Individual RP: Ataro - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Individual RP: Ataro

Default Re: Individual RP: Ataro

After a while of anticipation and worrying, the Protect seemed to have been enough to bare the full brunt of that Seed Bomb attack. When the last bit of explosion cleared, Kangaskhan immediately wasted no time in firing her Yawn bubbles, even amidst the heavy dust that had camouflaged Kangaskhan completely. I could see her actions clearly, only because I was right behind her. The pink bubbles floated away from Kangaskhan's mouth and surrounded Breloom within seconds, releasing particles in the air to make the target feel drowsy nd sleepy. Though, the Breloom was still standing and in fact, released several blasts of spore powders around it, right before it fell asleep. They were controlled in a manner that made them linger around the user, sort of like a self-trained defense mechanism that ensured no one could get close to it without falling asleep.

Kangaskhan followed up by blowing an icy mist forward from her mouth. Like what I imagined, except better, it seemed to have overwhelmed the Breloom, encasing it with a mist of icy temperature. The harsh conditions had even forced ice crystals to form over its legs and free arm, while the ice that was originally encasing its already-frozen arm grew to cover its entire torso. I was too shocked to respond. I had never exactly expected an Icy Wind to completely freeze the target, and was actually expecting the frozen arm to simply worsen. However, this was the perfect condition, for I didn't need to use my Status Bomb anymore.

My Pokemon waited patiently for my next command of move selection, and I quickly set my Status Bomb to 'Off' and put it back into my bag. I had to think about what to do. Even with the double status and critically low health, I had a feeling that a capture wouldn't be successful at all now. Breloom seemed rather unsettled, and it needed more time to be able to calm down so that a capture should work. I started to regret about not purchasing one of those perfumes that were able to calm down Pokemon. I knew what I had to do right now though - to protect Kangaskhan from that Spore. Regardless of what I was planning to do, the best thing to do now would be to prevent the Spore from working. If Kangaskhan fell to the Spore, that could give chance to the Breloom from that delay, and I didn't want my Pokemon to have a chance to get hurt when they didn't have to.

"Kangaskhan, protect yourself with Safeguard first. But use it to surround your body, so that the protective layer of that barrier can protect you from the effects of the Spore," I said.

By using Safeguard this way, it required less energy instead of the usual globe-like one. The usual one required much more energy since the user needed to focus on creating such a huge barrier, and it also rendered movement to be quite complicated. By shifting the protective layer of Safeguard so that it surrounds Kangaskhan as a skin-like barrier, it allows much more flexibility in movement wise, while still protecting Kangaskhan from the effects of Spore.

I watched as Kangaskhan quickly did what I told her to. She started emanating an emerald green glow that slowly expanded from the core of her heart, to surround her entire body. Soon, the layer of Safeguard covered her body, like a second layer of skin, while she continued to glow amidst the silhouette of the luminous green layer of Safeguard. Now, even if Kangaskhan had to get close to Breloom, or if a sudden breeze blew the spores towards Kangaskhan, Safeguard would be able to protect Kangaskhan from the effects of falling asleep.

I started reminiscing about the past unconsciously. In the past, Normal-type Pokemon weren't even my favorite type. I remembered that I didn't have any particular liking for any particular type. When I became the Sunnyshore Gym leader and later Fortree Gym Leader, I raised many Electric- and Flying-type Pokemon. However, later when I first applied for Petalburg Gym, I started to like Normal-types more and more. I quickly expanded my lineup of Normal-types, but still eventually lost it to Marth, whom was my master back then, in a Master and Apprentice program. By the time I applied for Goldenrod Gym later, I've already had a huge team of Normal-type Pokemon. I managed to win ownership of the gym, and that was when I really started to love Normal-type Pokemon. They were so versatile and I've always liked winning people with Pokemon that were often thought not to be good, or even popular in the sense.

I remembered back then, when pretty much nobody used Ambipom, and I started using it. It became like a signature Pokemon, and we were the best of partners. Later on, together with Miltank, Kangaskhan, Lopunny, and other Normal-types, we defended numerous Goldenrod Gym and Petalburg Gym defends, and experienced all kinds of hardship together. Kangaskhan was probably the second Pokemon to have been with me the longest amount of time - first was Ambipom. And now, we've moved on to defending Nacrene Gym. I remembered I applied for this gym in the new region because I wanted a fresh page to start with, since previous gyms had old gym leaders that had lost some challenges. I wanted to be able to start with a fresh page, and defend the best amount of defends. With Tauros, I would be able to scale higher heights.

I returned my attention to Breloom - my third going-to-be-captured Pokemon in this Park expedition. It still seemed a little unsettled, but I didn't have any options left. I had to try for a capture. I took the Hyper Ball from my bag; a ball that had looked extremely similar to the usual Park Balls, except that it had a higher percentage chance of inducing a successful capture. Even with the critically low health, a sleep condition, a freeze condition, and probably my good performance in the Park so far, I knew the Breloom still had a good chance of not being secured in the ball. Breloom was of the Rare category listed in the Park Pokemon rank list, and would put up much more of a fight, as compared to other Pokemon.

Though, like what I had thought earlier, I had no other choice indeed. I grabbed the Hyper Ball tightly in my palm, and fling it with a sudden swing of my arm. The capture device flew through the field and struck Breloom by its mushroom "cap-like" head. The ball opened up upon impact and revealed the net-like interior of the ball, which had looked like cybernetic fiber lines. A sudden burst of red light emerged from within the orb and surrounded Breloom immediately, surrounding it with an outline trace of crimson red light. The light consumed Breloom and forced it back to the orb with an invisible force of suction. The ball sealed shut and dropped back onto the ground. It then shook left and right profusely, as I stood there motionless, hoping that the ball would seal shut completely and the capture would be successful.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

NBP17

The Hyper Ball struck hard, and there was no hesitation between the connection and the start of the attempt; the mushroom Pokémon was transferred into an orb of pure light that the ball then encased. Chips of ice sat by the ball; if it didn't capture, the Breloom would surely be thawing out...

The ball shook several times, before coming to a halt. The battle, honestly, felt anticlimactic, Breloom only getting one hit in. It was probably for the best though; an attack best known for its speed over power still took a massive chunk of Kangaskhan's stamina away from it. I briefly considered how to get the Breloom's ball, since the area was still covered in Spore; Kangaskhan could grab it from under Safeguard, but I didn't want to put Ataro's Pokémon near any situation like that myself; that was his order to make. Suddenly, the ball began to glow blue; it raised up into the air and shot into my hand.

Kitty had to go.

"Have fun, Sela?" I turned to my Gardevoir, who apparently just retrieved the ball for us. She nodded in response. It was only a short visit with her new friend, but she seemed much happier for it. Still, we had a bit of business to finish.

"Ataro, are we continuing, or do you need to rush back to that.. Gift station, was it?"

---
    Name: Ataro
    Area: Botanic Gardens
    Encounters Remaining: 3
    Items: Park Ball x3, Super Ball x5, Hyper Ball x4, Supreme Park Ball, Family Repellent x5, Max Potion x2, Full Heal x2, Ranger's Delight (3 time uses), Status Bomb, PokePlayer, Honey x2, Squirt Bottle, Blank Voice Disc, Intermediate Voice Disk (Tauros), Intermediate Voice Disk (Bouffalant), Pokedoll x2

Battle Statistics:
    Area Effects: Filled with Spores
    Character Count:

Current Battling Pokémon: Kangaskhan 67.7%, SAFE

Encounters Finished: Kangaskhan, Furret, Girafarig, Accelgor, Jumpluff, Linoone, Mew, Delcatty

Pokemon Caught: Bold M Tauros, Bashful M Deerling, Brave M Breloom

Pokemon: Aipom
    Nickname: N/A
    Ability: Pickup
    Nature: Sassy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Aerial Ace, Attract, Brick Break, Cut, Detect, Facade, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hidden Power, Ice Punch, Rest, Return, Rock Smash, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Snatch, Strength, Substitute, Taunt, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunderpunch, Thunder Wave, U-Turn, Water Pulse, Counter (BM), Fake Out (BM)
    Stats: 100%

Pokemon: Miltank
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Nature: Careful
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Attract, Brick Break, Curse, Double Team, Dynamicpunch, Earthquake, Facade, Fire Punch, Fling, Focus Punch, Giga Impact, Ice Punch, Icy Wind, Iron Tail, Protect, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Rest, Return, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm, Shadow Ball, Sleep Talk, Stealth Rock, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Surf, Swagger, Thunderpunch, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Whirlpool, Counter (MT), Double Edge (BM), Hammer Arm (BM), Iron Head (MT), Seismic Toss (BM)

Pokemon: Kangaskhan
    Ability: Early Bird
    Nature: Gentle
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Aerial Ace, Attract, Avalanche, Body Slam, Brick Break, Counter, Curse, Cut, Double Edge, Double Team, Drain Punch, Earthquake, Facade, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Flamethrower, Fling, Focus Punch, Giga Impact, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Icy Wind, Iron Tail, Mega Kick, Protect, Rain Dance, Rest, Return, Roar, Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Safeguard, Seismic Toss, Shadow Claw, Sleep Talk, Snore, Solarbeam, Strength, Submission, Substitute, Sunny Day, Surf, Swagger, Thunder, Thunderpunch, Toxic, Whirlpool, Endeavor (BM), Hammer Arm (BM), Wish (SM), Yawn (SM)

The orb continued to shake several times, but after the third shake, it came to a halt. The capture was successful. There was a short moment of awkward silence, as both of seemed to have not knew exactly what to do. I wasn't sure if I should ask Kangaskhan to go ahead and pick up the ball since the area was covered with spores, but was worrying about whether it'd be okay for me to do that. Before I could even spore, the ball was surrounded with a luminous blue glow, and it raised up almost magically into the air and dropped onto Siless's hands.

I turned to my left in shock; to find the creature that was responsible for that power, and found Gardevoir standing there. She had finished playing with the Delcatty. "Have fun, Sela?" Siless asked, to which his Gardevoir responded by nodding her head promptly. Siless then returned his attention to me.

"Ataro, are we continuing, or do you need to rush back to that.. Gift station, was it?"

"Yeah, these three Pokemon look great. I'll end my expedition in advance here. Thanks Siless!" I said, as we strolled back towards the Headquarters.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

I started followed Ataro back to the outpost; the path was relatively safe, with the most danger being the filled potholes. At this point I saw him off so I could get some records for an actual report, promising to file his claims as soon as I got back.

Run ended by Trainer Request. Get going to that gift station

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234