URPG Milotic Evolution

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81

Thread: URPG Milotic Evolution

  1. #1
    The Antithesis of Fun Feng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Stanford 2015
    Posts
    1,602
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default URPG Milotic Evolution

    Well, I've had a question lingering in my head for awhile.

    Why does Milotic evolve from Feebas through a Soothe Bell in URPG? When it is possible to max out the beauty attribute.

    Then I noticed that the Soothe Bell evolution was established before the Contest Board was created.

    Why don't we revert the evolution method back to how the game mechanizes it as now?

    Last edited by Ataro; 17th July 2010 at 01:55 PM.




  2. #2
    Master of Hats and Ponies Lord Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    1,902
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by feng277394 View Post
    Well, I've had a question lingering in my head for awhile.

    Why does Milotic evolve from Feebas through a Soothe Bell in URPG? When it is possible to max out the beauty attribute.

    Then I noticed that the Soothe Bell evolution was established before the Contest Board was created.

    Why don't we revert the evolution method back to how the game mechanizes it as now?
    I have a better question: Why would we?

  3. #3
    a Pidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    babby's first
    Posts
    3,922
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
    I have a better question: Why would we?
    Because it will then be another nifty feature that matches in-game.

    I say yes. Buy contest berries people and play in contests :p I imagine most that say no just don't want to learn about berry blending.

  4. #4
    Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    I don't think it needs to change. Pidge makes a good note about trying to popularize Contests, but I don't know that one Pokemon would make enough of a difference; Feebas is already hard enough to get, and I don't know the cheapest way to max out the Beauty stat but I imagine it's more expensive than the soothe bell.
    Evan F's Stats

    Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

  5. #5
    Licensed Scientician DrStubbsberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,298

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    But isn't part of the point of URPG to simulate the experience in the games? Therefore shouldn't we change Feebas evolution to more closely approximate how it happens in the games. (and yes I'm aware that this argument could be expanded ad nauseum, but let's try to keep the discussion on topic)
    My newly revamped URPG Stats

    Looking for a battle? My AIM is DrStubbsberg. I'm also a ref, so I've got you covered either way.

    I own the Dewford Gym

  6. #6
    Master of Hats and Ponies Lord Fedora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    1,902
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Because it will then be another nifty feature that matches in-game.

    I say yes. Buy contest berries people and play in contests :p I imagine most that say no just don't want to learn about berry blending.
    It's less learning about berry blending and more that I don't want to spend that much money on something I'm never going to use again (the stat), not to mention that I'll want to or else it'll feel like a waste (and note, it's not that I don't do Contests due to apathy, but rather that I hate contests in general).

  7. #7
    ._. Synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,121
    Blog Entries
    226

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    Personally I think it should stay as is. If you're lucky enough to get a Feebas, you really wouldn't want to have to worry about berries and whatnot. =P

  8. #8
    a Pidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    babby's first
    Posts
    3,922
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    It's not to meant to popularize contests, that's just a minor benefit.

    I don't want to isn't an argument. And your own personal feeling of waste isn't either.

    The extra cost just makes your Milotic more special and valuable. Just as I expected, people don't want it because it's too much trouble/money/etc.
    Last edited by Pidge; 25th June 2010 at 02:50 PM.

  9. #9
    :) Stinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    Why fix it if it's not broken?

  10. #10
    Registered User Wrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    630
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    There is a point with Febass. Milotic is one of the hardest mons to get for a reason. I agree that it should be changed because before they had a reason to make it Soothe Bell, but now with contests, you should be able to get Milotic the right way.

  11. #11
    a Pidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    babby's first
    Posts
    3,922
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    Not a fix, a change.

  12. #12
    Registered User Wrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    630
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    I did the math and it costs 12,000 Contest Credits to get 250 Beauty. And it is not that hard to get another 7000 Contest Credits.

  13. #13
    pikachu in a highchair
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    pikachu in a highchair
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrave View Post
    There is a point with Febass. Milotic is one of the hardest mons to get for a reason. I agree that it should be changed because before they had a reason to make it Soothe Bell, but now with contests, you should be able to get Milotic the right way.
    There has always been Contents. IF it wasnt changed earlier dont think it would be changed now...

  14. #14
    URPG Moderator Ataro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,552

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    I don't think it needs to change. Pidge makes a good note about trying to popularize Contests, but I don't know that one Pokemon would make enough of a difference; Feebas is already hard enough to get, and I don't know the cheapest way to max out the Beauty stat but I imagine it's more expensive than the soothe bell.
    But Feebas is even much harder to get in the games?
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //

  15. #15
    a Pidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    babby's first
    Posts
    3,922
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: URPG Milotic Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrave View Post
    I did the math and it costs 12,000 Contest Credits to get 250 Beauty. And it is not that hard to get another 7000 Contest Credits.
    I figured out one for $9,000, although I think you can do it in less. btw, 255 is max.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •