Phaze Clause

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Phaze Clause

Default Phaze Clause

Phaze moves are moves like Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, and Circle Throw.

I'm just curious to see what everyone else thinks about it. We have Accuracy and Evasion Clauses, so why not?

Default Re: Phaze Clause

I like this. Under this clause could Dragon Tail for example still cause damage but just not have the resulting effect?
    I speak four languages, help me practice please
    Hablas conmigo en español, por favor
    Vous parlez avec moi en français, s'il vous plaît
    我正在学中文

I think they still should. On Serperior, for example, Dragon Tail is a viable attacking move.

I don't really think this is the best idea. Roar and the like are pretty much there as a counter and check to sweeps and annoying teams that baton pass from mon to mon. If you enter a 4v4+ match with someone and this clause is on, and they have something sweeping that you don't have a direct counter to, Roaring away their boosts might be your only option. And Dragon Tail without its effect is essentially a less accurate, physical Dragonbreath, and when is the last time that was used in a serious battle? Accuracy and Evasion got clauses because they're not considered fair by most, and there's no strategy involved in using them. Phazing is legitimate for getting rid of problem mons and allowing yourself more time to get a counter for them.

I realize that it IS pretty annoying if someone is spamming, but they're decreased priority which allows you to Taunt or attack before they can get their move off, so phazing itself is already pretty easy to counter. A fast mon with an acc/eva move however, is not always.

A phaze in DPPt is worse than a KO, and nine times out of ten its not used to stop sweeps, just used when people don't know what else to do. If you want to use it, then don't agree to the clause.

And for the record, I think phazing is perfectly acceptable in Revo.

EDIT: We wonder why outsiders look down on the URPG, but then officials go and post pictures like that in a serious thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Dude View Post
    A phaze in DPPt is worse than a KO, and nine times out of ten its not used to stop sweeps, just used when people don't know what else to do. If you want to use it, then don't agree to the clause.

And for the record, I think phazing is perfectly acceptable in Revo.

EDIT: We wonder why outsiders look down on the URPG, but then officials go and post pictures like that in a serious thread.
    Why does everyone think the rest of BMG looks down on us ;-; Everyone I've talked to has been perfectly polite and seems to have no negative opinions towards us.

Anyways, I don't know enough about battling mechanics to really argue, but I remember battling Kai back when she had Water Dojo and she roar'd out my Clamperl in DPPT. Maybe this clause could only be used with DPPT or something.
    我正在学中文

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There would be a few problems, but only a few.

Would Dragon Tail still have its low priority. If it did there would be few uses for it.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Sure! Heck, while we're at it, why not also put in a Paralysis Clause - it really irritates me, and I can't be bothered to counter it myself. Ooh, and I'm also pretty annoyed when people stop me using Sub and other non-attacking moves - can we implement a Taunt Clause? In fact, why not just have "Battle Clause - battles are disallowed because of their unfairness"?

lrn2counter.

Serious notes: Like Roulette said, phasing moves are self-penalising because of their low priority, and except for a few cases, it doesn't end up in the battle relying on hax/luck (unlike ACC and EVA moves).
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Implying Accuracy and Evasion aren't more easily countered than phazing is. Not luck related? Is that serious? So its not luck if my Rotom-W gets dragged out against an Infernape? Its not bad luck if my permabasic gets dragged out?

Not only that, but you are so immature PichuBoy. God forbid someone tries to have an opinion, you people will just talk down to them. Great atmosphere for keeping members. Applaud yourself. But thats not just you, theres a ton of members like that.

I don't think anyone is getting mad at URPG if we post pics in our threads >_>

But MK is right. If we put a clause on every type of move that people don't like, pretty soon we'll have a clause for everything that isn't an attacking move. And you say "don't agree to it", but that isn't the case in a gym or E4 battle where leaders make the rules. If a leader has a team that focuses heavily on baton passing and statting up, people are going to have a difficult time beating them.

Pokemon like Espeon would become completely broken in this clause, since you could pass huge defs/speed/attack bonuses to it and couldn't even par or cripple it to slow it down. Dragon Tail is about the only counter to a boosted, sweeping espeon, and if you cut that out it would just run rampant. Also, it's been known to all that you keep a permabasic in your stats at your own risk. I've had it roared out before and it sucks, but I'm willing to risk the 1/65 chance. But anyway, I don't see how this is such a huge problem that it needs a clause. Normally clauses are reserved for broken aspects of the game, and I don't feel like phazing moves are. Dragon Tail/Circle throw aren't learned by a whole hell of a lot of mons, and Roar/Whirlwind are Tauntable and usually somewhat predictable.

Well yeah, leaders are supposed to have the advantage. Thats why there are Ice-type leaders who turn off the Freeze Clause.

By the way, phazing isn't the only way to stop a sweep. You could stop them statting up in the first place. If someone is able to stat up on you, then they outsmarted you. Phazing them out is a cheap and coward move, and it is broken.

I'm not sure how it's broken. They're guaranteed to go last, the damaging moves are nerfed by the small amount of mons that learn them, and the others can be taunted. Broken = not having a counter, and there are plenty of things that counter this problem. In no way does this warrant something as major as a clause being added. If you don't do enough to prevent being phazed out, then YOU aren't doing your job as a battler and didn't "outsmart" your opponent enough.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Dude View Post
    Well yeah, leaders are supposed to have the advantage. Thats why there are Ice-type leaders who turn off the Freeze Clause.

By the way, phazing isn't the only way to stop a sweep. You could stop them statting up in the first place. If someone is able to stat up on you, then they outsmarted you. Phazing them out is a cheap and coward move, and it is broken.
    Not 100% true, it takes no skill or smarts whatsoever to get a sweep going using a Blaziken.

This doesn't really bother me, if it's implemented and people don't want to battle using it then they just don't turn it on.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette View Post
    I'm not sure how it's broken. They're guaranteed to go last, the damaging moves are nerfed by the small amount of mons that learn them, and the others can be taunted. Broken = not having a counter, and there are plenty of things that counter this problem. In no way does this warrant something as major as a clause being added. If you don't do enough to prevent being phazed out, then YOU aren't doing your job as a battler and didn't "outsmart" your opponent enough.
    Let me get this straight.

Clause worthy = broken
    broken = no counter

So you're telling me that accuracy and evasion are harder to counter than phazing? Please do explain.

I wouldn't MIND having this clause for DPPT but other than that I have no strong feelings one way or the other. Let's all try to be courteous and tone it down. I don't think this is an issue that's importance needs to be inflated to the point where it's going to upset people.
    我正在学中文

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast