Safari Zone Implemented Into the URPG

Thread: Safari Zone Implemented Into the URPG

Thumbs up Safari Zone Implemented Into the URPG

I was thinking that since we have most aspects of the pokemon video games already added to the URPG, that we should try to add one of the coolest parts of the games into it, the Safari Zone. I was thinking that it could work basically the same way as the Underground does. You pay a set fee (obviously more than the UG) for a chance to catch a mon at the Safari Zone. I think that catch rates/chances could be based off of the story tiers (medium, hard, complex, etc), and that you can only get Basic mons and mons who have no evolutions. Of course, the idea could use polishing, and I think that AceTrainer14 had a lot of good ideas to add to the conversation, but I think that if we figured out a way to do this, it could be a great way to widen your collection and catch mons you would have to write a story for otherwise.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Safari Zone Implemented Into the URPG

I would think that the National Park covered the Safari Zone, but this is an interesting idea nonetheless.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

Me too. I mean, its a good idea, but that's what the Park is for.

If you are talking about what the UG does, where you just roll for 'mons, well that seems a bit too easy. I mean, you can buy a lot of common Pokemon at the mart already, so you'd really be going in there for more rare Pokemon.
    Faith
    Siggie by Dragoness, aka me | Married 2 Noble One

追放されたバカ

If you were to go with a roll system like the underground, perhaps there would be a merit in adding a risk element. There is a chance that you could encounter no mon at all. If you pay a higher entry fee, you are more likely to encounter and capture a rarer pokémon, however with every encounter there is a % chance that you will fail. For example, if the standard entry fee was 5k

5k - Venonat - Common - 5% encounter chance - 20% escape chance
    5k - Scyther - Rare - 1% encounter chance - 30% escape chance

If however, you paid 10k to enter

10k - Venonat - 3% encounter chance - 5% escape
    10k - Scyther - Rare - 8% encounter chance - 10% escape chance

Obviously, the specific mechanics would have to be organised with somebody with more creativity than myself, but it could be an interesting thing to try out. I think a limit on usage per month like the Underground could have merits as well.

This is not a good idea IMO. Getting rare mons for no effort is not fair, especially since paying more means you have a higher chance of getting it so people with more money get it easier. I can understand that the idea can use some polishing, but i genuinly dont think it will work.
    URPG Stats

Airik 7:42 pm
    i just hope that when puberty hits he grows out of pokemon

I dont think that the more you pay the better chances you get either. That just makes it easier for rich folks to get rare mons. It's a set fee and there's a certain chance for you to get certain mons. There's also a chance to get nothing which means that it isn't just a free mon every month. Plus, the fee would be closer to 10k, which means you'd be wasting money if you end up with a simple mon or mart mon. I agree, it shouldn't just be easy mons, there would obviously need to be a chance to get something bad, just like the UG.

So all you have created is another UG? how does it differ, apart from the different mons?
    URPG Stats

The whole point is that it will operate the same basic way that the UG does, but instead of getting items, you get mons. I thought that this was a fairly simple idea...

Blog Entries

IMO it's a great idea, as long as it runs Perhaps add a poll to this thread, probably won't do anything more than say who's for or against the idea..

Being able to get rare strong mons for no effort is not something i am fond of. For example, before URPG came to BMG, aerodactyl was available in underground, but because being able to get such a strong mon for literally no effort and a little luck meant it was removed, and spiritomb was also made harder to get. i accept that it will be harder to get rarer mons, but there will be a lot of people doing this, so getting a rare mon wont mean that you would have to be unbelievably lucky.
    URPG Stats

This won't fly. Doesn't matter how many votes you get, the only votes that matter are the officials/mods that have to approve it, and I can already tell you that they won't. Just sayin'
    Even in death, there is no command but MINE!™°|
    White FC: 0776 8732 5101
    3DS FC: 4914 3333 8109 IGN: Jerome

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    This won't fly. Doesn't matter how many votes you get, the only votes that matter are the officials/mods that have to approve it, and I can already tell you that they won't. Just sayin'
    Agreed. Even if Pokemon only have a 1% chance, if you're not doing anything to earn it, this will never be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Monbrey View Post
    Agreed. Even if Pokemon only have a 1% chance, if you're not doing anything to earn it, this will never be allowed.
    This about sums it up.