Tournament Ideas - Page 6

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Tournament Ideas

Default Re: Tournament Ideas

Just an idea for a tournament. Bracket style, but you use mons that are rolled by the ref just before the battle begins, and the opponent uses the same mons. They would be rolled from a tier list similar to battle factory.

Ex. Trainer X has been drawn against Trainer Y in the first round. When they battle, the referee will roll dice in the chat to decide which mons they could use. Lets say its a 4v4, the ref could roll one from each tier, so each trainer could have the team of Alakazam, Aerodactyl, Conkeldurr and Beartic. All EMs and DW stuff would be available, as well as rental items, and they could decide HP type too.

This way the battlers are quite literally on a level playing field and would show who is the more skilled battler.
    SLCalamity likes this.
    URPG Stats

Airik 7:42 pm
    i just hope that when puberty hits he grows out of pokemon

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another couple of ideas.

An Anime Tournament, where you rent teams based on Anime trainers. If they have EMs or DW they are added.

Also

Type Master tournament, with the winners going into a tournament (I know there are 17 types, we'd have to do something about that)
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

Speaking of Type-master tournaments, when's the next Gym tourney?

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Keepin that EV train goin Elite Twit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Yeah I totally agree with you and TED on the activity-based thing. But the community is totally unreliable. Bracketed tournaments take months simply because people don't put in the effort to actually get any battles done. People complain about us not running enough tournaments, when the simple fact is that when they take six months to complete we can only run two a year.

The point of Keldeo was that it finished after exactly two weeks - nothing more, nothing less. Now, just a couple of weeks later, we can prepare another tournament. We could do it every month, instead of waiting for two-three months during the final rounds of a tournament for the final four people to actually battle.
    The answer is easy, though. Just enforce a time limit (one-two weeks) for each round with it maybe shortening here and there as the pool gets smaller and smaller through rounds, and enforce it for real. If people are going to sign up for it, they should be committed to it. If the battle can't be finished, kick out whoever deserves to be kicked out, or roll for somebody to advance if there actually is a situation where neither person deserves to be kicked out. I can see problems coming up here and there, but it's a lot better than the alternative where the whole thing gets dragged out.
    In any tourney I ran, wifi of course I can't comment on URPG tourneys since I wasn't here, it's usually those in the first and second rounds that slacked and disappeared. Most people were eagerly awaiting their match ups in the later rounds. And with all due respect to the veterans, if they are the ones that lose interest and just flake out, DON'T SIGN UP. After a couple of tourneys with time restrictions and it actually being enforced, it's easy to weed out those that are the flakes, and some of them won't even bother signing up anymore.

The FFA is doing well and moving along by just dropping those that don't send after a certain period of time. There's no reason every tourney can't have a time limit. It's only fair to the ref and all those that do want to actively participate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mubz View Post
    Just an idea for a tournament. Bracket style, but you use mons that are rolled by the ref just before the battle begins, and the opponent uses the same mons. They would be rolled from a tier list similar to battle factory.

Ex. Trainer X has been drawn against Trainer Y in the first round. When they battle, the referee will roll dice in the chat to decide which mons they could use. Lets say its a 4v4, the ref could roll one from each tier, so each trainer could have the team of Alakazam, Aerodactyl, Conkeldurr and Beartic. All EMs and DW stuff would be available, as well as rental items, and they could decide HP type too.

This way the battlers are quite literally on a level playing field and would show who is the more skilled battler.
    Eh honestly this seems like it would come down to a lot of speed ties and hax :x

I think a tag team battle would be fun, but no one ever likes double battles so....

And I definitely agree with SLC that a bye'd tournament > three people final

URPG

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elamite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mubz View Post

Eh honestly this seems like it would come down to a lot of speed ties and hax :x

I think a tag team battle would be fun, but no one ever likes double battles so....

And I definitely agree with SLC that a bye'd tournament > three people final
    A tag battle would be brilliant. My money's on Jolt/Greece. And yeah, I'd rather not have a 3 person final. That's the part that takes forever, not so much the rest of the tourney.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

I still think that Risk is a good idea

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Tag team doesn't necessarily mean double battles. Much like the exhibition battle of me, Buoy and Gman vs TED, we could keep it a single battle, but, say in a 4v4, each trainer could nominate 2 Pokémon to battle with and then work together to defeat the other.

I made it out to be more complicated than it was @_@

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMaster View Post
    I still think that Risk is a good idea
    Risk is based so much on everyone being active. Wouldn't work too well here unfortunately.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    Speaking of Type-master tournaments, when's the next Gym tourney?
    Gym Tourneys are always held at the end of the year. Don't worry, I'll be all over it in three months or so.

Ideas are getting super complicated and I cbf reading em all. My vote is for Gameboy Tournament, final choice.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    My vote is for Gameboy Tournament, final choice.
    >implying I'd use a diplomatic process :P

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    My vote is for Gameboy Tournament, final choice.
    >implying I'd use a diplomatic process :P
    There was no such implication, good sir. My statement was that given a choice, mine would be Gameboy.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

Looking back, Xali's World Tournament looked quite good.
    SLCalamity likes this.

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

LS-

We should obviously just do a Team Tournament.

Team of 4 or 5 people, they have a leader, leader discusses with the team and sends 5 pokemon and moves and we go on from there.

gg

Any form of tournament that involves more than 2 trainers battling will take very long because trying to sort out a time for 4 people to get online would be a pain in the ass(not to mention get a ref willing to ref a double battle because apparently everyone hates em).

Just do a GB tourney, too many rental tourneys recently.
    URPG Stats

Airik 7:42 pm
    i just hope that when puberty hits he grows out of pokemon

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast