|-ChainReaction01-| - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: |-ChainReaction01-|

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: |-ChainReaction01-|

Ralts hadn't teleported as far as I had hoped he would. That was okay, though, obviously the battle had tired him.
    The green X-Scissor flew past Ralts.
    "Thank God," I muttered underneath my breath.
    Ralts then started using Psychic again. This time, however, the Beedrill itself began to glow blue. Obviously Ralts hadn't seen anything to use like last time.
    The Beedrill started trying to break free. It roared and buzzed and eventually escaped Psychic's grip. As it did so, it breathed a purple mist, which immediately struck Ralts.
    Ralts doubled over, but quickly regained control of himself.
    As I was trying to quickly decide what to do next, I remembered something.
    And then I kicked myself.
    I remembered, back in the Park Shop, that Park Balls and Super Balls couldn't catch Stage 2 or 3 Pokemon.
    "Damnit!" I swore. "Ralts, we can't catch this Beedrill! We don't have the equipment!"
    Ralts keened, but didn't move to disengage.
    "What, you want to keep fighting?"
    Ralts squeaked and nodded.
    "Fair enough, at least its' experience and one step closer to evolution," I replied. However, I didn't want Ralts using high-level attacks, he was tired enough. "Okay, Ralts, time for some status effects! Use Confusion!"
    Ralts' horn glowed blue again, and he started conjuring strange apparitions and trying to swing the Beedrill around.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

BP

OOC: Sorry, haven't been in the mood to post :\ and this post is horrible :p

Ranger: Leo

_

"What, you want to keep fighting?" He asked. Ralts squeaked and nodded. I was impressed that they wanted to keep going, I waited to see what they were going to do.

"Fair enough, at least its' experience and one step closer to evolution," He replied. "Okay, Ralts, time for some status effects! Use Confusion!" Ralts' horn began to glow a blue color as the same color encased the Bee Pokemon, weaking it to a critical point. This battle was as good as over, but I waited to see what he would do. The Beedrill made an attempt to use one last attack. Beedrill charged at the Ralts with its large stingers , repeatedly stabbing at the Ralts. It was getting closer and closer to the Psychic Pokemon.

_

Current Battle Stats:

Wild Pokemon: Beedrill
    Nature : ???
    Ability : Swarm
    Stats Changes: Att-2
    Health: 8%
    Moves:

Your Pokemon: Ralts
    Nature: Golly
    Ability: Trace - Swarm
    Stats Changes:
    Health : 75%
    Moves: Confusion

_

Trainer: Jathan Einherjar

Area Effects: None ATM

Encounters Remaining: 15

Money: [$750] Let me know if this changes

Items: [Park Ball x3] = [Super Ball x2] = [Full Heal x2] = [Max Potion 2x]

Pokemon:

Pokemon: Ralts
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Jolly
    Other: 100%

Encounters: ??? Sudowoodo - ??? Beedrill

Ongoing Battles: Ralts vs. Beedrill

Pokemon Captured:

Last edited by Dinobot; 25th April 2010 at 01:21 AM.
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

OOC: No rush, whenever you feel like it :)

I felt like such a failure. I had used my Ralts to weaken a Pokemon that I intended to capture before checking that I had the equipment neccessary to perform the capture. He had been trying his best, and even worse, he had taken a fair bit of damage, all because I sucked.

Ralts didn't appear to pick up on my internal turmoil, because his Confusion attack weakened Beedrill to a critical level. Strangely, this made me feel even worse. If only I had a Hyper Ball, I would be in the perfect position to capture this Beedrill.

The Beedrill sensed that it only had a small amount of time left, and so it raised its' stingers and began jabbing rapidly while flying towards Ralts. I knew from the way Ralts' shoulders were shaking slightly that he was getting very tired. I didn't want to risk over-exerting him with another Teleport, so I gave a very simple command.

"Ralts! Try to roll away and use Confusion to finish this!"

Without a sound, Ralts dropped to a knee and started rolling on the ground to the right, looking just like a young schoolchild during recess. I held my breath and hoped that the Beedrill's attack wouldn't hit, or at least, that Ralts wouldn't be poisoned.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

BP

OOC: I won't be able to post until the end of Friday, I have a Final tomorrow and Thursday :\

_

"Ralts! Try to roll away and use Confusion to finish this!" He said. This battle was as good as over either way. The Ralts did a cartwheel out of the way, then began to glow a bright green color which engulfed the Beedrill. The Beedrill couldn't take it anymore and buzzed off the way it came.

"Well, now that that is over, what do you want to do now?

_

Current Battle Stats:

_

Encounters Remaining: 14

Money: [$750] Let me know if this changes

Pokemon:

Other: 100%

Encounters: ??? Sudowoodo - ??? Beedrill

Ongoing Battles: Ralts vs. Beedrill

Pokemon Captured:

OOC: Not a problem. See you then.

I sighed in relief as the Beedrill buzzed off. Ralts had half-rolled, half-cartwheeled off to the side and then fired a quick green Confusion at the Beedrill, and it had left in the direction it came.

"Good fight, Ralts!" I called.

He trilled as he ran back to me on his stubby little legs. I was so proud of him, he was an unevolved Basic and he had fended off a Stage 2. One he had a type disadvantage to as well.

He jumped up and hugged my face. I rubbed his head, then gave him a small bag of treats.

"Jump back in and take a rest," I said. "I got no idea when our next fight will be."

Ralts chirruped, and grabbed the small plastic pouch before clambering over my shoulder and climbing into my backpack. The pack rumbled about slightly and I could hear the sounds of enthusiastic snacking.

Leo watched all of this with a smile.

"Well, now that that is over, what do you want to do now?" he asked me.

I considered this. Despite the high of the win, I still felt terrible about putting Ralts through an essentially useless battle. At least it was a lesson learned - for this excursion, I could only catch unevolved Pokemon. I remembered my earlier brush with the Sudowoodo, and I regretted not attempting to catch it.

I looked around. It was almost twilight, just after 4:00 according to my watch. I saw that the clearing we were in was fairly small, and two paths lead of in different directions than the one we came from. One path lead in the exact opposite direction, towards a darker part of the forest, where the trees grew even closer together.

The other path was to my right, and seemed to travel almost perpendicular to the last path. I saw a white wooden fence, partially overgrown, leading along this path.

I figured that the fenced path was a safer bet, as moving further into the forest would probably bring me up against stronger foes, and a Beedrill was probably the strongest thing I wanted to come up against right now. Also, this way we'd be closer to the Outpost in case we needed it.

"Let's go along that path to the right," I said, pointing at it.

Leo looked at it, shading his eyes with his hands, then nodded and led the way.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

NBP

OOC: This is overdue

_

"Let's go along that path to the right," He said as he pointed at it.

"Alright, that way it is." I said nodding. We began walking down the path, the sun shining down where ever it could enter. The trees were moer tightly packed together here which is why it was so dark. Then, I ran into something. I could not see anything there, but I knew something was in front of me. Ghost Pokemon were not known to be in this area, though, at this point, I wouldn't find it surprising.

I could see footprints in the ground as it moved over to the bushes. As it did, I could see a faint outline of the Pokemon. It was Kecleon. I was not sure why, but this Pokemon always seemed to fascinate me.

"You want to battle this one?" I asked.
    _

Current Battle Stats:

_

Encounters Remaining: 13

Money: [$2250] Let me know if this changes

Pokemon:

Other: 75%

Encounters: ??? Sudowoodo - ??? Beedrill - Kecleon

Ongoing Battles: Ralts vs. ???

Pokemon Captured:

Last edited by Dinobot; 1st May 2010 at 05:07 PM.

OOC: I now have 2250 Pokedollars, or whatever the official name of the URPG's currency is. Also, I believe my Ralts is at 75% health and I only have 13 encounters left.

We walked along the fenced path. Surprisingly, the forest was still very dense. As we walked, I noticed that Leo was tensed up a little bit. He was looking around a particular set of bushes. He peeled over to them, and dug around in them.

Then he seemed to find what he was looking for. He waved me over to the bush.

"You wanna battle this one?" he asked.

I squinted, looking all throughout the bush. For the life of me, I could not see anything. After about half a minute of searching, I realised the the little red zigzag vine in the middle of the bush wasn't connected to anything. It didn't even look like a vine. I could also, faintly, see the outline of a Pokemon.

I smacked my forehead with my hand. It was that colour-changing one.

I pulled out my PDA. I didn't know that much about this particular species because a smart opponent could make their type-changing ability work against them.

I accessed the search function, and found it. "Kecleon". Ah, I remember now. I accessed the page, and scrolled down to the movelist.

I hissed warily, not liking what my PDA was telling me.

"Nah, I might leave it," I said to Leo. "Three reasons: one, I'm not a Kecleon fan; two, this one doesn't look like it wants to battle; three, it's movepool is almost completely Dark and Ghost type attacks."

Leo nodded and let go of the bush, allowing it to return to its' natural shape.

We both continued along the path, with Leo leading the way.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

NBP

OOC: Details, Details xD -fixed-

_

"Nah, I might leave it," I said to Leo. "Three reasons: one, I'm not a Kecleon fan; two, this one doesn't look like it wants to battle; three, it's movepool is almost completely Dark and Ghost type attacks."

I nodded. I knelt down to the Normal type chameleon Pokemon and patted it on the head. "Sorry for running into you." I whispered, "Now run along and find your friends." I stood up and continued to walk down the path. We didn't walk far before we saw a light green ball glowing before us. It appeared out of no where. The ball slowly opened, revealing a small fairy looking green Pokemon.

"Bii!" It cried. It was the legendary Pokemon, Celebi. I was speechless. Finally, I managed to open my mouth.

"That is Celebi, the Garudian of these woods." I whispered.

"Bii, bii!" It cried again. It wanted us to follow it.

"I think it wants you to follow it."
    _

Current Battle Stats:

_

Pokemon:

Encounters: ??? Sudowoodo - ??? Beedrill - Kecleon - Celebi

Pokemon Captured:

We left the Kecleon behind. Thankfully, it didn't seem to mind that I had avoided it. I watched as the red stripe bobbed and weaved its' way back into the forest.

We continued along the path. It was getting dark: my PDA said it was almost 5:30.

Just as I took my eyes off the screen, a small green orb of light flew down from somewhere up high. It carefully unfolded, like a flower greeting the sun. Inside was a little green fairy-like Pokemon.

My breath caught. No way this was a generic Pokemon.

Leo looked almost as dumbstruck as I felt. He swallowed, then told me it was Celebi, the guardian of the woods. He didn't say it was a legendary, but at a primal level, I knew.

It made a few echoing cries, and it began to bob around the trees. I noticed that even outside of the orb, it emitted a faint green light, which reflected off the tree trunks it flew near.

"Hey, Ralts, check this out," I said, nudging my bag with my shoulder.

Ralts popped out of the open zipper, with a small treat half hanging out of his mouth. He opened his mouth wide with amazement, and the treat fell onto the forest floor. He stared at Celebi for a minute, watching it playfully weave through the tree trunks. He then closed his eyes, and his horn glowed a faint blue.

I assumed he was communicating with the Celebi, because it abruptly stopped playing, and it flew over to us. It flew right near me, and watched Ralts. Ralts didn't open his eyes, he just continued to transmit psychic messages.

The Celebi looked at me, and smiled. Nervously, I inclined my head, not trusting my mouth to form coherent words. It bobbed towards the forest, motioning with one of its' slender arms.

It cried twice more, with the serene sound echoing eerily.

"I think it wants you to follow it," Leo said.

I looked around. It was getting dark, and I had wanted to sleep in that cabin, but hey, this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I swallowed and said, "then let's get following."

I climbed over the fence and began to follow the Celebi. Leo followed.

And not once did Ralts open his eyes.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

NBP

_

"Then let's get following." He said. We began to follow the time traveling Pokemon, farther into the Woods. We saw many Pokemon along the way, many who followed us and the Celebi.

It was not long before we came upon a fallen log where Celebi had stopped. I looked carefully and saw a baby Lickitung stuck underneath the fallen log, it was crying out for help.

"I think that is what Celebi wants you do, help out that Lickitung." I said, waiting to see what he was going to do.

_

Current Battle Stats:

_

Pokemon:

Encounters: ??? Sudowoodo - ??? Beedrill - Kecleon - Celebi

Pokemon Captured:

As we walked through the forest, many other wilds watched us passed, or even followed us for a distance. I saw many that I wanted to catch: a Paras, and Eevee, and many others.

However, I did not even consider disturbing this peaceful, magical trek through the darkening forest.

After a little while, I noticed that Celebi was flying, dancing almost, around a fallen log. At first I couldn't see anything, but when I crossed around to the other side of the log, a small Lickitung was trapped underneath it. It was feebly struggling against the massive weight, and emitting small cries.

"I think that is what Celebi wants you do, help out that Lickitung," Leo said. But before he could finish, I had darted around and started trying to lift the log.

However, I'm not that strong, so I couldn't manage it. Not by myself.

I kneeled down and took my backpack off, placing Ralts on the ground. His eyes were still squeezed firmly shut and his horn glowing slightly blue.

I took one of Ralts' few remaining treats out of the plastic treat bag and gave one to the Lickitung. It put the treat in its' mouth, which silenced it, but it still struggled.

"Ralts!" I cried out. "Help me out here! Use Psychic to help me lift the tree trunk!"

Ralts was startled out of his little ritual-thing, and he looked at the Lickitung. He frowned, and started to use his Psychic as I again attempted to lift the tree trunk.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

NBP

_

"Ralts!" I cried out. "Help me out here! Use Psychic to help me lift the tree trunk!" Ralts began to glow, putting all of its strenght into this attack. Slowly, the trunk rose off of the ground, high enough for the Lickitung to wiggle free. Then, out of no where a huge Lickilicky jumped out from the crowd and cuddled its baby. She smiled and thanked Jathan and were off. From the crowd, another Lickilicky came from the crowd. It seemed impressed by what the Ralts just did and it wanted to battle it.

"You up for it?" I asked.

_

Current Battle Stats:

_

Pokemon:

Encounters: ??? Sudowoodo - ??? Beedrill - Kecleon - Celebi - Lickilicky

Pokemon Captured:

I watched happily as the mother Lickilicky reclaimed her baby and bounded off. I was glad they were reunited, but at the same time I felt a twinge of regret. I really would have liked to catch it.

Then, the Universe decided to kick me in the nads, like it often did.

A big Lickilicky moved out from the crowd of wilds and nodded at me, appearing to challenge me to a battle.

Leo obviously had the same idea, as he asked me whether or not I wished to accept the challenge.

I gulped. That Lickilicky was massive, the final evolution of its' species, and Ralts was tiny, and unevolved. Furthermore, he wasn't even at full health after the Beedrill fight.

I looked at Ralts, asking his opinion silently. He took one last treat out of the bag and chewed it up, nodding while doing so.

I also realised that I did not want to deny the challenge in front of the large crowd and the Celebi. Besides, I wasn't going to make the "Beedrill mistake" again. I knew that Lickilicky was a Stage 1 Pokemon, and so I could catch him.

So, against my better judgment, I nodded back at the Lickilicky.

"You're on." I said.

The wilds all moved back, clearing a round circle in which we could do battle. I looked around and saw that the pseudo-clearing had a few trees in it - Ralts could use them to hide. Also, the daylight was almost gone - hopefully this would impair the Lickilicky, but Ralts wouldn't be affected because of his ability to psychically detect beings and their emotions.

Ralts had finished his treat, and he moved in front of me, ready to do battle.

"Okay, Ralts, I don't want you taking too many hits from that Lickilicky! Use Hypnosis to put it to sleep! And if that doesn't work, use Double Team to stay away from the Lickilicky!"

Ralts put his hands together in a praying pose, and then closed his eyes. Hypnosis was one of his favourite moves: it was a mental attack, not a physical one. He squeezed some of his energy into the front of his head, causing a minor headache, and then he opened his eyes, trying to meet the Lickilicky's. As soon as he did this, the edges of his pupils were tinged purple and the headache disappeared.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

BP

_

"You're on." He said to the Lickilicky.

"Okay, Ralts, I don't want you taking too many hits from that Lickilicky! Use Hypnosis to put it to sleep! And if that doesn't work, use Double Team to stay away from the Lickilicky!"

The Ralts was concentrating on the Lickilicky, sending several hypnotic waves at the large, pink, long tounged Pokemon. I was amazed it feel asleep. It was down, but not out. The Lickilicky mumbled something as electricity formed around its body, shooting it at the Ralts.

_

Current Battle Stats:

Ralts 60% - Lickilicky 100% Sleep 1

Hypnosis - Sleep Talk/Thunderbolt
    _

Encounters Remaining: 10

Pokemon:

Encounters: ??? Sudowoodo - ??? Beedrill - Kecleon - Celebi - Lickilicky

Pokemon Captured:

I smiled as the blue waves Ralts launched at the Lickilicky took effect, putting it to sleep. At least now its superior attack stat wouldn't be able to hurt Ralts for a while.

Then, the Lickilicky started murmuring something in its' sleep, and small sparks of electricity began twining around its' body.

I could almost feel the universe laughing at me.

The sparks grew larger, and then they lanced towards Ralts, combining into one large streak of electricity, shooting towards the tiny humanoid.

"Ralts, use Double Team to avoid the lightning, then attack with Dream Eater!" I called. Hopefully, I would be able to recover some of the health Ralts lost in the Beedrill fight.

Even as I thought this, I knew that this battle was an honourable one, not a wild versus like the Beedrill. I could, and would, end the fight if Ralts got too damaged. So I watched and waited as the lightning jumped towards Ralts and he clasped his hands together, preparing to shimmer out of sight.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast