Suggestion Type Trainer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion Type Trainer

Default Re: Suggestion Type Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by eternus_situs View Post
    well then why dont they re enstate the dojos, if thats what they were for?

Adds another set of gyms/dojos which you need because theres what 8 gyms a region theres 5 regions so forty gyms in total plus the islands about 52 in total. theres more then 52 people in the urpg. maybe adding in the dojos again could be a good idea. :)
    Well, not everyone wants, or should have, a Gym or Dojo. They were first introduced because of the influx of new folks after the URPG expanded to BMG. Even then, some of them would sit empty for quite a while as the leaders went inactive, whether or not they mentioned they were going to.

When it comes to reviving them, I look back fondly on what the Dojo system taught me; it's part of why I'm still around, in fact, because it engaged me and kept me coming back to the forums. However, I don't know if we have a consistent enough set of new folks to bring it back and keep it running - how many new folks do we get on a weekly basis that don't even make it out of their first month?

What I'd really like to see instituted would be an official, or semi-official, apprentice program. Someone who was looking to become a Gym Leader could talk to a current Leader of their preferred type who would offer advice, help the person acquire Pokemon, and arrange for battles to get them practice. Maybe after a couple months of this, have a slightly revamped Dojo League that only ran for 6 months, enough time to get them practice but not so that it ran on forever.
    Evan F's Stats

Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

I think thats a perfect compremise even, I would happily second it and suggest that we try a trial practice of it.

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    Well, not everyone wants, or should have, a Gym or Dojo. They were first introduced because of the influx of new folks after the URPG expanded to BMG. Even then, some of them would sit empty for quite a while as the leaders went inactive, whether or not they mentioned they were going to.

When it comes to reviving them, I look back fondly on what the Dojo system taught me; it's part of why I'm still around, in fact, because it engaged me and kept me coming back to the forums. However, I don't know if we have a consistent enough set of new folks to bring it back and keep it running - how many new folks do we get on a weekly basis that don't even make it out of their first month?

What I'd really like to see instituted would be an official, or semi-official, apprentice program. Someone who was looking to become a Gym Leader could talk to a current Leader of their preferred type who would offer advice, help the person acquire Pokemon, and arrange for battles to get them practice. Maybe after a couple months of this, have a slightly revamped Dojo League that only ran for 6 months, enough time to get them practice but not so that it ran on forever.
    I think if we did something like this, we should limit who could challenge them, so it would be newbies only. They won't learn anything by being raped by people who've been around a long time. X_X
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapigeon View Post
    I think if we did something like this, we should limit who could challenge them, so it would be newbies only. They won't learn anything by being raped by people who've been around a long time. X_X
    but they wont learn anything from pwning newbs all day long either. maybe we should just let the more experienced people challenge them and after they have the badge they won't challenge again anyways.

and btw we've already done several mentor/apprentice programs all of whom have failed. I really doubt the 100th time is the charm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12