URPG Dungeons - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: URPG Dungeons

Blog Entries

Default Re: URPG Dungeons

I'm obviously in for helping with something like this ^^.

How about doing it as "episodes", per se? Each run would have its own specific plot, and battles would be done as anime style (Rangers or Refs would be able to do them; Refs understand battle mechanics, Rangers already practically ref anime style battling). As each "episode" goes on, the DM of that one would control the plot and steer the group towards the end. Having a pre-made storyline made up would help, but for more experienced people, they could maybe do it as they go long.

Each episode could maybe last for 1-2 hours, depending on the number of people, what time it is, things like that.

As far as inactivity, perhaps set up SUs a week or so in advance for each episode? That way people know what it will happen and can organize their day to be in it if they want to. One episode every week (or every few days if activity turns out not to be an issue) seems like a good number, can help keep peoples' interest and give them something to look forward to.

Normal episodes can be AIM-based, and perhaps "specials" can be done during certain times of the year where it's held on the forum and allows more people and time for a much larger scale.

Prizes would still need to be worked out w/ this sort of thing. Perhaps how long you make it before your Pokemon are all KOed, or having certain goals decide the prize you get?

Blog Entries

I haven't really posted much, but I have been reading through the thread and I would like to help with this project.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

I love your suggestions DoH, and that kind of campaign would be amazing, but I think that's going more the Missions route than what the spirit of this is. I think the point behind these Dungeons is that they're short and self-contained as opposed to long and spanning. It sounds great to say that people can organise a time online, but in practise, I doubt very heavily that this will work, and it would be unfair on people that don't get regular free time. Besides, if the Missions (and some other URPG experiences) have taught me anything, it's that no matter how awesome URPGers may be it's folly to expect them to keep to a strictly timed schedule. Besides, most URPGers come here to relax - if their relaxation time has been scheduled like their job or their study then it starts becoming less relaxing.

tl;dr, I think the Dungeons should be kept small and contained, like FFAs in format. If the Dungeons in this style turn out to be a success, then and only then should we start looking at spanning storylines and regular events.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

What's been going on behind the secones with this, if anything? I really hope it wasn't given up on again.

@ChainReaction01

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Unfortunately, it kinda was. We tried to organise times to test Dungeons, but people had problems being on at the same time and there was time zone foolishness and it kind of just fell apart. I'd love to see them start up again, we just need a dedicated team.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Unfortunately, it kinda was. We tried to organise times to test Dungeons, but people had problems being on at the same time and there was time zone foolishness and it kind of just fell apart. I'd love to see them start up again, we just need a dedicated team.
    Well, learn from previous mistakes and don't just let anyone join. I think that's actually been the main cause of this dying both times, so you could screen enthusiasts to some extent. We have the ideas, dedication and a huge amount of the work done, so why give up?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234