Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual RP: AmericanTreeFrog

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: Individual RP: AmericanTreeFrog

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @AmericanTreeFrog

~~~~~

Garth decided to check on his Ludicolo before answering me, which didn't bother me in the slightest. The paramount duty of all Trainers was keeping their Pokemon healthy. The young man walked over to Ludicolo and brushed his hand fondly over the Grass-type's skin, rubbing away at the remainders of the Piplup's Icy Wind attack.

“You did good out there, you almost made up for the fact that you didn’t help in the situation in the first place," Garth said to the Pokemon. You did good out there, you almost made up for the fact that you didn’t help in the situation in the first place.”

The Ludicolo chuckled and made some quick barking noises in response. Garth either understood the Pokemon or got the gist of it.

“Yeah, why don’t you take a rest for a little bit? I can call you out later if I need you," he replied, and he returned the Pokemon into a generic red-and-white PokeBall before reattaching it to his belt. Finally, he turned to me.

“Let’s continue down the path for now, we can check the water later. This path has already yielded me one Pokemon, let’s see what more it can give for me," he answered my earlier question.

"Sounds like a plan. Hopefully we'll run across something powerful for you," I responded.

We continued down the dirt path. It led around the lake, heading towards the higher regions, where the freshwater waterfalls were located. There were many strong and rare Pokemon up there, although recently they had become scarce, only revealing themselves to Trainers infrequently.

I was too busy pondering the cause of this to realise that something was stalking us from just under the water. I only knew something was up when I heard a loud splashing sound and a big blue Pokemon erupted from the lake to stand in front of us. It landed on all fours and stared angrily at us. It had a prominent white mustache and two swords on scabbards on its forearms. A large structure on its back was sharply filed to a point - I didn't want to be anywhere near this Pokemon.

"I don't suppose you want to battle this Samurott?" I asked Garth nervously.

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Garth Crysis
    Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Bidoof(?); ??? Lotad(?); Naughty Psyduck(M); ??? Piplup(F); ??? Samurott(?)
    Pokemon Captured: Naughty Psyduck(M)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Bold Male Gyarados [Nicknamed One Tail
    Ability: Intimidate
    TMs: Surf , Waterfall, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Roar, Taunt, Substitute
    Avalanche, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Dragon Tail
    BMs: Outrage

Quirky Male Ludicolo [Nicknamed Musashi] - 79%
    Abilities: Swift Swim
    TMs: Surf, Waterfall, Substitute, Sword Dance, Icebeam, Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Toxic, Brick Break, Focus Blast, Hidden Power ~ Water
    BMs: Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Synthesis, Thunder Punch

Naughty Male Tentacruel [Nicknamed Raine]
    Abilities: Clear Body
    TMs: Waterfall, Surf, Swords Dance, Attract, Swagger, Thief, Giga Drain, Hidden Power[Flying], Sludge Bomb, Icy Wind.
    BMs: Confuse Ray, Mirror Coat, Rapid Spin, Haze

Jolly Female Toxicroak - 95%
    Ability: Dry Skin
    TMs: Rock Climb , Swords Dance, Protect, Substitute, X-Scissors, Rain Dance, EQ, Focus Punch , Brick Break, Stone Edge, Rock Tomb, Shadow Ball.
    BMs: Fake Out, Super Fang, Vacuum Wave, Gunk Shot

Item Statistics:

Parkball, Superballs (x2), Hyperballs (x2), Pokedolls (x2), Energy Root, Energy Powder Plus (x2)

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

OOC: @ChainReaction01
    ----

“Sounds like a plan,” the ranger said. “Hopefully we’ll run across something powerful for you.”

I certainly hoped so. While I was mostly looking for basic types if I spotted a rare higher stage evolution I wouldn’t hesitate to catch the Pokemon if I could. So far that idea of running into stronger Pokemon had been a bust, sure I had found some basics but I hadn’t been looking for any of them. Heck, I didn’t even want to catch the Psyduck, but halfway through the battle I decided to catch it on a whim. I had a few reasons for changing my mind, one of them being it was a versatile Water type Pokemon so it could be used in a variety of different situations. That made up for the Pokemon’s shortcomings in the battle arena.

The ranger chose to follow the dirt path still. The dirt path encircled the rather large and headed for higher elevations where some beautiful waterfalls were located. Seeing as how I had never been to the Great Lakes save for this trip I was optimistic that I would find something worth catching.

We had been walking along the path for someways, the ranger lost in his thoughts, when I felt something behind us. I turned to scan the waterways but couldn’t see the cause of my mental alarm. Some would call such things paranoid, but too many people ignored their basics instincts. I’d rather be thought foolish than be caught unprepared for any situation. i lowered a hand to my belt and kept a careful watch on the environment, my eyes scanning for any signs of movement.

I wasn’t surprised a few moments later when a large multicolored Pokemon erupted from the lake, its large form sending gushes of water everywhere. The quad pedal Pokemon had a mustache-like patch of fur extending from its mouth. Two sword-like bone structures were attached to its limbs while a large sharp point extended from its back to point ahead.

“I don’t suppose you want to battle this Samurott?”

I looked at the cream and blue Pokemon and decided a battle just wasn’t worth it. I didn't want the Pokemon and it would be no easy feat to bring it down. “Why don’t we try to run? If need be we can use a Pokedoll.”
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @AmericanTreeFrog I got your list rerolled ^^ It's not fantastic, but it's better than what it was before. There's at least three things worth catching on it, and that's all that really matters.

~~~~~

“Why don’t we try to run? If need be we can use a Pokedoll," Garth suggested.

"Alright, let's go," I said.

Following my lead, we both burst into a run, thudding down the path away from the big blue monstrosity. The Samurott roared and took off after us, giving chase. However, it soon became clear that speed was not the Water-type's strength, especially on land. After two minutes of chasing us, the Samurott roared in frustration and gave up. It padded off away from the water, towards the outer edges of the Great Lakes area. I exhaled in relief and turned to Garth.

"Are you sure you want to continue along this path?" I asked him. "It doesn't look like you're having much luck following it. Maybe there'll be better Pokemon out on the lake itself. What Pokemon are you looking for anyway?"

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Bidoof(?); ??? Lotad(?); Naughty Psyduck(M); ??? Piplup(F); ??? Samurott(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Bold Male Gyarados [Nicknamed One Tail

TMs: Surf, Waterfall, Substitute, Sword Dance, Icebeam, Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Toxic, Brick Break, Focus Blast, Hidden Power ~ Water

TMs: Waterfall, Surf, Swords Dance, Attract, Swagger, Thief, Giga Drain, Hidden Power[Flying], Sludge Bomb, Icy Wind.

TMs: Rock Climb , Swords Dance, Protect, Substitute, X-Scissors, Rain Dance, EQ, Focus Punch , Brick Break, Stone Edge, Rock Tomb, Shadow Ball.

Item Statistics:

Parkball, Superballs (x2), Hyperballs (x2), Pokedolls (x2), Energy Root, Energy Powder Plus (x2)

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

OOC: @ChainReaction01 - Better than nothing.
    ------

“Alright, let’s go,” the ranger said.

He turned and ran, I didn’t need anymore words to follow his lead. As we thudded down the winding dirt path I thought the Samurott had decided to leave us alone. But then I heard a roar that would have scared a Gyarados and I felt my speed slowly increasing after that. For some unknown need a felt a compulsion to look behind me, it was a bad idea. The squat Pokemon was giving chase, its short powerful limbs slamming into the soft dirt. Luckily for us Samurott wasn’t a Pokemon built for speed, and a couple minutes later, with one last roar, the Pokemon gave up the chase and left us alone.

I stopped short as the ranger stopped running and turned to me. “Are you sure you want to continue along this path?” He asked. “It doesn’t look like you’re having much luck following it. Maybe there’ll be better Pokemon out on the lake itself. What Pokemon are you looking for anyway.?”

“That Samurott turned me off from going up there, we can head to the lake; just lead the way. As to your second question, I’m mostly looking for a Staryu and Horsea and I once had a Milotic so finding one of them wouldn’t be bad. Other than that I’m just trying to build my collection of Water Pokemon.”

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @AmericanTreeFrog Just in case you're not sure, this isn't your next Encounter.

~~~~~

“That Samurott turned me off from going up there, we can head to the lake; just lead the way. As to your second question, I’m mostly looking for a Staryu and Horsea and I once had a Milotic so finding one of them wouldn’t be bad. Other than that I’m just trying to build my collection of Water Pokemon," Garth explained.

"Oh, you're a Water Pokemon trainer?" I asked, grinning. "You might like this, then."

I put my pointer and middle fingers up to my mouth and blew hard into them. A whistle erupted from between my fingers, echoing shrilly across the gentle waves. I let the sound lapse before I blew again, sending a second whistle chasing after the first one. Nothing happened for half a minute. Then, we heard a low moan. It was echoing and sounded like it was coming from far away. The noise reached us again, but this time it was more like a roar, and it was much closer. Finally, a huge blue Pokemon with red markings breached the surface of the water. It turned around and lowered its tail onto the ground, providing us with a way up onto its back.

"Garth, I'd like you to meet Kyogre," I said grandly, walking up onto the Legendary Pokemon's back. I extended my hand towards Garth, inviting him to come up with me. I technically didn't own this Kyogre, but it held allegiance to me because of a battle it had lost not long ago. Hopefully, on the back of a Legendary Pokemon, we'd find something worth catching.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 1187

Pokemon Statistics:

Bold Male Gyarados [Nicknamed One Tail]

Item Statistics:

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

-----

“Oh, you’re a Water Pokemon trainer,” he said to me, his face breaking out into a wide grin. “You might like this, then.” He whistled sharply and a shrill sound bounced across the lake waters.

A moment passed and he whistled again, same pitch as the last one. My curiosity was piqued by this, who or what was he signaling? Unless he had left one of his Pokemon in the lake I had no clue. Nothing happened for about thirty seconds, but then a low moan could be heard coming towards us. It wasn’t unlike a large whale sound. A few seconds passed and again the noise could be heard, except this time it was more akin to a roar, and it was much closer than the last. With a loud splash a blue Pokemon with red markings on its side splash upon the shore. It turned around to face the waters and lowered a rather large tail to the beach sand, it was clearly telling us to climb aboard its back.

“Garth, I’d like you to meet Kyogre,” Carter said, climbing the tail. He extend his hand to meet mine as I climbed atop the legendary Pokemon.

“Thanks, nice friend you have here.”

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Thanks, nice friend you have here," Garth said, taking my hand and climbing up onto the Kyogre's back. He didn't seem shocked or intrigued by the Kyogre's presence, which further reinforced my opinion of him as an unflappable Trainer. I'd hate to battle him - he gave off the aura of a calm chessmaster, one who knew much and saw more.

Kyogre immersed itself into the water, until it looked like the two of us were zipping along on a blue hill in the middle of the lake. One might think that Wild Pokemon would avoid Legendary ones, but that's not true. Calm Legendaries like Kyogre provided a sense of security, and they really drew out the shyer Pokemon. I explained this to Garth - heaven forbid he think I had summoned Kyogre just to show off.

It turned out I was right. It was only a couple of minutes before a very rare Pokemon swum up curiously to us. It was a pink fish that was roughly heart-shaped, with large fins on the top and bottom of its body. It swum luxuriously up to us and batted its eyelid at Garth. My plan had worked perfectly - Alomomola were usually very shy and very rarely came to investigate Trainers.

"This is a rare Water-type, wanna try catching it?" I asked my Trainer.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 9 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Bidoof(?); ??? Lotad(?); Naughty Psyduck(M); ??? Piplup(F); ??? Samurott(?); ??? Alomomola(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 2258

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Kyogre gave off another cry and sank below the cool lake waters. The waters rose until the Pokemon was fully hidden under the waves and we remained dry. Soon we were moving through the waters swiftly, but in a calm manner so as not to disturb any Pokemon.

We hadn’t been on the Pokemon when Carter spotted something and turned my attention towards it. “This is a rare Water type, wanna try catching it?” he said, pointing at pink -heart shaped Pokemon. I stared at the Alomomola in curiosity, I hadn’t seen one in battle or in its environment. It reminded me of a higher evolution of the Pokemon Luvdisc, just with fins on its underbelly and top.

But before I could make a decision I had to do some research on the Pokemon, I didn’t know nothing about it besides its type. I pulled a small hand computer from a pocket and tried to obtain an internet signal. While the device was originally intended like a small PDA, I had a friend do some technology upgrades for me. It had roughly turned the thing into an advanced Pokedex with the ability to surf the web. I plugged in the Pokemon’s name and waited for the results to come back. It only took a few moments for the information to completely download. It was interesting, based on its stats and moves I was able to deduce it was more of a team Pokemon. In double, triple, or rotational battle it would be an excellent member to have by your side, but in heads up battle it was found to be lacking. It had some interesting moves, but head to head it’s stats were lacking.

“Nah, despite my wish to catch all Water Pokemon I don’t feel a need for this critter quite at this time.”

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @AmericanTreeFrog You really should try to capture it *hint hint*

~~~~~

Garth watched the Alomomola curiously as the Wild Pokemon did somersaults and barrel rolls in the water for his benefit. It was quite clear he'd never seen one before. The man pulled out a small PDA and fiddled around with it for half a minute - he was probably checking out the Pokemon's usability in battle. From my (admittedly mediocre) knowledge, Alomomola was a support Pokemon as opposed to one that was fearsome in battle. This meant it was great for multi-battles or Park exploration, but not so good in the majority of common battles - that is to say, one-on-one battles.

“Nah, despite my wish to catch all Water Pokemon I don’t feel a need for this critter quite at this time," Garth said finally.

"Alright, we'll just move on then," I said, mildly surprised. I sat down on the Kyogre's back and rubbed the tough blue hide a couple times. A low rumble was emitted from the Legendary Pokemon and we cut through the waters once more. However, the Alomomola wasn't finished with us. It had taken quite a liking to Garth, apparently. It chased after us and jumped through the air, landing in front of our ride. It continued to jump as we moved forwards, trying to impress my Trainer.

"Looks like it's not gunna leave us alone." I laughed. "If you don't want to battle it, you're going to have to give it a PokeDoll to chase."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Bidoof(?); ??? Lotad(?); Naughty Psyduck(M); ??? Piplup(F); ??? Samurott(?); ??? Alomomola(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 3889 / 15000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

-------

“Alright, we’ll just move on then,” Carter said. He sounded surprised, which wasn’t too surprising as the Pokemon was of the rare variety.

The ranger shrugged the comment but he sat back down and rubbed a hand over the leathery hide of Kyogre. The legendary Pokemon rumbled, a sound low in its belly, and started to knife through the waters once more, an effortless glide. This didn’t seem to faze the small Alomomola though, the Luvdisc-like Pokemon continued to follow us. It was now doing tricks in the water, playfully jumping into the air while playing the wide tail of Kyogre.

“Looks like it’s not gunna leave us alone.” Carter laughed. “If you don’t want to battle it, you’re going to have to give it a PokeDoll to chase.”

I smiled wistfully, I didn’t want to catch the Pokemon, nor did I want to use a Pokedoll to get away from the creature. I sighed when I came to the realization the wild Pokemon had made a choice and I decided to honor it. “Fine, you wanted this,” I told the Alomomola solemnly. “Gyarados, come forth and wage battle.” I threw a standard Pokeball in to the air and with a bright flash the Gyarados was in the water.

Gyarados was widely regarded as one of the most fiercesome Pokemon one could train. The beasts were even harder to train, and when one invoked the wrath of a Gyarados it was best to get out of the way. But Gyarados had two weakness: one was the Electric typed attacks, and the other was its pre-evolved form of Magikarp. The Pokemon was especially weak to electrical attacks because of its dual types of Water and Flying. And Magikarp was a contradiction to Gyarados. Were Gyarados was large and mean, Magikarp was small and clueless. These and other comparisons often made Magikarp the butt of many jokes, and this had often made me wonder whether such jokes made Gyarados so mean. It was perhaps the method in which Gyarados got back at the world for making a complete mockery of its younger form.

Gyarados were predominantly blue Pokemon with white fins running along its back and the sides of its face. It had a long snake-like body that started with a large head that was often in hateful scowl and ended with a single large flipper for swimming. Four large canines decorated its large mouth while ochre-colored skin ran along its underbelly. All told, the Pokemon closely resembled a serpent, just bigger with a mean attitude.

Upon his release from his Pokeball, Gyarados roared and turned to look at me. His small red eyes focused on me at first, then moved down to the Kyogre. His eyes narrowed to slits and his stance took on more a fighting look. I think he suspected he was to save me from the legendary Pokemon, and I had no doubt he could give Kyogre a run for its money. I waved a hand and waited for Gyarados’s gaze to return to me.

“Hey, you’re not fighting this guy. You’re fighting her,” I said, pointing at the Alomomola who was now staring up at Gyarados, who absolutely dwarfed her in size. Most powerful Pokemon might have scoffed at facing a much weaker opponent like Alomomola, but Gyardos relished any fight and any challenge. “Now, we’re trying to catch the Pokemon, so let’s be careful.” Gyarados gave me a look that would have turned a Salamence mellow but I stood my ground. “I mean it.” I didn’t want Gyarados to get out of hand, and that was always a risk when dealing with such an independent Pokemon. I consulted my device and pulled up the moves of our new foe. “We’re going to start with a simple Taunt and Thunder Fang combo.”

Taunt was an obvious choice to limit all the non-damaging moves that Alomomola knew. With a good half of its moves gone the Pokemon would lose some of its edge. But that was if Taunt worked, but it could counter if it had the right nature or used one of its moves. Thunder Fang was chosen because it do damage that would just damage the Pokemon enough without weakening it too fast.

Gyarados started with theTaunt attack first. There was numerous ways for a Pokemon to use Taunt, but Gyarados preferred a simple version. He swung his long tail around to face the Alomomola, then he started to wave it in her face, goading her to attack him in the heat of the moment. But while Gyarados were known for their rage, they could also be smart. So while Gyarados was using his tail to taunt his foe, he moved it so that it blocked his gaping mouth, hiding the fangs there that were there cackling with electricity as he charged the energy in his body. The idea was that when Alomomola attacked, Gyarados could dodge and then whip around to bite at her with his fangs. If Taunt failed, he could just spring forward, because by swinging his tail to the front he had effectively coiled his body. And he could use that pent up energy to spring forward like a missile and hit with shattering force.

Now, we just had to wait to see if Alomomola would take the bait and attack.

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @AmericanTreeFrog I'm assuming the Wild is female.

~~~~~

Garth wore a strange smile for a couple of seconds as he watched the Alomomola weave through the water. Finally, he came to a decision. “Fine, you wanted this,” he informed the Water-type firmly. “Gyarados, come forth and wage battle.”

My Trainer threw a PokeBall into the air over the lake, and a white flash revealed the long sinuous form of a Gyarados. The Atrocious Pokemon wasn't too uncommon here in the Great Lakes - there was one old one in particular that had been a common fixture until it had been captured several months ago. The Gyarados roared and took a quick look around. It wasn't long before the Flying-type realised that his Trainer was on top of a huge unknown Pokemon. He roared again and prepared to do battle with Kyogre.

Garth waved his Pokemon off quickly. "Hey, you're not fighting this guy, you're fighting her," he said as he pointed to the Alomomola, which had stilled and was watching the fearsome Gyarados quietly. Now that Garth had accepted her battle request the Wild Pokemon had to start preparing for the fight of its life, especially if it was going to take on a Gyarados.

“Now, we’re trying to catch the Pokemon, so let’s be careful. I mean it,” Garth continued, his voice firm. “We’re going to start with a simple Taunt and Thunder Fang combo.”

Gyarados raised his finned tail out of the water and began to flick it insultingly, half-covering his face. It reminded me of the way a high-born lady of old would hide her face from men she deemed unworthy. From my vantage point behind and to the side, I could see that electrical sparks were charging up inside the Gyarados' mouth. I doubted that the Alomomola could see it from her position, though.

The Taunt worked. The Alomomola frowned and began swimming towards Gyarados at top speed, despite appearing a little frightened by the large beast. She launched herself out of the water and brushed past Gyarados' tail, smacking the Flying-type right in the face. She spasmed her body, which resulted in Gyarados being slapped repeatedly by her sinewy form. Garth's Pokemon didn't take this for long, though - he roared, and a sphere of yellow expanded from his maw. It struck the Wild Pokemon and threw it backwards into the air.

The Alomomola landed back in the lake with a splash, and she began swimming around in circles. It didn't look like she had been hurt too much, but she was still enraged by the Taunt. Garth could probably find a way to work that to his advantage.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Female Alomomola: 77%, ATK-1, TNT-1 (used Doubleslap)

Bold Male Gyarados: 91% (used Taunt, Thunder Fang)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 8771 / 15000

Pokemon Statistics:

Bold Male Gyarados [Nicknamed One Tail] - ACTIVE

Item Statistics:

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

OOC: @ChainReaction01 Yep female.

-------

The Taunt attacked worked. The normally friendly face of Alomomola twisted into a frown before it charged the Gyarados; moving at a high speed. When she neared Gyarados she leapt from the crystal clear waters and smacked my Pokemon twice in the face, using her body as the weapon. But that punishment didn’t last very long; Gyarados didn’t have much patience and he immediately lashed out at the fellow Water type with his fangs. The charged fangs unloaded all the built up energy into Alomomola, flinging the Pokemon away and into the water once more.

I quick assessment showed me that Gyarados hadn’t sustained much damage from the weak attack and that Alomomola had lost a decent chunk of health, but was still able to battle with vigor. At this juncture I had planned a few strategies to use on the Pokemon, I just had to decided what would be the best course of action. Every decision opened up new pathways that would change the entire layout of the battle. This meant that every move had to focus upon a specific goal, this also meant I had to be able to predict or guide the opponent’s moves. But since this was a wild Pokemon there was no way I could predict what move it would use next, that was limited to trainer battles. Since I couldn’t predict that left my move to guiding. Taunt helped that goal to begin with, now I just needed to pick my next move. Gyarados had under his arsenal three Electric typed moves, two of which were damaging. Thunder and Thunder Fang were the damaging ones and Thunder Wave was the non-damaging one. Thunder Wave was a no brainer, it would increase the odds of capture as well as decreasing its speed and giving it chance to not moving.

“Alright, Gyarados. We’re going to be using Rain Dance followed up with your Thunder Wave attack.”

I wanted to go with a Dragon Dance and Thunder Fang combo, but I felt that a Rain Dance plus Thunder might do more for me than the other combo. And if Thunder did too much damage I could use one of my weaker Water attack to drop its health even further without too much risk of hurting the Pokemon. Plus the added benefit of using Thunder Wave now would enable Gyarados to use Taunt again if it wore off the first time.

But while I thinking through the process Gyarados was already starting his attacks. The tri-pronged bone formation that decorated his head had began to glow a vibrant yellow in color. Once Gyarados had channeled enough static he fired the built up charge at Alomomola. The attack came out in a burst of light that resembled a ball of fluff, only yellow. No sooner had the Thunder Wave been fired then Gyarados began his second attack. Rain Dance was a relatively easy move to pull off for Gyarados seeing as how he was a Water type. The long serpent-like body Gyarados coiled up in a ball of pure muscle before the Pokemon began to move about like a snake.

Non-attacking moves weren’t Gyarados’s strong suit but he could pull them off easily enough. It only took a few seconds but in no time at all thunder heads were beginning to build up over the lake. The air was soon filled with the low rumbling as the dark rain clouds started to increase in number. At first rain began to fall in a pitter-patter of light showers, but that soon gave way to rain that was falling in sheets that resembled a hurricane or monsoon. The once calm lake was soon filled with rolling waves that more resembled an ocean than a lake. The long form of Gyarados had now become obscure as the rain cut down visibility dramatically. I could barely see my Pokemon but his roars were apparent enough.

“Now, try your Thunder attack!” I yelled over the din, hoping that Gyarados had heard me. When I heard an answering roar I knew that he had. I couldn’t see exactly what was going on, but I could visualize what ‘Dos was doing because I had seen it numerous times enough.
    Without the rain Gyarados would normally start the attack just like he would have with the Thunder Wave attack. But because Rain Dance had been used there was already Lightening in the clouds as jumped around. My Pokemon just had to harness the power already there. It started just like Thunder Wave had, but instead of a strong charge Gyarados fired a small bolt of electricity up at the sky. When he did that the lightening would come down to strike Gyarados on his spud bones, charging them. Then it would only take a small amount of energy to fire the electricity at Alomomola.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“Alright, Gyarados. We’re going to be using Rain Dance followed up with your Thunder Wave attack," Garth ordered.

Gyarados roared. His tri-shaped crown began to glow yellow as the Thunder Wave attack charged. It was always surprising to me that so many Water-types could learn electric attacks, especially bulky brutish ones like Gyarados.

The Alomomola stuck her head out of the water to get a clear look at what was going on. Her eyes widened as she saw the incoming attack. She began to sing in ululating tones, a haunting melody that rose and fell, causing a slight headache to rise between my temples. By the way Gyarados was turning his head to one side, I could see that it was hurting him even more than it was me. It wasn't often that I felt pity for a Gyarados.

Finally, the Thunder Wave was ready. Gyarados fired it towards Alomomola like a beam. Small fragments of electricity flaked off, but the majority of the yellow laser struck the Wild Pokemon, and she keened uncomfortably as sparks crawled across its body and through the water around her. Gyarados wasn't going to waste any time - he immediately began thrashing his long sinuous body around in the water. It took a while, but I began to discern patterns and repetitions in his movement. It truly was a dance, albeit a primeval, vicious one.

It wasn't long before rain was pouring down over the battlefield, obscuring our vision. The squall was just as strong as anything the Kyogre we were riding on could have summoned. I knew Garth would have problems seeing, but the visor over my right eye had heat vision, which cut through the storm pretty effectively.

“Now, try your Thunder attack!” Garth yelled. My eyes widened - Thunder was an incredibly powerful Electric-type attack, which would be further boosted by the rain, and it had the potential to spread even further in the lake. Before I had a chance to call out, Gyarados roared again and a yellow light cut through the storm. I saw the Alomomola-shaped red blob dart under the water and begin swimming towards the Gyarados. She shot out of the water and collided with the Flying-type just as a spear of lightning dashed down. Thunder cracked and I didn't see what happened, but both Water Pokemon were sent flying apart from each other.

"Be careful with powerful attacks like that out on the lake," I called to Garth over the smashing sounds of the rain. "They can be unpredictable out on the lake, and you don't want to hurt any of the other Pokemon around here." A low grunt from Kyogre punctuated my statement - the Legendary Pokemon wouldn't be happy if any of the beings under its charge were hurt by thoughtlessness.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Female Alomomola: 42%, ATK-1, PRZ (used Round, Waterfall)

Bold Male Gyarados: 67% (used Thunder Wave, Rain Dance, Thunder)

RAIN-1

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 13205 / 15000

Pokemon Statistics:

Bold Male Gyarados [Nicknamed One Tail] - ACTIVE

Item Statistics:

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

OOC: @ChainReaction01 - If Thunder Fang hits use the Park Ball.
    --------

Just before Gyarados could unleash his powerful Thunder attack, the small Alomomola jumped from the water and rammed Gyarados. But this didn’t come without consequences, because just as she hit, a bright spear of lightening came from the heavens and struck. I couldn’t see what happened, but a loud crack of thunder and an explosion of thunder greeted my senses. When I could focus my eyes once more I saw that both Pokemon had been repulsed back by the Thunder attack.

“Be careful with powerful attacks like that out on the like. They can be unpredictable out on the lake, and you don’t want to hurt any of the other Pokemon here,” I heard Carter call to me. The sounds of the waves and thunder were creating such a noise that I could barely hear the ranger.

But he didn’t need to worry that much. Using Thunder was a big risk because of all the water, but I did feel that the benefits outweighed the risk. That didn’t mean I was going to try the move again. Things were looking good though. Although I couldn’t see Alomomola I knew it had to be reeling after suffering through both the Thunder Fang and Thunder. I just now had to cripple the Pokemon further without injuring it too much.

“Don’t worry,” I said to the ranger, addressing him first. “I’m not entirely without compassion. This will be under control shortly.” Next I turned to Gyarados. “You’re doing fine so far. She can’t take much more, so we’re close to the end. Just hang in there a little longer.” I just need a moment to think before I called out my next moves in haste. Taunt had probably wore off by now, that meant Alomomola could use some of its more potent moves, which in turn meant I had to resolve the situation quickly. I could use Taunt again, but that wouldn’t achieve much because the battle was nearing the end; I wouldn’t need it for the time-frame. It also wasted a move, and Gyarados was already beginning to tire, adding useless moves would please him. “OKay, ‘Dos. Time to end this, use your Thunder Fang attack once more.”

With Thunder Fang I predicted Gyarados could bring Alomomola’s health to a range that was beneficial to a capture. I just had to hope it didn’t KO or miss. I reached for my belt and removed an empty Pokeball. If the Thunder Fang connected this ball would be sent sailing towards my hopefully new Pokemon. I depressed the Pokeball’s button to make it normal size and waited for Gyarados to attack.

When Gyarados had first used Thunder Fang he was setting up for a combo set of moves and had waited for Alomomola to initiate contact. That wasn’t going to happen here. When he heard my command, he wasted no time. His sharp fangs immediately started to spark, then with another one of his loud roars he dived underneath the wild waves. This sort of surprised me because that meant he was going to attack his prey underwater, when he could didn’t need to. But by going underwater he could probably see Alomomola better and if the Pokemon tried to dodge by jumping in the air, Gyarados could do the same without losing some momentum. As the large tail of ‘Dos disappeared beneath the waves I lifted the Pokeball to the air, ready to fling it as soon as I saw the two Pokemon.
    Last edited by AmericanTreeFrog; 20th October 2011 at 08:03 PM.

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“Don’t worry, I’m not entirely without compassion. This will be under control shortly,” Garth reassured me. I wasn't completely buying it, but I decided to hold off on stepping in for a little while longer.

“You’re doing fine so far. She can’t take much more, so we’re close to the end. Just hang in there a little longer," my Trainer called out to his Pokemon. He fell silent for a moment before speaking up again. “Okay, Dose. Time to end this, use your Thunder Fang attack once more.”

Gyarados dived under the water, and I saw the long heat blob approach the mostly-contained one of the Alomomola. No doubt the Wild Pokemon wanted to avoid that attack, but it did something that surprised me. It swam upwards and broke the surface of the water, jumping up into the storm. With a twist of its body it turned so that its mouth was pointing down, and a sudden torrent of water blasted down towards the lake. Such was the power of this Hydro Pump that the Alomomola was kept suspended out of the lake. Gyarados reared up out of the water and was struck cleanly in the face by this attack. He roared unhappily, but kept his head where it was. Slowly but surely he swam up into the Alomomola's Hydro Pump. Electricity gathered around his mouth as he got closer, and sparks fell down the cascade around him. Finally, the Flying-type blasted out of the column of water and bit the Alomomola viciously. A sudden explosion of electricity erupted out of Gyarados' mouth, escaping around the gaps in its bite. The Alomomola shrieked and cut the flow of water, and both Pokemon fell back down into the lake together.

Gyarados was the first to rise, looking a bit tired but ready to continue. When the Alomomola broke the surface, however, it was flopping limply and there were teeth marks all over its delicate pink skin. Gyarados had obviously avoided drawing blood, but it was a close thing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Garth throw a regulation Park Ball towards the Wild Pokemon. The storm did not impede the device, and the sphere drew its target inside. The Park Ball's flotation devices activated, and the capture device wriggled around on top of the heaving water for a minute or so. Finally, it settled down, and a red light was just barely visible.

"Congrats," I said to Garth. I held out my hand and the Park Ball slowly made its way towards me. As it did so, the storm began to die down, and by the time the Alomomola was stored away inside my pack the lake had returned to its normal state.

"Where to now?" I asked the young man.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Bidoof(?); ??? Lotad(?); Naughty Psyduck(M); ??? Piplup(F); ??? Samurott(?); Careful Alomomola(F)
    Pokemon Captured: Naughty Psyduck(M); Careful Alomomola(F)

Pokemon Statistics:

Bold Male Gyarados [Nicknamed One Tail] - 56%

Item Statistics:

Superballs (x2), Hyperballs (x2), Pokedolls (x2), Energy Root, Energy Powder Plus (x2)

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast