Tournament Ideas - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament Ideas

Default Re: Tournament Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
    I like the idea of double elimination. It always sucks when you have an off day and make a bad call that costs you the battle, or you get uber-haxed or something.

===

So I have a tourney idea here. Basically it would be a Type tourney; all Pokemon who have one Type would be given another of the person's choice, and those with two types could have one of them changed to another of the person's choice. So someone could have an Electric/Flying Electrode or a Dragon/Ice Dragonite.

As for moves, I was thinking either Pokemon get no moves they normally couldn't learn of the Type they take, or could get one move they normally couldn't learn of the Type they take. For example, if someone has a a Psychic/Dragon Garchomp, then maybe Garchomp could be allowed to take Zen Headbutt as a move for the duration of the tourney. It could be noted in peoples' SUs which move they're taking, like Hidden Power is chosen and kept track of.
    Shedinja from Bug/Ghost to Dark/Ghost ^_^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SLC04 View Post
    Shedinja from Bug/Ghost to Dark/Ghost ^_^
    Sorry, Pokemon immune from any kind of damage from attacks are banned from taking part in these festivities. :P

inb4 Sandstorm, Toxic, Burn, Confusion, Hail, Leech Seed, or any number of things that would eat that 1 HP lol.

OKAY GUYS.

I had this idea for WAR, but since it probably won't be used, there's no reason why it can't work here.

Basically, we have about five or six teams, each managed by an official or moderator or whatever. Preferably people of somewhat equal battling ability. Afterwards, everyone can sign up, where they are then drafted by the managers, in turn. This should make the teams somewhat equal, and we could have some kind of WAR-esque event where we can eventually crown a winner.

I was lazy and couldn't be bothered to post most of the specifics, but hopefully you'll like it and I can expand on it.

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

OKAY GUYS.

I had this idea for WAR, but since it probably won't be used, there's no reason why it can't work here.

Basically, we have about five or six teams, each managed by an official or moderator or whatever. Preferably people of somewhat equal battling ability. Afterwards, everyone can sign up, where they are then drafted by the managers, in turn. This should make the teams somewhat equal, and we could have some kind of WAR-esque event where we can eventually crown a winner.

I was lazy and couldn't be bothered to post most of the specifics, but hopefully you'll like it and I can expand on it.
    So its a team tournament...?

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    OKAY GUYS.

Okay, I was lazier than I thought. Basically, it's more of an event structured like the WAR URPG section where people have to battle to some guidelines - for example, one week you have to use a monotype team (or get more points if you win using one). These battles have to be at least one person on a team vs one person on another team, and the winner gets points for their team. I'M REALLY BAD AT EXPLAINING. Then, the team with the most overall points win.

Probably prizes for the best individual battlers, but other than that it's just a bit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    OKAY GUYS.

Okay, I was lazier than I thought. Basically, it's more of an event structured like the WAR URPG section where people have to battle to some guidelines - for example, one week you have to use a monotype team (or get more points if you win using one). These battles have to be at least one person on a team vs one person on another team, and the winner gets points for their team. I'M REALLY BAD AT EXPLAINING. Then, the team with the most overall points win.

Probably prizes for the best individual battlers, but other than that it's just a bit of fun.
    So it's WAR without those other nonsense secetions? =P

Um, sort of building on that team idea, why not have some sort of URPG olympics? Events for each section would grant points to a team and the team with the most points overall would win. For example there could be a tournament, or a weekly battle thing like above, a writing festival, an RP contest I guess??? maybe a battle in RP or something along those lines?, a festival too. Maybe even an art section too? This way it would support a culmination of all of the sections of the URPG and encourage unity between the sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Krummhorn View Post
    Um, sort of building on that team idea, why not have some sort of URPG olympics? Events for each section would grant points to a team and the team with the most points overall would win. For example there could be a tournament, or a weekly battle thing like above, a writing festival, an RP contest I guess??? maybe a battle in RP or something along those lines?, a festival too. Maybe even an art section too? This way it would support a culmination of all of the sections of the URPG and encourage unity between the sections.
    I made a write up for this a long time ago, but once the move to TPW was announced, I figured it'd be too busy. If people are interested int he idea though, I could post my write up here.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Krummy, that sounds pretty epic and uses all areas. Thumbs up from Fossil!
    WinterVines 3:53 pm
    im sorry women are difficult
    i understand why some should stay in the kitchen

PLEASE EXCUSE THE NARRATIVE.

The URPG is comprised of many talented individuals. Some of us are brilliant tacticians, able to wipe out entire teams in only a few moves. Others are story tellers who craft epics that rival the novellas of Steinbeck and Hemingway. Still others are best at role playing, taking on new personas like we might put on a hat. Several are amazing coordinators who can use moves and Pokemon in ways that not even the Elite 4 can. More than a few are artists, either of traditional mediums or through designing software. But why do we compete? The story is as old as the URPG itself.

In the beginning, there was White Rider, and White Rider was with URPG, and White Rider was URPG. One day, in the time of White Rider's rule, the gods themselves descended from the heavens. "There are many among you," Zeus decreed, "but only one of you can be the best, like no one ever was."

"To please us," Ra added, "you must fight each other, to find out who is the strongest among you."

Cthulu made a sound suspiciously like Zoidberg, but more frightening, "WUWUWUWUWUWUWUWUWUWU!"

'How do we select the champions, the greatest of the greats, the best among URPGers?' the Old Ones asked.

*cue inspirational 80s montage*

Last edited by Alaskapigeon; 27th April 2012 at 05:29 PM.
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

I like how you played off my World Cup Tournament you nub! Whatever, the World Cup is better than the Olympics anyways.....
    In all seriousness though, I like this idea! :D

And maybe later I'll bring back my world cup tourney again :3
    From the PE2K URPG section.
    Yes I am a ref & yes, I made Soviet Bidoof

Questions/Comments/Concerns --> Imperialpineaple on aim.

SumerianRevenant 7:06 pm
    Ambipom @ 43.78% Par Spe+1 | Jolteon @ 88.62% Spe+1 | Moves?
    SR
    No
    I have done it both ways, multiple times
    And always get complaints either way
    SO FUUUUUUUU
    URPG Stats
    Challenge my PE2K URPG Gym: Sunyshore

mfw the tourney was 6 months before the World Cup.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xali View Post
    I like how you played off my World Cup Tournament you nub! Whatever, the World Cup is better than the Olympics anyways.....
    In all seriousness though, I like this idea! :D
    This is cool, do this again.

How about the EURO 2012 TOURNAMENT

We require a new tournament. That is all.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast