Move Deleter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move Deleter

Default Move Deleter

Hello! Yet another idea.

Well, who knows? Maybe you are tired of your Sleep Talk rolls ending in Teleport, Splash, or Growl. Maybe you are planning on using Last Resort someday, but you can't 'cause your Pokemon knows Explosion or Healing Wish. There's also the possibility that you never do double battles and are tired of seeing Helping Hand in your Pokemon.

Well, I'd say it would be fair to have a Move Deleter.

Maybe it could work like the Daycare except a bit cheaper. With a limit on how many moves you can delete of course and with a rule that says that your Pokemon can't have a move deleted if it only has 4 moves or less. Oh! And Definitely, the trainer should keep a list of the moves that have been deleted from that Pokemon in the stats page.

Anyone else thinks this is useful?

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Move Deleter

I support it, but there doesn't need to be a limit. And maybe you could delete level up moves?

People would contend it is useless or just an unneeded addition. It can make a difference, even if you don't think that difference is competitive.

I say 500 per move. To get it back: If it's an EM, you have to get it back however you normally get it; If it's a level up, 1,000.
    Last edited by Pidge; 8th December 2010 at 07:28 AM.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Yeah, this does sound like a really cool idea! It could be really handy for Pokemon like Gyarados and Milotic who really don't need Splash... ever. I would definitely use it at some point.

Master of Hats and Ponies Lord Fedora's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd enjoy a world where my Pokemon can't Sleep Talk something totally useless.

Blog Entries

Sounds like a good idea to me

But what if ya wanted the moves ya deleted back?
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa
    IGN: Cat
    3Ds FC: 0962-9582-2336

Master of Hats and Ponies Lord Fedora's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Cat320 View Post

It would be for things like Splash and Leer that you really have no need or desire for.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Cat320 View Post

I assume that, for Daycare moves (BMs, MTs, SMs) and level up moves, you'd probably have to go to the Daycare to teach the Pokemon that move again and pay full Daycare price. If it was a TM you'll have to buy the TM again. That's just so people think twice about what move they are deleting.

HMs can be used over and over, so, if you own the HM, you wouldn't have to buy it again.

Wait a minute this is all very well and good but has anyone thought about hidden power? Someone buys it, uses it get's a rubbishy Hp so the delete it and buy another tm! Maybe we should put something like once you use a HP then Hp can only be that type again. Unless affected by reroll special events

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    Wait a minute this is all very well and good but has anyone thought about hidden power? Someone buys it, uses it get's a rubbishy Hp so the delete it and buy another tm! Maybe we should put something like once you use a HP then Hp can only be that type again. Unless affected by reroll special events

I did think about that. That's why all deleted moves would still be listed in the stats. Like, let's say my Butterfree:

Butterfree(Female)

Nature: Naïve
    Abilities: Compound Eyes
    Level up moves: Tackle, String Shot, Harden, Confusion, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Supersonic, Whirlwind, Gust, Psybeam, Safeguard, Silver Wind, Tailwind, Captivate, Bug Buzz, Bug Bite
    TMs: Psychic, Hidden Power (electric), Solarbeam, Nightmare

And say that I deleted her Hidden Power and her Tackle. It would be like this:

Butterfree(Female)

Nature: Naïve
    Abilities: Compound Eyes
    Level up moves: String Shot, Harden, Confusion, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Supersonic, Whirlwind, Gust, Psybeam, Safeguard, Silver Wind, Tailwind, Captivate, Bug Buzz, Bug Bite
    TMs: Psychic, Solarbeam, Nightmare
    Deleted Moves: Tackle, Hidden Power (electric)

So, yeah, if I were to buy Hidden Power again, I'd have to use that one. There's already a thread that keeps track of Hidden Power Types.

I'd say no. It's all part of the risk. There isn't really a point making so much effort to ensure you don't have any risks when using specific moves. If you get stupid moves like Teleport or Splash using Sleep Talk, I'd just say sucks to be you. It's all part of the game and shouldn't be removed just to enhance your game experience by eliminating every single "bad" points.

inb4 pidge
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X & Alpha Sapphire FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

Agree with Ataro I say no also.

Actually, if you look at the games, the Move Deleter was part of the game long before Sleep Talk was. Either way, Sleep Talk isn't the main focus of the Move Deleter suggestion, it's just an example of where it could help.

I don't see why it would hurt the URPG in anyway. It would just be for the preference of the trainers. If it doesn't hurt, but it does help, it should be considered at the very least.

BTW, there's still the whole Healing Wish/Explosion vs Last Resort thing. Not the main focus either, but still.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
    I'd say no. It's all part of the risk. There isn't really a point making so much effort to ensure you don't have any risks when using specific moves. If you get stupid moves like Teleport or Splash using Sleep Talk, I'd just say sucks to be you. It's all part of the game and shouldn't be removed just to enhance your game experience by eliminating every single "bad" points.

inb4 pidge
    It's your own choice whether you want to put that effort to manage those risks or not. I don't know what game you're talking about, but the move deleter exists in the cartridge games, and if you're saying it's part of the URPG game, then I guess we could say that response to all addition and change recommendations.

Do you have a problem with me having an opinion?
    Last edited by Pidge; 10th December 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ataro View Post

inb4 pidge
    As Eriazza said, it isn't just for Sleep Talk: I have always wanted to try using Last Resort, but it is impossible with some of the moves my Flareon knows that would be completley useless to use.
    I think there should be a poll, so we can see what everyone thinks

Except Move Deletor doesn't only delete moves, it is there to also delete HMs since they cannot be deleted normally.

I'm just saying there isn't a point to make so much effort to ensure that the URPG is a game without complete risks. If we're doing this, we might as well just say everyone gets to delete Splash, Tackle, Teleport, Flail, Rage, etc.
    // urpg moderator // my urpg stats // the ultra dex //
    / Pokémon X & Alpha Sapphire FC: 2148-9374-7797 /

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast