Proposal: Stat League?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposal: Stat League?

Default Proposal: Stat League?

With the limited availability of Gyms, I've been thinking of some creative original League ideas. They may not be necessary, thanks to the Dojo League and the inevitable Isshu League, but I thought I'd put one of my ideas out there, in case it's interesting enough to implement.

The idea is simple: A league of 6 Gyms, each of which, instead of representing one of the elemental types, represents one of the six stats of Pokemon: HP, ATK, DEF, S.ATK, S.DEF, and SPD.

The requirements for Pokemon for each Gym Leader would be simple: Every Pokemon of the SPD Gym Leader would have to have a Base Speed of 120 or more. Looking at a list of Pokemon by Base Stats, the 120 Standard would work for all Stats (with the possible exception of HP).

In any case, it's just an idea I had. It's up to the community to praise it or shoot it down, and up to the staff to decide if it's even warranted.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proposal: Stat League?

I wouldn't mind this as I had my own idea with Weather league and stuff like that.

I like the idea except for the HP one. It wouldn't give much variety, suince the star player there would be Blissey no matter what. But the other stats could be implemented nicely.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I would definitley take part in this, it sounds very cool :)

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

I've been thinking about this kinda thing too, though not a Stats league cause I doubt I'd ever think of that, but was actually wondering if the Frontier was gonna be added. I really like the idea though, its unique ^^
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa

Insanity is normal, whats weird is those who are still sane
    White FC: 1162 9053 3913 Black FC: 2150 7869 1755

Uhm... limited? There are 37 actual gyms in all (8 from each region and 4 orange island, and the chapion) and for you bmgers there are 15 dojos, so in all that's 52 optional gym/dojo's for you guys. How is that limited? If you look there are gyms that are open, and I think a dojo might be open too. Also with the Isshu region coming out that's another 8 more gyms. Another league I think would be too much, maybe they can have one AFTER the dojo league is over and done with. The idea is cool, but it's just too much.
    Last edited by Zombie Muse; 20th July 2010 at 03:58 PM.

While I do think this is a cool idea, it would probably be better not to do it right now. No offense to anyone, but I don't think you guys are ready quite yet to have a gym where pe2kers can battle you. I also think it'd be better if the current lineup of gyms in place could get dedicated leaders, rather than gym hoppers.

追放されたバカ

Why not turn it into a tourney type proposal thing x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Muse View Post
    Uhm... limited? There are 37 actual gyms in all (8 from each region and 4 orange island, and the chapion) and for you bmgers there are 15 dojos, so in all that's 52 optional gym/dojo's for you guys. How is that limited? If you look there are gyms that are open, and I think a dojo might be open too. Also with the Isshu region coming out that's another 8 more gyms. Another league I think would be too much, maybe they can have one AFTER the dojo league is over and done with. The idea is cool, but it's just too much.
    Sorry, limited was the wrong word. I'm mainly thinking about the future... As more BMGers gain more experience, I predict we'll see a situation where there are quite a few Gym Leader-worthy members that can't even hope for a gym due to those positions being filled by PE2Kers.

So this isn't so much an immediate proposal, but the longer the idea has to develop, the easier it will be to implement if it becomes viable.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoku View Post
    Sorry, limited was the wrong word. I'm mainly thinking about the future... As more BMGers gain more experience, I predict we'll see a situation where there are quite a few Gym Leader-worthy members that can't even hope for a gym due to those positions being filled by PE2Kers.

So this isn't so much an immediate proposal, but the longer the idea has to develop, the easier it will be to implement if it becomes viable.
    People come and go. There are some gyms that could easily be replaced by the more skilled BMGers right now and tbh whenever there are activity checks for gyms, I don't really think some people are very active cause you could come on once every 2 weeks, and that's not really active. So yeah, if you BMGer want a gym and think you're skilled enough for it, challenge the leader for ownership.

And lemme quote myself from before too..

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
    Last edited by TheEvilDookie; 20th July 2010 at 05:45 PM.

What is the stat thing, like what was in Petalburg gym? I don't really remember it that well but I know the gym trainers had something to do with stats...

I'd love for extra stuff like that to be added as long as it relates to the games, it's not like gyms don't get a little old since they are all type-based.

Perhaps it could be a tourney thing, lots of creative tourneys are nice.

Props for my first post in like a month too!

URPG

On her path.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
    The tournament idea does seem nice, for a couple of reasons. It would allow this idea to come to fruition, even if a League is never established. Also, it will be a good test to see if such a League would be fun/successful.

In short, I would find a tourney more than acceptable. Thanks for the suggestion.

pikachu in a highchair We Taste Pies...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoku View Post
    The tournament idea does seem nice, for a couple of reasons. It would allow this idea to come to fruition, even if a League is never established. Also, it will be a good test to see if such a League would be fun/successful.

In short, I would find a tourney more than acceptable. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Wanna explain how this would work as a tourney?

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    Still working on that... XP

Worst case scenario, it gets made into something similar to the Dojo League. Biggest problem with that, though, is that there are 16 Dojos, and only 6 Stats...

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by We Taste Pies... View Post
    My form of a tourney idea would be different from his probably :P My idea would be like you need a mon who specializes in one stat so you have a team of 6 each specializing in one stat. For the people who are less experienced, they could just rent a mon with tms/a bm and yeah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast