Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Natures

I choose you, Smeargle!

MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

Can TED not post on PE2K where nobody will read it?
    ChainReaction01 likes this.
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Fusion View Post
    I prefer Chainy's mum using string shot wut
    Dude I told her about the "sex on legs" thing and she thinks its hilarious and flattering. WATCH OUT DUDE SHE'S TOTALLY CRUSHING ON YOU
    Fossil Fusion likes this.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

Er, to bring some semblance of relevance back to this thread lol...

Natures in the Park play a much bigger role than people who don't use it frequently might think. As Chainy said it dictates the way a Wild Pokemon acts, which determines what it does in battle and how Trainers encounter them in some cases. Allowing people to pick what Nature their Pokemon has gives them too much control over battle, as the Ranger would HAVE to stick to that Nature's personality while the Trainer just sits back and enjoys an easy battle.

We could have two Natures, one for Park and one for Battling, but as others have said that could prove too confusing.

Also, like others have mentioned, it really wouldn't add anything to the URPG because everyone would use the same thing, just like they use the same HP on certain Pokemon or certain Held Items or certain Abilities. Speed Boost Blaziken with Adamant Natures would be everywhere. The only time I can really see this having an impact is with, like, Dragon Pokemon. If you have a Garchomp w/ a Speed-boosting Nature and your foe has one with an Attack-boosting Nature, you'll get the first Dragon Dance and maybe be able to sweep. I can't really see it mattering in most other cases tbh (except maybe on Speed Boost Blazikens, if someone has a Blaze w/ a Speed-boosting stat they can Swords Dance and then maybe Aerial Ace next turn, but even still it's situational as the other Blaze could use a priority attack or Sub on Swords Dance or Protect or anything).

Tbh I would prefer having EVs worked into the URPG. Sure, people would probably use the same spreads, but it would give many more options in terms of personalizing Pokemon than using Natures would.

EDIT: For EVs, you would automatically have 510 to spread around; you wouldn't have to grind against Trainer Pokemon to earn them. Unless you guys think it could help activity, but make it so each battle is worth x number of points of the Trainer's choosing. Makes it easier than having to find people with specific Pokemon if you're looking for, say, Speed EVs. Of course I'm not expecting this to happen, just explaining it lol. It could be neat but would probably require an asston of work to calc, which that alone would probably make it not worth bothering with.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
    asston of work to calc
    This. One thousand times, this. And those EV's would have to be changed every switch, which makes it an asston of work just reffing the damn thing using the calc, let alone the code.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123