Suggestion: Team Rocket

View Poll Results: Is team Rocket a good idea?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    16 48.48%
  • No!

    10 30.30%
  • ....kinda/sorta?

    7 21.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Suggestion: Team Rocket

  1. #1
    Team Rocket recruit Zeferin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In a dark, cold box, and unsure why I'm here...
    Posts
    786

    Default Suggestion: Team Rocket

    I'm suggesting this: If the interaction areas *suggested in another thread* works out, a similar one about team rocket gets started. I mean, similar to how people write to catch pokemon, they have to rp well enough before a heist works out well *kinda like the national park*. I just really love team rocket and would love to rp as a member and not just write a story of how I am one to catch a pokemon *though I don't mind doing it*

    I'm wonder: what do you guys thing of this? If not anything, just a trail run of it to see if it'll work.

  2. #2
    Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    I would say wait and see how the main one turns out - if it's popular, enjoyable, or even feasible, for that matter. Then we can figure out if we want to expand into this.

    I'd also like to see the WAR take place, and see if that satisfies my cravings for villainy.
    Evan F's Stats

    Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

  3. #3
    Team Rocket recruit Zeferin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In a dark, cold box, and unsure why I'm here...
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    I was never on PE2K, so I don't know what WAR is. Is it similar to what I'm suggesting?

  4. #4
    Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    Not from what I've been able to piece together - it's an event, where you make more money from battles, and there are all sorts of mini-competitions for things like stories and fanart.
    Evan F's Stats

    Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

  5. #5
    Head of the URPG HKim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,443

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    Since this appears to keep coming up.

    Here are two threads from various WAR seasons:

    WAR Season 4 Rules Thread

    WAR Season 8 Score Tally

  6. #6
    Sorm Sormeki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    349

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    I think it could be an interesting idea myself. Perhaps even open up the door for other factions. Other teams from the games, maybe even a faction that is the original creation of the RP.

  7. #7
    Insanity is the one truth Senzura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,028
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    Really, if you want to RP stealing apokemon, just do it in stories. In URPG, its suppose to stay simple with just a simple premise. Write a story to catch, RP for a safari zone, and AIM a text battle. Its been that way for 11 yeras. Although Im not trying to general people, I think you've already been told this by some of the higher-ups. Lets please not turn URPG this into world of warcraft.


    URPG StatslNational Park
    Im a ranger in that URPG thing. ask me to...range?

    PM me if you have an idea for a signiture.

  8. #8
    I will follow her Sota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    Quote Originally Posted by Senzura View Post
    Really, if you want to RP stealing apokemon, just do it in stories. In URPG, its suppose to stay simple with just a simple premise. Write a story to catch, RP for a safari zone, and AIM a text battle. Its been that way for 11 yeras. Although Im not trying to general people, I think you've already been told this by some of the higher-ups. Lets please not turn URPG this into world of warcraft.
    I don't know if you realize this dude, but the national park got implemented less than a year ago and it could've been implemented much longer ago.

    URPG is a process, it can't be perfect. Even if it does take 11 years, pokemon games have kept coming out and changing things anyway.

    URPG is open to change and having as much fun as possible and being close to the pokemon games, which are not simple at all.

    If you don't understand URPG you won't understand this but whatever.

    That being said, I think this can be part of that RP thing the other guy suggested maybe? I'm not a big RPer but I know all this stuff can be pieced together. If it's not part of that then I really don't see it happening, but if it's with that things could work.

    And of course, WAR would be really cool at BMG but it wouldn't allow you to RP as Team Rocket unless the WAR RP or whatever revolved around it.

    URPG

    On her path.

  9. #9
    Forgot to pay the Monkey Trilroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    Would I do it? Probably not. Am I all for it? Hell yea.

    However, lets get through with finding out if we're getting an RP thread in the first place. Put me down for a maybe

  10. #10
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    I'm assuming you're the person who keeps bringing this up (I can't remember and I'm too lazy to check :P), so I'll say what I've seen people say before.

    What you're suggesting can easily be done in stories. Stories aren't limited to 'trainer going out and catching a Pokemon' - heck, we persuade you to NOT do that. If you want to write a story with a Team Rocket Grunt and the 'catching' of the mon is 'If the story passes, the heist is successful; if the story fails, the heist fails' go right ahead.

    You do not have to write stories as the person in your URPG stats. We just recommend that for people who're starting off writing stories.

  11. #11
    Head of the URPG HKim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,443

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    What my eager-to-help friend is saying is that we are confused as to what you are requesting, exactly.

    Are you asking for approval of a thread to help coordinate different URPG Rocket stories and such with other members. In that case, it's fairly easy to help you out.

  12. #12
    Team Rocket recruit Zeferin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In a dark, cold box, and unsure why I'm here...
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    Quote Originally Posted by HKim View Post
    Are you asking for approval of a thread to help coordinate different URPG Rocket stories and such with other members. In that case, it's fairly easy to help you out.
    Hmmm...That isn't a bad idea.

    What my origninal idea was more of an RP as a member of team rocket with the side benifit of stealing pokemon. I'm sorry that, after re-reading what I wrote, it sounded like I wanted to have a seperate thread to catch pokemon as a member of team rocket. That is 100% belonging in the story area of this site.

    What I was thinking was, as I said, an RP style as one would act and play as a member of team rocket *or whatever faction is decided as more popular* and in a way the national park lets user RP as a trainer or, with the neccessary skills, RP as a ranger. I didn't mean to say that I only was to catch pkmn as a rocket grunt, just have a way as people can act and RP as one.

    I was thinking that when I come to this site, I have hit really active times where I can get even a forum battle done fairly quickly. I have also hit really dead times where I have to wait for a ranger or a ref to post for me to get some more done. I don't think having users think that they can only come where once and a blue moon to play b/c off the occasional dead time.

    If, though, there was an RP area where a people could act as if they were one a journey *which is being discussed in the other forum, I believe* or as a member of team Rocket, then you satisfy those that have to wait for a ref, grader, ranger, etc. I am only suggesting Team Rocket b/c, like myself, some people prefer to RP as the villian.

    I hope this little seminar I seem to have written cleared up my idea of what I'm asking. Writing stories is a lot of fun, but not everyone feels confident to post a written story next to another person's if that one person writes as if they are an English major student. RP's are a bit more casual and open to all writing styles. Thank you for your time.

  13. #13
    Insanity is the one truth Senzura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,028
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    You know, I had a thought that could make this idea a little more feasible.

    How about a Team Rocket system that works like gym leaders and Elite four. There can be different Rocket executives, all lead by the leader, who would organize the group. The "badges" they could give out could be medals awarded for beating different executives.

    There could be some members that the leaders recruit to be grunts. In order to start battling exexutives, you would have to battle a certain amount of grunts.
    The current rocket leaderswhole job is to make sure that nobody can get to him, as after say...5 loses, he would have to leave team rocket (much like Giovanni). So there would be a bigger risk in being the controling leader than being an executive.

    It would also be the Leader's job to assign positions.


    This could be a fun little set of badges to try and obtain.

    Anyone want to help expand on this?
    Last edited by Senzura; 22nd April 2010 at 09:59 PM.


    URPG StatslNational Park
    Im a ranger in that URPG thing. ask me to...range?

    PM me if you have an idea for a signiture.

  14. #14
    Trainer Ordinaire evanfardreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    Quote Originally Posted by Senzura View Post
    You know, I had a thought that could make this idea a little more feasible.

    How about a Team Rocket system that works like gym leaders and Elite four. There can be different Rocket executives, all lead by the leader, who would organize the group. The "badges" they could give out could be medals awarded for beating different executives.

    There could be some members that the leaders recruit to be grunts. In order to start battling exexutives, you would have to battle a certain amount of grunts.
    The current rocket leaderswhole job is to make sure that nobody can get to him, as after say...5 loses, he would have to leave team rocket (much like Giovanni). So there would be a bigger risk in being the controling leader than being an executive.

    It would also be the Leader's job to assign positions.


    This could be a fun little set of badges to try and obtain.

    Anyone want to help expand on this?
    My original suggestion went along these lines. However, between all the different gyms we have, the new Fighting Dojo being opened, and the Elite Four, we've got plenty of that sort of thing already.

    The only other idea I've had was to make it part of the Park RP where you are RPing trying to steal Pokemon without the Rangers catching you, and their RP is trying to catch/stop you.
    Evan F's Stats

    Long Live the Ghost Dojo!

  15. #15
    Team Rocket recruit Zeferin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In a dark, cold box, and unsure why I'm here...
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Suggestion: Team Rocket

    Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    My original suggestion went along these lines. However, between all the different gyms we have, the new Fighting Dojo being opened, and the Elite Four, we've got plenty of that sort of thing already.

    The only other idea I've had was to make it part of the Park RP where you are RPing trying to steal Pokemon without the Rangers catching you, and their RP is trying to catch/stop you.
    I actually really like this idea. The same way you must have a quality post to attach and catch a pkmn, you must have to steal and avoid the rangers. I like the idea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •