Against Staff Boards
1. A lot of the stuff that is discussed in the staff boards is inappropriate for that section. Quite a lot of the time, it's felt that these sort of topics are quite clearly Trainer's Court-worthy, as they rely on the members being happy as well. However, it's important to note that this isn't saying "eradicate the staff boards and post everything in the Trainer's Court", because as mods have said, this would just end up being untidy. Rather, a suggestion similar to the one in point 2 should be implemented. You don't really provide a lot of examples here. From what I can see of the staff meeting though, I do believe that most of it should've been kept private. I could care less about the contest stuff or the new park zone (sorry judges and rangers, those points weren't uber significant), but the expansion stuff should've been. Even a mention that we might be expanding somewhere would've been bad. Here's my reasoning: every time any major change is mentioned, we do get some good feedback. However, that feedback comes from regular members who are on every day or every other day or something like that. People like the staff themselves, Maverick, Captain Dude, Webbie, you, Buoysel, etc. Then of course, there is the BAD feedback. (Note when I say good or bad, I mean constructive criticism vs. trolling, not positive and negative) People who come on once a month or less suddenly feel the need to speak up and say "THIS DIDN'T WORK BEFORE AND I WAS AGAINST IT BEFORE AND IT'LL FUCK EVERYTHING UP AND I'M AFRAID OF CHANGE". They post, and they spam, and make everyone else nervous and nothing gets done. I don't mind people coming up with reasons against something, if they're smart about it. I didn't like the idea of expanding at first, however, with our current lull in activity, I think it might be a smart idea, however, I agree with other people's statements (such as Xali's) that we have a lot to fix with the main URPG if we really want to keep new members.
2. Members are kept in the dark for a considerable amount of time for some issues. A suggestion has been to create a "Weekly Report" thread, to which Bumble and Ataro both said they liked the sound of, and they would bring it up. Ironically, I have seen no thread in the Trainer's Court about it, so I can only assume it's been brought up in the staff boards (which evidently brings us back to point 1). Things that members are kept in the dark on are kept that way because of what I previously mentioned. Sure, I'd like to have TPW confirmed, but it's not like the Staff never mentioned moving. There was a bleeding thread in either the general section or the trainer's court (cba to remember which) about possible expansions months ago, and they even confirmed that they were asking around. Hell, I went and made accounts on all the major forums to scope them out, just in case. It's not like we never hear anything. Do some thread digging.
3. It's not just members that feel this way. I'll be pretty blunt - one thing you can't deny is that someone who has access to the mod boards is leaking information from it. They obviously think this information is not worthy of being kept private. Haze, an ex-mod, has also made points that he feels the staff boards are too private. Whoever's leaking from the mod board may not be your friend, dude. That person may not have the URPG's best interests at heart either. It could go either way. It could be honest good intentions or heartless trolling. Too soon to say, so I think that point is a bit moot. As for Haze... well, if I say anything on the forums, I'm sure to be attacked, but I can explain that away pretty nicely if you care to IM or PM me.
For Staff Boards
1. Some discussions aren't suitable for members' eyes from the get-go. Some of the mods feel that, using the expansion as an example, posting information about it too early would've been detrimental to the actual result of an expansion, due to getting people's hopes up, the idea being shot down, etc... However, counter-arguments include that the URPG is mature enough to handle rejection. I agree once again with the previous posters that the URPG isn't mature enough to handle rejection. I mean, you've seen what we do. I'm including myself here. All it takes is one semi snotty rejection note and everyone would be spamming all over the damned place. Aside from that, we have a very large population of trolls. I won't name names, but really think about every, single member, and tell me that you want ALL of them to have access to sensitive information.
2. It's impossible to please everyone. An implementation that one person loves, another person might hate. Not everyone can be kept happy by every decision. I don't really understand what you're saying here. I mean, maybe somebody said something like this at some point, but it was probably primarily out of being a bit flustered by recent going ons. I don't think this is a real reason for not having a lot of Staff info public.
3. Stfu and listen to the mods. To anyone who is thinking of saying this, please refer to the size 5 bolded text at the top of this post. Shut. Your. Goddamned. Mouth. This is just aggressive and counter productive. By saying this, you're just basically verbally jacking yourself off because you're implying you're ever so much more civil than the sodding staff, WITH YOUR EARL GREY TEA AND YOUR BLOODY CRUMPETS. In any case, you're really asking for it, and you're lucky that I respect the Staff and BMG management or I'd give you something to write home about, babe.