"Secrecy" of the Staff Board - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: "Secrecy" of the Staff Board

Default Re: "Secrecy" of the Staff Board

Perfect outcome? Since no matter the outcome there is going to be at least one person who is going to bitch saying a notification on what the staff is doing on trivial matters is useless while another person will say that it's too vague no matter what, so no-one is going to be happy regardless.

I hardly see how a "possible" expansion was needed to be known in advance, after all it was not like the transfer was complete for months and no one was informed of it. This has literally turned literally to a mountain from a molehill, all because a member was handed leaked info and both the leaker and mouthpiece handled it in horrible fashion, even after being warned.

This has been going on in...what, three threads not counting this one? Just let things go back to normal, the boards were fine before and they'll be fine after.

Bitch/agree/comment whatever, done both lurking and following this debate.
    WinterVines, Xali and Alaskapigeon like this.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    We asked you guys. Here is proof.

I'm starting to wonder if this has a point any more. Let's put it out there openly: you guys seem to think that the Staff is too secretive, and the 95% disagree. What would you like us to do to try and fix this supposed problem? What do you think is the perfect outcome from this?
    1) That was in JULY! It's been too long without talk about it. As soon as you found a forum that you liked to have settled in, a new thread should have been made.

2) That wasn't anything specific. There's a difference about expanding in general, and expanding to a specific forum.

3) There's nothing you can do to "fix" the problem anymore. Just next time a topic that could affect the entire URPG comes up, bring it up to those that matter, not the 70% of officials and mods that don't battle or barely sign on.
    1) Doesn't matter, we still asked you, and took your opinions into consideration when deciding whether or not to expand.

2) Doesn't matter that it wasn't specific. I see no reason why we should have to say "we're approaching PokeMaxForum", "they've agreed to have us there", "we're almost done moving all the threads over", "I stopped to take a crap while updating the Refpedia". From what I can see, the only reason you and PichuBoy want continual updates from the Staff is your own curiosity.

3) Well, if there's nothing we can do to make you or PichuBoy happy with the situation, this thread might as well be closed because it's pointless bitching. I'm trying to ask what you guys would like the Staff to do so you don't feel the way you do currently, but if you're always gunna feel this way there is literally no point in me trying.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

LS-

I'm starting to wonder if this has a point any more. Let's put it out there openly: you guys seem to think that the Staff is too secretive, and the 95% disagree. What would you like us to do to try and fix this supposed problem? What do you think is the perfect outcome from this?
    1) That was in JULY! It's been too long without talk about it. As soon as you found a forum that you liked to have settled in, a new thread should have been made.

2) That wasn't anything specific. There's a difference about expanding in general, and expanding to a specific forum.

3) There's nothing you can do to "fix" the problem anymore. Just next time a topic that could affect the entire URPG comes up, bring it up to those that matter, not the 70% of officials and mods that don't battle or barely sign on.
    1) Doesn't matter, we still asked you, and took your opinions into consideration when deciding whether or not to expand.

2) Doesn't matter that it wasn't specific. I see no reason why we should have to say "we're approaching PokeMaxForum", "they've agreed to have us there", "we're almost done moving all the threads over", "I stopped to take a crap while updating the Refpedia". From what I can see, the only reason you and PichuBoy want continual updates from the Staff is your own curiosity.

3) Well, if there's nothing we can do to make you or PichuBoy happy with the situation, this thread might as well be closed because it's pointless bitching. I'm trying to ask what you guys would like the Staff to do so you don't feel the way you do currently, but if you're always gunna feel this way there is literally no point in me trying.
    Sounding pretty salty my friend.

1) Asking us before anything serious has been made is DIFFERENT. Why do you not understand that?

2) I don't want to know everytime you drop a fat log, that's just too much, but saying, "Hey guys, TPW is cool with us moving, discuss" is apparently too much for you guys.

3) You're the only one that sounds like they're bitching. :s

Also, do you lock every thread that you fail to settle?

Shutting down peoples opinions again....

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

HNGG.

I suggest the Report thread - you shoot it down because "it isn't necessary" (nothing ever has to be necessary to merit a change)
    I suggest that this be handled differently in the future - you shoot it down because I'm "the one person that is displeased".
    I suggest the URPG staff just be more open in general - you try to retcon saying "Oh, we always were", when considering a thread made OVER A YEAR AGO brought up exactly the same issues, I think it's obvious something is not being rectified here.

The point of this forum is to discuss. We are discussing. If you close this thread, you will literally not hear the last of me until it is reopened.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

1. To further expand on LS first point, half of the people that posted in that thread aren't even as active anymore.
    2. Nothing to explain, like literally, common sense. @ LS 2nd pt.
    3. Quoting LS for truth. By default also making me agree with MK. @ LS 3rd point

4. My own point and question:
    Do these two statements not seem contradictory? I think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies...
    Anyway, what I think time after time you fail to understand is that there really isn't much going on in the staff boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey
    As Chainy has already mentioned, if it weren't for all the leaks, we would have been able to focus 100% on the TPW expansion. We would have moved a lot further along with it and probably announced a date by now. Instead we've had to deal with a select few working against the majority
    And as far as I know, the leaks barely got out last week.
    So which of these two/three officials do we believe?

Cuz I find it hard to believe that hardly anything gets done in the boards, yet enough has gotten leaked to cause some sort of disruption.
    LS- likes this.
    From the PE2K URPG section.
    Yes I am a ref & yes, I made Soviet Bidoof

Questions/Comments/Concerns --> Imperialpineaple on aim.

SumerianRevenant 7:06 pm
    Ambipom @ 43.78% Par Spe+1 | Jolteon @ 88.62% Spe+1 | Moves?
    SR
    No
    I have done it both ways, multiple times
    And always get complaints either way
    SO FUUUUUUUU
    URPG Stats
    Challenge my PE2K URPG Gym: Sunyshore

Do you guys not remember back in January when Pidge told everyone in an FFA chat (about 15-20 people) that we were possibly expanding? I sure do. Several people started buzzing about it and it was mostly positive. A couple of people made accounts, and asked Pidge about it in the chat, where he answered some questions.That actually sounds a LOT like what Haze was doing. Point being, people have known that this was on the horizon for quite a while.

Trophies

If you didn't notice, the "majority" of the urpg members are basically (not sure if I can say this) dick riders. They don't have a sense of what is going on and just listen to the "leaders" and think they're 100% right 100% of the time because they don't know better.
    I'm sorry, what exactly are you accusing everyone of here? If they agree with us, then they're mindless sheeple? Only people who disagree are the ones that know what they're talking about and can have an informed opinion? That's incredibly hypocritical if you're accusing us of thinking we're always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xali View Post
    Do these two statements not seem contradictory? I think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies...
    Anyway, what I think time after time you fail to understand is that there really isn't much going on in the staff boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey
    As Chainy has already mentioned, if it weren't for all the leaks, we would have been able to focus 100% on the TPW expansion. We would have moved a lot further along with it and probably announced a date by now. Instead we've had to deal with a select few working against the majority
    And as far as I know, the leaks barely got out last week.
    So which of these two/three officials do we believe?

Cuz I find it hard to believe that hardly anything gets done in the boards, yet enough has gotten leaked to cause some sort of disruption.
    No, I don't think they are contradictory, because I actually know what's in the staff boards. Generally, there isn't much going on. Occassionally there is. It's what the board is for. You're taking an example from the past week when we WERE trying to make ome improvements, and using it as a sample for its usual activity.
    Last edited by Monbrey; 1st March 2012 at 05:05 PM.

LS-

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    If you didn't notice, the "majority" of the urpg members are basically (not sure if I can say this) dick riders. They don't have a sense of what is going on and just listen to the "leaders" and think they're 100% right 100% of the time because they don't know better.
    I'm sorry, what exactly are you accusing everyone of here? If they agree with us, then they're mindless sheeple? Only people who disagree are the ones that know what they're talking about and can have an informed opinion? That's incredibly hypocritical if you're accusing us of thinking we're always right.

No, I'm just saying that a lot of people agree with mods because of the fact that they are a "higher" authority, so they will always defend mods even though they have no idea what is going on.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Honestly, I'm done with this. It's pointless discussion and accusations. If someone knows of a way I can help out the situation, please PM/IM/VM me and I'll do my best to help you. Otherwise, I'm out. Good luck, Monbrey.

/follows Akinai out
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Trophies

No, I'm just saying that a lot of people agree with mods because of the fact that they are a "higher" authority, so they will always defend mods even though they have no idea what is going on.
    The reason mods get defended isn't because they're a mod. It's because the members think the mod made the right call the last however many times, so they'll probably make the right call this time. It's why people get to be mods in the first place. So yeah, the staff and the mods in particular are a higher authority. I'm sure one of them can ban you for a little while to prove it if you'd really like.
    Stinky and Alaskapigeon like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette View Post
    Do you guys not remember back in January when Pidge told everyone in an FFA chat (about 15-20 people) that we were possibly expanding? I sure do. Several people started buzzing about it and it was mostly positive. A couple of people made accounts, and asked Pidge about it in the chat, where he answered some questions.That actually sounds a LOT like what Haze was doing. Point being, people have known that this was on the horizon for quite a while.
    A FFA chat? That makes everything better!

Newsflash: I wasn't there. There will have been people other than me that weren't there.

However, thank you for proving my point that nothing bad would come of being informed. Pidge told people about the expansion, and I'm guessing he told them TPW was the possible candidate. They went over and "spammed" TPW with it, but oh look, it seems the mods went ahead with it anyway. So, tell me again how this was so detrimental to the expansion? Because, as mods have said themselves, the only thing halting progress at the moment is the leaking.

@ChainReaction01 (mentioning so that you actually check) I posted what you could do to help out. You've just pegged everything down to being unnecessary, when I've given you links to other people, in plain text, saying they think that "staff board" issues should be more public.

Monbrey, I'm sick of linking the thread from Dec '10, so I'm not going to do so again, but seeing as this issue has been brought up many a time before, obviously something is going wrong every time.

And ok, ban me and LS to prove your authority. Me and LS have done nothing wrong, so I'd love to see your reasoning for it. I mean, flaunting power is a very responsible, mod-like thing to do, amirite?
    MORE CAPS

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    Monbrey, I'm sick of linking the thread from Dec '10, so I'm not going to do so again, but seeing as this issue has been brought up many a time before, obviously something is going wrong every time.

What exactly is going wrong? Is it that every time there hasn't been any valid reason to that what you're demanding is required? It's been discussed, over and over again, and every time there are reasons it could be done, and reasons it isn't even remotely needed. Who is it going wrong for exactly?

And ok, ban me and LS to prove your authority. Me and LS have done nothing wrong, so I'd love to see your reasoning for it. I mean, flaunting power is a very responsible, mod-like thing to do, amirite?

That's not what my point was at all. I didn't say you needed or deserved a ban. But LS was implying the mods have no authority. Nothing more than a friendly reminder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post

What exactly is going wrong? Is it that every time there hasn't been any valid reason to that what you're demanding is required? It's been discussed, over and over again, and every time there are reasons it could be done, and reasons it isn't even remotely needed. Who is it going wrong for exactly?

That's not what my point was at all. I didn't say you needed or deserved a ban. But LS was implying the mods have no authority. Nothing more than a friendly reminder.
    No, what's going wrong is that the mods are privately discussing stuff which should be public. Y'know, the entire point of the thread. And considering this comes up usually every time a big decision is made, then that brings us back to obviously the mods are doing something wrong.

And LS's point was that for some people, they just think "Whatever, mods are right, anyone who opposes them is obviously wrong". Considering a couple of people have given me a response to that effect, he's got a point.
    MORE CAPS

No, I don't think they are contradictory, because I actually know what's in the staff boards. Generally, there isn't much going on. Occassionally there is. It's what the board is for. You're taking an example from the past week when we WERE trying to make some improvements, and using it as a sample for its usual activity.
    Great, occasionally is a much better word.
    But again, I don't believe that EVERYTHING regarding the expansion took place since the beginning of last week. Surely there had to be at least an idea of opening a discussion several weeks, if not months, before today.

I personally am saying that actually being open instead of simply talking about it would be cool. So like, you didn't have to get into super specifics. When you initially began to discuss in the mod boards, you could've posted something in the accesible forums for all the members. I mean something along the lines of "We're finally considering expansion, and will begin discusing it amongst ourselves. We will let you know of any further information we when we feel the time is appropriate"

That's not too revealing at all and it let's those who actually care about new happenings be in the know. You guys as officials claim to be busy with stuff and I take you on your word for it, but y'know, it appears more credible when even a hint is sent our way. I'm not saying to release all your info, I trust the officials have the collective ability to draw a fine line between what can and cannot be made public. Clearly you guys can, because as you have admitted, it would not have been a bad idea to say that expansion was already beyond its "on the table" stage.

So again, walk the walk, don't just talk it. ie: Make simple announcements, don't just say you will and not end up doing it.
    I think thats what LS and MK are trying to get at.
    Last edited by Xali; 1st March 2012 at 05:32 PM.
    From the PE2K URPG section.
    Yes I am a ref & yes, I made Soviet Bidoof

Questions/Comments/Concerns --> Imperialpineaple on aim.

SumerianRevenant 7:06 pm
    Ambipom @ 43.78% Par Spe+1 | Jolteon @ 88.62% Spe+1 | Moves?
    SR
    No
    I have done it both ways, multiple times
    And always get complaints either way
    SO FUUUUUUUU
    URPG Stats
    Challenge my PE2K URPG Gym: Sunyshore

LS-

The reason mods get defended isn't because they're a mod. It's because the members think the mod made the right call the last however many times, so they'll probably make the right call this time. It's why people get to be mods in the first place. So yeah, the staff and the mods in particular are a higher authority. I'm sure one of them can ban you for a little while to prove it if you'd really like.
    Never said that... I just think that you guys are not as above and beyond as the rest of us as you make yourselves sound. You're just another member. Sure, you're given a shiny name and get a few things to be in charge of. At this point, you're really not arguing anything anymore. Now, you're just forcing your power on me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast