots. I then waited for my ranger to lead me around the woods again. If our luck is good, Spinda just might appear anytime soon.

@WinterVines

@Ataro;

NBP#5

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

The Trainer was in fact looking for more normal types. A lot of type collectors came to the Park, since this was the best place to find more rare Pokemon. They had accounts of at least one Pokemon from every species seen here. It sometimes just took a long time to find them.

“Yeah, let's try for Spinda next,” he answered, taking out his Farfetch'd voice disk and putting in another one. He pressed play and a Spinda's cry rang out. They waited a minute for the sound to travel, and Ataro patted his pink monkey on the head for doing a good job.

Nothing popped up right away, but she didn't really expect it too. Voice disks were tricky—they only covered a certain area, so it was better to travel around while the sound played so that Pokemon could hear it. Sometimes the matching Pokemon still couldn't hear the disk, but it was better than wandering around blindly when a Trainer was looking for a specific type.

Ivy decided to keep leading them through the underbrush. He had gotten lucky with the Farfetch'd being in this area, and she hoped the trend would continue. Eventually the trees got a little denser, and some of the wild grass was only a few inches above the ground instead of closer to a foot. Then, there was a drop-off as the landscape sloped down sharply.

The Ranger put her hand on one of the trees on the edge so she wouldn't fall down abruptly. It looked like they could use the trees rooted into the hill to slow their momentum going down. That way none of them should get hurt. Then again, if she had fallen, there was the chance that Haji would've caught her with his Psychic energy.

“Something is there,” he told her suddenly, within her mind. She peeled her eyes sharply, and eventually she saw the Pokemon he was talking about.

A pair of beady yellow eyes were staring up at them from the bottom of the slope. It had a blue almond-shaped body, with little nubs for hands and feet. Yellow scales covered its stomach, and it had something of a fork spike on top of its head.

“There's a Karrablast down there,” she told Ataro. “Not quite to Spinda yet, but do you want to take a shot at it?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Karrablast: 100%

Area Effects: Spinda Disk: 1/5

---

Trainer Stats

Encounters Remaining: 11

Pokémon Encountered: Yanma, Surskit, Farfetch'd, Karrablast
    MCR: 0/9,000 [Uncommon]

Items: Supreme Park Ball ; Status Bomb Bundle ; Calming Fragrance Plus ; Escape Package (Pokedoll + Poketoy + Fluffy Tail + Slowpoke Tail) ; Pokeplayer ; Borderline Voice Disk – Farfetch’d ; Borderline Voice Disk – Spinda ; Intermediate Voice Disk – Castform ; Intermediate Voice Disk – Zangoose ; Pokedoll x5 ; Park Ball x2 ; Super Ball x2 ; Hyper Ball x2 ; Digital Camera ; Apricorn Box

Pokémon Stats

Jolly M Ambipom
    EMs: aerial ace, attract, brick break, captivate, curse, cut, defense curl, dig, double team, dream eater, dynamicpunch, endure, facade, fire punch, focus punch, giga impact, grass knot, headbutt, hidden power [ghost], hone claws, hyper beam, ice punch, iron tail, low sweep, mud-slap, payback, protect, rain dance, rest, retaliate, return, rock smash, secret power, shadow ball, shadow claw, shock wave, sleep talk, snatch, snore, solarbeam, strength, substitute, sunny day, swagger, taunt, thunder, thunderbolt, thunderpunch, thunder wave, toxic, u-turn, water pulse, work up, counter (bm), double edge (mt), fake out (bm), knock off (mt), low kick (mt), pursuit (bm), seed bomb (mt), switcheroo (bm)

Sassy F Ambipom @ 68%
    EMs: aerial ace, attract, brick break, cut, detect, facade, fire punch, focus punch, hidden power [rock], ice punch, rest, return, rock smash, shadow ball, shadow claw, snatch, strength, substitute, taunt, thunder, thunderbolt, thunderpunch, thunder wave, u-turn, water pulse, work up, counter (bm), double-edge (mt), fake out (bm), low kick (mt), seed bomb (mt)
    URPG Stats

We waited for a while but it didn't seemed like we were in close proximity with a Spinda. Ivy decided to lead me through the underbrush. We continued walking but the landscape had sloped down sharply here. Ivy quickly placed her hand on one of the trees cautiously and I followed suit. It was best to follow what my ranger did if I am going to avoid trouble.

Her attention was switched to her Espeon suddenly. I imagined them to be communicating telepathically. She then traced her gazed over to the bottom of the slope. True enough, there was something there. It was a Bug-type Pokemon. Rather small-sized, and was colored in shades of blue and yellow. Nothing too interesting. Karrablast and Escavalier were not exactly so good that I would want one for myself. Their counterpart on the other hand - Shelgor and Accelgor - were much better.

“There's a Karrablast down there,” she said. “Not quite to Spinda yet, but do you want to take a shot at it?”

"Nah, I will pass it up. Let's try and ignore it. If not, I'm gonna have to use a Pokedoll," I replied, and reached into my bag for a Pokedoll just in case.

@WinterVines

@Ataro;

NBP#6

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Ataro came up to the ledge to stand by Ivy so he could look down the hill. He braced himself against a tree the same way too, not wanting to fall. He looked down at the Pokemon waiting for them and shook his head.

“Nah, I will pass it up. Let's try and ignore it. If not, I'm gonna have to use a Pokedoll,” he said.

He started reaching into his back for the escape aid, but then the Karrablast moved. It took one look at them, slid its eyes over to Haji, and then slunk away into the grasses without any fuss. Ivy just shrugged. Maybe it had felt threatened by the Espeon. That wouldn't have been the first time, since a lot of Pokemon could feel his energy. There was a lot of it.

Either way, it let them descend the hill without worrying about a Pokemon attacking them. “Careful here,” she said. “It's really easy to trip and break and ankle on these types of slopes.” She leaned backward a bit and tried to move slow to each tree as a stopping point, not letting herself build up too much speed so that her momentum would drag her down the hill food over head.

Finally they reached the bottom and carried on. As they got deeper into the woods, she started to recognize the scenery a little better, thanks to a recent incident. She rotated her wrists subconsciously as they came up to an elevated seemingly man-made dirt road sloping down into the forest even further. She stepped up on it, and the crunching dust made her remember running into poachers here as they were trying to kidnap some Dwebble. Sometimes her limbs still went numb from the stun guns they had used.

“Looks like no poachers today,” she said instead, smiling toward the Trainer. It wasn't good to get lost in thought.

She didn't see a Spinda, or any Pokemon really, and she was about to head down the dirt path for giggles when Haji's energy suddenly spiked against her mind. She was about to ask him what the matter was when she looked up the path, into the trees where the slope started.

The crunching of dirt gave the purple-colored Pokemon away. Ivy could only stare as a metal insect stood between the trees, looking in their direction. Its cannon hovered ominously above its head, although she didn't think it was going to offer violence. She had never seen this legendary Pokemon before.

“Genesect...” she whispered, partly in awe and partly in case Ataro hadn't noticed.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Gensect: 100%

Area Effects: Spinda Disk: 2/5

---

Trainer Stats

Encounters Remaining: 10

Pokémon Encountered: Yanma, Surskit, Farfetch'd, Karrablast, Genesect
    MCR: 0 [N/A]

Pokémon Stats

Jolly M Ambipom

Sassy F Ambipom @ 68%
    URPG Stats

The Karrablast took one look at us and slid back into the grasses without much trouble caused. I put back the Pokedoll since I wasn't going to need it now, and I really didn't want to drop it or lose it. Those costed me money.

“Careful here,” Ivy said. “It's really easy to trip and break and ankle on these types of slopes.”

I couldn't help but raised an eyebrow. That certainly sounded dangerous. I noticed that Ivy had leaned backwards a little and was moving slowly from tree to tree, using those as her stopping points for balancing. It sort of worked like a checkpoint. I mimicked her movements and it was kind of funny. I was basically doing everything that she did. Meanwhile, my two Ambipom didn't seem to have as much trouble as us. They were busily hopping down the slopes using their tails.

Why did they seem to have such a great sense of balance? I frowned at that thought. I was certainly envious now.

Regardless, I took my way down even slower than Ivy had. If anything, she was much more skilled in traversing the slope, while I took my own sweet time for fear of falling. We finally got down ... I mean, I finally got down, and Ivy led me to explore deeper into the woods. I took a glance at my two Ambipom, since I realized that I was not paying them much attention. They seemed well though, we were bonded enough for them to not mind or be bothered even if I wasn't always paying attention to them. When I looked up, I realized that Ivy was rotating her wrists, or clenching them. I wasn't too sure. She was probably either flexing or thinking about some stuff, I guess.

“Looks like no poachers today,” Ivy said, and smiled at me.

I was a little confused. I have never seen poachers in the woods nor heard of them before. Could it be that Ivy had seen them before? I wondered what happened though. Poachers are known to be cold-blooded and they will stop at nothing to get what they want. The thought of it just makes me shudder.

“Genesect...” Ivy whispered now.

Very surprising. I looked in the direction of where Ivy and her Espeon's were gazing at, and there it was. This creature was the newest legendary Pokemon ever discovered and it was said that it was an outer-space Pokemon. Or more of an alien, I think. I can't really remember. It did give me the shudder too though, it looks kind of dangerous and violent.

"Well, time to document this Genesect down!" I said, and dug out my camera to take a quick snapshot of it. Hopefully, Spinda would appear soon.

@WinterVines

@Ataro;

NBP#7

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Out of the corner of her eye, Ivy saw Ataro take out a camera. Like most Trainers, he seemed excited to get a picture of a legendary Pokemon. She didn't blame him—some people back at the office paid people to take pictures of rare wild Pokemon. He could probably get a good price for this one. It would help add to his Trainer funds, as she knew that could be an expensive venture.

The camera flashed, and she saw the metal bug blink. It didn't react violently at all. Instead, it simply turned and walked deeper into the forest. Ivy let out a breath she hadn't known she'd been holding. It didn't matter how many times she saw a legend; they still inspired awe in her. Even though it was from far away, unlike the Cobalion that had actually spoken to her in Oktori, Genesect was still impressive. As a Ranger, she felt a sort of kinship with them. They were both protectors of the other Pokemon.

She contined down the man-made slope for a while before she decided to veer off into the scenery again. She had no desire to revisit the place she had confronted the poachers. Ataro's voice disk sounded again, but nothing came out to greet them immediately. They probably weren't in range yet.

Eventually the sound of running water caught her attention, and she headed for it. The trees were big and leafy now, letting in gentle streams of sunlight. Soon they came to the small stream that wormed its way through the forest. It was narrow enough to cross here, where the vegetation had been pulled back for a small shoreline with a couple of trees on either side. It was only about three feet across, easy enough for a tall person's step or a little jump.

Soon through, she heard a very small noise somewhere close to her. If she hadn't been listening for a Spinda, she probably would've missed in entirely. She turned her head to the left to look at one of the trees near the bank. A small, yellow bug was looking at them, skittering up and down the bark. Even though it was bright in color, it was small enough that she would've missed it had she not heard it.

“Oh, here's a Joltik,” she told Ataro. “Looks like Spinda hasn't heard your disk yet, so do you wanna battle this one?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Joltik: 100%

Area Effects: Spinda Disk: 3/5

---

Trainer Stats

Encounters Remaining: 9

Pokémon Encountered: Yanma, Surskit, Farfetch'd, Karrablast, Genesect, Joltik
    MCR: 2,492/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Pokémon Stats

Jolly M Ambipom

Sassy F Ambipom @ 68%
    URPG Stats

The camera flashed, and the Genesect blinked briefly. Thankfully, the Genesect didn't react violently, but simply turned and walked deeper into the forest. I felt kind of bad now, for assuming that it was dangerous and violent. I couldn't help it though. As compared to several other legends in its class in other generations like Mewtwo and Deoxys, Genesect simply looked terrifying.

My voice disk continued to sound as we wandered around the woods, but nothing came in sight. After a while, she increased her pace and seemed to walked into a specific direction. There was a sound of running water, and that was probably where she was leading me towards. I was getting excited. Could it be a Spinda that is drinking water from some sort of spring or waterfall? Hopefully!

I didn't really focus much on my surroundings this time. I was basically zooming my sight to scan for any trace of water, to find my Spinda. When we finally reached a clearing, it was a river-like bank and I traced my eyes to the sound of a whimper. It was somewhere near one of the trees...

Oh. It was definitely not a Spinda. The Joltik was crawling back and forth, around and about the tree barks. This Pokemon was not particularly my favorite. It had resembled spiders, and I didn't really enjoy the company of spiders.

“Oh, here's a Joltik,” Ivy announced. “Looks like Spinda hasn't heard your disk yet, so do you wanna battle this one?”

"Definitely nope. Let's move on. Joltik creeps me out," I said.

@WinterVines

@Ataro;

NBP#8

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Ataro shook his head almost immediately after she asked her question. “Definitely nope. Let's move on. Joltik creeps me out,” he said.

Ivy couldn't really blame him. Bug-types, and other insects in general, tended to freak people out. Joltik was a spider on top of that, which hit a nerve for many people. She was glad she wasn't one of them. This yellow bug was super small too, and she had read a couple fake horror stories about them enough to give her the chills. Still, she thought it was sort of cute.

The bug made a noise and then scampered up to the top of the tree, out of sight in the foliage. Ivy just shrugged and continued on. She had only witnessed one fight with the yellow spider, and it had been a real challenge for the Trainer because of the bug's size. It had ended up stringing an electric web through the trees, trapping the Trainer's Ninetales, putting her in a hard place if she didn't want to burn the forest down.

They continued on, and the trees became more jungle-like. The greens of the leaves were more diverse, and vines strung from the tops to hang down within reach. Branches arced over the path, and the canopy became thicker, giving the path spots of decorative shadows as they blocked the sun.

After a while, the hairs on the back of her neck began to prickle. She thought something was following them. She kept walking, however, since a lot of predators left you alone if you ignored them. They were looking for a reaction—preferably someone trying to run.

“Something watches,” Haji said against her mind, and she nodded.

“Where?” she asked the Espeon quietly as she stopped.

Haji's energy flickered through her, and she got a visual map in her mind, seeing through the purple cat's eyes. She looked up to her left, and just as he indicated, there was a Pokemon watching them. A feline form was perched up on an overhanging branch, peering down at them with ruby eyes. Its cream-colored coat was hidden in shadow, but Ivy could see its tail flicking back and forth. It was ready for mischief.

Ivy turned to look at Ataro. “There's a Persian up in that tree. Do you want to battle it or try and get past it? Cats are funny, so I'm not sure what it'll do.”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Persian: 100%

Area Effects: Spinda Disk: 4/5

---

Trainer Stats

Encounters Remaining: 8

Pokémon Encountered: Yanma, Surskit, Farfetch'd, Karrablast, Genesect, Joltik, Persian
    MCR: 0/25,000 [Intermediate Rank]

Pokémon Stats

Jolly M Ambipom

Sassy F Ambipom @ 68%
    URPG Stats

The Joltik had climbed back onto a tree and soon disappeared out of sight. Luckily, it automatically went away. That meant that I was able to save up on a Pokedoll. As we progressed further, I noticed that the forest was becoming more of a jungle now. The trees were much taller in this area, plus the leaves and branches were much more stretched out now.

There were several vines hanging down from the trees as well. I suppose if it came down to a battle, either Ataro or Fataro could make use of the vines since they were pretty adept at climbing and balancing with their tails. It could give us a possible advantage in combat.

Ivy whispered to her Espeon as I was thinking about the possible ways to battle using our surroundings. I wasn't quite sure what she had said but she had looked over to an overhanging thick branch now. On it, was a Persian that was staring at us somewhat curiously. I was never a fan of Persisn that much, for I had preferred their pre-evolution - Meowth - so much more.

Ivy turned to look at me. “There's a Persian up in that tree. Do you want to battle it or try and get past it? Cats are funny, so I'm not sure what it'll do.”

"Cats are funny?" I asked, a little confused at that statement. "Oh and nah, no Persian for me."

I was prepared to use one of my Pokedoll against this Persian if need be. I had a sort of feeling that Persian wouldn't leave us alone that easily, but I sure hoped my feeling was wrong.

@WinterVines

@Ataro;

NBP#9

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

“Cats are funny?” he asked, unsure of what Ivy meant. “Oh, and nah, no Persian for me.”

“Funny as in there's no telling what they're up to. One minute they're calm, the next, they pounce,” she answered.

Before she could comment further, the cat moved. It did a lazy stretch, hunching its back like in the Halloween pictures of black ones. Then, it gave them a mischievous look and jumped to another tree, showing off its abilities. Thankfully, it kept going, eventually traveling far enough that it was out of sight.

“Looks like it didn't want to mess around today. That's probably a good thing,” she said as she led them on.

She heard Ataro's voice disk call out again, and she thought that that was probably the fifth and final round of it. Headquarters set it up that it only played five tracks per disk, in an attempt to be fair to the wild Pokemon and balance cost. There was no rules against playing multiple disks for the same species, Trainers just had to pay for it. It wasn't a bad system. At least now the disks didn't glitch and break after running through all the tracks.

She kept going through the forest, and eventually they came to another clearing of sorts—only she was pretty sure it hadn't started out as a clearing. Grass was stomped down everywhere, and trees were broken and cracked off at about knee length. Many of them were also in shattered pieces on the ground, like something had stepped all over the wood after it had fallen.

Ivy had a brief moment of panic as she imagined the work of poachers. Had they come back? If they did, she needed to call for backup ASAP. She had a Trainer with her, and his safety was her first priority. Poachers didn't mess around.

Right when she was reaching for her radio, a large exhale of breath turned her head to the right. In the darkness of the trees that were still standing, the shape of a Pokemon could be made out. It stepped a little into the light, and Ivy recognized it. The purple dinosaur lumbered a little closer on two massive hind legs, and his spiked tail swung ominously behind him. There were scars all over his body, like he had been born fighting.

“Uh oh, it's a Nidoking,” she said. “I guess I'm glad poachers didn't do this, but these guys can get just as violent, and this one doesn't look too happy to see us. You might be able to scare it away—unless you want to battle. What do you want to do, Ataro?”

A new discovery had recognized that Nidoking could get an additional ability to those already documented—Sheer Force. It prioritized power over technique, and in some cases, the Pokemon using it became brutal as well because it got into the forceful mood. Whatever Ataro decided, he would need to be careful.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Nidoking: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

Encounters Remaining: 7

Pokémon Encountered: Yanma, Surskit, Farfetch'd, Karrablast, Genesect, Joltik, Persian, Nidoking
    MCR: 0/45,000 [Special Rank]

Picture Value: 2,500

Pokémon Stats

Jolly M Ambipom

Sassy F Ambipom @ 68%
    URPG Stats

“Funny as in there's no telling what they're up to. One minute they're calm, the next, they pounce,” she answered.

I thought about it for a while. She was probably right. Especially Pokemon like Persian. They tend to do it for some weird reason. The Persian stretched briefly before giving us some sort of grin, and hopped over to another tree easily. It seemed to me as if it as showing off its ability though.

“Looks like it didn't want to mess around today. That's probably a good thing,” she said as she led them on.

True that. It becomes especially enjoyable when you manage to capture the Pokemon that you want, and escape easily from the ones that you don't. It was not everyday that good luck like these occurred. Speaking of luck, there wasn't much luck for the second voice disk. We were already on the forth of fifth track of the disk, and that was really the maximum that one can use a voice disk per round. I could use another one, sure, but just not this same one. Spinda still wasn't appearing and chances were really slim now. I might have to come back another day just to catch Spinda, like what happened with Castform. That however, means that I have another opened slot for another Pokemon to fill in. Unless Zangoose doesn't appear later on as well, I'd have to capture two filler Pokemon then, just to make the best out of this round in the Park.

We had reached another clearing. This time, there were many broken trees and they had cracked off at about knee length. It certainly seemed like someone damaged these if you asked me. Ivy started panicking all of a sudden. I wasn't sure what was going on but I certainly didn't want to disturb her in times like these. She quickly reached for her radio but turned to the right after she had heard something. I followed suit, and realized that it was a large Poison-type Pokemon. Nidoking.

“Uh oh, it's a Nidoking,” Ivy said. “I guess I'm glad poachers didn't do this, but these guys can get just as violent, and this one doesn't look too happy to see us. You might be able to scare it away—unless you want to battle. What do you want to do, Ataro?”

Nidoking was definitely an interesting Pokemon. It was one of the few Pokemon out of the six-hundreds, that was among the first generation of discovered Pokemon. Not only that, it had also received a new ability in the form of Sheer Force, in the new generation. That severely pumped up its power. I wasn't really interested in capturing a Nidoking though. It would take too much work, when I could have just purchased a Nidoran in the PokeMart, or simply capture a Nidoran itself if I really wanted one. Pokemon like Nidoking were certainly dangerous though.

"Let's try and skip this one. Hopefully it will leave us alone," I said. No, actually... "Wait, let's take a picture of it instead. What better way to escape from the Pokemon by taking a picture of it? Genius!"

I quickly took out the camera and took a second snapshot, this time of Nidoking.

@WinterVines
    Last edited by Ataro; 26th March 2013 at 08:25 AM.

@Ataro;

NBP#10

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

“Let's try and skip this one,” Ataro answered. “Hopefully it will leave us alone.” Ivy nodded and made to move away, but then the Trainer got another thought. “Wait,” he said. “Let's take a picture of it instead.”

She watched as he dug out his camera once again, keeping an eye on the Nidoking too. If it started rampaging, she and Haji might have to step in. While she didn't like disturbing the wild Pokemon, the safety of the Trainer she was guiding came first, and she would act if she had to. She was pretty sure her Espeon could handle this behemoth if need be.

The Trainer lined up the shot, and when he clicked the button, the flash lit up the clearing, bouncing light off of the trees and brightening up Nidoking's dark patch. She saw him blink slowly, and he came to a stop. The Poison-type shook his head briefly as if the flash had bothered him, and then he changed direction and lumbered back into the woods.

The Ranger let out a sigh. “I'm glad that worked,” she said. “You're likely to get a decent fee for it back at headquarters too, if you'd want to part with it. Let's keep going in case he wants to come back.”

They traveled on, and this time they came to a wooded patch where all the trees seemed to be uniform. They were all the same type and size, about the width of a basketball with tops that reached toward the sky. They all seemed to be a few feet apart in a grid-like pattern. It must've been one of the reforestation projects they had undergone with in the past to restore forest habitats.

She saw tiny flashes of light that would appear for a second and thought that it was the sunlight filtering through. However, she caught the brightness again off to her left, and it was nowhere near the canopy. It caused Ivy to stop.

“That's weird,” she said, right before a Pokemon came whooshing down from the trees.

“Ill!” it said as it stopped, tiny clear wings fluttering rapidly.

It had a small black and blue body with a purple bob on its head that looked an awful lot like a stylish haircut. She recognized the bug type as Illumise, another Pokemon that had recently been discovered with a new ability—Prankster. She had heard it was in high demand back on the mainland.

“Looks like your Spinda disk didn't work out, but are you interested in this Illumise? I hear they're getting popular. You'll still have the option of taking home three Pokemon even if you don't find exactly what you're looking for.”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Illumise: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

Encounters Remaining: 6

Pokémon Encountered: Yanma, Surskit, Farfetch'd, Karrablast, Genesect, Joltik, Persian, Nidoking, Illumise
    MCR: 0/15,000 [Borderline Rank]

Picture Value: 3,500

Pokémon Stats

Jolly M Ambipom

Sassy F Ambipom @ 68%
    URPG Stats

“I'm glad that worked,” Ivy said. “You're likely to get a decent fee for it back at headquarters too, if you'd want to part with it. Let's keep going in case he wants to come back.”

Yep, Nidoking had only blinked harmlessly while I was taking a snapshot of it. I mean it was possible that Nidoking would probably be angered by the flash and start going on a rampage and hammer the wits out of us, but I honestly feel that we'd be safe enough with three highly-trained Pokemon with us.

As we travelled on, this part of the woods was quite different now. The earlier parts had differing layers of canopies and the landscape had always differed, but the trees here had looked as if they were photocopied and duplicated in one-by-one. It was probably a man-made restoration part of the woods in order to enlarge the area.

“That's weird,” Ivy said.

I was about to question what she had said, when a Pokemon came swooshing down out of nowhere. I guessed I wasn't really paying much attention to my surroundings. We had gone on on the run for a while and it was probably around the early afternoon now. I sure could use a break back at either the office or at home.

“Looks like your Spinda disk didn't work out, but are you interested in this Illumise? I hear they're getting popular. You'll still have the option of taking home three Pokemon even if you don't find exactly what you're looking for.”

That was a tempting advice, or offer. The only real reason I would capture a Illumise would be because of its newly discovered ability - Prankster. Sure, it was cute and all but it really was not the cutest Pokemon out there. It's decent enough, I guess. There didn't seem to be much encounter chances left though, perhaps Illumise could take up Spinda's slot. I mean I could just find someone who would want an Illumise and make a trade offer for it. Why not.

"Ok Fataro, this is yours again. Ataro, I need you to conserve your energy for the potential Zangoose battle later on," I explained. I was not going to have Ataro go all outraged and rampaging on me just because I kept using Fataro instead of him. "Let's try to do this quick. Get in close with Detect and once you're right beside it, strike it with a close-ranged Fire Punch, and immediately follow up with a Hidden Power."

Detect was really just a safety net. I wanted Fataro to get in close so that she could deal some extra damage with the close proximity that she had. Since she had to run forward to Illumise, I figured she could just make use of Detect as well, to avoid any possible attacks that was directed at her while she was running. My attack calls are quite basic this time round, but they were harder to perform in terms of stamina-wise, since Fataro would have to perform an evasive move while running, and follow up with two offensive attacks after that. I could only hoped it worked.

Hidden Power was one of her favorite moves anyway - she had a thing for those beautiful orbs of mysterious energy. Her Hidden Power was Rock as well. That would work hand-in-hand with Fire Punch for some close-ranged super effective damages. Speaking of these moves mechanics, I had suddenly recalled that I had Pickup on Fataro. She didn't seemed to have picked up any stuff though. I had purchased and brought in an Apricorn Case as well, but we didn't seemed to find any apricorns around the woods while we were walking around.

Pity. If I had those apricorns, I could actually make then into Apricorn Balls. Well, exchange. It's relatively the same I guess, since I exchange them to the staff for them to make it for me. Apricorn Balls were really good for capturing specific Pokemon, and they are just too cool not to be used. I didn't want to waste my money of buying the pre-made ones though. Finding the apricorns myself was a better alternative, since I would then get free Apricorn Balls!

With the luck that I'm having though, I doubt I am going to find any apricorns lying around the area in this run, let alone having Fataro pick up something with Pickup. Heck, my Zangoose Voice Disk might even not work, just like what happened with Castform and Spinda. At least I seemed to be running away successfully from most, if not all, of the wild Pokemon encounters that I wasn't interested in so far though. That was possibly the only luck I had right now.

@WinterVines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast